These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

CCP, Where Will HACs Stand?

Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#41 - 2011-10-24 04:42:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Dunn Idaho wrote:
JamesCLK wrote:
Hungry Eyes wrote:
this is pure fantasy from your mind. zealot sits at the top of HAC list in kills because of sniper gangs. zealot belongs at 100km+, otherwise you bring a harbie. snipe HAC gangs are more or less obsolete now, and will completely cease to exist with the new BCs that will easily be able to alpha cruiser+ ships from 150km. apocs and rokhs can already do this. tier 3 BCs will be able to do this as well, but with more mobility.

im not complaining about individual HACs, im saying they have no role.

Somehow, I doubt you've experienced the level of grape a PL Fist gang can inflict on a fleet of large turret based ships...

Seriously, do not diss the Zealot - or sigrad tanking for that matter.
HACs (you know, the good ones, not the Diemost &co.) have a role: that is to provide BC level dammage output in a much more compact format than say, a BC or BS - they're also fast, even with an AB, which makes them lethal against Battleships and Capitals. Obviously there are variations on this (read: Vagabond and the like), but overall the roles are there.

You're exaggerating the effect of penalties beyond what they really are. AHACs are a proven concept too, like it or not.

Now, wouldn't it be nice if the couple of HACs that actually need some love (Sacri, Diemost, Eagle) were brought up to par?

Just sayin'

Actually AHACS are esay to counter these days with a fleet of baddons, supported by a few AB loki's webbing the primaries down for the BS guns to hit them.

In that situation they just melt.

Well, the best you can hope for in that situation is evening the odds if the Fist fleet is properly set up.

The key ingredient that most people over look (mostly because it is so counter intuitive when talking about fitting a Zealot) is the fact that every pilot in the Fist fleet has a EW module of some type in the mids.

We ran proof of concept missions right after Fist fleets came out and yes Loki's can make a big difference. However they will be primary of the entire Fist fleet and all EW will be turned on them until they are gone. Still, that buys time... more so if you have a good logistics team on hand to back them up.

Most of the fleets we encountered that were trying to copy PL's tactic left out the vital EW component of their set ups and were much less effective in their efforts.

As to the other Hac's mentioned, I am hopeful that the hybrid balancing about to take place will help out the Deimos and the Eagle... and while I can't help liking the Sac for some odd reason, it needs... something.

Edit:

Almost forgot.

Current BC's are hard to kill primarily because of their tanking bonus. Since apparently the bulk of the bonus Tier 3 BC's receive will go towards being able to mount the BS weaponry (probably the smaller sizes), and possibly range and/or speed, I seriously doubt they will be difficult to kill when you get on top of them. I also doubt they will be able to mount as many weapons as a full sized BS typically can.

All in all the potential to be a very nice glass cannon that can be used to good effect, but having the inherent weaknesses that all glass cannons do. Poor tracking BS guns, high damage, possibly long range, possibly above average speed, and easy to kill inside optimal makes for interesting times ahead.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#42 - 2011-10-25 06:54:30 UTC
DarkAegix wrote:
Move along, everyone.
It's either a troll, or someone so dense that all hope is lost.

I think hes on to something. I mean... do you see Zealots mining? or running missions? A Hurricane or Harbinger can do both much better than a Zealot, clearly Zealots need to become a dedicated mining ship.

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#43 - 2011-10-25 07:08:21 UTC
OP, stop posting. You are making a huge fool out of yourself.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Renan Ruivo
#44 - 2011-10-25 07:09:29 UTC
ACE McFACE wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:
Move along, everyone.

I think hes on to something. I mean... do you see Zealots mining? or running missions? A Hurricane or Harbinger can do both much better than a Zealot, clearly Zealots need to become a dedicated mining ship.

You don't see zealots because you live in high-sec. A quick venture into null-sec will show you Zealot fleets wtfpwning both BS and BC fleets.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#45 - 2011-10-25 07:10:41 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
I'll see your large artillery Tornado and raise you a afterburner pulse Zealot at close range.

I like this guy's style!

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Renan Ruivo
#46 - 2011-10-25 07:18:08 UTC
This thread has infinite degrees of amusement.

Haulin Aussie
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2011-10-25 07:50:02 UTC
Make Heavy Assault ships cheaper, might make them a bit more viable, theres almost no point to using a HAC when bc are so cheap and insurable.
Alara IonStorm
#48 - 2011-10-25 07:54:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
Haulin Aussie wrote:
Make Heavy Assault ships cheaper, might make them a bit more viable, theres almost no point to using a HAC when bc are so cheap and insurable.

Speed, Resists, Scan Res, Range, Drone Space and Sig Radius have almost no point.

Everyone stop flying Vegabonds now, Hurricanes are cheaper.
Renan Ruivo wrote:

The Smiles go all the way to my Bones.
Haulin Aussie
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2011-10-25 08:02:28 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Haulin Aussie wrote:

Speed, Resists, Scan Res, Range, Drone Space and Sig Radius have almost no point.

Everyone stop flying Vegabonds now, Hurricanes are cheaper.
Renan Ruivo wrote:

The Smiles go all the way to my Bones.

1/8 aint bad bro.
Alara IonStorm
#50 - 2011-10-25 08:04:55 UTC
Haulin Aussie wrote:

1/8 aint bad bro.

Zealot, Cerberus, Ishtar and Muniin are wondering what you are on about.

No one cares what the Sac thinks but the Eagle and Deimos are syked for winter.
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#51 - 2011-10-25 08:21:28 UTC
mmm.... Hybrid balancing, and not having people shoot down my dps all the time.

Can't wait to actually fly a diemost around and live up to the name Pirate

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#52 - 2011-10-26 06:50:40 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
ACE McFACE wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:
Move along, everyone.

You don't see zealots because you live in high-sec. A quick venture into null-sec will show you Zealot fleets wtfpwning both BS and BC fleets.

Sorry I didnt realise I said Zealots can't PvP

Also just because I live in high sec now doesn't mean I have never ventured beyond that mysterious 0.4 gate

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Previous page123