These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Help me CCP Soundwave, you're my only hope (or Post ALL your Little Things improvements wishes!)

First post First post
Author
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#601 - 2012-12-03 00:09:39 UTC
InternetSpaceJesus wrote:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:

Right Click> Buy Fitting From Market

It could give the user a dialog selecting the maximum amount they want to pay, and selecting whether they want it only to buy if every item is available, and whatever else. Even a mediocre implementation of this would be better than buying each and every item individually. If you're really feeling nice, make it so you can buy multiple of any item, so I can just type in a list of mineral amounts and it will buy them all for the current price.

Additionally,

Right Click> Sell All

Same as the other above. It gives you a dialog where you select options, and then it sells everything for you so you don't have to sell 150 stacks of items individually.

In fact, I think the whole expansion could comprise of these two features and I would be happy.

I'm pretty sure the implementation would require a whole expansion. Sell all only works on NPCs in MMOs. The reason for that, is because when selling to NPCs in other MMOs, (as opposed to auctioning), all the amounts are static. All it needs to do is pick quantity times amount for each item and tally it up.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Me ofcourse
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#602 - 2012-12-03 00:33:35 UTC
Hathrul wrote:
Skaara wrote:

4 Please fix probe, it is still too hard to use, on average, it takes a normal player at least 5-10min to find a ship at 'safe spot', what does red bubble mean? what does red circle mean? when you finnally scan down a ship at 40% accuracy, and you shorten the scan range, only to find it's gone, even tho the target didnt move a bit, scanner tricked ya, it is worse than quantum physic

im sorry but no. it takes a normal player that time, so get people that are good at it and willing to take the time getting the skills. good combat probers can do it in 1 or 2 tries and it shouldnt take more then 10-20 seconds. let some skill be invovled!

agreed, if ccp is going to try to "fix" the scanning, they have to make the arrows at least 3 dimensional (instead of remaining flat when viewing them from their top)
Gamella Gaterau
Kingsparrow Wormhole Division
#603 - 2012-12-03 01:36:53 UTC
I'm new to EVE (3.5 weeks ingame including trial) and i don't know if this has been suggested before
but i'd suggest a visual 'little thing', namely, going into warp smoothly without suddenly stopping an asstonne of ship
and then warping :) that would look cool and be more realistic (i think).
Zeke Estemaire
Kult of Speed
#604 - 2012-12-03 02:59:47 UTC
in the dscan, add something to convert quickly kilometer in AU.
Maybe a slider for increase/decrease range and/or a switch button km/AU
And also keep the input entry for very precise scan.

Calculator and notepad open is good, but when you want to dscan something quickly, it's not very ergonomic.
Angang Ostus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#605 - 2012-12-03 03:37:56 UTC
The keyboard controls for scanning are not listed under "Shortcuts" on the Escape menu, which is where a new player expects that information to be. Myself, I discovered ctrl-shift and alt-shift after watching a youtube tutorial and trying to figure out how he worked that magic. I suggest there be a seperate tab dedicated to scanning in the keyboard shortcuts menu. Also the info on how to use the above key combos should be explicitly given in the tutorial...but maybe that's been added already by now?
Wongdai
Perkone
Caldari State
#606 - 2012-12-03 04:31:00 UTC
It would be really great, and it would make logical sense, that if you can sell your stuff remotely, you should also be able to "Stack" it and also to "Repackage" it remotely also.
Tasage Tivuri
Doomheim
#607 - 2012-12-03 05:09:17 UTC
A feature that remembers where you've last zoomed in or out on each ship, so you don't have to manually zoom in or out everytime you log back into the game. It's an idea similar to how the game remembers the keep at/orbit ranges you've set for each ship.
Marcus Harikari
#608 - 2012-12-03 05:45:24 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Launch drones hot key.

it already exists?

edit: lol oh wait no it doesn't
Ttochpej
Orbital Horizons University
#609 - 2012-12-03 08:13:31 UTC
I would like to be able to overload my mining lazers...

And being able to tractor beam/tow other ships could be fun
(people fall asleep in mining op, wake up in null sec)
AirellX
Eden's Knights of Malta
#610 - 2012-12-03 08:54:20 UTC
Make some of the Windows more uniform. i.e. Station Information has a Set Destination button, Character (agent) Information has not, but both Destinations and Waypoint can be set from the action menu top left from the Window. Little things like that.
Hostile Ralph
DOES NOT APPROVE
#611 - 2012-12-03 09:01:34 UTC
Make overview icon colors editable
Max Someone
Moonspud Tech
#612 - 2012-12-03 09:08:41 UTC
As a casual player these days living of the beaten path, i would love a shopping list feature for when i decide to make a trip back to civilization
IE-
if i'm browsing certificates and see a skill i need to buy - right click & add to shopping list
or if i grab the last can of quafe of of the hanger - right click & add to shopping list
Angang Ostus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#613 - 2012-12-03 09:22:15 UTC
The option to toggle Amarr station chanting off/on would be great because, though it does sound nice, it conflicts with any music one is playing, including the game music.
stoxxine
OLVI industries
#614 - 2012-12-03 10:28:39 UTC
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the implementation would require a whole expansion. Sell all only works on NPCs in MMOs. The reason for that, is because when selling to NPCs in other MMOs, (as opposed to auctioning), all the amounts are static. All it needs to do is pick quantity times amount for each item and tally it up.

I'm confident Eve market servers can do atomic transactions like any decent database. It might still be tricky locking-wise and increase load, but still - very useful.

Disclaimer: The above was probably written drunk or by a friend on my pc or a hacker. No warranty for any misinformation provided.

stoxxine
OLVI industries
#615 - 2012-12-03 10:31:27 UTC
I'm repeating myself but industry UI really could use some love.. small things:

1. make manufactury/etc jobs autopic next free slot from the same location as last time (if its possible and available)
2. invention dialog uses "asset" cache (5 minute lag) to render the available decryptors dropdown. If it used inventory system (no lag) that would be nice.
3. starting multiple jobs at once.. no thats not a small thing.

Disclaimer: The above was probably written drunk or by a friend on my pc or a hacker. No warranty for any misinformation provided.

AirellX
Eden's Knights of Malta
#616 - 2012-12-03 10:32:02 UTC
Hostile Ralph wrote:
Make overview icon colors editable

Right click the tag/background/state icon/line and you can choose from colours.
AirellX
Eden's Knights of Malta
#617 - 2012-12-03 10:33:02 UTC  |  Edited by: AirellX
Filter on 'Pilot has a security status _above_ 0'.

Edit: Sometimes I'm only interested in bad pilots (who could be danger), don't show me the good ones.
Now one can turn of only the bad pilots (below 0 or -5) and show only the good ones.
Mindnut
Rockbiter Industries
#618 - 2012-12-03 11:08:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Mindnut
Hi all,
there are 3 things that would make my day...

1. Auto packaging and stacking stuff when dropped into the station container. When the mod is damaged the game could open the repair window (click repair here) then continue with the process of packaging and stacking stuff. It would also be nice if these options would find a way into the station container configuration window.

2. More advanced window for splitting stacks. I posted this idea earlier in another thread...

3. Local channel filters... so that one could filter out friendlies, hostile, neutrals, war targets and such.

Fly safe,
Mind

Today - The Power of Two Tomorrow - 2 Hulks and an Orca

Savage Breed
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#619 - 2012-12-03 11:18:34 UTC
More visible selected target indicator.

Say i want to align to a planet or try and find out which to the 30 ships is the scraming my own ship. I don't have any spare locked targets and i can't approach. I just need to find/see the item so i can start to make informed decisions concerning it.

Currently, I'll select him on my overview and then I have to find that very small white square that is exactly the same color as all the other white icons clustered around the edge of my screen. I figure doing this in a combat situation contributes about 10-20% of my workload.

I want to ask for a bright red flashing circle over this item, but I know there are certain aesthetic requirements that the dev's have to follow .. just please make it easier to visually find selected items.

Thanks
Nicen Jehr
Subsidy H.R.S.
Xagenic Freymvork
#620 - 2012-12-03 15:25:26 UTC
A while back you added some useful search keys, like station:poinen, blueprint:copy, to the asset search box. Aside from bug 147169 i like it.

When you start typing these advanced query keys, it autosuggests first the key, then the possible values (if any) for that key.

There are three ways to insert these suggestions into your query: click the suggestion; highlight with arrow keys and press enter; or type it out by hand.

Please allow us to use and tab and/or right arrow key to place the highlighted key into our search query. Right now it works if you use

If you wanted it to be really slick... for those keys that have a set of possible values (blueprint: [copy/original]; security:[low/high/null/empire/zero]), when you press tab/right arrow on the highlighted key, it expands into a secondary menu where you choose from the allowed values.

You could tab complete the autosuggested contacts when addressing an evemail, too!

Thanks
NJ