These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] T1 Frigate Polish Pass and Naglfar fix

First post
Author
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#121 - 2013-03-11 23:31:30 UTC
Tristan and Kestrel are already pretty studly ships.
Garcia Arnst
Doomheim
#122 - 2013-03-11 23:34:44 UTC
iskflakes wrote:
Firstly, I think the nag change is lazy. How hard can it be to change a missile hardpoint into a turret hardpoint?

A more important point though is the order of ship balancing. The phoenix is in a worse position than the nag right now because it can't be used to counter battleship fleets (which every other dread can). The phoenix really needs some attention (for example the tracking enhancer affecting missiles).

Also, if the moros is widely acknowledged to be way OP and to be in receipt of an incoming nerf bat, what's with the new NAG? You trade off a little tank and alpha for substantially better tracking and selectable damage types.
Alec Freeman
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#123 - 2013-03-11 23:59:51 UTC
Love the changes. The nag can be turning into the ultimate tracking dread ^^ with the burst tank of shield + slightly higher dps than a moros if fit right.
Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#124 - 2013-03-12 00:32:09 UTC
The only one of these ships that actually changed is the tormentor, I mean how is the punisher any different now that it has slightly more cap?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#125 - 2013-03-12 01:02:45 UTC
Quote:
Well I already answered this in my previous post. I'm not seeing cercers being used this way though. They are usually pulse fit and brawling.

If you think 40.5km (maybe 50km with some range mods) optimal is sufficient to use a group of coercers to kite other and probably faster ships in a similar manner as a group of 100km cormorants then have at it. I think you will find that that 50km differnce has a huge practical effect on the length of time you can engage in the tactic, or even survive with it.

I don't give a damn about what you see, because your point of view is only one perspective. On my end I see far more beam coercers than rail cormorants. In fact, I've seen a grand total of maybe two of the latter, ever, mostly used to drive out long-ranged plexers.

not every possible battle is a group of sniper destroyers being chased by a group of other stuff and having to inflict X damage before being tackled. Poorer damage means that it will be harder to kill something before it just warps out, unless you're working with closer-range tackle in which case poorer damage means that the tackle is likely to die before you can do anything about it.
Lili Lu
#126 - 2013-03-12 03:56:40 UTC
Kahega Amielden wrote:
Quote:
Well I already answered this in my previous post. I'm not seeing cercers being used this way though. They are usually pulse fit and brawling.

If you think 40.5km (maybe 50km with some range mods) optimal is sufficient to use a group of coercers to kite other and probably faster ships in a similar manner as a group of 100km cormorants then have at it. I think you will find that that 50km differnce has a huge practical effect on the length of time you can engage in the tactic, or even survive with it.

I don't give a damn about what you see, because your point of view is only one perspective. On my end I see far more beam coercers than rail cormorants. In fact, I've seen a grand total of maybe two of the latter, ever, mostly used to drive out long-ranged plexers.

not every possible battle is a group of sniper destroyers being chased by a group of other stuff and having to inflict X damage before being tackled. Poorer damage means that it will be harder to kill something before it just warps out, unless you're working with closer-range tackle in which case poorer damage means that the tackle is likely to die before you can do anything about it.

lol i don't give a damn about your perceptions either because they are only one perspective as well.Roll I think I already addressed possible reasons why perceptions might differ in the faction frigate thread. It could be different theatres gal/cal or amar/minm as to why you see more coercers. Regardless, ccp has ship use stats. Would be good to know if they are seeing an abudance of certain types.

and when did i say "every" battle is sniper corms v everything else? I'm just saying I see a lot of it in the gallente/caldari area. which of course would make sense seeing as so many of those pilots are training caldari. Where you are so many may be training amarr. But I don't see sniper catalyst gangs kiting gangs that enter a plex. If things were less skewed one might actually see that.
Bawb Zennshinagas
Zennshinagas LLC.
#127 - 2013-03-12 04:53:38 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

The locations of turrets on an Enyo have been changed to display properly.

Just gonna note that the myrmidon has a blank turret spot now Sad

Steve is sad. Nobody likes a sad Steve.
Caius Sivaris
Dark Nexxus
#128 - 2013-03-12 05:08:44 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Caius Sivaris wrote:
Will you reimburse the SP I sunk in Citadel torps and cruise missiles?

I basically love the rebalance work, but I hate the impact on my SPs. The BC skill change will leave me with a Gallente BC 5 I have zero use for (I trained Gallente cruiser for angel ships, I have zero hybrid skills) and now the Naglfar changes will leave me with even more completely useless SP, that will still count toward my (stupidly expensive) clone cost.

No they won't. Don't even start this **** again, we're still getting threads from the damned Orca changes.

Also, in case anyone missed the point of my response:

NO. They are not reimbursing skill points for skills that still exist in game (even if you, personally, no longer need them). They never have and (hopefully) they never will. The only time skill reimbursements are done (based on CCP statements and past precedents) is when one of the following two criteria are met:

1. The skill (and it's underlying mechanic are removed from the game) - Learning Skills
2. There is a fluke that results in the character having skills trained which no longer have any in game benefit. (Not sure this one has ever happened, but the planned destroyer/battlecruiser reimbursements fall into this category, according to the Dev Blog from Ytterbium.)

This change meets neither of the two requirements above - the skill obviously will still exist, and it will have an in game benefit (just not to you any more).

Well, the fact that people have been complaining for weeks is possibly strong indicator that the politic is not well thought out. There is a lot of very wrong stuff going on, from giving the finger to people that didn't cross train (they don't get any free SP) to having people stuck with SP they have no use for, to people after the patch being able to fly ships they don't qualify for.

The skills changes themselves are mostly for the better, but the policies them around the are quite fucked up.
Bizheep
Advanced Technology
#129 - 2013-03-12 05:25:38 UTC
since you are V3ing capitals i think its a good opportunity to give a 3rd turret to the Nag, not doing that now its just laziness.

about frig rebalancing, i dont see how a +50 armor its going to fix the rifter, change the bonus give the thing more fittings because atm its just terrible compared to the others, i can understand you want to keep the utility high but its impossible to fit anything there with some tank, give it some fitting so you can fit mwd nos guns and either a medium SE or a 400mm plate and then it might be decent, or just change the bonuses (it have the same bonuses of the slasher) give it a 5% rof instead of damage and maybe a falloff bonus instead of tracking and then it might have a use.

i dont see any problem with the breacher it can hold its own against pretty much every other frigs not that +50 hull will make it OP anyway

the punisher like the rifter its ridiculized by the the merlin and incursus give it better bonuses it wont be able to hold its target solo but at least it might have an use in gangs

Mourning Souls
Minmatar Republic
#130 - 2013-03-12 05:39:30 UTC
Rifter needs more buff IMO. Rest is good.
To mare
Advanced Technology
#131 - 2013-03-12 05:47:16 UTC
Mourning Souls wrote:

no, +50 armor will fix everything.
Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#132 - 2013-03-12 06:27:27 UTC

Quote:
lol i don't give a damn about your perceptions either because they are only one perspective as well

I never presented my own observations as evidence of balance.

Quote:
If things were less skewed one might actually see that.

Gallente ships are by design based around blasters. Even still, rail catalysts have always been a thing.
Luscius Uta
#133 - 2013-03-12 07:00:55 UTC
Gypsio III wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:

We could try starting a "Hybrids for the Phoenixes" charity and see how much traction we can get?

Thing is though, how would you make it different to the Moros, yet still make both useful? Bonuses to damage and optimal maybe? Or damage and shield resists?

Can't say I wouldn't welcome such idea, maybe even it would be good to introduce a second dread to each race, being more designed for fleet engagements than shooting stationary structures.
One of their bonuses would be for tracking, optimal or faloff (or missile explosion velocity, if Minmatar one goes the way of Talwar & Cyclone)
Second bonus would be defensive, so either resists or repair/boost amount.
No damage bonuses, so they would have slightly lower DPS than current dreads but being more likely to hit other ships and have greater survivability.

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Sinzor Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#134 - 2013-03-12 07:13:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Sinzor Aumer
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Madracoon wrote:
What about the Moros doing a ton more DPS than the others?

Because blasters?

Blasters should be short-range, lasers - long range, and autocannons in-between. What do we have now? Let's compare range (optimal+falloff) for subcap and capital turrets:

Mega Pulse II (32 km) -> Capital Pulse (47.5 km) = +48%
800mm AC II (24 km) -> Capital AC (53.8 km) = +124%
Neutron Blaster II (17.2 km) -> Capital Blaster (45 km) = +161%

I dont know if capital lasers are inferior, or both projectiles and blasters deserve nerf, but something is wrong here - as blasters having almost the same range as lasers is a nonsense.
Goldensaver
Maraque Enterprises
Just let it happen
#135 - 2013-03-12 07:31:48 UTC
Lili Lu wrote:

I wouldn't mind some Coercer buffs, personally. It's hard to fit, can only use its biggest guns in EXTREMELY gimped fits, and has a paper tank. But I never brawl in my Coercers. I prefer to turn on the MWD, drop the point, load Scorch, and apply ~250 DPS at 20-25km. Brawling is bad, because no tank is bad.

Lili Lu wrote:
Don't really see it with Talwars. But then what's the common denominator of Coraxs and Cormorants? Yep. And no, I don't see packs of 50km Coercers kiting and sniping. Why don't you convice a bunch of guys to try it with you and tell us all how it goes.

My corpmates almost never use Coraxes. Something to do with everything the Corax does, the Caracal does better. But I don't know what it is about the Talwar that makes them use that instead, but they go crazy over it.

The only benefit to the Corax over the Caracal is that it's a destroyer (people will engage a destroyer when they wouldn't a cruiser, it can get in small plexes, and people will only bring a half dozen cruisers to kill a Corax, as opposed to the few dozen for a Caracal), and the 50% explosion velocity.
Nagarythe Tinurandir
Einheit X-6
Ushra'Khan
#136 - 2013-03-12 08:01:36 UTC
To mare wrote:
Mourning Souls wrote:

what it needs is more distintion from the slasher which has the same bonuses, number of turrets and a lot more speed.

Volstruis
Mise en Abyme
#137 - 2013-03-12 08:11:02 UTC
I still think that ewar needs to be looked at. Kiting TD meta is a bit broken, especially in t1 frigate land.
Unforgiven Storm
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#138 - 2013-03-12 09:08:01 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:
Unforgiven Storm wrote:
Ouoman wrote:
How will the new Nag affect the current sov warfare meta? Aka cap blobs. Since:

(...) A Nag fleet as small as 40-50 alpha nags (...) If the hostiles escalated with supers and titans the Arty nags could theoretically blap a super or titan in 3-5 volleys. (...)

I'm not a cap pilot so this is obviously theoretical.

Let me correct this:

Assuming null sec and my area of space, if the we escalate with supers and titans the Arty nags will die to the DDs of 40-50 titans and the rest will die to the supers, soon after.

Big smile

I want to see this happen.

Already did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ-l-QGC3g0

Unforgiven Storm for CSM 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. (If I don't get in in the next 5 years I will quit trying) :-)

Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#139 - 2013-03-12 09:16:35 UTC
Volstruis wrote:
I still think that ewar needs to be looked at. Kiting TD meta is a bit broken, especially in t1 frigate land.

Yup. The main problems with ewar atm are

1) It costs too little cap. Like WAY too little cap.

2) Scripts are too powerful. They should be -75/+50 instead of -100/+100

3) They are too easy to fit
To mare
Advanced Technology
#140 - 2013-03-12 09:21:08 UTC
Nagarythe Tinurandir wrote:
To mare wrote:
Mourning Souls wrote:

what it needs is more distintion from the slasher which has the same bonuses, number of turrets and a lot more speed.

Yep i think the slasher should have its number of turret reduced to 2 or one bonus removed, so everythingwill be fine.