These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Barge Fairy Tale

First post First post
Author
Tiamet Cordova
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1841 - 2012-07-29 15:34:31 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Tiamet Cordova wrote:
i think its a drastic overbuff

Seems to me that's a drastic change from your earlier position.

then you have reading comprehension issues ....
JamesCLK
#1842 - 2012-07-29 15:37:11 UTC
And here are todays sisi changes to barges.
Serpentine's EVE wrote:

tldr;
•tech 1 barges now only require Astrogeology III and Mining Barge I
•Covetor and Hulk lose -500hp from shield, armour and structure (about 20% less effective HP than last build)
•Hulk gets increased yield; one of the +3% bonuses gets buffed to +5%/level
•Procurer gets a massive 4 mid slots (+3 from last build) making it quite tough
•Retriever ore hold goes from 30k to 28k, but more forgiving of those with low barge piloting skills
•Exhumer shields reset to t1 resists + 5% per level (I think – hard to read diffs sometimes)
•Mining crystals reduced to half the volume (inb4 mineral compression….)

Eat your hearts out. P

-- -.-- / -.-. .-.. --- -. . / .. ... / - --- --- / . -..- .--. . -. ... .. ...- . / - --- / ..- -. -.. --- -.-. -.- / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--. / ... - --- .--.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#1843 - 2012-07-29 15:54:09 UTC
JamesCLK wrote:
Serpentine's EVE wrote:

tldr;
•Covetor and Hulk lose -500hp from shield, armour and structure (about 20% less effective HP than last build)
•Retriever ore hold goes from 30k to 28k, but more forgiving of those with low barge piloting skills
•Exhumer shields reset to t1 resists + 5% per level (I think – hard to read diffs sometimes)

Eat your hearts out. P

Yeah the "discussion" in the feedback forum is going strong.

I don't get why a T2 ship should get T1 resists plus something. T2 ships are meant to get T2 resists else they should drop the cost from 250M to 25M and be T1.
Alexzandvar Douglass
Motiveless Malignity
Deepwater Hooligans
#1844 - 2012-07-29 15:57:36 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Alexzandvar Douglass wrote:
T2 Barges with the update are supposed to reflect the added cost in "Upgrading" from a regular mining barge with added tank and yield. Not to mention every single suicide gank iv seen in my EVE career has been simply about a small quick buck or just getting good kill mails.

Not to mention what about the Ice miners in 0.0? A Mackinaw right now can't tank the rats in almost any Ice belt, while a hulk preforms excellent in a regular belt.

CCP Please, listen the Miners on this one and not the people who get the jollies off on taking advantage of the Mackinaws Poor tank.

Tanking is what the skiff is going to be for not the mackBlink

But you will be ABLE to tank a Machinaw, it will have much more EHP than it does now.
JamesCLK
#1845 - 2012-07-29 16:43:19 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
JamesCLK wrote:
Serpentine's EVE wrote:

tldr;

Eat your hearts out. P

I don't get why a T2 ship should get T1 resists plus something. T2 ships are meant to get T2 resists else they should drop the cost from 250M to 25M and be T1.

Don't exaggerate; resistances alone do not a T2 ship make.

You can still achieve high resistances, but you need to use the increased CPU and slots to get them instead of just having them regardless of fittings. It makes tank a more or less mandatory (and easy to acomplish) thing on any good barge fitting.

I don't need to point out why that is a good thing. Smile

-- -.-- / -.-. .-.. --- -. . / .. ... / - --- --- / . -..- .--. . -. ... .. ...- . / - --- / ..- -. -.. --- -.-. -.- / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--. / ... - --- .--.

Dave stark
#1846 - 2012-07-29 16:59:53 UTC
JamesCLK wrote:
Serpentine's EVE wrote:

tldr;

Eat your hearts out. P

yield bonus on the hulk is nice.
retriever never had a 30k ore bay anyway, it has been 28k for the last few days now, the 50% bonus dropped to 25% but it got an extra 2.5k base ore bay increase anyway.
mining crystal change was a few days ago unless crystals are now like 12.5m3?
JamesCLK
#1847 - 2012-07-29 17:09:00 UTC  |  Edited by: JamesCLK
-snip-

Dave stark
#1848 - 2012-07-29 17:15:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
JamesCLK wrote:

They are 15 m3 now :sherlock:

As for the tldr, I'm not claiming any accuracy as it was a direct copy paste from Serpentine's blog.

yeah that's an unimportant t1 crystal that was 15m3 a few days ago, these aren't new changes.
t2 crystals (the only ones any one gives a **** about) were originally 50m3, hence two reductions in size would put them at 12.5m3 but obviously that hasn't happened and this is old news.
qDoctor Strangelove
Doomheim
#1849 - 2012-07-29 17:31:12 UTC
Have they changed the mass of the ships?
My 100mn MWD cruiser pilot wants to know...
Pipa Porto
#1850 - 2012-07-29 18:00:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Mocam wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Get over your preconceived notion that mining ships must be profitable gank targets.

They're not profitable gank targets unless the Miners choose to hold a bullseye over their face.

No, "profitability" isn't that big an issue to most. It's getting more expensive kills cheaply - without anyone seeing that they lost anything in their "KB stats". 5 BC's ganking a single hulk... each PERSON involved will only show a hulk kill - no loss info shows.

If you want a really funny fix from CCP on this - they setup a NPC killboard. Which NPC factions have killed what pilots in which type of ships. NO competition with main killboards which only show player vs player losses.

Seeing ImUbahGankah showing 500 transport kills... Then checking the NPC boards to find 2300 losses to CONCORD would be worth its weight in laughs. Seeing Serpentis, Angles, etc showing 50 carrier kills, 10 supercap kills ... Yeah, that would be funny as hell and bring an end to your "Nobody will know I lost anything" gank failures.

Seeing the ACTUAL success and failure rates for gankers would remove a lot of "you can't prevent it. They know..." supposed psychic bullshit that too many players buy into about gankers. They fail - a lot. It's just those failures tend to be hidding 99% of the time and even their successes don't *PUBLICALLY* show them losing anything. It would also mitigate a lot of attitude about how "safe" PvE is in EVE.

That would be great. I'd love to see how many JF Pilots get dead to faction police. (I've seen 4-5 make it to real KBs).
How many mission runners/ratters get dead to rats.
And how many miners get embarrassingly dead to rats.

Anyway, look at Bat Country's KB for the Ice interdictions.

(Oh, and I bet you the people who gank on gank alts don't care one whit about kb stats, since those don't really transfer)

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1851 - 2012-07-29 18:24:36 UTC
My my... 94 pages already? How **** does fly.....
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#1852 - 2012-07-29 19:08:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Bunnie Hop wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
If you suspect someone of doing it, petition them. Otherwise, bitching about it here accomplishes nothing.

I am not 'bitching', I don't even mine. I support the buff of mining barges though since ganking is getting out of control. The sad thing is that people don't see that they are being manipulated by the alliance who controls the minerals required to make the barges. The buff to the tanks will help make that monopoly not as profitable as it currently is.

My God, do you seriously believe that the so-called "OTEC" has that much of a hold on everyone? Do you seriously believe that everyone in this game is so credulous, so blinkered, so stupid as to allow themselves to be forced into this as the "only" option -- in an open-world sandbox?

Advice: If you want to convince your audience of something, then it helps not to disrespect their intelligence that blatantly.

My manufacturing/invention character -- as in, building Hulks, among other T II stuff -- would beg to differ, in any case.

(And no, I'm not a shill for them: I despise those fart-bags just as much as you lot seem to, although I suspect my reasons are rather different.)

E:

See, that's the whole point I've been trying to make:

You carebears always choose to be victims, and then always bleat about how you're somehow entitled to being protected from consequences of same without having to take any steps to protect/help yourselves, which are all easy, readily available to everyone, and far too numerous to list here, even if they hadn't already been being listed for the last 90-odd pages. And in the forums for the last 8-odd years.

But just because you choose to be a victim, doesn't mean everyone else does -- a proper miner would shudder in revulsion at the concept; Yes, there still are some! -- nor yet is everyone else obligated to sacrifice gameplay so you can continue to be safe on your greasy fear-sweat-dripping/stinking pedestal of sanctimonious victim-hood.

EVE is a game about taking your safety, business, and fun into your own hands.

If you can't/won't handle that, then there are plenty of bland, safe, easy MMOs out there, go play them, and quit trying to turn EVE into another one like them. There's a reason so many are going/have gone free-to-play/pay-to-win, if they weren't before.

[/mini-rant]

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#1853 - 2012-07-29 19:22:33 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
My my... 94 pages already? How **** does fly.....

It makes sense that CCP censors the word T I M E.
Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#1854 - 2012-07-29 19:25:52 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Bunnie Hop wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
If you suspect someone of doing it, petition them. Otherwise, bitching about it here accomplishes nothing.

I am not 'bitching', I don't even mine. I support the buff of mining barges though since ganking is getting out of control. The sad thing is that people don't see that they are being manipulated by the alliance who controls the minerals required to make the barges. The buff to the tanks will help make that monopoly not as profitable as it currently is.

My God, do you seriously believe that the so-called "OTEC" has that much of a hold on everyone? Do you seriously believe that everyone in this game is so credulous, so blinkered, so stupid as to allow themselves to be forced into this as the "only" option -- in an open-world sandbox?

Advice: If you want to convince your audience of something, then it helps not to disrespect their intelligence that blatantly.

My manufacturing/invention character -- as in, building Hulks, among other T II stuff -- would beg to differ, in any case.

(And no, I'm not a shill for them: I despise those fart-bags just as much as you lot seem to, although I suspect my reasons are rather different.)

E:

See, that's the whole point I've been trying to make:

You carebears always choose to be victims, and then always bleat about how you're somehow entitled to being protected from consequences of same without having to take any steps to protect/help yourselves, which are all easy, readily available to everyone, and far too numerous to list here, even if they hadn't already been being listed for the last 90-odd pages. And in the forums for the last 8-odd years.

But just because you choose to be a victim, doesn't mean everyone else does -- a proper miner would shudder in revulsion at the concept; Yes, there still are some! -- nor yet is everyone else obligated to sacrifice gameplay so you can continue to be safe on your greasy fear-sweat-dripping/stinking pedestal of sanctimonious victim-hood.

EVE is a game about taking your safety, business, and fun into your own hands.

If you can't/won't handle that, then there are plenty of bland, safe, easy MMOs out there, go play them, and quit trying to turn EVE into another one like them. There's a reason so many are going/have gone free-to-play/pay-to-win, if they weren't before.

[/mini-rant]

The irony of course being that if you know so from mining firsthand you are in fact a carebear yourself, and if you don't you are a theorycrafter, which is much worse.
Tarryn Nightstorm
#1855 - 2012-07-29 19:26:41 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
LIssa Ho wrote:
The new mining stuff sucks. So much so, that I'm going to start flying my miner alt just so I can gank him myself! Stupid miner!

I'm going to gank myself. You should try it too! Gank yourself. It's fun!

I tried sticking a model of the Itty V up my bunghole. It was more fun, but it bled so much I had to stop.

Try the Itty III.

It's smoother.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1856 - 2012-07-29 19:32:18 UTC
Just a friendly little reminder to everyone, please post constructively and politely. Thanks Cool

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1857 - 2012-07-29 19:42:49 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
JamesCLK wrote:
Serpentine's EVE wrote:

tldr;

Eat your hearts out. P

They're made by ORE and are noncombat ships so why would they need resists? You can't tell me belt rats are that threatening.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Dave stark
#1858 - 2012-07-29 19:47:42 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
JamesCLK wrote:
Serpentine's EVE wrote:

tldr;

Eat your hearts out. P

They're made by ORE and are noncombat ships so why would they need resists? You can't tell me belt rats are that threatening.

i assume you've not tried tanking a triple bs rat spawn in 0.0 with a hulk have you? it's not exactly like running a level 2 in a drake...
Tarryn Nightstorm
#1859 - 2012-07-29 19:48:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Mocam wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Suqq Madiq wrote:
Get over your preconceived notion that mining ships must be profitable gank targets.

They're not profitable gank targets unless the Miners choose to hold a bullseye over their face.

No, "profitability" isn't that big an issue to most. It's getting more expensive kills cheaply - without anyone seeing that they lost anything in their "KB stats". 5 BC's ganking a single hulk... each PERSON involved will only show a hulk kill - no loss info shows.
[...]

Miner has combat drones out, sets them to "aggressive." Free killmail for the miner, even if they lose their ship.

Next!

E:

Lots of typing-fail today, fixed Bear

Lilianna Star
Vagrant Empress
#1860 - 2012-07-29 19:54:33 UTC
Quote:
Good to know we are still steaming, full speed ahead! - towards Hello-Kitty highsec, a paradise for bots and stupidass gameplay.

Wait, so you're actually complaining that high security is a haven for carebears?

If you don't like carebear gameplay, most of the New Eden is in Null Sec so you can go there. Blink