These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Some dumb miners just don't learn

Author
Hiro Ceffoe
State War Academy
Caldari State
#321 - 2012-10-03 16:30:17 UTC
I feel I have a guardian angel... and he tastes delicious :p
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#322 - 2012-10-03 16:36:38 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:

Your guardian angel just quadraposted, you might want to get that fixed.
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#323 - 2012-10-03 18:58:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Chicken Pizza
Astroniomix wrote:
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:

Stop making up words.

(It's not edgy anymore)

E: I forgot to mention, a "quadrapost", as used by typical forum-goers with no real vocabulary like yourself, refers to 4 identical posts made in rapid succession due to spamming the "post" button. You new to forums, or something?
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#324 - 2012-10-03 19:11:12 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:

Because you, at the very least, have the appearance of a good person. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that the anonymity of the internet gives people a false sense of security. So much so, in fact, that they are much more likely to tell the truth when discussing themselves.

And you can often tell when they are, mainly from how they react to things other people say to them.
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#325 - 2012-10-04 03:48:53 UTC
With all due respect to the OP -- I <3 my alliance-mate and sometimes-fellow-sui-ganker (though it's been forever and a day since I've accidentally'ed a whole mining barge...CCP, can you make EVE playable at > 3-5 frame/s again?)

But...

Who the bloody Hell necro'ed this thread???!!

(No soup for that person. One month!)

Ni.

Astroniomix
Caldari State
#326 - 2012-10-04 06:30:44 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:
With all due respect to the OP -- I <3 my alliance-mate and sometimes-fellow-sui-ganker (though it's been forever and a day since I've accidentally'ed a whole mining barge...CCP, can you make EVE playable at > 3-5 frame/s again?)

But...

It never died, every time it falls off the first page some new "white knight" swoops in and revives the damn thing.
Hiro Ceffoe
State War Academy
Caldari State
#327 - 2012-10-04 10:50:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiro Ceffoe
Astroniomix wrote:
Lyrrashae wrote:

But...

It never died, every time it falls off the first page some new "white knight" swoops in and revives the damn thing.

It's been in the top 10 posts on the first page each time I have posted, It doesn't matter much it stopped being about what the OP Wrote about 10 pages ago, figured may as well just keep it going until it gets locked or nobody posts anymore, it's not like these forums are a hum-drum of important activity anyway, and my contribution didn't really warrant a new thread to be created, so I posted here.

This thread has taught me much, most recently it taught me real people do actually exist on these boards even though they may hide behind italian poulty based food products.

Astroniomix wrote:

So?, he seems to have done one response for each quote, seems normal to me, unless there is some new rule I am unaware of that states you can only post once before awaiting someone elses post.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#328 - 2012-10-05 00:22:47 UTC
what the frak have u guys been upto?

Hiro, other ppls futile rage and harmless suffering is hilarious. just scan around youtube for 15 minutes and ull find prank after prank, accident after accident and as long as we know they are really ok, then its funny.

look at tom and jerry, faulty towers, two and a half men and comedians in general. Misfortune, stupidity or pointless and pathetic rage is just plain funny. alot of ppl look at gankers as having some macho complex that forces them to feed their ego everynow and then, but this is actually a minority.

when ur not ganking for personal gain, then its usually for ***** and giggles and/or just to ruin someones day so that they rage and provide us hilariously long posts and death threats. If anything, we are all like mini-jokers (heath ledgers) cause we try to blow everything up and create chaos. Spitting in the face of those who try to make plans and control things. And everyone seems to think the joker is a f*cking legend Cool

Anwyays, this is from someone who is a miner, pvp'er and griefer, and, yes, putting the effort to make a long rambling post suggests u figured it important enough to make it that long. and u care about what is important. If this was so far beneath ur notice u wouldnt be here

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Daichi Yamato
#329 - 2012-10-05 01:00:50 UTC
as for the reactions of ppl getting ganked-

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=158388

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#330 - 2012-10-05 03:38:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
Fawlty Towers was a brilliant show. British TV is just so much better than the intellect-insulting trash we have over here.

(Yes, Minster/Prime Minister, as well. Thank God for the CBC!)

URP-SPLOSION TYME NAOW!!

Ni.

Hiro Ceffoe
State War Academy
Caldari State
#331 - 2012-10-05 11:34:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiro Ceffoe
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Hiro, other ppls futile rage and harmless suffering is hilarious. just scan around youtube for 15 minutes and ull find prank after prank, accident after accident and as long as we know they are really ok, then its funny.

look at tom and jerry, faulty towers, two and a half men and comedians in general. Misfortune, stupidity or pointless and pathetic rage is just plain funny. alot of ppl look at gankers as having some macho complex that forces them to feed their ego everynow and then, but this is actually a minority.

when ur not ganking for personal gain, then its usually for ***** and giggles and/or just to ruin someones day so that they rage and provide us hilariously long posts and death threats. If anything, we are all like mini-jokers (heath ledgers) cause we try to blow everything up and create chaos. Spitting in the face of those who try to make plans and control things. And everyone seems to think the joker is a f*cking legend Cool

Ok so people find other peoples misfortune and the innevitable Evemails and forum posts that follow to be amusing, I get that but it goes too far, look at the OP of this post, thats not finding amusement in other peoples misfortune, thats just been an insensitive and unpleasent person, the OP didn't do anything that isn't done every day 50 times or so, he killed some miners, it's not difficult, it's not special, it's just EVE. So when did finding amusement in the misfortune of others extend to a need to post religiously/racially insensitive crap on a forum, is it no longer amusing if others don't share the experience?

I don't have a problem with ganking miners if that's what you want to do, but that wasn't the reason the OP posted his exploits, his post was meant to be insulting to a major religion and equally so to the victims of this religion, it went beyond EVE in an attempt to cause actual emotional harm to other players. It was unnecessary, insensitive and simply unpleasent without need.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to play a game with people like this, but it seems I am in the minority as his post was encouraged by many others, this, confuses me. So whats the solution, does the EVE community proceed like this until nobody but people like the OP exist willing to play it? What happens to the game then?

Daichi Yamato wrote:
putting the effort to make a long rambling post suggests u figured it important enough to make it that long. and u care about what is important. If this was so far beneath ur notice u wouldnt be here

I never said I didn't care, I said I care for different reasons than you might expect, I don't care about the usual crap that goes on in these posts, most people who read my posts here think I am personally annoyed/upset or whatever, I don't care about that. I only care about understanding the community and there justifications for turning EVE into such a horrible and unpleasent place to play. It genuinly does interest me. Also killing time :P

Also Joker, is considered legendary, because he does what he does well, I have yet to see someone gank another person well, If they did, I wouldn't be posting here.

Daichi Yamato wrote:
as for the reactions of ppl getting ganked-

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=158388

But surely you realise this person is mocking you.

Basically he walked into a room and shouted "MONEY!" threw a few pieces of change into the air and watched everyone claw at each other to get at it. Sat back and laughed.
Astroniomix
Caldari State
#332 - 2012-10-05 15:14:47 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:

Ok so people find other peoples misfortune and the innevitable Evemails and forum posts that follow to be amusing, I get that but it goes too far, look at the OP of this post, thats not finding amusement in other peoples misfortune, thats just been an insensitive and unpleasent person, the OP didn't do anything that isn't done every day 50 times or so, he killed some miners, it's not difficult, it's not special, it's just EVE. So when did finding amusement in the misfortune of others extend to a need to post religiously/racially insensitive crap on a forum, is it no longer amusing if others don't share the experience?

I don't have a problem with ganking miners if that's what you want to do, but that wasn't the reason the OP posted his exploits, his post was meant to be insulting to a major religion and equally so to the victims of this religion, it went beyond EVE in an attempt to cause actual emotional harm to other players. It was unnecessary, insensitive and simply unpleasent without need.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to play a game with people like this, but it seems I am in the minority as his post was encouraged by many others, this, confuses me. So whats the solution, does the EVE community proceed like this until nobody but people like the OP exist willing to play it? What happens to the game then?

You missed the whole point of the op. He posted this to point out the idiocy of two exceptionally dumb people who got ganked twice in the same day by the same people. (this kind of thing can be easily avoided)

Also, you are not the minority, it just looks like it because 90% of the EVE population doesn't read the forums, and of the 10% that does, only half of them have the hand-eye coordination required to actually post.

Lastly, why does it matter that he "insulted" a major religion? Why should Islam get special treatment? (or any religion for that matter) It's no different than if he had formulated his post around "The Avengers". The only difference is marvel comics didn't spend the better part of a century attempting to set western Europe on fire.
Hiro Ceffoe
State War Academy
Caldari State
#333 - 2012-10-05 15:52:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiro Ceffoe
Astroniomix wrote:
You missed the whole point of the op. He posted this to point out the idiocy of two exceptionally dumb people who got ganked twice in the same day by the same people. (this kind of thing can be easily avoided)

I come across people acting like idiots every day I don't feel the need to post about them, surely the idiocy of the OP far surpased that of the miners he ganked when he decided the world must know of this. people act dumb, it's nothing new, whereas posting about people acting dumb happens so often its bordeline cliche. Yet people still treat such threads with an almost reverance as if the OP has somehow wowed us all with his brilliance... just don't get it.

Astroniomix wrote:
Also, you are not the minority, it just looks like it because 90% of the EVE population doesn't read the forums, and of the 10% that does, only half of them have the hand-eye coordination required to actually post.

Interesting, Ive only ever seen the "you are not the majority" line used on these forums.

Astroniomix wrote:
Lastly, why does it matter that he "insulted" a major religion? Why should Islam get special treatment? (or any religion for that matter) It's no different than if he had formulated his post around "The Avengers". The only difference is marvel comics didn't spend the better part of a century attempting to set western Europe on fire.

Ultimately it doesn't. The fact that he tried to be insulting to anything is all that matters, the subject matter he used is irrelevant, but the OP gave Islam special treatment by using that "analogy" not me. You should ask the OP why he used Islamic religion, especially when EVE has it's own religious zealotry to choose from.

I would be intersted to see the reaction this post would have got had he not used such an "analogy".

If the OP had written his post in the guise of an Ammarian zealot, it would have at least been interesting to read from that standpoint, and an equally capable platform from which to make his point, so ask yourself why didn't he? Why instead bring Real life issues to the table if not to unnecceseraly cause distress to people.
Astroniomix
Caldari State
#334 - 2012-10-05 22:24:22 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:

If the OP had written his post in the guise of an Ammarian zealot, it would have at least been interesting to read from that standpoint, and an equally capable platform from which to make his point, so ask yourself why didn't he? Why instead bring Real life issues to the table if not to unnecceseraly cause distress to people.

The Amarr aren't as famous for blowing themselves up as muslims are.
Daichi Yamato
#335 - 2012-10-06 00:24:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
jihads, holy wars and that crap are now bi-words and metaphors for getting **** done with any conviction. I declare jihads against my mobile phone when it decides it doesnt wanna work anymore. If thats really racist then we should also be careful when we use the word crusade, apocalypse and **** it, dont even say 'it must be christmas' every time u get something fancy unless it IS ACTUALLY CHRISTMAS.

anyone who actually took offense at the OP, let them speak up and we'll let the trolling start rolling. This is the internet, and any over sensitivity will be jumped on by every anonymous 'joker' that sees it. My advice? lighten up, ull live longer.
Quote:

' is it no longer amusing if others don't share the experience?'

[E]sharing stories that make ppl laugh is a GOOD thing. hell, some ppl even make telling these stories a profession, like comedians[E]. if there is ever a case where no one else laughs, i dnt really know because someone always laughs.

Quote:
'I don't have a problem with ganking miners if that's what you want to do, but that wasn't the reason the OP posted his exploits, his post was meant to be insulting to a major religion and equally so to the victims of this religion, it went beyond EVE in an attempt to cause actual emotional harm to other players. It was unnecessary, insensitive and simply unpleasent without need.'

no it wasnt, just used holy wars (or whatever, i dnt even remember) as an amusing concept. He might have tried to say he was 'saving innocent roids from the evil miners that eat them' but thats over done and no longer fashionable.

Quote:
'I don't know about you, but I don't want to play a game with people like this, but it seems I am in the minority as his post was encouraged by many others, this, confuses me. So whats the solution, does the EVE community proceed like this until nobody but people like the OP exist willing to play it? What happens to the game then?'

it would certainly be a much duller game without them

Daichi Yamato
#336 - 2012-10-06 00:51:50 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:

If the OP had written his post in the guise of an Ammarian zealot, it would have at least been interesting to read from that standpoint, and an equally capable platform from which to make his point, so ask yourself why didn't he? Why instead bring Real life issues to the table if not to unneceseraly cause distress to people.

Its funny, current and controversial. again look at the materials stand up comedians use. in particular, why don't u look up frankie boyle.

i guess i should have added that its funny when jokes are close to the bone as well (though i re-iterate that really wasn't what the OP was going for, nor was it even close to crossing any lines)

Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
#337 - 2012-10-08 21:48:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Daemon Ceed
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:

If the OP had written his post in the guise of an Ammarian zealot, it would have at least been interesting to read from that standpoint, and an equally capable platform from which to make his point, so ask yourself why didn't he? Why instead bring Real life issues to the table if not to unneceseraly cause distress to people.

Its funny, current and controversial. again look at the materials stand up comedians use. in particular, why don't u look up frankie boyle.

i guess i should have added that its funny when jokes are close to the bone as well (though i re-iterate that really wasn't what the OP was going for, nor was it even close to crossing any lines)

Now this is a very thoughtful and well formulated response. Comedy is often at the cost of others, or at least their amplified sensitivities. I'll fully admit that I enjoy ruffling the feathers of those who are overly politically correct. It should always be assumed that posts in C&P are going to be rather salty, as are the characters who post here. Personally, I feel that if I got your thong all up in a bunch that I achieved my goal. Mission Accomplished.

The fist slamming and gnashing of teeth over the terms I used to describe my war against AFK miners is also amusing. The terms, such as jihad, infidel, etc are not ones that are exclusive to a specific religion, but rather a region or culture. If I were to say I was on a crusade it wouldn't have the same bite, because it isn't current nor controversial, as Daichi said. Who cares about imagery of something that last occurred over a 700 years ago? Yawn.

Anyways, to further demonstrate how silly some miners are, I submit for your frothing mouth's approval the following kill that I like to call "The Lowsec Miner Rokh of DOOM":

http://www.recklessambition.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=4030

Enjoy.
Daichi Yamato
#338 - 2012-10-09 00:20:39 UTC
i laugh when ppl call me racist for using someones skin colour to distinguish him from the twenty white guys around him

colleague - 'who's the salmon for?'
me - 'The black gentleman over there'
colleague - 'you cant say that'
me - 'ok, then its the gentleman in the shirt *lots of guys in shirts*, no wait, the gentleman with hair, smeg, he has trousers on, nope, umm...wait, i'll go ask his name and then u can learn the name of everyone here so u know who it is. Or, u could just serve the black guy his meal before it gets cold.'

Astroniomix
Caldari State
#339 - 2012-10-09 05:10:10 UTC
Daemon Ceed wrote:

Anyways, to further demonstrate how silly some miners are, I submit for your frothing mouth's approval the following kill that I like to call "The Lowsec Miner Rokh of DOOM":

Enjoy.

Who allowed that guy to undock with that thing?

Someone's getting fired.
Daemon Ceed
Ice Fire Warriors
#340 - 2012-10-09 08:51:20 UTC
Astroniomix wrote:
Daemon Ceed wrote:

Enjoy.

Who allowed that guy to undock with that thing?

Someone's getting fired.

Had I not been so drunk during the kill I would've been able to point the Retriever that was with him, too. Oh well, I focused on the most expensive ship so all in all it was worth it.