These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Winter] New destroyers

First post
Author
Martin0
Dorky Unicorns
#721 - 2012-10-11 14:17:47 UTC
Mordecai Heller wrote:
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
Mordecai Heller wrote:

More than the missile boats get.

There is a reason that the only missile boat most people tolerate for PVP is the drake, and that's because of the tank.

Though this assertion is wrong...

And if you don't know why, then you don't know what you are talking about.

That sentence doesn't even make sense.

But I'll humour you.

I made 2 points, one that there are more ships that use 8 turret hardpoints than use 8 launcher points.

This is a fact since there is only one ship that has 8 launcher points.

Second point is that the most popular missile boat in PVP is the Drake, and that people more often than not want it for its tanking abilities rathar than for missiles damage seeing as it is often treated as a bait ship. This is also well known.

So how the **** am I wrong?

Because the prophecy, ferox and other ships can get the same tank of the drake but noone use them? If people only wanted tank we would see a lot of flying golden pidgeons.
CheekyBabey
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#722 - 2012-10-11 15:58:38 UTC  |  Edited by: CheekyBabey
erg stupid forums -.- deleted my text.

Launchers are better 1 on 1 against turrets so that is why.

If you want to have missiles nerfed go make another thread about it.

Also the 7 highs layout is far more optimal as you have a utility high slot which is far more useful than 8 launchers and means that caldari aren't overpowered in terms of DPS.
Zyella Stormborn
Green Seekers
#723 - 2012-10-11 17:16:21 UTC
Mordecai Heller wrote:
Doddy wrote:
Serge Slade wrote:
What bothers me the most is that CCP is onboard with having 8 instant hitting turrets on as many hulls as possible, and yet acts as if 8 launcher hardpoints would be the equivalent of killing babies for sport. Nerf the bonus if you must, but keep the 8th launcher.

As many hulls as possible? there are tier 3 bs, tier 3 bcs a couple of faction bs, the coercer the catalyst and the apoc.

There is a reason that the only missile boat most people tolerate for PVP is the drake, and that's because of the tank.

The reason he is saying you are wrong, is because in this case you are.

Drake is not the most popular in 1v1, or in tiny little gangs. It gets more and more popular as the gang / gank size increases. The reason is because it is decent all around and fairly cheap to train / fly. Good tank, Decent damage, GREAT projection, not expensive, cheap train. Its a package deal.

If it was purely because of the tank, I think 'most' people would chose the Prophecy for BC class.

If it was purely because of the gank, and training time, and projection range, was not a factor, 'most' people would probably go for the Harbinger for BC class.

The only missile boat that is tolerated in pvp is the drake?? Shocked

The Vengeance, Hawk, Sacrilege, Cerberus, Caracal, Damnation, Ham Legion, and Tengu would all like to have a word with you.

Now lets go back to destroyer discussion please. Big smile

~Z

There is a special Hell for people like that, Right next to child molestors, and people that talk in the theater. ~Firefly

Mordecai Heller
Offstation Fund Administration
#724 - 2012-10-11 17:55:31 UTC
Zyella Stormborn wrote:
Mordecai Heller wrote:
Doddy wrote:
Serge Slade wrote:
What bothers me the most is that CCP is onboard with having 8 instant hitting turrets on as many hulls as possible, and yet acts as if 8 launcher hardpoints would be the equivalent of killing babies for sport. Nerf the bonus if you must, but keep the 8th launcher.

As many hulls as possible? there are tier 3 bs, tier 3 bcs a couple of faction bs, the coercer the catalyst and the apoc.

The reason he is saying you are wrong, is because in this case you are.

Drake is not the most popular in 1v1, or in tiny little gangs. It gets more and more popular as the gang / gank size increases. The reason is because it is decent all around and fairly cheap to train / fly. Good tank, Decent damage, GREAT projection, not expensive, cheap train. Its a package deal.

If it was purely because of the tank, I think 'most' people would chose the Prophecy for BC class.

If it was purely because of the gank, and training time, and projection range, was not a factor, 'most' people would probably go for the Harbinger for BC class.

The only missile boat that is tolerated in pvp is the drake?? Shocked

The Vengeance, Hawk, Sacrilege, Cerberus, Caracal, Damnation, Ham Legion, and Tengu would all like to have a word with you.

~Z

Ok ok I concede, back to dessies.
Goldensaver
Maraque Enterprises
Just let it happen
#725 - 2012-10-11 21:41:42 UTC
Zyella Stormborn wrote:

The Vengeance, Hawk, Sacrilege, Cerberus, Caracal, Damnation, Ham Legion, Hookbill, Condor, and Tengu would all like to have a word with you.

~Z

FTFY

And yeah, back to dessies.
Burseg Sardaukar
Free State Project
#726 - 2012-10-12 02:37:51 UTC
Idea to switch up the roles of the two drone boats for more uniqueness:

Amarr:
Change drone damage bonus to 5% Armor Resist per level
Change Role bonus to 25% drone HP ONLY

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

Toxic Gengod
Doomheim
#727 - 2012-10-12 04:45:47 UTC
new ships are meh. Ide rather them be similar to the new BCs. Glass cannons specializing taking out cruisers and BCs with Med guns.
Loius Woo
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#728 - 2012-10-12 04:56:21 UTC
I just want to see what they look like at this point...

CCP, please release some juicy pics
Zyella Stormborn
Green Seekers
#729 - 2012-10-12 05:28:05 UTC
Goldensaver wrote:
Zyella Stormborn wrote:

The Vengeance, Hawk, Sacrilege, Cerberus, Caracal, Damnation, Ham Legion, Hookbill, Condor, and Tengu would all like to have a word with you.

~Z

FTFY

And yeah, back to dessies.

Thanks for the correction. ;)

And I STILL hope they remove the wanna-be Curse clone from the Amarr dessie. Or give it anti frigate abilities, like maybe +drone speed and tracking, Web bonus instead of Neut, etc. I absolutely love the other 3, but currently this one is just breaking my heart. Sad I see frigs killing the drones almost as fast as it can spit them out.

~Z

There is a special Hell for people like that, Right next to child molestors, and people that talk in the theater. ~Firefly

ColdCutz
Frigonometry
#730 - 2012-10-12 06:15:29 UTC  |  Edited by: ColdCutz
CCP Ytterbium, thanks for responding to feedback with new adjustments, but please consider rounding the Gallente destroyer bandwidth up to 40mb/s. It's only 6 more dps (190 compared to 184 with 2 hams + 3 hobs) and it would keep the drone sizes consistent like every other ship in EVE. The mwd bonus will take care of the Hammerhead speeds at least.
Bender 01000010
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#731 - 2012-10-12 09:10:52 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
how is 35m3 helpful? mediums against frigs are a waste of time they wont track them why odd numbers doesn't make sense just improve the drone hp/dmg bonus instead do it across the board would be useful

Answer for your problem
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#732 - 2012-10-12 10:00:10 UTC
Bender 01000010 wrote:
Harvey James wrote:
how is 35m3 helpful? mediums against frigs are a waste of time they wont track them why odd numbers doesn't make sense just improve the drone hp/dmg bonus instead do it across the board would be useful

Answer for your problem

Lol awesome pic but if only they were high slots that might help but sadly mid slots are too valuable for such things

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

shadowace00007
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#733 - 2012-10-12 12:07:29 UTC
Is there Calibration points assigned yet for the rigs? (Yes I will be that guy, I am a number cruncher)

Born Amarrian Raised Minmatar.

Musaab Osman
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#734 - 2012-10-15 16:32:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Musaab Osman
Wow! I love the new Amarr destroyer...it fills me with a feeling a familiarity. I'm glad you didn't try to make anything different.

They'll beat someone to death, and if you videotape it, they'll beat you to death.

Eve Mione
Eve Industry Unlimited
#735 - 2012-10-15 17:40:36 UTC
Toxic Gengod wrote:
new ships are meh. Ide rather them be similar to the new BCs. Glass cannons specializing taking out cruisers and BCs with Med guns.

I think this "tier 2/class" is more or less tank/survival mirroring that of the tier 2 BC's. Glass canon destroyers should be reserved for the third set of hulls for destroyers, seeing that dessies still have the least number of tech 1 military empire hulls for sub cap ships and deserve another.
Ark Anhammar
GO' R0V
Pandemic Horde
#736 - 2012-10-15 18:03:41 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Time has come to spam this forum section with another sticky - this time on the new destroyers coming out for winter.

Ytterbium, you think there's any way we can see what these new destroyers will be called?? :)
Opertone
State War Academy
Caldari State
#737 - 2012-10-15 18:04:54 UTC
I know that destroyer need mobility and extra resitances.

Destroyers could be used as ANTI interceptor, ANTI POD, ANTI drone... But they die real hard to anything large.

Why not boost destroyers survivability, more resistances, more evasive maneuvers. Somehow cruisers outperform every destroyer.

Frigates and destroyers - outclassed by drones and big ships.

This post sums up why the 'best' work with DCM inc.

WARP DRIVE makes eve boring

really - add warping align time 300% on gun aggression and eve becomes great again

kais58
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#738 - 2012-10-16 02:29:49 UTC
you lied to me stoffer... :(
Johnny Bloomington
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#739 - 2012-10-16 17:25:56 UTC
So I take it that we're stuck with that toilet brush of a ship you call the new minny destroy?

http://cdn.tmcdn.org/sites/default/files/styles/front_page_thumb/public/media-youtube/-M6n-YhIvno.jpg

CCP wish list: show damage on ships and open that door!

Qaidan Alenko
Eezo-Lution Inc.
#740 - 2012-10-16 17:34:10 UTC
Johnny Bloomington wrote:
So I take it that we're stuck with that toilet brush of a ship you call the new minny destroy?

http://cdn.tmcdn.org/sites/default/files/styles/front_page_thumb/public/media-youtube/-M6n-YhIvno.jpg

Reminds me of a Civil War ironclad...
Go ahead... Get your Wham on!!!