These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

VAERT EvE ISK => RL money donations Emergency Relief Initiative

First post
Author
flakeys
Doomheim
#61 - 2013-01-23 21:01:55 UTC
Grendell wrote:
♥Raw♥

cheater ....

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#62 - 2013-01-23 21:09:40 UTC
RAW23 wrote:

5) There isn't much of a risk. a) CCP has said they will not tolerate the plex for good drives being used for scams because they have real world ramifications; b) VV has an excellent track record, including managing the donation of something like a hundred billion to the last drive; c) many people believe that VV is too stubbornly bloody-minded to even be capable of going against her word (whether this is a character flaw or a virtue is debatable).

6) It makes RAW23 post, and we all love to read RAW23 posts!

My most warm welcome (back or not), RAW23! I hope you get all the good and joy in life you and your family deserves!
Candy Oshea
Techfree Investment Group
#63 - 2013-01-23 22:49:40 UTC
Alex Grison wrote:
Why would anyone donate through you and risk that their money does not go to charity. When they can donate themselves?

The reason "Why" im donating is: (refer RAW23 Post.)

2) I'm donating less than the worth of a plex card.

4) Mainly, I believe (correct me if im Wrong) He actively using the funds & Reporting monthly.

7) to generate some positive advertising of this fund, and be part of its history.

Ill chat more with you online Alex, thanks for replying.

iCandy  - I have accidently swallowed some Scrabble tiles, my next shit could spell disaster!

Trader CiCi
Jack of all skills
#64 - 2013-01-24 00:27:34 UTC
I am back playing eve again Hopely send more isk Big smile

Here's how I think of my money -- as soldiers -- I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there's more of them." - Kevin O'Leary/Shark Tank

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#65 - 2013-01-24 01:52:25 UTC
Trader CiCi wrote:
I am back playing eve again Hopely send more isk Big smile

Welcome back!
Trader CiCi
Jack of all skills
#66 - 2013-01-27 18:50:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Trader CiCi
1b Isk donated in 2013 Cool & more to come
3/11/2013
Big smileSmileCool

Here's how I think of my money -- as soldiers -- I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there's more of them." - Kevin O'Leary/Shark Tank

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#67 - 2013-02-09 09:41:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Year 2013, new donations and new balance sheet

General considerations

VAERT is entering its third year of operation. Despite the quite quiet approach it is keeping, the Fund is still growing strong by each passing month.

This is thanks to RAW23's 35B long term donation which is accruing monthly interests through Grendell and to Barakach plus Trader CiCi who are relentlessy sending donations as ISK comes available.

Balance sheet

Times are changing and so the Fund is adapting to them.
From a basically static accounting based on "end of the month snapshots", VAERT is transitioning to a dynamic model. This is due to the introduction of an equity component due to recurring incoming rates off Grendell and due to the switch from a "shapshot" accounting model to one able to take into account unrealized profits.

This change will make the balance as clear and as detailed as possible.

In particular, the 2013 balance is going to show:

1) The current Fund consolidated wallet (about 23B).
2) The long term receivable income, currently it's the RAW23 donation capital, that is 35B.
3) The short term receivable income (812.5M), already written as included in the NAV. This is the total of the outstanding donations updated at the date of the current month balance publication. These are the donations that have yet to be consolidated in the Fund wallet for the next month. They are basically in "queue".
4) The Sister Funds NAVs, as communicated by the Sister Funds Managers. Notice how it's up to them to keep my records updated, if I don't get a record by the time of balance sheet publication, the old value is reprinted.

The rules

Nothing changed, operationally speaking.
In case of RL Emergency CCP initiative, the following happens:

a. ISK listed at 1) and 3) are the immediately available liquids, they get sent to CCP.

b. ISK listed at 2) depends on Grendell. It's a long term receivable that used to be a RAW23 investment, therefore it might be locked into some of Grendell's business.
Once the investment comes close to maturity I will negotiate with Grendell and see if other terms may be met.
I really desire to keep the investment running, as a stable 600M+ per month interest income is nothing to scoff at, but I also understand if some people would prefer to make it possible to completely take it off and send to CCP in case of emergency.

I am open to suggestions on this: immediate take of 35B to convert to PLEX or renew the investment to have a rolling 600M a month? Of course the usual hard law applies: once ANY ISK enters the fund (including the 35B) it cannot EVER leave for ANY reason except to be sent to CCP. That's why I can't "swap" the 35B or anything, once they are gone in the Fund, they are forever unavailable to future investment.

c. ISK listed at the Sister Funds can't be managed or sent by VAERT. Therefore - as usual - in case of RL emergency I will send the Sister Funds Managers an EvE-mail requesting their ISK to be sent to CCP. The rest is all on their hands.
Candy Oshea
Techfree Investment Group
#68 - 2013-02-09 10:16:12 UTC
Candy Oshea wrote:
VV

with regards to your fund.

Techfree Investment Group Via iCandy Bond #5 would like to donate a Modest 10% of my Profit (After paying back investors & their interest payments) for the month. obviously at the conclusion of the bond.

Should be in order of ~100m, ( i Said Modest Oops ) a 'Tithing' if you will.

Also: Free Bump!

Payment sent

iCandy  - I have accidently swallowed some Scrabble tiles, my next shit could spell disaster!

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#69 - 2013-02-09 13:44:44 UTC
Candy Oshea wrote:

Confirming receipt of 272,859,572 ISK through VAHFT free-for-VAERT-donations passthrough brokering.
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#70 - 2013-02-09 15:29:47 UTC
hi vv

just wanted to know if you knew when ccp was gonna do this again, has it been confirmed recently(things change) that this is still the case?

@JerryTPepridge

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#71 - 2013-02-09 16:52:06 UTC
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
hi vv

just wanted to know if you knew when ccp was gonna do this again, has it been confirmed recently(things change) that this is still the case?

I suppose that a RL disaster has to happen first, then CCP would create the devblog for it.
If anyone volounteers to open a ticket with CCP and ask about it, ATM I have my two open and looking at how slow they are replying I am not going to be able to open another for some more weeks to ask them.
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#72 - 2013-02-10 04:57:37 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
hi vv

I suppose that a RL disaster has to happen first, then CCP would create the devblog for it.
If anyone volounteers to open a ticket with CCP and ask about it, ATM I have my two open and looking at how slow they are replying I am not going to be able to open another for some more weeks to ask them.

its been a few years is all, unfortunately there is only way to cash this monster out is thru ccp. id offer to put one in, but they will probs just delete it, the ones answering the tickets prob wouldn;t have a clue anyway.

btw tickets can't be put on forums anyway, so you would be taking someones word for it regardless.

it must be too hard for a ccp person to post here, shame.

as even though i give vv a hard time, its pretty hard to not like this idea.

@JerryTPepridge

Grendell
Technologies Unlimited
#73 - 2013-02-11 15:43:21 UTC
Hey VV,

If you want to go over the details pertaining to the funds 35b investment, let me know when you are available. We can also just discuss it through mail if we can't find the time for a convo.

◄[♥]►3rd Party Service◄[♥]►

♥ Securing Peace of mind ♥

Grendell
Technologies Unlimited
#74 - 2013-02-14 16:22:11 UTC
I've found the next Emergency Relief Initiative project. Link.
Should contact CCP and encourage them to fight this upcoming potential disaster.

◄[♥]►3rd Party Service◄[♥]►

♥ Securing Peace of mind ♥

flakeys
Doomheim
#75 - 2013-02-14 20:44:10 UTC
Grendell wrote:
I've found the next Emergency Relief Initiative project. Link.
Should contact CCP and encourage them to fight this upcoming potential disaster.

I would cancel my internet sub for that ..... just saying.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Trader CiCi
Jack of all skills
#76 - 2013-02-23 01:53:27 UTC
More isk sent + Free bump Big smileSmileCool

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#77 - 2013-02-23 07:57:11 UTC
Trader CiCi wrote:
More isk sent + Free bump Big smileSmileCool

Thank you!
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#78 - 2013-03-09 11:44:30 UTC
February update

It has been a very nice month, over 2B in donations!

Once again a number of Donors are most persistent: RAW23 through Grendell, Trader CiCi (really appreciated!) and Barakach.

Candy Oshea is also worth mentioning, as she tends to send portions of her bonds profits to the Charity.
This month was no exception, with about 273M sent she comes second in the non-institutional Donors after Trader CiCi (500M!)
Grozen
Mateber Mining and Manufacturing Company
C U L T
#79 - 2013-03-09 12:14:51 UTC
Hey VV like you advised me I asked CCP about plex for good.I suggested to ccp that they make it pernament thing I also got answer in a petition that they will forward my suggestion to the right people.Fingers crossed.

knowledge is power.

Trader CiCi
Jack of all skills
#80 - 2013-03-11 06:25:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Trader CiCi
more isk sent
2012-2013 2b total donated to Vahrokh's Emergencies Relief Trust
Big smileCoolLol