These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

It's All About Trust

First post
Author
Kestrix
The Whispering
#81 - 2012-12-30 16:13:43 UTC
In eve you can't really trust anyone, sad but true. I have been fortunate to have a number of friends who also play/have played this game and though the added trust of knowing each other we have come on a long way.

The best you can do is just try to be really careful about who you let in and what you give them access to. Most corp thieves in my experience tend to be too keen to play their cards and will leave once they find out it'll be months before they will get a look into the corp hangers let alone actually have the rights to remove stuff.

As to griefers attacking corp members this is someting I have yet to run into. But having put a little thought into the matter, I might be wrong and I'm not going to put this to the test but I belive you can't attack alliance members. So have your own corp with just you and your trusted members if any and have an alt run a recruitment corp within your alliance and put nothing in that corp thats attractive to griefers.
Mister S Burke
Doomheim
#82 - 2012-12-30 16:19:51 UTC
ISD Suvetar wrote:
Hi,

I've had to remove a pretty offensive post and the ones quoting it.

Please don't go there again.

My bad, you will have to excuse me, I'm American so I'm not used to censorship. if you think that's bad...just kidding. Big smile
Opertone
State War Academy
Caldari State
#83 - 2012-12-30 16:20:04 UTC
Why does this sort of things happen in EvE?

Impunity, your enemy can dock up and log off, you never catch him. At the same time, your enemy can be playing on other accounts.

If only you could hurt logged off characters, or somehow plot assassination when somebody is docked.

Then Karma and Punishment would be serious business. Today, money stolen can be easily moved to another character. Your enemy keeps his identity, but switches body, immortal. Also, his body can not be hurt, as long as he stays docked.

This post sums up why the 'best' work with DCM inc.

WARP DRIVE makes eve boring

really - add warping align time 300% on gun aggression and eve becomes great again

Ghazu
#84 - 2012-12-30 16:45:14 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Definitely a sad state of affairs. +1 LIKE for the OP.

Over the past few years I've watched Eve Online slowly turn into Grief Online.

A lot of UN-trustworthy players in this game now. More than likely the main reason a lot of players stay in NPC Corp.

Blink

DMC

+1 LIKE for the victim, I love it when they cry. 4 year old npc duder, "that's way no one can hurt me".

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2012-12-30 18:21:33 UTC
Ghazu wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

A lot of UN-trustworthy players in this game now. More than likely the main reason a lot of players stay in NPC Corp.

Blink

DMC

+1 LIKE for the victim, I love it when they cry. 4 year old npc duder, "that's way no one can hurt me".

Shocked

Hahaha, what a fail attempt at trying to flame shame me. Obviously you must not understand what the 'wink' means at the end of my statement. Either that or in your haste at trying to flame shame me, you completely missed the 'wink'. Oh yeah, I'm proud to be in NPC corp.

Lol

Anyway, what's really funny is that your 2 year old Goon character has no battle record at all, win or lose, yet you post like you're some sort of big bad PvP'er with ton's of solo kills. Seems hiding in a large player made Corporation / Alliance is definitely the best way to stay safe, right?

Roll

DMC
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#86 - 2012-12-30 18:25:04 UTC
Ghazu wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Blink

DMC

Until they get ganked anyway. Heh

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Etherealclams
#87 - 2012-12-30 18:25:38 UTC
1. No one cares
2. You let a goon in, what did you expect? A change of heart?
3. Lol.

http://aclamthatrants.blogspot.com/ Read up on my adventures.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2012-12-30 18:46:11 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Ghazu wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Blink

DMC

Until they get ganked anyway. Heh

True, no place in Eve is truly safe, except when docked in station.

I must say your battle record is very impressive for a 1 year old Goon character.

Shocked

Oh, I see. It's mainly from PoS gang banging.

Lol

DMC
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#89 - 2012-12-30 18:52:44 UTC
Etherealclams wrote:
1. No one cares
2. You let a goon in, what did you expect? A change of heart?
3. Lol.

Er, well... you see...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#90 - 2012-12-30 18:59:40 UTC
When a child gets bored, he picks on his little sister.

When Goons get bored, they pick on other EVE players.

Share the misery. Both will have an excuse and a one liner to justify it but it's the same thing.
OP did what the little sister did. Acted like a victim, got frustrated because the unavoidable truth is, there wasn't much else they could do.

The title is accurate though. it is all about the trust and the willingness to abuse it. The mechanics exploit the demand to trust strangers, the bored players exploit the demand to trust strangers.
ErrorRon
Turbo-Encabulator LLC
#91 - 2012-12-30 19:01:36 UTC
Awoxxed less than a bill? Amateurs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtItWL6GfSM CCP Gargant -  Dev of my heart.

Ghazu
#92 - 2012-12-30 19:09:42 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Ghazu wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Blink

DMC

Shocked

Hahaha, what a fail attempt at trying to flame shame me. Obviously you must not understand what the 'wink' means at the end of my statement. Either that or in your haste at trying to flame shame me, you completely missed the 'wink'. Oh yeah, I'm proud to be in NPC corp.

Lol

Anyway, what's really funny is that your 2 year old Goon character has no battle record at all, win or lose, yet you post like you're some sort of big bad PvP'er with ton's of solo kills. Seems hiding in a large player made Corporation / Alliance is definitely the best way to stay safe, right?

Roll

DMC

you sure like them emotes

dmc

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#93 - 2012-12-30 19:40:55 UTC
Ghazu wrote:

you sure like them emotes

dmc

And you sure like hitting that space bar.

For some reason this feels like Deja Vu. Is this another Salazar character?

Well, even if it's not, here's some Ghazu 'Emotes'.

Big smileSmileStraightWhat?UghSadCryXTwisted

\o/ Have A Happy New Year \o/

DMC
Bohoba
#94 - 2012-12-30 19:41:33 UTC
Like a few have said a goon is a goon and there goons wantabees :)

don't let them get u down just take it back to them... they run most the time hehe

once u get them out in the open with no cap backup

>)

Aasera Moennan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2012-12-30 20:57:40 UTC
Not Politically Correct wrote:
Why is anyone concerned with the fit?

Why does anyone want to be near anything that they are trying to kill?

Sorry to bring a ray of RL in here, but I was taught not to take a knife to a fight where the other guy might be able call in an air strike.

Oh. That's right, this isn't RL.

LOL its all troll food man. You need to put those peanuts back in your pocket and quit feeding the troll monkeys...
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#96 - 2012-12-30 21:26:26 UTC
You should call him bad names or something. Really bad ones. In Local.

He'll likely say it was a relapse, promise to attend a 12-step program and buy you a new CNR.

Really, really.

Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#97 - 2012-12-30 22:54:25 UTC
Welcome to Eve. Sorry it has taken around 3 years to finally get your welcome package, the highsec welcome squad really needs to up their game.
Not Politically Correct
Doomheim
#98 - 2013-01-15 16:10:48 UTC
As I said, it was my fault it happened. No denying that. I thought this might act as a warning to others, though.

There are still several things I don't understand about the incident, and this thread, though.

1. I thought it was illegal for corp members, especially fleet members, to destroy ships and pod people in Hi Sec, but Concord did nothing. The Goonie stayed in the system, within 100 km of the station where this happened, for some time. Concord never showed any interest.

2. I still can't figure out why anyone would be interested in the ship I was flying, or how it was fitted.

3. It seems that several people mentioned that the character was several years old and a hot-shot PvPer. Neither is true. As a player, I started in July, 2009, but I've never really been a PvPer. Until about 5 months ago, I was primarily a miner, and I had never run into this kind of situation before. The character this happened to is still less than a year old. Fairly low skills, etc.
RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#99 - 2013-01-15 16:22:57 UTC
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
lvl4 missions 18 hours a day lol

The fact that you can't do it doesn't mean that I can't.

my job ,my wife and my children are making sure ,i can,t
thanking god ,that i love my underpaid job ,my wife and my children and still have time to play and love EvE

How is your wife and my kids?

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#100 - 2013-01-15 17:02:16 UTC
As I said, it was my fault it happened. No denying that. I thought this might act as a warning to others, though.

There are still several things I don't understand about the incident, and this thread, though.

1. I thought it was illegal for corp members, especially fleet members, to destroy ships and pod people in Hi Sec, but Concord did nothing. The Goonie stayed in the system, within 100 km of the station where this happened, for some time. Concord never showed any interest.

2. I still can't figure out why anyone would be interested in the ship I was flying, or how it was fitted.

3. It seems that several people mentioned that the character was several years old and a hot-shot PvPer. Neither is true. As a player, I started in July, 2009, but I've never really been a PvPer. Until about 5 months ago, I was primarily a miner, and I had never run into this kind of situation before. The character this happened to is still less than a year old. Fairly low skills, etc.

Sorry, I may have missed pertinent posts in the middle of this thread, but...

1: There is no penalty for attacking a corp member. This make the common practice of testing fits against each other possible.

2: There is interest in your fit because people may be trying to figure out how your missioning ship was popped outside a station (as your OP indicated)... wondering why you didn't just dock up.

3: I don't think character age (or your time in game as a player) is very relevant. Some people never learn that the trick to EvE is not distrusting everyone... the trick is learning how to discern who is worthy of trust and in each case just how far that trust should go.

That being said, I'm still fairly sure this is a troll (albeit not a bad one), as it is difficult to believe that anyone would be foolish enough to kick members in good standing from his corp without good reason. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.