These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Warp bubbles

First post
Author
Andre II
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-07-29 22:33:37 UTC
I'm still trying to completely understand these things, I died from one again but in a strange way. This has happened to me twice since i started playing and it's confused me how it works. I'm traveling through null, I got to a gate, it's empty. I jump. The new system which i'm in has a gate camp, and a warp bubble directly in front of the gate. I quickly try to warp to my next gate before gate cloak ends, but due to a warp bubble being literally .5m from the gate, you can't warp away from the gate. I can understand if someone if warping to a gate and they get caught, but what about if you end up on the side from jumping through a gate. Then you're stuck, is there any way around this?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=47868

Dave stark
#2 - 2012-07-29 22:35:17 UTC
burn back to the gate you used to jump in to the system is your best bet.
Pipa Porto
#3 - 2012-07-30 00:11:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Dave stark wrote:
burn back to the gate you used to jump in to the system is your best bet.

Or Cloak, Burn out of the Bubble, Warp off

Or Fight your way out (fun, but low success rate)

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#4 - 2012-07-30 00:30:04 UTC
Bubbles disrupt warp regardless of how you wind up in one (either landing in them or entering system/undocking from within them). They also have a nasty habbit of "dragging" you out of warp (look up drag bubbles) if they are lined up with your direction of warp, too, so watch out!

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-07-30 00:41:14 UTC
Sobaan Tali wrote:
Bubbles disrupt warp regardless of how you wind up in one (either landing in them or entering system/undocking from within them). They also have a nasty habbit of "dragging" you out of warp (look up drag bubbles) if they are lined up with your direction of warp, too, so watch out!

Yeah it sucks when you arrive at the gate but then you keep going 50+km overshoot Evil

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Pipa Porto
#6 - 2012-07-30 00:43:27 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Sobaan Tali wrote:

Yeah it sucks when you arrive at the gate but then you keep going 50+km overshoot Evil

Though it's really entertaining when you land outside the bubble anyway, so the guy decloaking just gets to watch you warp off like a baws.

-RubyPorto

Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#7 - 2012-07-30 01:07:32 UTC
Interdiction-Nullified Strategic Cruiser

Expensive as hell, but you have a 100% chance of surviving, minus a large percentage of player competency.

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-07-30 02:12:06 UTC
Tarn Kugisa wrote:

Expensive as hell, but you have a 100% chance of surviving, minus a large percentage of player competency.

It's not that expensive.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2012-07-30 03:50:10 UTC
Tarn Kugisa wrote:

Expensive as hell

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#10 - 2012-07-30 03:58:54 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Tarn Kugisa wrote:

It's not that expensive.

It's a small price to pay for bubble immunity, imo. It gives you no excuse to being stupid, but certainly helps even a somewhat compitent pilot out of what would be a nasty loss.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Pipa Porto
#11 - 2012-07-30 04:24:28 UTC
Tarn Kugisa wrote:

JF. You have to be the worst Pilot ever to lose one outside of Suicide Ganks because you can always Dock when you're flying them right. Skips you right past Bubbles.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14104475
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14170008

-RubyPorto

Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2012-07-30 04:50:52 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Tarn Kugisa wrote:

JF. You have to be the worst Pilot ever to lose one outside of Suicide Ganks because you can always Dock when you're flying them right. Skips you right past Bubbles.

I like it when they cyno inside the station then bounce off.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Pipa Porto
#13 - 2012-07-30 04:57:24 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Tarn Kugisa wrote:

I like it when they cyno inside the station then bounce off.

I've bounced off of badly placed Cynos (I know, I know, I suck), but with the new 10s Dock timer, I've never bounced out of range.

-RubyPorto

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#14 - 2012-07-30 06:07:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Pipa Porto wrote:
I've bounced off of badly placed Cynos (I know, I know, I suck), but with the new 10s Dock timer, I've never bounced out of range.

Ya, I've never understood the losses either.

Bouncing is the only risk, and practicing placing cynos on the test server is risk-free. 5km + ship's size is all you need to be a safe distance away from any structure.

Attack on undock: You did something wrong, as attack is impossible. Stop (I spam CTRL SPACE as soon as I click undock, and don't stop until the system loads). Wait 10 seconds for session timer (you are invulnerable for 30 seconds). Jump.

As for warp bubbles there are basically two kinds:

* Drag bubbles.

* Bubbles directly on a gate.

Drag bubbles are often easy to avoid by simply not warping gate-to-gate. Open the system map and locate the gate, then warp to a planet or customs office (never at 0 km or 100 km) first that is at an angle to other gates, then warp to the gate.

Bubbles directly on a gate are trouble, as they can't be avoided. What to do is a toss-up, but burning back to the gate is usually the answer if you are attacked. If it isn't a large bubble, and unguarded, you might be able to burn out. These sort of bubbles are why you want to send a scout in a cheap ship (even a no-skill alt in a shuttle or rookie ship) ahead first.

Because bubbles directly on a gate are extremely annoying, they don't survive long. Check back the next few days if you can, and it will likely be gone.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-07-30 06:22:16 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Attack on undock: You did something wrong, as attack is impossible. Stop (I spam CTRL SPACE as soon as I click undock, and don't stop until the system loads). Wait 10 seconds for session timer (you are invulnerable for 30 seconds). Jump.

Your invulnerability is broken as soon as you commit any action, including stopping your ship.

And as far as bubbles go: you're an idiot if you get caught in a bubble in a JF. I have absolutely no sympathy for you, because there's really no reason you should be warping to gates or stations other than traveling through hisec where there aren't any bubbles anyway. The only conceivable case I can think of is if you're caught by a bubble on undock, but you can always just dock as soon as the session change timer is up.

Also, drag bubbles and regular warp disruption bubbles are the same exact thing, the only difference being placement.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#16 - 2012-07-30 06:27:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Your invulnerability is broken as soon as you commit any action, including stopping your ship.

Bzzt! Wrong! Stopping does not break invul. Activating any module or maneuvering does.

Feel free to test it. I have.

EDIT: Just tested it again seconds ago as I write this. Stopping still doesn't break invul.
Nirnias Stirrum
Soggy Biscuit.
#17 - 2012-07-30 08:40:15 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Bzzt! Wrong! Stopping does not break invul. Activating any module or maneuvering does.

EDIT: Just tested it again seconds ago as I write this. Stopping still doesn't break invul.

oooo i did not know that thanks, i thought the second you make any action, even a click on screen you lose the invul, so you can right click capictor click stop as your undocking and still remain invul for the time period? sweet.. not that i have much use for that feature in a WH but still good to know.
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#18 - 2012-07-30 10:43:12 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

And I second this, stopping your ship is the only action you can take without breaking your 30 second timer. I've used it many times.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-07-30 20:21:17 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Then I stand corrected.

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Noctis
Shoot First.
#20 - 2012-07-30 20:26:43 UTC
This game is woefully lacking in solid documentation on bubbles, especially how drag bubbles work.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

123Next page