These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

FIO identify "alarming" increase in house sarum military activities

Author
Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#21 - 2013-03-18 14:18:20 UTC
Grab the Sebiestor bunny boys first, Sarum-sweeties!
Nicoletta Mithra
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#22 - 2013-03-18 14:25:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicoletta Mithra
While the good Heir Merimeth did ascertain the ship building program and the training of small squads, the allegations that those are meant to be utilized in salve raids are, indeed, as far as we see merely allegations of the leaked FIO document.

I would be slow to trust an intelligence service of the Federation on the internal processes of the Empire, even if it's in a 'leaked' document. I'd like to point out that such a leak comes at a very convenient time for the Federation and that until now, this leak did more to destabilize the cluster than any action taken by House Sarum.
Mensha Khael Crow
House Murder
#23 - 2013-03-18 14:37:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Mensha Khael Crow
There is no law against building vessels for whatever purpose a royal house sees fit. How a royal house elects to organize their forces is their concern and they are fully within their rights to hold their own counsel on the matter. Not that some of the minmatar tribal elders have not gone out of their way to give all intergalactic justification Amarr should need for upgrading our military forces.

As several people have pointed out, even though I am loathe to be seen agreeing with some. Amarr have all rights to enslave within the sovereign Amarrian domain. Capsuleer militias conflict areas currently under Amarrian jurisdiction can certainly be argued, quite forcefully, to fall within Amarrian sovereign domain.

As for the possibility of slave raids outside current Amarrian sovereignity. Perhaps it is high time to re-evaluate those imperial decrees limiting the traditional rights of all holders. In context to actions of some other concord signatories and how their failures or intentional breaches of contracts with the Amarrian throne can be best addressed. Perhaps a mere clarification that only sovereignities of Concord signatories upholding their agreements are under the Imperial restrictions on slave taking?

Though this purports to be Federal intelligence and as msr. Ixiris quite well excamplifies there is precious little to be taken seriously in that term.

Afterall, first assumption jumped into is slave raids. While not beyond the pale as a possibility one would do well to remember Amarrian persons have voiced their personal opinions for the need to increase the tactical and strategic capacity of all Imperial forces to effect those deemed threats to the security of Imperial populace and sovereignity.

Perhaps House Sarum is merely re-enforcing it's traditional role as the pre-eminent influencer of Imperial combat doctrine by updating it's own doctrine and equipment before other houses are compelled to follow suit. One can hope.

If there is any real reason for noise in this report it should be coming from the Minmatar and directed at the Gallante federation that has apparently chosen not to share this new so called alarming intelligence. Lending more credence to those suggesting propaganda might be a better description for this report..
Our righteousness is evident in the failures of the heathen, God keep us from falling prey to their weaknesses.
Nick Shale
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#24 - 2013-03-18 16:05:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Nick Shale
To every story there is a bit of truth, seems to me that the building of this vessels are true, but the intended purpose to ferry slaves is FIO speculation. If we look at the timing of this article it coincide with the release of Empress Jamyl decree to give asylum to clone soldiers, it will be fair to infer this vessels may have been built for that purpose.
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#25 - 2013-03-18 16:10:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Katran Luftschreck
Or maybe they're considering actually evacuating people out of the war zone? Like I said before, it's an embarrassment to all nations that anyone is still having to live on those worlds. Not that I expect civilian mercy-mission transports to be any less likely to come under fire than a slave transport... it's all the same to the genocidal maniacs that operate in those areas.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#26 - 2013-03-18 16:13:09 UTC
Even if this were true, the 24th Imperial Crusade has lost space superiority in the warfront, resulting an a plainly visible collapse of the front lines. If a slave raid were to be attempted now it would likely be obliterated.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Nicoletta Mithra
Khimi Harar
#27 - 2013-03-18 16:18:35 UTC
Mensha Khael Crow wrote:
Perhaps it is high time to re-evaluate those imperial decrees limiting the traditional rights of all holders.

As to the traditional rights of all holders, Cpt. Crow, Holders in general never had the right to take slaves. In truth, only a small number of authorized slavers, military officers, and religious officials are given the authority to take slaves, by tradition, so that most Holders don't have the authority to capture slaves.
Zsaryna Adrelana
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2013-03-18 17:03:57 UTC
All we have is the FIO's word that these transports are for transporting slaves. We're building transport ships, so what? Why is this even news?
We're building transport ships and in the Empire, those transport ships only ever carry one thing of course /sarcasm.
I will await to see what Her Majesty or someone speaking on her behalf has to say regarding the purpose of these ships before I start rushing to conclusions and I would advise quite a few people here to do the same.

I do this for many reasons. I do it because I believe it is right. I do it because I will profit by it. These all consolidate into one reason: I do it because I can.

Louella Dougans
Sovereign Hospitaller Order of Saint Katherine
#29 - 2013-03-18 19:00:19 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

So much for the "age of slavery coming to an end," right?
So much for staying out of the Minmatar Republic's affairs, right?
So much for desiring peace, right?
So much for respecting CONCORD rule of law, right?

Sorry, Andreus, as much as I may have liked your opinion in the past, you lost your moral authority when you offered your services as a mercenary to the Blood Raiders.

Be a Space Nun, it is fun. \o/

Katran Luftschreck
#30 - 2013-03-18 19:35:56 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Good. It's clear the Empire cannot be trusted to live like civilized human beings. Better to burn it.

You left out the part where we all eat babies and play soccer with puppies. Roll

Why are you still here, anyway? Isn't there a Black Eagle boot somewhere that needs the blood licked off it?

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#31 - 2013-03-18 19:44:52 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:

You left out the part where we all eat babies and play soccer with puppies. Roll

Why are you still here, anyway? Isn't there a Black Eagle boot somewhere that needs the blood licked off it?

Don't you have a few Amarrian asses to kiss, Ammatar?

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Lyn Farel
Khimi Harar
#32 - 2013-03-18 20:57:42 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:
I am glad to hear that efforts are being taken to restart the Reclaiming. I hope that Her Imperial Majesty will approve these developments.

So much for the "age of slavery coming to an end," right?
So much for staying out of the Minmatar Republic's affairs, right?
So much for desiring peace, right?
So much for respecting CONCORD rule of law, right?

Yes. It is better to return to traditional ways.

And CONCORD's laws have only ever served to weaken the Empire.

Be sure to pick up the right enemy this time. I hear it went not totally as expected in Vak'Atioth.

But more seriously, so much for Pax Amarria.
Katran Luftschreck
#33 - 2013-03-19 03:35:18 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
I am glad to hear that efforts are being taken to restart the Reclaiming. I hope that Her Imperial Majesty will approve these developments.

The Reclaiming never ended, it merely changed shape. I can't really imagine any noble trying to run off to start their own private war and surviving Her Imperial Majesty's wrath, either.

Sepherim
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2013-03-19 04:10:41 UTC
It's too soon to say anything solid, and valid information is too scarce, and too politicized. So we wait for the call of the Empress, and prepare to do her bidding, whatever it may be. If it means a full development of the Reclaiming, we'll fight and enslave; if it is a modification to military doctrine, we'll learn the new one; if it's transports they are building, we'll secure them.

But, until something solid is said, all here is gossip.

Sepherim Catillah Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris Liuteneant Ex-Imperial Navy Imperator Commander

Mensha Khael Crow
House Murder
#35 - 2013-03-19 05:23:59 UTC
Nicoletta Mithra wrote:
Mensha Khael Crow wrote:
Perhaps it is high time to re-evaluate those imperial decrees limiting the traditional rights of all holders.

As to the traditional rights of all holders, Cpt. Crow, Holders in general never had the right to take slaves. In truth, only a small number of authorized slavers, military officers, and religious officials are given the authority to take slaves, by tradition, so that most Holders don't have the authority to capture slaves.

I am quite aware. Now as before you chose to comment. I chose my words with some care I assure you.
Our righteousness is evident in the failures of the heathen, God keep us from falling prey to their weaknesses.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#36 - 2013-03-19 08:36:59 UTC
House Sarum is only one house, thay pose no bigger threat than House Kador during the time when we destroyed there fleet that tried to invade Solitude.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Conventia Underking
Underking Family
Khimi Harar
#37 - 2013-03-19 09:32:59 UTC
The Gallente are known to lie to anyone, to gain advantage. This is simply another ploy.

Given that I grew up on a Sarum Family facility, I can't help but view their confirmed development as a step in the right direction.

For God; Salvation is Imperative, but not at the cost of our Humanity!

The Vitoc Problem - Conventia Underking

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#38 - 2013-03-19 10:05:27 UTC
Louella Dougans wrote:
Sorry, Andreus, as much as I may have liked your opinion in the past, you lost your moral authority when you offered your services as a mercenary to the Blood Raiders.

Go upend your head into a bucket of spent ectoplasm, you useless lackwit.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Louella Dougans
Sovereign Hospitaller Order of Saint Katherine
#39 - 2013-03-19 18:12:18 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Louella Dougans wrote:

Go upend your head into a bucket of spent ectoplasm, you useless lackwit.

No you.

Be a Space Nun, it is fun. \o/

Per Bastet
B.O.O.M
#40 - 2013-03-19 18:18:14 UTC
I see that everyone is focused on the rumor mill and not looking at all the facts.

The Empress, in her divine grace, has extended the hand of comfort to all the clone soliders that the Caldari and Galente are trying to destroy. They will need transports to move them around, maybe these transports are for carrying their stuff to the empire worlds that have been set aside for them to live on?

"Whether the paranoid conspiracy theory community has had a separate trial process and decided other crazy batshit insane garbage was true I can't attest to as I don't subscribe to that mailing list and instead deal in the realm of fact."  - CCP Sreegs, 2013

Previous page123Next page