These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: Ship-troduction: The Minmatar Tornado

First post First post
Author
Mikhail Illiad
Fevered Imaginings
#201 - 2011-10-21 16:50:36 UTC
WIN! Big smile

There once was an interesting signature here... It has long since disapeared. 

Cailais
The Red Pill Taker Group
#202 - 2011-10-21 16:50:39 UTC
Confirming I want one.

Nao.

C.
Dennie Fleetfoot
DUST University
#203 - 2011-10-21 16:52:57 UTC
Raid'En wrote:
David Grogan wrote:
Tippia wrote:
So, in other words, they will be actual battlecruisers, unlike the old ones. Nice!

…on the other hand, this means I now have to train BS-sized weapons even though I'm a sub-BS pilot. Damn you! Twisted
Alara IonStorm wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Something vertical
It's new nickname is the Verticane.

Make it happen.
Nah. It's still a minmatardon. Or myrmatar.

you could fit a 100nm ab II and just use 1 less large gun for an insanely fast bc?.... a tengu on steroids

remember how sleath bombers bonus works ? they got bonus to fit ONLY the good missile launcher type.

so tornado and his pairs will have bonus ONLY to fit large guns, not big powergrid.

My thinking too. The only way this will work is if the new BC's have a fitting bonus for BS's weapons. Increasing the cap and CPU abilities of them is just asking for trouble.

CEO Dust University

CPM 1&2 Member

www.twitter.com/DennieFleetfoot

Cunane Jeran
#204 - 2011-10-21 16:53:06 UTC
Oh please let the Gallente one be a Blaster BEAST. I will give you an organ OF CHOICE if it helps.
Thaif
Syndikos Consortium
#205 - 2011-10-21 16:55:10 UTC
Alright.

Now to see what kind of an asymmetric monster the Caldari BC is.

If it's another missile spammer then...sigh.

If it's a mixed platform like the Merlin then *yay*.

More ships, more fun.

Still waiting for that Hybrid Weapons Balancing blog post. I suppose it's worth it to wait for good things.

It requires more than a day's devotion to know and to possess the wealth of a day.

Tres Farmer
Gallente Federation Intelligence Service
#206 - 2011-10-21 16:59:24 UTC
David Grogan wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:
To My Hurricane:
Sorry, I've found something else.
Something vertical

hehe RIP welpcane HELLOOOOOOOOOOO welpnado

also it keeps in tune with wind based storms for the minmatar battlecruisers

cyclone, hurricane, tornado, if ever a tier 4 one comes out what is left to name it with? Gale?

Taifun Cool
Danny Centauri
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#207 - 2011-10-21 17:00:20 UTC
Would be nice to see these ships being super agile too, so really low tank big guns and able to get the hell out of there if needs be. This way the ship can have 2 roles:
1) Glass Cannon - Epic gank ship with preferably 30k EHP tank max, also the pirates ship of choice and supercap blobbers ship of choice. It goes nicely with the capital changes this way too.
2) Sniper BC - Nice long range sniper ship that is able to get off grid easier than the sniper BS of old.

This would make for a nice niche ship I look forward to seeing the stats. The only one that will dissapoint me is the Gallente one as I prefer drones 100 times over turrets.... high slots are for remote reps ;).

EVE Manufacturing Guide - Simple guides to manufacturing in EVE for both beginners and more experienced players.

Yazzinra
Scorpion Ventures
#208 - 2011-10-21 17:00:57 UTC
im assuming theyll still be able to fit ganglinks?

you've said the gallente boat is beautiful, but is it functional?

i loves my myrmidon. Any clue if this will be an upgrade, or a sidegrade?

i can haz pictur plz?
DJ Xaphod
Eve Radio Corporation
#209 - 2011-10-21 17:03:09 UTC
I want more EVE physical models. Possibly as airfix style glue together yourself kind of things.

am I the only one?

≡>≡ Radio, Bringing Music to the Masses. http://eve-radio.com I play Rock & Metal Monday Nights 2200 GameTime

GRIEV3R
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#210 - 2011-10-21 17:05:35 UTC
this is awesome!

can't wait to see the gallente one!
Rei Nakasone
Doomheim
#211 - 2011-10-21 17:05:36 UTC
Come on guys, show the new Caldari BC some love :D
Hoping for a fast mid range torp boat that is capable of taking on a BS in small gangs and capable of some loooong rage cruise bombardment.
Adunh Slavy
#212 - 2011-10-21 17:05:48 UTC
ovenproofjet wrote:

Don't get too excited, my bet is they'll only be able to use the lowest tier of Battleship weapons (without ******** fits). Which is a smart move by CCP imo cos they are some of the least used guns atm.

And we have no idea how many weapon slots there will be either. Even with 8 highs, it could be such that only four L weapons will fit.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Spyker Slater
Bliksem Bende
#213 - 2011-10-21 17:10:43 UTC
Just imagine how nice it would look with some new stars in the background ....Question
David Xavier
The Capsuleers of Unconscious Thought
#214 - 2011-10-21 17:12:40 UTC
BeanBagKing wrote:
I can't wait to get the gallente one so I can fit a caldari shield tank on it and some large minmatar guns =D

I fear this will be the case... but hey let's be optimistic, I am sure it will be a killer with ACs. :)

I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy it !

Rei Nakasone
Doomheim
#215 - 2011-10-21 17:14:47 UTC
David Xavier wrote:
BeanBagKing wrote:
I can't wait to get the gallente one so I can fit a caldari shield tank on it and some large minmatar guns =D

I fear this will be the case... but hey let's be optimistic, I am sure it will be a killer with ACs. :)

I hope they give it bonuses to hybrids, new uber brutix anyone?
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#216 - 2011-10-21 17:15:18 UTC
Dang...just realized the ships are going to be "TIER" 3 not "TECH" 3...oh well...I guess it makes sense to do Tier 3 before going Tech 3.

Technically Tier's are a made up naming convention by the players. I don't think I have seen anywhere on a ship that states what tier it is. We just put the ship into a tier category based on it's states compared to other ships of its class.

Still...I see a new favored ship to my Drake in the future...so glad I have BC5...oooh...I can do Amarr as well...maybe I will train up for that Tornado after all...

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Bratwurst0r
DARK ORCHESTRA
#217 - 2011-10-21 17:15:24 UTC
This will be interesting, potentially nerf every other ship into the ground. Let the games begin (till summer emergency-nerf).
The Offerer
Doomheim
#218 - 2011-10-21 17:16:32 UTC
I support this product and/or service.

Good job, CCP.Cool
Jaenen
Recettear Acquisitions LTD
#219 - 2011-10-21 17:18:12 UTC
Oooh, this looks awesome. Pocket battleship designed to speedtank? Be interesting to see how you pull it off, CCP. As for getting one for each race... I don't know about the rest of you, but I really hope the Amarr one is a Khanid design, spamming out torps and/or cruises. That would neatly get around the cap issue of Tachyons/Megabeams/Megapulse, and leave them open to make the Caldari one a railboat.

Can't wait to see the other three, and the hybrid rebalance.
GRIEV3R
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#220 - 2011-10-21 17:19:10 UTC
My $0.02 predictions:

(assuming equal numbers and no logi)

New BCs vs Battleships:
Battleships win because they have the tank. The new BCs will get shredded by BS guns just like regular BCs because of their sig radius.

New BCs vs HACs
HACs win based on speed.

New BCs vs Tech 3's
Tech 3's **** face, no contest at all.

New BCs vs AF's
AFs win like a pack of piranhas

(not assuming equal numbers)
New BCs vs Supercarriers:
New BCs win easily.

New BCs vs regular carriers:
Fighters will rip New BCs to shreds, but New BCs will do huge damage to carriers. If spider tank, carriers win. If no spider tank, New BCs win (barely).

New BCs vs titans:
With sufficient numbers, new BCs win. Otherwise, the fight takes to long and reinforcements show up.

tl;dr
i think the New BCs will work best against supercarriers. Mixed in with other subcaps, idk. It's complicated.