These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

FW: I-hub and system upgrades

First post First post
Author
Rengerel en Distel
#621 - 2012-11-21 00:16:48 UTC
It seems the npc wave changes are on buckingham now. I was just in a crapfit rifter with an alt, but seemed rookie plexes only had 1 wave of 1 npc. Tried a small, and it had a 2nd wave before the first wave died, but the alt couldn't actually kill any of them, so had to get out. I think a pvp ship fit correctly with a skilled pilot won't have any issues downing the npc before new waves spawn.

If people want to try them out, it would be good to get some feedback on the number of waves etc.

The plex info still says minor, major, etc. but I believe the restrictions are correct.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Mike deVoid
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#622 - 2012-11-25 00:52:59 UTC
I just tried out iHub upgrading on Buckingham just now. The maintainance tax being applied is very clear, but it means it is not straighforward for enter the required LP in order to upgrade the system.

I.E. System is already at level II and a further 20,000 LP isrequired to reach level III. If the mainenaince rate is 28% how can I enter (in a straighforward manner) the required LP to get to level 3 without having to enter it several times in an un-precise manner.

Please can you take a look at this?
Rengerel en Distel
#623 - 2012-11-25 14:46:39 UTC
Mike deVoid wrote:
I just tried out iHub upgrading on Buckingham just now. The maintainance tax being applied is very clear, but it means it is not straighforward for enter the required LP in order to upgrade the system.

I.E. System is already at level II and a further 20,000 LP isrequired to reach level III. If the mainenaince rate is 28% how can I enter (in a straighforward manner) the required LP to get to level 3 without having to enter it several times in an un-precise manner.

Amount needed * 128% = adjusted lp needed. There's even a calculator in game if you need it.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Mike deVoid
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#624 - 2012-11-26 23:44:08 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Mike deVoid wrote:

Amount needed * 128% = adjusted lp needed. There's even a calculator in game if you need it.

That is incorrect. You can see this if you use an example of 50%. Your method would lead you to enter 150% or 30,000LP. Clearly you can see that a 50% reduction of that amount would lead to only 15,000LP being deposited, and not 20,000LP as intended.

Actually, to account for a 28% reduction you need to enter 1 / (1 - 28%) = 1 / 0.72 = 1.3888. Which is a 38% increase. Or 27,777 LP. I can do the math, it's just it shouldn't be necessary.
Mike deVoid
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#625 - 2012-11-26 23:47:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Mike deVoid
Oh, I updated Buckingham and tried them all out on Sunday. Is it intentional that there was only 1 NPC in each site (apart from 2 in the rookie site)? Also, there were no respawns of the NPCs. And I was able to complete all 4 sizes of site with a t1 frigate: a tristan with hobgoblin IIs, 1 web, 1mn AB, 2x neutron blasters. 156 dps seems a little low ball tbh (since that was all that I had and all that was required).
Alticus C Bear
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#626 - 2012-11-27 21:34:38 UTC
I notice the infrastructure hub has the existing upgrades still, are the changes outlined in the update going live with retribution?
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#627 - 2012-12-04 10:41:50 UTC
Unsticking, let's make some space for future threads.
Vyktor Abyss
Abyss Research
#628 - 2012-12-10 12:58:38 UTC
Not good enough CCP.

We are still waiting for some decent system upgrades to fight over.

You don't unsticky a thread without any update on its content hoping the subject will simply be forgotten and disappear - didn't the dead horse POS thread teach you that?

Devon Krah'tor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#629 - 2013-01-08 19:25:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Devon Krah'tor
My 0.02 ISK.
Just to clarify giving LP boost to winning faction = increased farmer alts/scrubs who jump to Winning side.
therefore:
giving LP boost to Losing faction = (you guessed it) increased farmer alts/scrubs who jump to Losing side

LP inentives based off winning/losing (ie occupancy) is fail.

Now that that's out of the way.

Give me something I can take over and control. Something that makes me money. Something I want to defend because its useful.
LP payouts are not sufficient incentives to maintain equilibrium in warfare they just lead to a mercenary mindset. Make it more like a military, and less like Walmart please.

LP for objectives (ie attack/defend this specific system/site work better than)
LP for doing absolutely anything anywhere that is valid regardless of risk or effort (ie farmers find a safe spot and farm)

Edit: whoops typo which made what I said not make anysense lol.
Greater.Insight.Skill.Knowledge