These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Warp bubbles

First post
Author
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Noctis
Shoot First.
#21 - 2012-07-30 20:28:39 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Your invulnerability is broken as soon as you commit any action, including stopping your ship.


As has been pointed out, you're very wrong here. Stopping is the one thing you CAN do.

James Amril-Kesh wrote:
you can always just dock as soon as the session change timer is up.


These days, you can dock up almost immediately. For all practical purposes, there is no session change timer on undocking.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Pipa Porto
#22 - 2012-07-30 20:41:48 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
These days, you can dock up almost immediately. For all practical purposes, there is no session change timer on undocking.


There are still a few stations that are such kickout stations that the 10s timer keeps you from redocking fast enough if it's not safe.

Used to be more, but that 20s reduction in the timer's made a lot more stations safe for the fight against Communism!

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2012-08-01 01:05:47 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Your invulnerability is broken as soon as you commit any action, including stopping your ship.


As has been pointed out, you're very wrong here. Stopping is the one thing you CAN do.

James Amril-Kesh wrote:
you can always just dock as soon as the session change timer is up.


These days, you can dock up almost immediately. For all practical purposes, there is no session change timer on undocking.

You're too late. I've already admitted my error.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#24 - 2012-08-01 03:48:57 UTC
So stopping will not break invul. Very good to know.

As far as bubbles go, they work like this:

1. Any ship inside the bubble cannot initiate warp.
2. A bubble placed on your destination's grid that is on your warp vector will pull/stop you at it's edge.
3. You cannot do an on-grid warp if a bubble on your grid is in a direct line with your warp vector.

Exceptions:

1. Tech 3 ships with the Interdiction Nullifier subsystem completely ignore bubbles.

Also, I think I heard that supers and titans need to be >50% covered in bubbles to be prevented from warping in this manner. But I could be wrong. (HIC focused point is much easier.)

In any event, bouncing off a planet is a way to avoid bubbles. You can use your d-scanner to see if there are any bubbles on the gate. But it won't tell you where the bubble is in relation to the gate. An on-grid bookmark (perch) is much better for scouting a potentially bubbled gate.

And finally, a common tactic for bubble camps is to place several jet-cans at the edge of the bubble to decloak covert ops ships that get pulled in.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Shaotuk
Sin City Enterprises
#25 - 2012-08-01 13:50:47 UTC
Also,

Bubbles do not work if the pilot initiated warp before the placement of the bubble.
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#26 - 2012-08-01 23:20:16 UTC
Just think of bubbles like magnets for your warp drive.

Bubbles... How do they work?

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2012-08-01 23:22:23 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Just think of bubbles like magnets for your warp drive.


In before someone asks how magnets work.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Phill Esteen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-08-01 23:32:00 UTC
EM, Explo, Kin and Therm
******* bubbles, how do they work?
And I don't wanna talk to a developer
Y'all mother******s lying, and raisin' my temper!

– postum faex est – 

never forget

mkint
#29 - 2012-08-01 23:51:33 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Just think of bubbles like magnets for your warp drive.


In before someone asks how magnets work.

because of quantum

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#30 - 2012-08-01 23:55:44 UTC
Tarn Kugisa wrote:
Interdiction-Nullified Strategic Cruiser

Expensive as hell, but you have a 100% chance of surviving, minus a large percentage of player competency.


w/ a covert reconfig + covops cloak this ^

Gate to gate it's invulnerable.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Pipa Porto
#31 - 2012-08-01 23:55:56 UTC
mkint wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Just think of bubbles like magnets for your warp drive.


In before someone asks how magnets work.

because of quantum


I thought it was all because String Theory proving the Hippies right about "Vibes"

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Hoshi
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#32 - 2012-08-02 11:06:30 UTC
Soldarius wrote:

2. A bubble placed on your destination's grid that is on your warp vector will pull/stop you at it's edge.

A small detail that usually will only come into effect with interdictor bubbles is that a bubble on the destination grid must be up and active before the target hit warp, this includes the align time and not just before they actually entered warp.

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."

Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#33 - 2012-09-21 00:34:42 UTC
Hoshi wrote:
Soldarius wrote:

2. A bubble placed on your destination's grid that is on your warp vector will pull/stop you at it's edge.

A small detail that usually will only come into effect with interdictor bubbles is that a bubble on the destination grid must be up and active before the target hit warp, this includes the align time and not just before they actually entered warp.

But if you take the bubble down while they are in warp... will they still get sucked in?

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-09-21 00:38:23 UTC
You could use a T3 Strategic Cruiser with an interdiction nullifier I believe but T3's are very expensive, let alone using one for PvP :P 'm sure there are people that do it though...
Buck Futz
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2012-09-21 00:40:04 UTC
Andre II wrote:
I'm still trying to completely understand these things, I died from one again but in a strange way. This has happened to me twice since i started playing and it's confused me how it works. I'm traveling through null, I got to a gate, it's empty. I jump. The new system which i'm in has a gate camp, and a warp bubble directly in front of the gate. I quickly try to warp to my next gate before gate cloak ends, but due to a warp bubble being literally .5m from the gate, you can't warp away from the gate. I can understand if someone if warping to a gate and they get caught, but what about if you end up on the side from jumping through a gate. Then you're stuck, is there any way around this?


They also pull you into it if you are landing near it and pointing into it.
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#36 - 2012-09-21 00:40:22 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Hoshi wrote:
Soldarius wrote:

2. A bubble placed on your destination's grid that is on your warp vector will pull/stop you at it's edge.

A small detail that usually will only come into effect with interdictor bubbles is that a bubble on the destination grid must be up and active before the target hit warp, this includes the align time and not just before they actually entered warp.

But if you take the bubble down while they are in warp... will they still get sucked in?


If memory serves me right yes.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Fleur Kendall
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-09-21 03:03:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Fleur Kendall
This game lacks solid documentatiion .. well yes, but that's always been that case, but we have a marvellous community - to wit:

eve uni wiki: interdiction 101

and

longish, but explains it thoroughly

So .. an agile frigate, improved cloak and a mwd makes navigating null sec gate camps quite a pleasurable pursuit if thats your thing
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
Just let it happen
#38 - 2012-09-21 04:29:28 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Tarn Kugisa wrote:
Interdiction-Nullified Strategic Cruiser

Expensive as hell, but you have a 100% chance of surviving, minus a large percentage of player competency.

It's not that expensive.

I was helping with a POS bash, and the enemy warped a Nyx into the POS force field. Unfortunately, several ships were floating in the bubble, unpiloted. They got bumped out. One was a Proteus. I happened to be the only Proteus pilot on the field, so I warped my pod to it, hopped in and flew off. It had the interdiction nullifier.

Sometimes they are not only not expensive, but free.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Pipa Porto
#39 - 2012-09-21 05:16:13 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Hoshi wrote:
Soldarius wrote:

2. A bubble placed on your destination's grid that is on your warp vector will pull/stop you at it's edge.

A small detail that usually will only come into effect with interdictor bubbles is that a bubble on the destination grid must be up and active before the target hit warp, this includes the align time and not just before they actually entered warp.

But if you take the bubble down while they are in warp... will they still get sucked in?

The Guy Before You wrote:
#32Posted: 2012.08.02 11:06 | Report

Gogela wrote:
#33Posted: 2012.09.21 00:34 | Report


What's with you and dead threads?

Anyway, I don't believe that you get pulled towards a downed bubble, but you'd be able to warp off freely if you did, so nbd.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2012-09-21 09:07:18 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
This game is woefully lacking in solid documentation on bubbles, especially how drag bubbles work.

This game is woefully lacking in solid documentation period.
Well, at least you can still search interwebz...

Bubble mechanics
Bubble avoidance
Previous page123Next page