These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Live Events

Author
Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-03-20 02:51:32 UTC
I'm incrediably new to EVE, so if this post is in the wrong section I apologise.

Because I'm new it also leads to my questions. What are Live Events? I have heard people talk about them in game and also read through a few threads in this section but I am still no more enlightened than I was at the start (if anything a little more perplexed).

So if anyone can shed some light with details of what a live event is and how they interact and also affect players, NPC's and arcs, that would be great. For example, someone on a different post stated that player interference in Live Events meant that some arcs where also interfered with?

Many thanks in advance.

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.

Simon Louvaki
Khaldari InnoTektoniks and Analytical Solutions
#2 - 2013-03-20 03:42:41 UTC
Live events are, well, live events.

Usually they have something to do with the progression of EVE's overarching story which allow players to help shape the universe. For instance not long ago a number of people received word that KK workers were going to protest outside the CPD HQ around Caldari Prime and it was let on that things might turn out heated.

A number of us flew to CPD HQ and witnessed (and participated) in the events unfold and even had a chance to influence the outcome. CCP usually has actors play the NPC roles and the rest of us are free to interact with them however we see fit. Live Events are however usually short notice and you have to have some connection with the factions involved to get a heads up, otherwise you kinda have to be lucky enough to catch wind of it.

-- "The weak of mind are quick to judge with slightest tempt; Thus fools go forth to spread false word." - The Scriptures, Book of Trials 2:13 - 2:21

--"At the narrow passage, there is no brother and no friend." - Hyasyoda Proverb

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#3 - 2013-03-20 07:20:13 UTC
Live events are lore driven events done by CCP, where you have dev's playing roles od difrent characters withing the EVE Universe lore. You can only talk with those dev actors in-character(roleplaying). Those events affect lore depending what actions do players take, who do they side are on.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Tavin Aikisen
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#4 - 2013-03-20 07:56:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Tavin Aikisen
And keep in mind this now translates across from EVE Online to DUST 514. While the above live event took part in space above Caldari Prime, intense ground fighting is currently taking place on the surface of Caldari Prime via DUST.

Welcome to a virtual world. Be sure to read the fictional news feeds. A lot of the news is portrayed in-game: EVE Online News Channels

"Remember this. Trust your eyes, you will kill each other. Trust your veins, you can all go home."

-Cold Wind

Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-03-20 18:03:58 UTC
This has made my understanding a lot better. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.