These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

CCP, Where Will HACs Stand?

Author
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2011-10-23 07:31:50 UTC
Just wondering, what will be the role of HACs when the tier 3 BC's come out? already, HACs dont have a role because BCs have more EHP and DPS at close/mid range. sniper gangs have a tiny niche, but the new BC's will easily surpass them with large artys, hybrids and pulses.

what do? already there is little reason to get into a HAC.
DarkAegix
Acetech Systems
#2 - 2011-10-23 07:33:30 UTC
Hungry Eyes wrote:
already there is little reason to get into a HAC.

Ugh
Lol





Furthermore,
ARMOUR HACS!
ARMOUR HACS!
AARRRMMOOOURRRR HAAACCSSSSS!!!
Khors
Doomheim
#3 - 2011-10-23 07:36:25 UTC
Hungry Eyes wrote:
Just wondering, what will be the role of HACs when the tier 3 BC's come out? already, HACs dont have a role because BCs have more EHP and DPS at close/mid range. sniper gangs have a tiny niche, but the new BC's will easily surpass them with large artys, hybrids and pulses.

what do? already there is little reason to get into a HAC.


A shieldtanked battlecrusier have the sig of a dread when they MWD.
Large turret have **** tracking.
Armor tanked, afterburning HACs have a very small sig and makes for a good tactic against battleships.
HACs are a lot faster than battlecruisers.

Besides, T2 is more of a niche ship to begin with.


And finally. Stop coming up with all these stupid **** ideas of how the tier 3 bc's will be so awesome and great in every way when the only thing known for sure is that they will use oversized guns.
sYnc Vir
Wolfsbrigade
Ghost Legion.
#4 - 2011-10-23 07:39:39 UTC
Im hoping they limit the Tornado to just Auto Cannons. As much fun as it would be to have 20 guys in 50m isk Alpha fleet ganking a frieghter, people might see that as somewhat overpowered given they get most of that back in insurance.

Or if they are allowed Arties then I guess I should spend the first week in said ganking fleets before it gets nerfed and I miss out on a frieghter drop of about 10Billion. I would be a sad panda seeing that KM without my name on it.


Won't someone please think of the afk frighter pilots..... sry but I can foresee the massive ***** thread incoming.

Don't ask about Italics, just tilt your head.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#5 - 2011-10-23 07:41:47 UTC
I'll see your large artillery Tornado and raise you a afterburner pulse Zealot at close range.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#6 - 2011-10-23 07:48:18 UTC
is that like how destroyers are better than assault frigates??
sYnc Vir
Wolfsbrigade
Ghost Legion.
#7 - 2011-10-23 07:50:04 UTC
non judgement wrote:
is that like how destroyers are better than assault frigates??



Are they? No Idea frig pvp is for poor people.

Don't ask about Italics, just tilt your head.

Khors
Doomheim
#8 - 2011-10-23 07:51:55 UTC
sYnc Vir wrote:
Im hoping they limit the Tornado to just Auto Cannons. As much fun as it would be to have 20 guys in 50m isk Alpha fleet ganking a frieghter, people might see that as somewhat overpowered given they get most of that back in insurance.

Or if they are allowed Arties then I guess I should spend the first week in said ganking fleets before it gets nerfed and I miss out on a frieghter drop of about 10Billion. I would be a sad panda seeing that KM without my name on it.


Won't someone please think of the afk frighter pilots..... sry but I can foresee the massive ***** thread incoming.


Do you think these battlecruisers will have 8 turret hardpoints? lol
I doubt they'll be doing much better than a phoon
sYnc Vir
Wolfsbrigade
Ghost Legion.
#9 - 2011-10-23 07:58:03 UTC
Khors wrote:
sYnc Vir wrote:
Im hoping they limit the Tornado to just Auto Cannons. As much fun as it would be to have 20 guys in 50m isk Alpha fleet ganking a frieghter, people might see that as somewhat overpowered given they get most of that back in insurance.

Or if they are allowed Arties then I guess I should spend the first week in said ganking fleets before it gets nerfed and I miss out on a frieghter drop of about 10Billion. I would be a sad panda seeing that KM without my name on it.


Won't someone please think of the afk frighter pilots..... sry but I can foresee the massive ***** thread incoming.


Do you think these battlecruisers will have 8 turret hardpoints? lol
I doubt they'll be doing much better than a phoon



Phoons are awesome. You don't like 1000Dps on an armor phoon or 1500dps on a gank one?

And I suspect they will likely have 4 Turrent slots.

Don't ask about Italics, just tilt your head.

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#10 - 2011-10-23 07:59:01 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
sYnc Vir wrote:
non judgement wrote:
is that like how destroyers are better than assault frigates??

Are they? No Idea frig pvp is for poor people.

A strange question, and strange comment.

Destroyers are paper thin. They might be okay against some frigates, but they aren't used much at all. Slower than frigates, crusiers normally kill them.
People use Interdictors (T2 destroyers) a lot more and that'd be mostly (if not all) nullsec use.

I like your use of italics.
sYnc Vir
Wolfsbrigade
Ghost Legion.
#11 - 2011-10-23 08:09:48 UTC
non judgement wrote:
sYnc Vir wrote:
non judgement wrote:
is that like how destroyers are better than assault frigates??

Are they? No Idea frig pvp is for poor people.

A strange question, and strange comment.

Destroyers are paper thin. They might be okay against some frigates, but they aren't used much at all. Slower than frigates, crusiers normally kill them.
People use Interdictors (T2 destroyers) a lot more and that'd be mostly (if not all) nullsec use.

I like your use of italics.



Ty, corpies troll because I do the same on our own forum. All be it with smaller text and a somewhat pinkish colour.

Don't ask about Italics, just tilt your head.

ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#12 - 2011-10-23 08:16:33 UTC
sYnc Vir wrote:
Im hoping they limit the Tornado to just Auto Cannons. As much fun as it would be to have 20 guys in 50m isk Alpha fleet ganking a frieghter, people might see that as somewhat overpowered given they get most of that back in insurance.

Or if they are allowed Arties then I guess I should spend the first week in said ganking fleets before it gets nerfed and I miss out on a frieghter drop of about 10Billion. I would be a sad panda seeing that KM without my name on it.


Won't someone please think of the afk frighter pilots..... sry but I can foresee the massive ***** thread incoming.

I didn't realise Miila was back and using italics instead of colours to trick people into thinking thier point is more valid than anyone elses.

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

DarkAegix
Acetech Systems
#13 - 2011-10-23 08:16:42 UTC
sYnc Vir wrote:
All be it

Albeit.


Please don't tell me you also say irregardless, point in case, be more pacific, could care less, for all intensive purposes and escape goat.
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2011-10-23 17:10:31 UTC
afterburning armor HACs? this some kind of joke? Shocked the only saving graces of HACs are their speed and agility, and you cant get either with this philosophy. if youre armor tanking a HAC, you might as well fly a BC.

BCs totally **** HACs in medium/short range scenarios. as i stated, due to vastly more EHP, and more DPS. sniper zealot gangs dont cut it now, and certainly wont cut it when tier 3 BC's snipe them from 150km.

can we have some actual PVP'ers comment please?
Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#15 - 2011-10-23 17:11:51 UTC
Next time just cut to the point and ask for a buff to HACs OP...
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2011-10-23 17:12:42 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
I'll see your large artillery Tornado and raise you a afterburner pulse Zealot at close range.


right. might as well use a harbie for more dps. besides, how will you waddle over to the Tornado? with an AB? Shocked
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2011-10-23 17:13:37 UTC
Rocky Deadshot wrote:
Next time just cut to the point and ask for a buff to HACs OP...


just asking: what is HAC role now, and what will it be in the winter expansion? i thought that was quite clear.
Alara IonStorm
#18 - 2011-10-23 17:20:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
Hungry Eyes wrote:


right. might as well use a harbie for more dps. besides, how will you waddle over to the Tornado? with an AB? Shocked

You use Tacklers and Bubbles while hovering around 30 hitting them with Heavy Pulse. The Arty will miss because there Sig Tanking with sig of 125 and a speed of over 500. 1400mm Guns won't hit that. They will hit a Harbinger with over double the Sig.

You want to complain about HAC's pick a worse off Bird then the Zealot. that sits at 13 on the Top 20 EVEkill list. 13 Zealot 12038. The Zealot suffers more from Drake which will be the Primary Prey of the Tornado.

If you want to complain about HAC's there is the Eagle, Deimos and the Sacrilege. The others are well used.
Berendas
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2011-10-23 17:25:25 UTC
I wish I had an excuse to dust off my Zealot. The Vagabond is the only HAC that actually does something in PVP that a BC can't do easily.
Trusty Jutspezic
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2011-10-23 17:40:38 UTC
Hungry Eyes wrote:
afterburning armor HACs? this some kind of joke? Shocked the only saving graces of HACs are their speed and agility, and you cant get either with this philosophy. if youre armor tanking a HAC, you might as well fly a BC.

BCs totally **** HACs in medium/short range scenarios. as i stated, due to vastly more EHP, and more DPS. sniper zealot gangs dont cut it now, and certainly wont cut it when tier 3 BC's snipe them from 150km.

can we have some actual PVP'ers comment please?

I'm an actual PVPer, you're pretty ******* ignorant dude.
123Next page