These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Some dumb miners just don't learn

Author
Hiro Ceffoe
State War Academy
Caldari State
#301 - 2012-10-01 13:02:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiro Ceffoe
Kane the Black wrote:
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
Can you prove that blanket statement?


www.minerbumping.com

A whole blog dedicated to collecting tears of your fellow roid leeches. I know it's through bumping instead of ganking, but the effects are pretty similar as mental patients tend to freak out when you disrupt their online therapy. If you would have gotten out of your asteroid belt a little more, you could've figured this one out yourself.


That only proves a certain selection of miners get upset when bumped, not that all miners get upset when ganked.

Also I'm not a miner, just FYI

Kane the Black wrote:
...as mental patients tend to freak out when you disrupt their online therapy.


Again with this, is this how you justify your actions on those slow days? You created your own catalyst to deepen your enjoyment of the situation, seamingly from nothing, is there any evidence that the people who claim to get upset are in some way mental patients or does it just make you feel better to think that? Or is it supposed to be a thinly veiled insult, if so, what makes you feel the need to insult someone you already feel superior to?

I put it to you, that "Tears" are an illusion, furthermore they are an illusion created primarily by the person seeking them, akin to, for example the Holy grail.

Now, many people consider those who would spend time seeking something of there own imagining to be crazy and laugh behind there backs, yet dare not speak of this to them. Do you think the miners who are ganked see the situation in a similar way?
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#302 - 2012-10-01 14:40:58 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
-stuff-

Points for being more eloquent than Fabulos Rod, but you aren't much better at making your case.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#303 - 2012-10-01 14:48:54 UTC
Kane the Black wrote:
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
Can you prove that blanket statement?


www.minerbumping.com

A whole blog dedicated to collecting tears of your fellow roid leeches. I know it's through bumping instead of ganking, but the effects are pretty similar as mental patients tend to freak out when you disrupt their online therapy. If you would have gotten out of your asteroid belt a little more, you could've figured this one out yourself.


I mined a full ore load in my retriever without being asked if I was at the keyboard and without being bumped in one of "his systems". I was dissapointed...
Hiro Ceffoe
State War Academy
Caldari State
#304 - 2012-10-01 15:13:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiro Ceffoe
Astroniomix wrote:
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
-stuff-

Points for being more eloquent than Fabulos Rod, but you aren't much better at making your case.


Urm, I don't actually have a "case" is probably the reason for that.

All I'm doing is attempting to get people to see things from a different angle, some people will... most people won't, it won't matter either way, I'm not posting to prove a point or in protest to anything per se.

furthermore, the questions I ask are NOT rhetorical, I am actually looking for answers if you can provide them. But mainly I'm just looking for someone to say to themselves "hmm, I never thought about it like that"

You see, to me, I really don't care much for these forum wars, the whole to and fro of pointless debate between two or more parties that will never meet nor agree, I am posting more for my own reasons, I saw behaviour on a forum I found odd, in defiance of reason and logic, and so I posted in an attempt to better understand this behaviour.

I believe in understanding the world in which I live, the motivations and the actions of those I share this world with, In this case I spend time playing EVE Online, and therefore am interested in the motivations and actions of others who also choose to play EVE Online. Since I believe knowledge should always be given freely to those who seek it, I attempted to educate others as to my way of thinking while attempting to understand another way of thinking. a tit for tat arrangement if you will :P

Let me ask a question you won't be able to answer to finalize all this and end my involvement in this thread maybe then will you see my "case"

I play EVE Online for the enjoyement of myself AND OTHERS, the OP plays EVE Online for the enjoyement of himself AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS, which of these two behaviours is the right one?
Kane the Black
Doomheim
#305 - 2012-10-01 16:24:06 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
I play EVE Online for the enjoyement of myself AND OTHERS, the OP plays EVE Online for the enjoyement of himself AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS, which of these two behaviours is the right one?


Both, the game is a sandbox so you create your own adventure, so to say. As for the one-viewpoint-point you made, I used to be sitting in roid belts myself before I turned to ransoming and blowing up stragglers in lowsec. I seen both sides, and I chose the latter as I found it to be a bit more engaging than watching roids melt.

I understand the motivation for your posting, but you will never "get it" through reasoning. As I said, everyone in EVE creates his own adventure. The only way to "get it", is by trying it yourself. By experience, you can judge for yourself what you consider to be right and wrong, good or bad, that kinda stuff.

Combat Boosters for sale - http://combatboosters.blogspot.com/

Hiro Ceffoe
State War Academy
Caldari State
#306 - 2012-10-01 16:56:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiro Ceffoe
Kane the Black wrote:
Both, the game is a sandbox so you create your own adventure, so to say. As for the one-viewpoint-point you made, I used to be sitting in roid belts myself before I turned to ransoming and blowing up stragglers in lowsec. I seen both sides, and I chose the latter as I found it to be a bit more engaging than watching roids melt.


If I understood your post correctly, you seem to have made the mistake of thinking my playstyle and the things I do, or do not do in EVE will change my philosophy towards playing a game, or that in some way this philosophy guides the options I have in the game, it does not.

I do not mine in EVE because I don't want to annoy anyone as your post seems to suggest. I am just as capable as blowing up a miners ship as the OP is, the only difference is in doing so I do not attempt to infuriate or otherwise annoy my target, this to me is not a valid goal of the game, this to me is not fun, I would also not then proceed to a forum and tell everyone who will read about my exploits using racial and religiously insenitive language in a further attempt to extract fun from the situation. It is THIS behaviour that confuses me, and this behaviour I seek to understand.

Kane the Black wrote:
I understand the motivation for your posting, but you will never "get it" through reasoning. As I said, everyone in EVE creates his own adventure. The only way to "get it", is by trying it yourself. By experience, you can judge for yourself what you consider to be right and wrong, good or bad, that kinda stuff.


It is highly possible I will never understand the compulsion to "extract tears" from other players, this is possibly a blessing in its own right. My enjoyement of EVE Online will NEVER be contingent on the misery of those I play with. And to those for who it will, I shall pity knowing they can never truely win in there game.
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#307 - 2012-10-01 18:48:22 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:

You see, to me, I really don't care much for these forum wars, the whole to and fro of pointless debate between two or more parties that will never meet nor agree, I am posting more for my own reasons, I saw behaviour on a forum I found odd, in defiance of reason and logic, and so I posted in an attempt to better understand this behaviour.

You DO care, hence why you keep posting increasingly longer replies.

If you truly wanted to understand, you would try this yourself. Then you would see how amusing it is to watch people get up in arms over utterly worthless/unimportant things.
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#308 - 2012-10-02 03:07:18 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
*absurd psuedo-intellectual ranting*


Ahem.

My eloquent response is.......

umad bro?

Also, HTFU, GTFO, and other cool 4 letter acronyms.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#309 - 2012-10-02 03:08:03 UTC
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
*absurd psuedo-intellectual ranting*


Ahem.

My eloquent response is.......

umad bro?

Also, HTFU, GTFO, and other cool 4 letter acronyms.


NOOB? Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Hiro Ceffoe
State War Academy
Caldari State
#310 - 2012-10-02 12:08:26 UTC
Astroniomix wrote:
If you truly wanted to understand, you would try this yourself. Then you would see how amusing it is to watch people get up in arms over utterly worthless/unimportant things.


I don't need to do it myself when surrounded by those who are already doing it. The day I derive my fun in EVE from annoying others will be the day after I stop playing EVE, If thats how you want to play however, then good for you. It's clear that this behaviour cannot be adequately explained even by those taking part in it, so I am losing interest.

"When you search for answers the only true obstacle will be idiocy"

Mike Adoulin wrote:
umad bro?


Yes, yes I am mad, mad, mad, mad as a box of hammers. But apparently you don't care about that because your post isn't very long.

"There comes a time when you look back at the decisons you made, the time you spent, and the people you have met, if you could jump to that moment today, would it change the rest of your life?"
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#311 - 2012-10-02 14:46:23 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
"There comes a time when you look back at the decisons you made, the time you spent, and the people you have met, if you could jump to that moment today, would it change the rest of your life?"

Look at your likes, now look at mine, now back to your likes, and once more, back to mine.

Sadly; your likes aren't mine, but they could smell like mine if you'd stop npc alt posting and use OLD SPICE!
CorInaXeraL
The Dresdeneers
#312 - 2012-10-02 15:17:58 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:


"When you search for answers the only true obstacle will be idiocy"


True. Though to find this idiocy, I would look in a mirror first. Operator Error is the biggest contributor to fail in the world today.

Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
Mike Adoulin wrote:
umad bro?



Yes, yes I am mad, mad, mad, mad as a box of hammers. But apparently you don't care about that because your post isn't very long.


Confirming long posts are caring posts. This is why Twitter=Uncaring Fucktards.


Hiro Ceffoe wrote:

"There comes a time when you look back at the decisons you made, the time you spent, and the people you have met, if you could jump to that moment today, would it change the rest of your life?"


This almost brought a tear to my eye. Almost. But then I saw some puppies and the tears never came. However, to answer the question? No. Every time I look back, I realize those moments were what changed the rest of my life. Looking back on them just prolongs getting to the next one.

Jimmy Buffet wrote:

Yesterday's over my shoulder, I can't look backwards too long. There's just too much to see lying in front of me and I just know that I can't go wrong.


Hiro Ceffoe
State War Academy
Caldari State
#313 - 2012-10-02 15:49:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiro Ceffoe
CorInaXeraL wrote:
True. Though to find this idiocy, I would look in a mirror first. Operator Error is the biggest contributor to fail in the world today.


Fail is not a measurable statistic. Also did you just call yourself an idiot? I think you did. Or are you trying to say that the search for answers may be be idiotic? I don't agree with that in the slightest.

Astroniomix wrote:
Look at your likes, now look at mine, now back to your likes, and once more, back to mine.

Sadly; your likes aren't mine, but they could smell like mine if you'd stop npc alt posting and use OLD SPICE!


Here, have another one, there obviously important to you. :P Also I don't see likes in compact view, I find them rather redundant.

CorInaXeraL wrote:
This almost brought a tear to my eye. Almost. But then I saw some puppies and the tears never came. However, to answer the question? No. Every time I look back, I realize those moments were what changed the rest of my life. Looking back on them just prolongs getting to the next one.


Think about the "last" time you are looking back on your life, which is supposed to be the point of the quote. Seriously how did you miss that?

To clarify, because I think it's really important to think about every now and then, imagine living the last day of your life today.

"When you can no longer look forward then you must look back, you must pray you like what you see for that which you see will be how you are remembered, it will be forever unchanging, the true test of character, and it will be your legacy, and legacy... is all we are and all we can ever be"

I'm bored of this now.
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#314 - 2012-10-02 17:17:52 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
Fail is not a measurable statistic.

It doesn't need to be measurable for it to be caused by operator error.
Kairos Antilles
Doomheim
#315 - 2012-10-03 01:14:59 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
...the only difference is in doing so I do not attempt to infuriate or otherwise annoy my target, this to me is not a valid goal of the game, this to me is not fun...


(Emphasis mine)

And with that emphasis, the core of the problem is revealed.

Thank you. ISK donations welcome, but not necessary.
Lyrrashae
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#316 - 2012-10-03 04:15:45 UTC
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
[...]

"There comes a time when you look back at the decisons you made, the time you spent, and the people you have met, if you could jump to that moment today, would it change the rest of your life?"



No, it wouldn't, because, see...

...Video-games and events through/in same just aren't all that world-shattering. Hate to break it to you, but they just aren't.

Next!

Ni.

Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#317 - 2012-10-03 08:19:02 UTC
Astroniomix wrote:
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
Fail is not a measurable statistic.

It doesn't need to be measurable for it to be caused by operator error.


Yes it does.
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#318 - 2012-10-03 08:20:13 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
[...]

"There comes a time when you look back at the decisons you made, the time you spent, and the people you have met, if you could jump to that moment today, would it change the rest of your life?"



No, it wouldn't, because, see...

...Video-games and events through/in same just aren't all that world-shattering. Hate to break it to you, but they just aren't.

Next!


And so no one will care when you pass away, unless you can show me some reason for somebody to care.
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#319 - 2012-10-03 08:22:04 UTC
CorInaXeraL wrote:


True. Though to find this idiocy, I would look in a mirror first. Operator Error is the biggest contributor to fail in the world today.


Whatever shows in your mirror must be pretty stupid then.
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#320 - 2012-10-03 08:22:29 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Hiro Ceffoe wrote:
*absurd psuedo-intellectual ranting*


Ahem.

My eloquent response is.......

umad bro?

Also, HTFU, GTFO, and other cool 4 letter acronyms.


NOOB? Big smile


WOOT.