These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve is dying...again.

Author
Liafcipe9000
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#61 - 2013-03-12 14:48:50 UTC
Turelus wrote:
Is it wrong that I actually want more WiS content?

CQ is like a leech that they just refuse to remove. it's annoying and useless, and they should get it done and Open The Door™ or just throw the entire CQ out.
DSpite Culhach
#62 - 2013-03-12 14:56:59 UTC
EVE must be dying.

I logged in the other day and every system in Hisec I jumped in was totally empty. I also found a bugged station where every ship and mod in the game cost 100 ISK, so I bought tons and tons of stuff before CCP fixes it.

6000 Fully fitted Tengus. Come at me bro.

I apparently have no idea what I'm doing.

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#63 - 2013-03-16 21:59:18 UTC
PCU down a further 5k this weekend. That's science, baby!

We need space barbies NOW! It might already be too late, but at least we'll all die fashionably.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Whitehound
#64 - 2013-03-16 22:11:25 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
PCU down a further 5k this weekend. That's science, baby!

We need space barbies NOW! It might already be too late, but at least we'll all die fashionably.

Eat a sock.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Theangryhobo
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#65 - 2013-03-16 23:49:03 UTC
DSpite Culhach wrote:
EVE must be dying.

I logged in the other day and every system in Hisec I jumped in was totally empty. I also found a bugged station where every ship and mod in the game cost 100 ISK, so I bought tons and tons of stuff before CCP fixes it.

6000 Fully fitted Tengus. Come at me bro.

I'll buy those off you for 200 isk each. That's double your money bro. Think about it.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#66 - 2013-03-16 23:58:44 UTC
The signs of doom are everywhere. Meteors over Russia, swarms of locusts in Egypt and now, the most evil portent of all... COMETS !

Frogs and fish raining down from the sky are next.... then we're really pooched.

Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Eyeama Spy
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#67 - 2013-03-17 00:06:56 UTC
my god I am rich, I asked and they gave me all their stuffP
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#68 - 2013-03-17 00:13:05 UTC
Oh man..I really hope Eve isnt dying this time...i just subbed my 46th account.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Theangryhobo
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#69 - 2013-03-17 01:45:55 UTC
Only 46? You're not a true EVE player until you hit 100. I hear CCP sends you a free hat if you do.

Andracin
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2013-03-17 01:52:53 UTC
I will believe EvE is dead when ccp is reduced to making jove a playable race and the EVE Gate opens again and our long-forgotten ancestors invade...until then I'll keep shooting stuffs.....
Celly Smunt
Neutin Local LLC
#71 - 2013-03-17 02:34:43 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Oh man..I really hope Eve isnt dying this time...i just subbed my 46th account.

If I may?

just a small observation...

it would seem that with 46 accounts, you're successful at something...

That is all

o/
Celly

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Tom Gerard
Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
#72 - 2013-03-17 02:45:48 UTC
What a provocative thought generating post. This will require some thought.
After careful consideration I have determined the OP is wrong.
Furthermore, I think the OP is an idiot.

Now with 100% less Troll.

Urgg Boolean
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2013-03-17 02:49:44 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
Peak concurrent users down 5k from last Sunday. At this rate Eve will be completely dead in less than three months.

CCP should divert all efforts to WIS. Only emotes can save as now.

Discuss.

There is no emoticon to express how I feel on this topic.
Kara Corvinus
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2013-03-17 04:33:39 UTC
The real problem with EvE, is CCP's marketing.

I frequently have discussed with people from other games about EvE online and the reasons they don't play are always one of the following

# "It's to hard to get into, nothing makes sense"
So despite CCP making eve incredibly easy to get into over the last few years, they have failed to actually let anyone that isnt already playing eve know about those changes.

# "EvE trains over time, il forever be behind everyone else, ive missed the chance to play it"
This is probably the most common attitude, CCP does nothing to assure new players that someone can indeed, kick the crap out of a 2006 char with abit of intellect and focused skill training. While we as player know that a player can actually be incredibly useful with just a couple of months of focused design, this is a complete secret to anyone thinking about playing EvE.

I could prob post a couple more, but those 2 are the most common i hear, im sure many players will testify the same results,

The fact is CCP marketing focuses at us, the people already playing. It does very little to encourage new players to jump in and give it a proper go.

Which is all well and good, but the amount of effort they spent educating everyone about dust via trailers, interviews, even walk through guides on how skills are trained and equipment is purchased before the game was released, they have put no such effort into the main game.

But that's the problem now with EvE, ccp is treating it as old news, all marketing focus is on dust now and that's why numbers are dwindling.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#75 - 2013-03-17 05:30:18 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
Peak concurrent users down 5k from last Sunday. At this rate Eve will be completely dead in less than three months.

Discuss.

Oh, look - A trend, based on a one-week timeline!
The Sky Is Falling!(TM)
Roll

Badpost is bad.
Feh.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#76 - 2013-03-17 05:49:07 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Varius Xeral wrote:

Discuss.

Oh, look - A trend, based on a one-week timeline!
The Sky Is Falling!(TM)
Roll

Badpost is bad.
Feh.

Maybe....

Pirate

Signatures should be used responsibly...

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#77 - 2013-03-17 06:16:08 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:

Discuss.

st. patricks day was yesterday for a lot of people.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#78 - 2013-03-17 07:48:39 UTC
Angelique Duchemin wrote:
Anarchy Online is not even dead yet. Despite the Market driving a golden stake through Funcoms heart. Decapitating it, burning the remains and spreading the ashes at the crossroads.

As for Eve. It's going to be around for at least 3-4 years after it goes free to play so we have all the time in the world.

"Eve is forever" ™

Noob.