These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP! Please clarify the future plans for WiS!

First post
Author
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2011-10-24 20:54:07 UTC
I can say for all goons except Rho Squad that we do not want WiS. That's 4000+ people right there.
Cyra Mangeiri
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2011-10-24 20:59:22 UTC
Karadion wrote:
I can say for all goons except Rho Squad that we do not want WiS. That's 4000+ people right there.


After observing some of the Goons' avatars on the forums, I can understand that. Also, I get it that they're made that way since they weren't interested in the idea in the first place, but honestly, beyond some of the CSM, who cares what the Goons think?
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#43 - 2011-10-24 20:59:43 UTC
the funny thing is, you know who wrote a column about how great an addition incarna would be and then got rather embarassed when captain's quarters hit?

CSM chairman for life The Mittani

doesn't matter if you want it or not, the reality is CCP can't deliver

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#44 - 2011-10-24 21:00:43 UTC
seriously, it's on ten ton hammer, and his "oops, mea culpa" followup column when incarna was such ****

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#45 - 2011-10-24 21:00:59 UTC
To the WiS haters, I never suggested stopping work in the FiS content. I am commenting that Hilmar is wrong about folks in Eve not wanting WiS, a lot do! And ending WiS development after delivering the only single player per instance prison cell MMO in the 'verse will be a constant reminder of how lame CCP is at things.

I'd suggest WoD is dead, not because there isn't a huge market for MMO vampire games, but because CCP finally realized there is no way to commercialize a game based on the Carbon engine.

What I want (and I think a lot of other folks) is for CCP to let us know there is staffing asigned to WiS, that they will farm the best suggestions that the players have offered about how WiS would make Eve better and finally they will be finding a new engine for WiS going forward.

We now have to live with a character generator a lot of us think isn't as good as the original one (at least if all we can do is sit locked in a prison cell with no promise of any improvements). I know I liked my previous portraits better.

Please CCP add some sort of interaction with other players in CQ! (you could let us tap code through the walls to the CQ next to us and at least make more like the prison cell it is!!!) P

CCP show us you have a plan to go further than Captains Prison Rooms because if you claim you stopped because no one in Eve wants a WiS experience you are wrong or lying!

Issler
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#46 - 2011-10-24 21:01:37 UTC  |  Edited by: arcca jeth
Karadion wrote:
I can say for all goons except Rho Squad that we do not want WiS. That's 4000+ people right there.


so the average login per day of players is somewhere around 20-25k....remember this is down from a steady 40k to near 50-60k players online at any given time a few months ago.

so at the current level of average players online, those 4k+ are still only 1/5 of the regular online population... ONE FIFTH

actually, looking at the server graph, its less than 1/5 lol go figure. people swinging their weight around as if it has some merit
Cyra Mangeiri
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2011-10-24 21:04:03 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
the funny thing is, you know who wrote a column about how great an addition incarna would be and then got rather embarassed when captain's quarters hit?

CSM chairman for life The Mittani

doesn't matter if you want it or not, the reality is CCP can't deliver


You're not wrong. The current CQ is not what Incarna should've been about. However, bashing the idea of WiS based on that CQ is hardly worth note, because the idea behind it is still good, it's just the realization of the idea that leaves a lot to desire. Abandoning whole WiS as it is just because some people can't see beyond the moment is not a good idea after making the first steps towards it. Delay it if it's not ready, sure, but abandon fully? Not smart.
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#48 - 2011-10-24 21:06:19 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
Karadion wrote:
I can say for all goons except Rho Squad that we do not want WiS. That's 4000+ people right there.


so the average login per day of players is somewhere around 20-25k....remember this is down from a steady 40k to near 50-60k players online at any given time a few months ago.

so at the current level of average players online, those 4k+ are still only 1/5 of the regular online population... ONE FIFTH


That makes a strong case for it. I bet less than 1/5 of Eve is in WHs, has a supercapital, does PW, has a POS, flies T3, participates in the Alliance Tournemant......

Issler
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#49 - 2011-10-24 21:06:59 UTC
Cyra Mangeiri wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
the funny thing is, you know who wrote a column about how great an addition incarna would be and then got rather embarassed when captain's quarters hit?

CSM chairman for life The Mittani

doesn't matter if you want it or not, the reality is CCP can't deliver


You're not wrong. The current CQ is not what Incarna should've been about. However, bashing the idea of WiS based on that CQ is hardly worth note, because the idea behind it is still good, it's just the realization of the idea that leaves a lot to desire. Abandoning whole WiS as it is just because some people can't see beyond the moment is not a good idea after making the first steps towards it. Delay it if it's not ready, sure, but abandon fully? Not smart.


CCP can't do it. they don't have the finances to fund three development projects at once, and incarna is actually WoD stuff. Before, it was EVE getting the short end of the stick, but that doesn't work because EVE pays the bills. Since DUST is actually close to release, it's WoD, and therefore Incarna, that get shelved until there's more money. You can't get both with CCP's finances

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Ilkahn
Ideal Mechanisms
#50 - 2011-10-24 21:07:07 UTC
I want WiS, however, i play this game to fly spaceships. Now, there are times we'd all like to maybe fly to Jita to dock at the "Capsuleers Center" or whatever they do with stations.

IMO, i think having 1 station per hi sec area where you can dock and go play cards and experience the WiS aspect would be sufficient. Maybe have a mocked down version for regular stations so folks can get a feel for controls.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#51 - 2011-10-24 21:08:05 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
Karadion wrote:
I can say for all goons except Rho Squad that we do not want WiS. That's 4000+ people right there.


so the average login per day of players is somewhere around 20-25k....remember this is down from a steady 40k to near 50-60k players online at any given time a few months ago.

so at the current level of average players online, those 4k+ are still only 1/5 of the regular online population... ONE FIFTH

actually, looking at the server graph, its less than 1/5 lol go figure. people swinging their weight around as if it has some merit


you know who probably didn't like incarna?

the 20-40k players who stopped playing

seriously how do you post those numbers and not get it

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#52 - 2011-10-24 21:09:03 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
Reading the CCP CEO interview I was taken by this comment.

"but the voice of the community is quite clear. People want more spaceships, and more flying in space features. That's very much what we are responding to. "

I don't agree, we certainly do want FiS but that doesn't mean we don't wasn more WiS. I think a lot of us do! And leaving WiS as single player prison cell CQ is a reminder that CCP can't keep its promises. The interview makes it clear there is no plan in the works or even being discussed to take WiS beyond the prison cell.

So if you wanted WiS please post in this thread because I think a lot of us want CCP to deliver more of what they have promised use for years now.

DO NOT ABANDON WiS!!
LET US OUT THAT DOOR!!!!

Issler


You're going to get 300% more WiS content in the winter expansion than you did in Incarna.

Stop being being greedy.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#53 - 2011-10-24 21:11:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
OP isn't correct: there is no more faith in CCP intention to implement WiS during next 8-20 months and majority of players who wanted WiS already unsubscribed and just waiting for game time to xpire while playing other games or waiting for KotOR.

Internet spaceships isn't the only entertaining pixels around.
Tristan North
The Scope
#54 - 2011-10-24 21:11:10 UTC
Karadion wrote:
I can say for all goons except Rho Squad that we do not want WiS. That's 4000+ people right there.

That's the definition of conformism, it's ridiculous.
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#55 - 2011-10-24 21:12:51 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
arcca jeth wrote:
Karadion wrote:
I can say for all goons except Rho Squad that we do not want WiS. That's 4000+ people right there.


so the average login per day of players is somewhere around 20-25k....remember this is down from a steady 40k to near 50-60k players online at any given time a few months ago.

so at the current level of average players online, those 4k+ are still only 1/5 of the regular online population... ONE FIFTH

actually, looking at the server graph, its less than 1/5 lol go figure. people swinging their weight around as if it has some merit


you know who probably didn't like incarna?

the 20-40k players who stopped playing

seriously how do you post those numbers and not get it


You don't actually know why the quit though do you? It could of been:
Boredom
Lack of Direction and Future for EVE (FIS OR WIS)
Leaving because Incarna the way it was delivered, was lame and left them wanting more
Left for feeling cheated because their subs were being used for development of games they have no interest int
Left for the lack of communication on the behalf of the CCP staff
Left for any other reason
and I'm sure that some may have left due to a combination of all of the following?
certainly cannot justify your argument on numbers that you THINK are numbers that benefit your preferences
Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#56 - 2011-10-24 21:13:05 UTC
Nick Bete wrote:
Kudos to the unidimensional thinkers for creating a false dichotomy. To have Incarna fleshed out and delivered doesn't preclude the continuing evolution of the space combat portions of the game.

In theory you may be right but in the real world CCP neglected Eve to work on a bunch of other stuff and the game suffered for it.
Cyra Mangeiri
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2011-10-24 21:13:28 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
CCP can't do it. they don't have the finances to fund three development projects at once, and incarna is actually WoD stuff. Before, it was EVE getting the short end of the stick, but that doesn't work because EVE pays the bills. Since DUST is actually close to release, it's WoD, and therefore Incarna, that get shelved until there's more money. You can't get both with CCP's finances


Even so, the point stands. CCP themselves have admitted that it was rushed (even if it took them YEARS to accomplish it), and as such, it's raw. And me myself am too acquainted with corporate policies to hold much faith in the words of a CEO, but I still maintain that done properly, WiS will (would) be an asset to EVE, something that really adds to the universe at whole, not just a small part of it.

I'll hold judgement on whether they can do it properly or not, but I shan't hold judgement on all the doomsayers predicting the end of the world just because it's a feature they don't want. This shouldn't be an unclear stance.
Barakkus
#58 - 2011-10-24 21:14:37 UTC
Written Word wrote:
We don't have WIS because the Carbon platform is a complete failure and they can't fix it within a remotely acceptable timetable. Nothing to do with customer outcry.


I think you missed the patch notes from last week.
Carbon is more than walking around btw.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#59 - 2011-10-24 21:15:44 UTC
in the end, CCP still has not Polled or Surveyed their current and previous subscribers. If they survey people when they cancel (i don't know if they do because I haven't cancelled since a brief moment in 06) then I am sure they would (hopefully) use that feedback to at least really know why people cancelled.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#60 - 2011-10-24 21:16:10 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
arcca jeth wrote:
Karadion wrote:
I can say for all goons except Rho Squad that we do not want WiS. That's 4000+ people right there.


so the average login per day of players is somewhere around 20-25k....remember this is down from a steady 40k to near 50-60k players online at any given time a few months ago.

so at the current level of average players online, those 4k+ are still only 1/5 of the regular online population... ONE FIFTH

actually, looking at the server graph, its less than 1/5 lol go figure. people swinging their weight around as if it has some merit


you know who probably didn't like incarna?

the 20-40k players who stopped playing

seriously how do you post those numbers and not get it


all players in any game have a shelf life, new content in expansions keeps players interested, so when the content sucks balls we all know what to expect. i really think the sh*** that was incarna gave peoeple the excuse they needed, i know i know,, why would anyone need an excuse,, for some reason, people in EVE do, just look back at all the emo rage i quit posts.