These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fleet hangars and changes to various settings

First post First post
Author
m0jo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#201 - 2012-11-01 20:32:07 UTC
Tippia wrote:
m0jo wrote:
Scans yes robberies no. Just because you cannot scan contents of certain ships does not mean you cannot kill them. In high sec that is.
Highsec is not a factor.

And no, both were quite broken. Being able to appear as if you're carrying nothing when you're full of stuff rather removes the point of having cargo scans. Even wrapping your valuables showed up as you carrying something. And stuff not dropping was just wrong in every way — if you bring it out of the station is should be lootable.

I agree you should be able to loot from any ship. However there are always counters to almost everything in the game. Orca was the counter to cargo scanning. So no being able to appear as if you're carrying nothing when you're full of stuff does not remove the point of having cargo scans. It is a counter the only one for this type of play(Highsec ganking). And highsec is a factor, it's the only factor with the discussion you and I are having. If we were referring to lowsec or nullsec we wouldnt be arguing over whether or not the cargo should be scanned because you could just kill the ship.

Look my point is this, Highsec ganking is way too easy. It is however also a gamble of sorts aswell because you dont know what loot will drop from ships. But there are not enough penalties with highsec ganking. Losing your ship and just a little security status with a 15 minute timer is not nearly enough considering the gain.

Oh btw I highsec gank for fun sometimes so I know what I am talking about.
Rain Kaessinde
Liminal Cloudwatch
#202 - 2012-11-01 20:35:41 UTC
Are you changing POS SMAs to allow storage of ships carrying containers?

Are you providing some way for containers to be repackaged outside of a station?

Bonus Round: Are containers inside your own ship still "not within your reach" for renaming?

The stars might lie, but the numbers never do.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#203 - 2012-11-01 20:49:58 UTC
m0jo wrote:
I agree you should be able to loot from any ship. However there are always counters to almost everything in the game. Orca was the counter to cargo scanning.
It wasn't so much a counter as an obsolete…r… ehm yeah. P
Double-wrapping would be a good counter. Some kind of scan-jammer would be a good counter. Making a module meaningless is not a good counter.

Quote:
And highsec is a factor, it's the only factor with the discussion you and I are having.
No, it's not a factor. The exact same mechanics hold true for all space, and it's broken regardless where it happens.

Quote:
Look my point is this, Highsec ganking is way too easy.
Nah. If it were, we'd see a lot more of it and it would be difficult to avoid. As it is, it's a ridiculously rare and easily avoidable event.
R0ot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#204 - 2012-11-01 21:10:44 UTC
Will this affect NPC Custom ships scanning?
Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
Templis CALSF
#205 - 2012-11-01 22:11:17 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
m0jo wrote:
#50 Posted: 2012.10.20 01:16 | Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Scanning: Items in the fleet hangar can not be scanned by cargo scanners - this has not changed. Customs officials on the other hand will find items in the fleet hangar - this has also not changed compared with the corp hangar on TQ.

#136 Posted: 2012.11.01 13:04 | Edited by: CCP Greyscale
Fleet hangars will now behave like normal cargo hold when it comes to ship scanners and loot drops (ie, will be scannable, and loot will drop from them)

So what happened here? Who had the brain fart? Also why not work on functions in the game that are broken, like say high sec ganking? High sec ganking is completely broken with no penalties at all considering what the gain is.

The design changed, mostly based on the feedback in this thread. I have to agree, that it makes much more sense to be able to scan stuff in the fleet hangars and that this stuff drops as loot.

I agree, this is a logical change. It's not really a nerf or buff to suicide ganking, just expanding the potential range of targets. If anything, this might take some pressure off the freighter and hauler guys since they're not the only game in town anymore.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Aprudena Gist
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#206 - 2012-11-01 22:25:27 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
m0jo wrote:
#50 Posted: 2012.10.20 01:16 | Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Scanning: Items in the fleet hangar can not be scanned by cargo scanners - this has not changed. Customs officials on the other hand will find items in the fleet hangar - this has also not changed compared with the corp hangar on TQ.

#136 Posted: 2012.11.01 13:04 | Edited by: CCP Greyscale
Fleet hangars will now behave like normal cargo hold when it comes to ship scanners and loot drops (ie, will be scannable, and loot will drop from them)

So what happened here? Who had the brain fart? Also why not work on functions in the game that are broken, like say high sec ganking? High sec ganking is completely broken with no penalties at all considering what the gain is.

The design changed, mostly based on the feedback in this thread. I have to agree, that it makes much more sense to be able to scan stuff in the fleet hangars and that this stuff drops as loot.

So what about the other 3 types of hangers then?
Alice Katsuko
Perkone
Caldari State
#207 - 2012-11-01 23:05:47 UTC
Would it be possible to allow a capital ship pilot to create subdivisions in his ship's SMA and CMA, and set access to those? For example, to create a 'fleet' division and a 'personal' division; the 'fleet' division would allow access to fleet members; the 'personal' division would not. This system would not be based on corp roles, but solely on the choices of the ship's pilot. Not really necessary for CMAs (the new fleet hangars) since items for not for public consumption will simply be placed into containers, but would be nice for the SMAs.

The purpose is to allow capital ship pilots to control access to SMA assets with greater granularity. A carrier pilot may want to put a bunch of interdictors into the public section of his SMA, but not his pimp loki, to borrow an example.
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#208 - 2012-11-01 23:25:47 UTC
Hi everyone,

Just FYI I've been out all evening and I'm not in the office tomorrow, so there may be a couple of days' delay before I get back to this thread. Panic ye not in the meantime, I'll get to it :)

-Greyscale
Crys Talize
Perkone
Caldari State
#209 - 2012-11-01 23:49:56 UTC
A really nice change to make hauling an even bigger pita. thumbs up!
The Mach
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#210 - 2012-11-02 00:35:33 UTC
I'm gonna start suicide ganking now :)

CCP just made it a target rich environment and there nothing the carebears can do, wait for the tears!!!! the tears i say!!! Pirate
The Mach
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#211 - 2012-11-02 00:44:32 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:

I agree, this is a logical change. It's not really a nerf or buff to suicide ganking, just expanding the potential range of targets. If anything, this might take some pressure off the freighter and hauler guys since they're not the only game in town anymore.

Do you even read what you write btw? I mean I love this change but what you said was not well thought out, freighters wont see any pressure taken off them, only orcas will see more pressure on them now. Too bad for the helpless carebears!! I love eve haha
El'essar Viocragh
Meltdown Luftfahrttechnik
#212 - 2012-11-02 01:03:58 UTC
Now add a new restricted module (and the appropriate slot) for haulers, freighters etc that absorbs spike damage and spreads it over time, for example converting a 9k dmg volley into 30 hits for 300 dmg every 1 second. Immobilizing the ship while there is still damage application "outstanding".

This would actually make it possible to actively guard a freight convoy for organized player groups, by disabling sniping of the freighters, forcing actual fights. It could also be offered as a service by enterprising minds. Maybe even stop/dampen the outward shift of logistics to alt corporations during wardecs.

And best of all, the usual prey for suicide gankers will not use something like this, so no need for tears from them.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#213 - 2012-11-02 01:25:21 UTC
Quote:
Divisions are gone, as is any other reliance on corp roles

please no...
security = good, not bad...

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Maggeridon Thoraz
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#214 - 2012-11-02 01:49:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Maggeridon Thoraz
BlitZ Kotare wrote:

Quote:

It is always possible to use the fitting service of the SMB of a corp member and a fleet member

Love this!!

wait till you find out you cannot swap mods anymore due to beeing agressed. hope that will not come...
Iam Widdershins
Project Nemesis
#215 - 2012-11-02 03:48:45 UTC
CCP:

Since you have confirmed that there will be scannability and drops from corp hangars, is there any thought on introducing the same mechanic for ship maintenance arrays?

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Sinzor Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#216 - 2012-11-02 03:55:31 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Quote:
Divisions are gone, as is any other reliance on corp roles

please no...
security = good, not bad...

Use your personal cargo bay ftw!
ShiftyMcFly's Second Cousin
Doomheim
#217 - 2012-11-02 04:12:48 UTC  |  Edited by: ShiftyMcFly's Second Cousin
It's amazing how low risk, and common suicide ganking has become over the years.

All I can say about these changes; is lol @ the Devs. Yes, at. Big smile
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#218 - 2012-11-02 04:21:38 UTC  |  Edited by: rodyas
Maybe they felt this was safe to do, due to the incoming bounty system.

As in more people are gonna be able to gank orca for phat lootz, but people can place a bounty on them, or the fact if you steal from that container the whole system can shoot you for it.

So in a theoretical way it is fair for this to happen, but I wonder how it will play out.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Arcosian
Arcosian Heavy Industries Corp Holding
#219 - 2012-11-02 04:34:03 UTC
rodyas wrote:
Maybe they felt this was safe to do, due to the incoming bounty system.

As in more people are gonna be able to gank orca for phat lootz, but people can place a bounty on them, or the fact if you steal from that container the whole system can shoot you for it.

So in a theoretical way it is fair for this to happen, but I wonder how it will play out.

I don't think that will matter. With the new agro system it won't stop gankers from popping the ships then abandoning the wreck and scooping the loot with a neutral alt(s). It's what they already do now and anyone would be stupid to put a bounty on a "throwaway" suicide ganker.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#220 - 2012-11-02 04:58:46 UTC  |  Edited by: rodyas
^ But I mean its easy to pop the alt that scoops that wreck with the new crimewatch.

I suppose if someone is fast enough, its easy to get the cargo then escape easily.

So you can gank more targets, but people can easily gank the gankers, if they aren't fast enough.

Or does the wreck from a player's ship belong to the ganker?

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne