These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

POSes: I am a small portion of the community

First post First post
Author
Stridsflygplan
Krypted Gaming
#1981 - 2013-01-18 05:11:42 UTC
POSt for POSes! Cool

NICE 100 pages!
Winthorp
#1982 - 2013-01-18 05:12:24 UTC
100 page thread naught that confirms that the POS revamp will benefit no one. Roll

Now get on to it CCP

Bump for 200 pages
Vendictus Prime
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1983 - 2013-01-18 05:17:12 UTC
But, hardly anyone uses them!? !?What?
Alekseyev Karrde
Capitalist Army
Templis CALSF
#1984 - 2013-01-18 05:17:55 UTC
Stridsflygplan wrote:
POSt for POSes! Cool

I see what you did there.

wow 100 pages guys. That's no small portion ;)

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Steph Wing
No Dukks Given
#1985 - 2013-01-18 05:20:30 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
Stridsflygplan wrote:
POSt for POSes! Cool

I see what you did there.

wow 100 pages guys. That's no small portion ;)


Someone's gunning for the POS operator vote.
Celly Smunt
Neutin Local LLC
#1986 - 2013-01-18 05:30:58 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
Stridsflygplan wrote:
POSt for POSes! Cool

I see what you did there.

wow 100 pages guys. That's no small portion ;)



agreed, especially if you factor in that generally only a small segment of the community even bothers with the forums, then counter that percentage with the turnout for this particular thread...

just saying.

o/
Celly



Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Gus Machado
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#1987 - 2013-01-18 05:32:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Gus Machado
I do not own a Pos! I don't want to own a Pos!
But Shocked
When I saw the purposed revamp at fanfest last year I was thinking man if they even come close to makeing some of the changes poposed I would definitely want to have one. I agree with most of the players in the thread Poses should be looked at and made a lot cooler and easier to maintain. So please CCP do not stumble, Think about how cool it would be to make the dream of your vision for Poses come true. the Pos revamp is still in my opinion a good idea.
Allandri
Liandri Industrial
Liandri Covenant
#1988 - 2013-01-18 05:32:37 UTC
Same POS's (literal and figurative) since I subbed in 2004. Fix them!
Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1989 - 2013-01-18 05:33:59 UTC
Ex-POS operator "small minority" who cancelled two out of four accounts and packed up the POSes due to the fact that the whole game system is so terrible. Want 30 euros a month more from me? Rework POSes and industry related to them in general.

:waves money in front of CCP:
Proximo Kor-Azor
Portland Research
Rote Works
#1990 - 2013-01-18 05:43:03 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
CCP Gargant wrote:
I can't make promises for game designers or the people that make content for EVE Online. Please try to remember that. What I can do is assure you that your voices have been heard, the opinion of the CSM has been heard, and the concerns raised in this thread have been heard.
Respectfully, CCP Gargant, therein lies the problem. I certainly still have an enormous amount of respect for CCP and the job its Devs do every day, but if you're just writing to say "hold on guys, we hear you," but you can't actually comment on what's coming, then that doesn't really help us at all.

POSes are in a desperate state at the moment. And I think many people would agree--players and CCP--that something needs to be done to improve POS mechanics and, as a result, quality of life. Let me point out a few quotes of my own that I have found that give many of us posting here concern that "POSes had been shelved:"

Page 37 (after UAxDEATH brought up "broken promises" on a POS revamp):

"Unifex stated that what CCP did was spend effort and prototype what would make a good POS system. It would, however, only affect the group of people who manage POSes. Focusing that amount of time and effort on some small singular aspect of the game and delivering only that “is what will kill the business”. (emphasis added)

Then back on Page 21:

"Unifex: We can't do everything in our long-term plan in the next 6 months. And when we actually do the prototyping and figure out how tough something is to actually do, our plans may change." (emphasis added)

Jumping ahead to Page 38:

"[F]rom a game design perspective, implementing changes to null-sec and the sov system in general would be easier than revamping the POS system. On top of that, Soundwave added, the POS system by itself would only affect a small portion of the community."

It seems evident from the quotes above that CCP had, in fact, analyzed whether a POS revamp would be worth it but then decided that the developer cost-to-player benefit could not be justified due to POSes "affect[ing] a small portion of the community."

Certainly, we could look all over the EVE Universe and find points where problems exist, from high sec to low to null to wormhole space. And of course each player from those respective areas is going to want to lobby for their area being fixed. The thing about POSes, though, is that they affect players in all areas of the game, and this doesn't even speak of what POSes could do if given a proper once-over. They could make massive quality of life improvements, from refitting T3s in wormhole space to rethinking how refining and manufacturing fit in high sec space.

Granted there is merit in focusing developer talent and financial resources on individual areas, and there are many systems that need overhaul. But given the fact that POSes affect players in all areas, the answer seems obvious.

Whether its a new player or veteran, there's tremendous gameplay opportunity a POS revamp would afford. It could easily attract newer players to POSes if they weren't so daunting or hard to manage, and it would give veterans quality of life improvements that are long overdue.

I'm signing this thread, because I believe that our concerns weren't misplaced. And I feel that POSes are in need of change.

QFT.
+1 for pos change
OziRia
Strange Neighbors
#1991 - 2013-01-18 05:44:22 UTC
Sorry for my bad English.
When CCP bad it feeds us all the sweet promises, but how are you get better, so it starts again spit on the players? Enough to fool us, do some reworking of the POS.
POS FIX or GFTO
Damoxenos
Mitsubishi Clandestine Pharmaceuticals
Goonswarm Federation
#1992 - 2013-01-18 05:44:59 UTC
Dear CCP,

I am probably flogging a puddle of nondescript red goo that used to be a dead horse by now, but whatever, here goes:

You say too few people use POS for you to consider them a priority. How do you, on the other hand, measure the people that would start using them if they had good mechanics and intuitive interface?

Plenty of people I know just stay away from the damn things because it's not worth dealing with the cobbled together mechanics at this time. The fuel changes were an easy fix, and POS operators everywhere thank you for it, but now it's time to rework the whole system. Pretty please?
Oliver Stoned
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1993 - 2013-01-18 05:55:37 UTC
Dearest CCP,

In your own words, HTFU.

If 100 pages so far is a SMALL portion of the player base, just keep reading.
Galendil
THORN Syndicate
Northern Coalition.
#1994 - 2013-01-18 06:02:13 UTC
+1

--- | --- Flammis Acribus Addictis --- | ---

Ossirrus
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1995 - 2013-01-18 06:03:33 UTC
Security of POSes need fixing however turning them into a station that you dock at is not the answer.

im all for a POS fix as long as you dont break them in the process.
Zu'ferna
Astral Horizons
#1996 - 2013-01-18 06:04:17 UTC
Howdy CCP! I'm rather fond of my POS. Mainly because it keeps my valuable stuff safe in my wormhole! But that doesn't mean I don't think it needs improvement! I'd very much like improvement! Quite a bit! Most importantly is alliance access to Ship Maintenance Arrays, and Corp Hangers, and Assembly Arrays. Under the current settings you can't really dictate who can use a SMA beyond owner corp, and everyone in the alliance. With Assembly Arrays and Corp Hangers, they can only be accessed by the corp that owns them. I personally have several accounts, in different corporations, in the wormhole with me. This makes managing mods and storing things a annoying process without the use of cans, but cans are vulnerable to being opened by anyone in the alliance, or with the force field password. Those are my two most desired improvements.

Oh, I'd also love to have a ship spin counter. It's been so long since I've been docked in a station, and I miss my little number. Cry
Sith1s Spectre
Sky Fighters
Rote Kapelle
#1997 - 2013-01-18 06:04:41 UTC
Posting in a 100 page threadnought confiming CCP need to pull their finger out and fix their broken stuff.

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

Showmust Goon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1998 - 2013-01-18 06:12:00 UTC
W-Space for POS-changes!
Carmine Zuigiber
Unquantized
#1999 - 2013-01-18 06:18:55 UTC
Posting because I don't want a POS right now. I want what they could be: Farms & Fields

Victory Gardens for solo players. Community co-ops for elite PVPers. Slaughterhouses for alliances.

We know the devs have good ideas. Ideas that "scale", and touch industry, sovereignty, exploration, and more. Start small, take them on one at a time.

If POSes weren't so hard to deal with, they'd affect more players. Make it happen!
Quatica Sicor
Nobilium Coalition
#2000 - 2013-01-18 06:27:01 UTC
I'am posting because the current POS system is just such a pain,
and the modular system can be so much more.

So please go ahead with the change