These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Incarna/WiS Disappointment

First post First post First post
Author
Misanth
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
#581 - 2012-07-27 17:56:57 UTC
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
Misanth wrote:
You know that thing CCP Wrangler said; "EVE is a dark and harsh world, you're supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in, you're not supposed to feel like you're logging in to a happy, happy, fluffy, fluffy lala land filled with fun and adventures, that's what hello kitty online is for.".

This is why we're locked into a room, with no social interaction. We're supposed to be angry, bitter, hate, and hopefully go AFK or log off to reduce the load on the server.

I am sure ccp Wrangler being the dark and harsh guy happily will swap your CQ door with an Airlock hatch

Excellent comeback, sir, I chuckled iRL and awarded you with a +like.

AFK-cloaking in a system near you.

Annie Freemont
Doomheim
#582 - 2012-07-27 18:46:43 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
I think if safe to assume the vaste majority of EvE Online players want CCP resources on FiS.

I think it's safe to say that a vast majority of GD forum warriors want FIS. I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of Eve players don't look at or post in the forums, or at least not in GD. There are probably as many or more players that want WIS than what we have in these forums who are against it. They just don't post in here .

Yes, I am an alt.

Pipa Porto
#583 - 2012-07-27 18:56:22 UTC
Annie Freemont wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
I think if safe to assume the vaste majority of EvE Online players want CCP resources on FiS.

I think it's safe to say that a vast majority of GD forum warriors want FIS. I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of Eve players don't look at or post in the forums, or at least not in GD. There are probably as many or more players that want WIS than what we have in these forums who are against it. They just don't post in here .

Decisions are made by those who show up.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Syphon Lodian
Fabled Enterprises
#584 - 2012-07-27 19:17:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Syphon Lodian
Incarna was fine, however the lack of FiS was definitely a problem. It wasn't the problem it was made out to be, but it was hyper-inflated to epic proportions at the time, due to a few things:

1: Occupy Wall Street was happening at the same time, thus rebellion was in the air, and people sated their anarchy lust the best they could; by poo-pooing a video game and shooting a video game statue.

2: The controversy surrounding "Greed is Good", and the general lack of respect of the players that was portrayed by management, and "marketing".

3: A lapse in FiS development.

4. The monocle, and the inflated prices of the "NeX".

5: I can't stress #1 enough. It really was the deciding factor. Goons threw their fit and the sheep followed, because this was in the air across the globe.

All of this was needed, had #1 not existed at the time, then #2 could have been begrudgingly accepted, but people were sick of corporate **** at the time so it was taken as a God Tier Personal Insult; #3 felt like the 1% got together to play an inside joke on EVE players. Had this had occurred at a time when #1 was not present, then people would have been more patient, the direction would have continued, we probably would have seen a lapse with Incarna for a bonus update for FiS, and the rest of WiS would have been released in increments as we speak.
Mechael
Tribal Liberation Distribution and Retail
#585 - 2012-07-27 23:32:10 UTC
Syphon Lodian wrote:

I'm sure you meant, "The NeX. Period."

Whether or not you win the game matters not.  It's if you bought it.

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#586 - 2012-07-28 01:17:15 UTC
Syphon Lodian wrote:
Incarna was fine, however the lack of FiS was definitely a problem. It wasn't the problem it was made out to be, but it was hyper-inflated to epic proportions at the time, due to a few things:

1: Occupy Wall Street was happening at the same time, thus rebellion was in the air, and people sated their anarchy lust the best they could; by poo-pooing a video game and shooting a video game statue.

2: The controversy surrounding "Greed is Good", and the general lack of respect of the players that was portrayed by management, and "marketing".

5: I can't stress #1 enough. It really was the deciding factor. Goons threw their fit and the sheep followed, because this was in the air across the globe.

All of this was needed, had #1 not existed at the time, then #2 could have been begrudgingly accepted, but people were sick of corporate **** at the time so it was taken as a God Tier Personal Insult; #3 felt like the 1% got together to play an inside joke on EVE players. Had this had occurred at a time when #1 was not present, then people would have been more patient, the direction would have continued, we probably would have seen a lapse with Incarna for a bonus update for FiS, and the rest of WiS would have been released in increments as we speak.

hi

Shooting a statue was not the thing that woke CCP up to the fact that they were pissing their only product down the toilet, though it helped to frame the media narrative. Tens of thousands of accounts quietly unsubscribing and going to play something else, because players lost faith that CCP was ever going to listen or act to fix long-standing issues because they were spellbound by projected monocle sales, was the shock to the system that gave us back the FiS focus.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#587 - 2012-07-29 04:05:59 UTC
Hang on, did they mean "after the 19th of August"???

A little confused on how a blog that was finished takes so long.
Xantos Semah
#588 - 2012-07-29 05:26:26 UTC
Very disapointed Cry

REMOVE LOCAL !!!

Xantos Semah
#589 - 2012-07-29 06:49:50 UTC
I mean VERY.... VERY disapointed Evil

REMOVE LOCAL !!!

Irya Boone
The Scope
#590 - 2012-07-29 09:19:14 UTC
need my blog

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#591 - 2012-07-29 11:14:08 UTC
Soulpirate wrote:
Hang on, did they mean "after the 19th of August"???

A little confused on how a blog that was finished takes so long.

Esteemed release dates so far are: May 29th - July 19th - ?

Soon (TM) as usual.

(And then mind you that it's not exactly a blog about WiS as in "something-new-we-have-been-buying-from-6-years-of-teasers", but about WiS as in "same-old-FiS-crap-on-foot").

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Lilliana Stelles
#592 - 2012-07-29 20:26:58 UTC
CCP's presence in this topic appears to have vanished.... along with the devblog.

Not a forum alt. 

Aooz
Doomheim
#593 - 2012-07-29 21:44:37 UTC
Why are people still playing this antiquated game?
Pipa Porto
#594 - 2012-07-29 23:04:37 UTC

Aooz wrote:

'Cause it's better than all the rest?

-RubyPorto

Mechael
#595 - 2012-07-29 23:34:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Mechael
Aooz wrote:

Not sure why you believe that EVE is antiquated. Seems to be ahead of the curve if you ask me. So far ahead, in fact, that the executives of CCP decided to dial it back by giving in to the F2P/P2W craze, and are slowly making it less and less of a simulation and more and more like every other game (but in space!) with each expansion. This isn't anything new, though, it's been happening since release. CONCORD? Missions!? WTF? P Was much better without them.

EDIT: I was going to say that there have been a few notable exceptions ... but then I realized ... not really. Still, it's easily the best game out there despite all of that.

EDIT2: Well, okay, I can give it a couple ... Trinity is an arguable exception, but it was mostly only a graphics patch. Same with Quantum Rise, which was mostly just a back-end performance patch. The rest of them had some pretty serious issues, going all the way back to the very beginning and up until this most recent one.

Jonas Xiamon
#596 - 2012-07-29 23:36:27 UTC
Mechael wrote:
Aooz wrote:

Not sure why you believe that EVE is antiquated. Seems to be ahead of the curve if you ask me. So far ahead, in fact, that the executives of CCP decided to dial it back by giving in to the F2P/P2W craze, and are slowly making it less and less of a simulation and more and more like every other game (but in space!) with each expansion. This isn't anything new, though, it's been happening since release. CONCORD? Missions!? WTF? P Was much better without them.

Bittervets gunna bittervet

I usally write one of these and then change it a month later when I reread it and decide it sounds stupid.

Mechael
#597 - 2012-07-29 23:40:32 UTC
Jonas Xiamon wrote:
Mechael wrote:
Aooz wrote:

Bittervets gunna bittervet

Bitterness passed a long time ago and is slowly crystallizing into plain old ordinary disinterest and the desire to make my own games. Pirate

Pipa Porto
#598 - 2012-07-29 23:44:09 UTC
Mechael wrote:
Bitterness passed a long time ago and is slowly crystallizing into plain old ordinary disinterest and the desire to make my own games. Pirate

You know there's a funny statistic.

Iceland hosts the only MMO game company whose first released game was a successful paid MMO and whose MMO is still active.

-RubyPorto

Tian Jade
Bad Bumblebee Incorporated
#599 - 2012-07-30 00:25:13 UTC
And what now?

There were some aspects of the game that desperatly needed an update a lot of them still do. But with Incarna effectivly abandoned the game is in danger to become stale.

Ironically the end result reinforced what a lot of veterans already perceived, CCP is not capable to ever finish one of their projects. Incursions were the last semi successful expansion in years and they nerfed it into the ground. Planetary interaction? The whole thing is a bad joke, stripped of all interesting features before even entering the test phase and that is just one example of all the other failed expansions.

CCP is still heading into the same direction, a new inventory no one really asked for. Alchemy for Technetium is basically just their way of saying they won't fix anything.

About Dust I can already predict what will happen: Broken, half assed features and complaints going on about them for years until Dust is forgotten by console and EVE players.
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#600 - 2012-07-30 00:42:47 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Syphon Lodian wrote:

hi

Shooting a statue was not the thing that woke CCP up to the fact that they were pissing their only product down the toilet, though it helped to frame the media narrative. Tens of thousands of accounts quietly unsubscribing and going to play something else, because players lost faith that CCP was ever going to listen or act to fix long-standing issues because they were spellbound by projected monocle sales, was the shock to the system that gave us back the FiS focus.

Sorry but I disagree, there were 3 in space expansions before incarna that all sucks and all had more devs and more work put into them than crucible. That means they could of worked on WiS and still made that kick ass expansion. But they didn't, and blaming it on WiS is stupid as ****

people left becuase not only were they not listening, but WiS SUCKED. everything thing was badly lit, minmatar *even inside ammar stations* and was ****. you didn't want to show people eve like that. And the last 3 2 years had terible expansions too so the in space cword was leaving as well. incarna was the final nail in the coffin, they weren't just no listening, they weren't doing a good job at what they said was so important to them. WiS. It was a terrible project that never should of been released in that state.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg