These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Alliance & Corporation Recruitment Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

***R-v-B -- The MOST active PVP community in EVE

First post First post First post
Author
Honor Dread
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#341 - 2012-07-10 18:04:02 UTC
So I am going to make the plunge and join RvB today. My main question before diving in though is what is the US TZ pvp like? Does it cover both EU and US?
Mangala Solaris
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#342 - 2012-07-10 18:13:30 UTC
Honor Dread wrote:
So I am going to make the plunge and join RvB today. My main question before diving in though is what is the US TZ pvp like? Does it cover both EU and US?

Check the killboards for your main TZ its busy pretty much all the time, except the small hours before and after DT.

Delucian
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#343 - 2012-07-10 19:34:51 UTC
I am on anytime between 7pm CST and 12pm CST and can tell you that it is plenty active.

...the big down side is that Mangala is across the pond and I not on when I am. What?
Tillimitrus Sand
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#344 - 2012-07-12 21:40:03 UTC
Honor Dread wrote:

I usually play between Eve 0200 and 04 or 0500 as I am US west TZ. You will see about 30 or 40 members of each corp online. Sometimes more sometimes less. I would say 75% of the time there is at least a 15 man fleet up on both sides; sometimes cruisers down and sometimes just frigs. Additionally, there are probably around 3 to 10 solo capsuleers on both sides out and about solo hunting each other and playing station games. o7
If you want to fly safe then dock up. I always fly deadly. - Xeris 7
Crackcase
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#345 - 2012-07-14 04:11:26 UTC
I'm interested in joining. I've had an account for awhile but never really played past running a few missions occasionally. I've rejoined specifically to pvp but I'm a total noob. I don't wanna be a noob anymore. East coast us.
Zerge Bacon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#346 - 2012-07-15 00:34:49 UTC
Crackcase wrote:
I'm interested in joining. I've had an account for awhile but never really played past running a few missions occasionally. I've rejoined specifically to pvp but I'm a total noob. I don't wanna be a noob anymore. East coast us.

This is the place for you man! Fit up 10 frigates and get exploding!

I promise before they are all gone you will feel less noob! Not only that you will meet a lot of cool people more than willing to help you with questions you have.

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. ~The Ugly

Agnar Volta
State War Academy
Caldari State
#347 - 2012-07-15 12:47:53 UTC
Go go RVB!!!

Lots of love to our champions in the Alliance Tournament.
Heroni Terona
Black Dragon PHP
Brave Collective
#348 - 2012-07-15 14:48:26 UTC
Mangala Solaris
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#349 - 2012-07-16 11:58:55 UTC
Following a successful weekend for RvB in the 10th Alliance Tournament - if you were not watching then Id go to youtube and catch up - RvB is continuing on with its day to day mission to blow each other up in fun ways without any of the drama that accompanies Sov Warfare, neutral reppers, falcon alts and the like.

So why not join up today!
Lerasa
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#350 - 2012-07-16 12:02:24 UTC
Jita ffa last night with over 100 frigs. Much fun was had Big smile
Tillimitrus Sand
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#351 - 2012-07-17 18:48:04 UTC
Bump!

Starting up duo and trio gangs for low sec/null hunting in all timezones soon. If your guns/drones/launchers/kitchen sink are cold you are not doing it right. Join RvB where weapons glow red, use awesome sauce for ammo and have green flashy circles every night! Blink

o7...RvB little brothers, vidy well.
Nevermore Akiga
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#352 - 2012-07-18 17:01:02 UTC
RVB makes me wana login eve even when i have only like 15 mins or half hour spare time. and i had gf most of the time.
Tillimitrus Sand
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#353 - 2012-07-18 23:11:27 UTC
Nevermore Akiga wrote:
RVB makes me wana login eve even when i have only like 15 mins or half hour spare time. and i had gf most of the time.

First minute or two of a RvB life after log in.

Undock. Warp drive active. Swish. Load grid. O.o wampa wampa wampa yellow box. Pew pew zap pew zap zap boom poow zap pew pew. Blob lands. O.O wampa wampa wampa PEWPEWPEWZAPZAPSWISHPEWZAP…beep beep beep. AHHHHH! Deagres deagres spam spam. Gate Activated…whoo close one. Load grid. Wampa wampa wampa point/web crusader. NOOOOZ! Pew pew zap zap pew zap BOOMPFTS-insurance payout…lootz! Gf, Gf,gF,gf,GF.

Much fun had by all. \o/
Cool
Ad Vesperum
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#354 - 2012-07-20 08:56:10 UTC
I would be interested in joining the RvB ongoing warfare, I have played eve on and off since 03 an just want to PVP when I log on I have 30m sp and ready to join if you let me?

Thanks for your time
Mangala Solaris
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#355 - 2012-07-20 10:01:19 UTC
Ad Vesperum wrote:
I would be interested in joining the RvB ongoing warfare, I have played eve on and off since 03 an just want to PVP when I log on I have 30m sp and ready to join if you let me?

Thanks for your time

Pick a side, move some ships to the main combat areas of The Forge, then apply to your chosen side.

Simple as that.
Zidane Silver
Fallen Explorers
#356 - 2012-07-20 21:16:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Zidane Silver
Had a great time in RVB! Anyone new/old/bored or whatever should consider it for easy going fun and a great learning experience.

Some things I learned:

-looking for solo kills in a frig usually finds you a quick death by destroyer or assault frig.
-WAY more active in EU TZ but I had plenty to shoot in US TZ
-if you like cruisers prepare to die from being prime target
-if you like thorax you enjoy pain
-t2 fit merlins are quite good. buffer fit in group or ASB for solo was my preference.
-there (blue side at least) were corp contracts for 1x, 5x and 10x bulk buys for merlins and thrashers
-cyclones are bait! it was pretty weird but it worked.
-make your own bookmarks. some people change from red to blue and the other way for balancing. sometimes your corp safe is not so safe.
-participate in at LEAST 1 purple fleet. god are they fun.

For new players/new pvp players

-Go die. many times. If losing a ship isn't fun then you're not using full potential.
-After losing ships and getting past the loss sadness join the fleet ASAP.
-fly a punisher or merlin in fleets if you don't want to be the first few to die.
-if you are beating someone and they jump through the gate be wary of following.
-if you ask for 1v1 also request your opponent fly a similar ship. merlin vs harpy/hawk is rough.
-the fleet that chases through a gate typically loses the engagement.

Couldn't post main account but here's KB link:

Zidane KB (Open in new tab for it to work).
Tillimitrus Sand
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#357 - 2012-07-20 22:37:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Tillimitrus Sand
Double posting
Tillimitrus Sand
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#358 - 2012-07-24 18:22:29 UTC
I know what you are thinking. You have just started playing Eve, maybe this is your main or a new alt, you want to get into PvP but you are low SP, low in isk and most of all low in experience and knowledge. You see the chats saying you need l33t skillz or tons of isk if not you will just get owned over and over. Still, you desire to pew and to that end you now find yourself in this thread reading this post.

PvP is arguably the most developed and enjoyable part of Eve Online. Whether they hunt solo or fly in blobs the Combat Capsuleer plays for the love of pew, the killmails and lastly, and least, the lootz. There are few more exciting events than the yellow box; the thundering of your heart as you land the point and drop into optimal...victory or defeat it is all about the pew. But how can you afford pew? How can you gain the knowledge and experience to make the pew “fun”? Well little brothers you have landed on grid with the right thread you have.

Red vs Blue presents you with a most unique opportunity. The ability to pew in the convenience of high security space near low cost trade hubs coupled with a standardization on low-end ship hulls and a never ending enemy to pew. On top of that a culmination of some of the most experienced Combat Capsuleers in all of Eve ready to help and stand by you-without the backstabbing and politics found elsewhere.

To help newer players, and old alike, I have started hosting “T1 Frig Fight Club” on Thursday evenings. We form a fleet, drop some cans at a safe with ammo and fight 1v1 in turn. We fight for keeps or just to structure, spectators are welcome. This is a great way for new players to learn frig PvP with practically no cost and a way for Veterans to test fits and “fill in the gaps”. That way when you are ready to land on grid for the real deal, you will still be low skill point wise but you will already be a Combat Capsuleer.

Join RvB today, just submit an application or hit our RVB channel in game. See you in fleet.

o7 Blue and Red alike. gf
Tribal Solidarity
Garoun Investment Bank
#359 - 2012-07-25 20:26:50 UTC
I endorse this product and or service.

Also, Garron Flintex gave me AIDs.

P.p.s if you have questions about RvB or want to expedite your application process, drop me a message in-game.
Metal ReDeemer
Altermis Heavy Industries
#360 - 2012-07-25 23:30:50 UTC
Any suggestions on what race to choose if I want to join either of the alliances on a freshly created toon? Or it doesn't really matter?