These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SOMER Blink - Microlotteries that Finish in Minutes! 1 QUADRILLION ISK Won!

First post First post First post
Author
Lord Jasta
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#1101 - 2012-07-12 19:20:21 UTC
I won 5.45 bill on a mini bonk and was paid out in undr 12 hours, I have also won over 500 ships that have all been delivered to my favorite high sec system in under 24. The caps I have won also have a very fast delivery rate. I love blink and i love the fact ive made several billions in winnings. Like every other lottery its random so you wont always win but thats part of the fun.

My only wish is that somber would contact you when you win a dread or carrier and give you some options as to what low sec systems are avalible for delivery. 3-4 cynos to move a dread sucks but when your getting them for 500-900 mill who cres :D

Long time blinker and will always play.
Matthew97
#1102 - 2012-07-13 01:44:15 UTC
I Won O_O

Holy **** - I never win anything!
Replacement 234
Tremor Recorded
#1103 - 2012-07-15 01:35:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Replacement 234
Congratualions to all the winners! Congratulations on doing what it took to put yourself in a position to win.

Never Forget - Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity.

And for you few whiners who complained about me tossing out 50k of tokens on a minibonk and said there was no reason for you to play after seeing that - I just took a quick stroll thru the reams of pages and I think the best I did somewhere around 52,000th place. Never give up, Never quit, Every ticket has an equal chance whether it is a Giga, bonk, micro lottery.

It may please you to know that I still have a few million tokens to toss out and maybe I can improve on my bonk winning rate. I can't even find my bonk win rate - i am sure Andrev can find it and I'd be happy for him to post it here. I know I have won more than one, but I'd be really suprised if it was four. There has to be a Bonk achievement so do some research if you like.

All I can find is my Promo Blinks Played 1,333 and Promo Blinks Won 6

On the giga - every one of those tickets has to be bought before it is over - If you got beat, it was your ticket against the other ticket - there are no personalities, it is just numbers. If only one ticket is left, it only takes one ticket to win and second place just means you are the leader of all the other losers. I almost always give it 15 or 20 minutes to run so everybody who is awake has a chance to select as many of their favorite numbers as they have put themselves in a position to buy and then buy out what's left. Many times I never get a ticket that way. And every now and then I exercise my perogative, the same everyone else who been careful and planned ahead has, and let my FPS mouse loose to fire at as many targets of opportunity it cares to.

After I took three straight gigas, nobody remembered the ten plus losses I've had with as many or more tickets.

I started this game with 5000 ISK and a crappy ship. What is your excuse?

I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope you all GET RICH! It will take the whiners longer because they lose focus, but I hope they get there, too.

On a happier note, I have a great Army Reunion (my OCS Class - OC10-70) that means the 10th class to graduate in 1970, it was 26 weeks then and we started in early November '69 (Thank God for Christmas Break) Maybe I can post a pic and give a prize to the first one who guesses which one I am! I have my wife and a guest who lives not far away, an Army Nurse I know from Vietnam who has been a really wonderful friend over the years.
Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1104 - 2012-07-15 07:28:55 UTC
Replacement 234 wrote:
Maybe I can post a pic and give a prize to the first one who guesses which one I am! I have my wife and a guest who lives not far away, an Army Nurse I know from Vietnam who has been a really wonderful friend over the years.

Well damn, there goes my only clue of you being a semi young blond with short hair, unless you modeled your avatar after your wife/gf/friend you mentioned.

On the subject of blink, I turned 100 mil into 5 bil a bit ago and am now damn scared to touch it again. I know it's all random, major tinfoilhattery aside, but can't shake the feeling lady luck wants to rake me over the coals for winning for a while.

Anyway, bump for a good service.
PMolkenthin
Nostalgia Inc.
#1105 - 2012-07-15 10:54:43 UTC
My god thats addictive!!! First Blink, 1 ticket, won a Naglfar!! :D
Replacement 234
Tremor Recorded
#1106 - 2012-07-15 13:02:19 UTC
Anhenka wrote:
Replacement 234 wrote:
Maybe I can post a pic and give a prize to the first one who guesses which one I am! I have my wife and a guest who lives not far away, an Army Nurse I know from Vietnam who has been a really wonderful friend over the years.

Well damn, there goes my only clue of you being a semi young blond with short hair, unless you modeled your avatar after your wife/gf/friend you mentioned.

On the subject of blink, I turned 100 mil into 5 bil a bit ago and am now damn scared to touch it again. I know it's all random, major tinfoilhattery aside, but can't shake the feeling lady luck wants to rake me over the coals for winning for a while.

Anyway, bump for a good service.

Actually, my avatar was created by a friend who is working hard to move from oil painting portraiture to digital portraiture. She was interested in the Eve program for creating avatars and asked if she could use a wedding picture of my wife to create this avatar. There were many limitations with the software and very few poeple would snap their fingers and say, "Damn!, that's a ringer." But fortunately, just by coincidence, I happened to be present for our wedding ! So in this avatar, I can see the close resemblance in may ways. She is 9 years younger than I am, we've been married for 16 years and I'm in the middle prime of my 65th year. So the avatar is a little younger appearing than she was, but she has always been beautiful to me. When we met. I actually thought she was too young for me and below my lower limit for who I would ask out, but a mutual friend encouraged me with the phase, "You'll be surprised!" when I expressed my concern for her age. She looked 28 to me then and I have always accused her not aging a day since then.

And my friend the Nurse was never a girlfriend in that sense of the word. But I would consider her to be the reason I am alive today, Vietnam vets, and perhaps all war veterans have a very special place in their hearts for Nurses who cared for them and who we watched do phenomenal things for others who made it and for those unfortunates who did not. Nurses who slept thru the sound mortar fire, rolled out of cots into trenches when the mortar impacts became too close, greeted their new patients with a reasuring smile and the standard line they often knew was untrue but delivered in a way to subside fear and instill confidence, "You're gonna be ok." to 18-19 year old kids who were still covered with the dirt of the battlefield - well, they cannot escape our view of their hero status.

My wife is a 20 year Army retiree, and her rank when we me met threw me off of her age, too. But she did not join till she was 30 after she ran away from home and a very bad marriage. She was not a nurse, but received a direct commision as a military historian and never worked as one, spending her career working in personel. so it was lucky that we met, because I worked in anti-personnel.

Thank you for admiring the love of my life, well,,,, sorta,,,,,,

And congrats on the good fortune, just never try to bet your way thru a losing streek, conserve your capital if lady luck gets a little bitchy and survive to bet another day, I think Luck only works for about 10-12% of my time. so i'll spend a few minutes looking at the stats page and look at the four numbers which have hit the least (thinking they may be cold, but could turn hot) and looking at the four numbers which have been hitting (thinking they may still be hot but could turn cold). Then I will spend a few minutes seeing what number are actually winning, then bet my shoe size. No forget the shoe size! Anyway, I know that over time, but never know how much time or even if I will live long enough to see it, the hits on the numbers will even out. But I want to go with success, so I keep my eye what is hitting. When I'm energetic and dedicated, I'll even run the winning number into a spreadshit that is always under construction. But never try to bet your way out of a slump - take a break - when you retrn start looking at the numbers afresh and when you think you have three which will work, place ten straight bets and cheap shots using those numbers and see how you do. Can your wins cover your losses? and continue to refine. Rare is when you get a set of numbers which will work for long. Sure, you can pick 4 constant numbers and each one has a 1 in 8 chance, but when all four are in a slump, then you are trying to bet your way thru a losing streak. You can win over time, but can you afford it or live that long? The 16s just don't have enough data to crunch, unless you are very patient and are willing to wait through an hour long rorq for one data point when you could have played 50-75 8tix games. You can make the 16s go faster by starting less expensive ones like the plex or the carrier SB, but if the board has rorq and moros asleep with only half the field taken for 40 minutes, you are not getting the faster moving items introduced. Betting the bigs with lots of tix makes the risk/reward skew very unfavorablly. Take 75% of the chances to win and one loss will take three wins to over come it. That means over the stretch of time we cannot predict, you'll just about break even and a losing streak of 3 or 4 will take a wining streak of 9 or 12 to break even. With the stakes on the bigs, every ticket price is critical - your success with a 10 ticket strategy, that works, will reap huge dividends or the 12 ticket strategy. But every strategy depends on selecting numbers that are being abnormally actively. Every number goes thru a cycle over that unknown period of time where it is abnormally active. Each number has the liklihood of being abnormally active in such a way that is barely noticeable or is a standout which is liable to go from hot to not in one toss.

Good Luck & succes
Titanium PIg
Escape Velocity Enterprises
#1107 - 2012-07-15 14:14:07 UTC
Congratulations to this weeks lucky winners:-

Kevda1 - 58.21B (wtf, again ? What?)
Sir Sniper - 5.29B
spreaders - Super Implants
Martis Gradivus - 5B Credit
Heaven Sender - Capital Buffet
Tridik - Pirate Pack

Only 29T to go to the next massive party, hope to see you there.

p.s. I'm afk for a bit, need to go out a buy some sunglasses to shield my eyes from the ungodly walls of text that keep appearing...
Ugh

Georgia Jones
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1108 - 2012-07-15 14:30:38 UTC
I've never really won any isk here. pretty disappointing really
Sierra Skyy
Mining Missioning And Cargo Security Services
#1109 - 2012-07-15 17:24:12 UTC
It says on the Somer Blink site that as of now, players have taken home over 270 trillion ISK worth of prizes. Just checking to see if that's really true, cuz that seems like a lot of prizes people are winning!

Thanks

Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1110 - 2012-07-15 18:54:07 UTC
Sierra Skyy wrote:
It says on the Somer Blink site that as of now, players have taken home over 270 trillion ISK worth of prizes. Just checking to see if that's really true, cuz that seems like a lot of prizes people are winning!

Thanks

Players have won 270 trillion in prizes.

Frequently they sell those back to Somer for more blink credit to continue blinking with, like cashing out poker chips in order to buy token for slot machines.
Sierra Skyy
Mining Missioning And Cargo Security Services
#1111 - 2012-07-16 00:58:16 UTC
Anhenka wrote:
Sierra Skyy wrote:

Thanks

Frequently they sell those back to Somer for more blink credit to continue blinking with, like cashing out poker chips in order to buy token for slot machines.

I appreciate your answer. Can someone from Somer Blink staff please confirm this?

Thank you.

Sar'ran Zorn
St. Albans' Refuge
#1112 - 2012-07-16 01:31:32 UTC
What are you trying to confirm? It says it on the site. People can pick the ship, isk, or blink credit, whichever they want.
Wendy Hills
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1113 - 2012-07-16 01:44:02 UTC
It might be helpful and informative to view Sierra Skyy's previous forum post history, by being logged in and clicking on her avatar.
Dilligafmofo
3WAYFOUNDATIONS
Job's Done.
#1114 - 2012-07-16 09:19:09 UTC
Sierra Skyy wrote:
Anhenka wrote:
Sierra Skyy wrote:

Thanks

I appreciate your answer. Can someone from Somer Blink staff please confirm this?

Thank you.

It may be worth you watching the counter on the site. As players win prizes, that counter increases to the value of items won. It is hardly rocket science, even for you I'm sure, to see that the figure would be correct.

Not sure which wannabe / copycat site your main is from, but it is getting quite tiresome watching pillocks trying to stir a sh1t pot that doesn't have sh1t in it. Roll
JusFooling Around
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1115 - 2012-07-16 22:49:40 UTC
Sierra skyyyyy oh yy

Not as smart as you, I don't have hair.

But wouldn't you think that every time they post a new number, which happens every time a Blink, promo, bonk, minibonk or giga ends, or an achievement is met - that the posting of the new ammount would be a form of confirmation?

Or are you thinking someone might just post, "Those numbers, nahhh, that's a bunch of baloney!"

Do you want someone to make a statement so when you convene your grand jury in the court of Hague, that you will have a "gotcha" based on pixels and are they really playing from home?

You know you are always asking questions which have quite obvious answers. Makes others wonder about your motivation.

BTW Have you ever heard of Space-ship Barbie? or the jita local chat? You can't go there without tripping over a scammer, but every rock here has been thorougly examined and now we are down to defining when something is "taken home"?

whoa! did you see that? looked like a flying saucer - somebodsy ought to look into that!!!!

Have fun, we are certainly entertained.

btw - not worth anything but a first draft - feel free to point out typos
Hale Egdald
Industrial Mining and Mayhem
Sigma Grindset
#1116 - 2012-07-18 17:52:45 UTC
I feel like I should post here, just too feel important... (and blink is awesome)
Babar Baboli
Walrus Mafia
SONS of BANE
#1117 - 2012-07-21 10:27:43 UTC
Could someone tell me what I have to do for the 'Addiction' award?
Pasocon Otaku
#1118 - 2012-07-23 06:24:06 UTC
Addiction
Play a Blink every day for 30 days.
Babar Baboli
Walrus Mafia
SONS of BANE
#1119 - 2012-07-23 09:29:11 UTC
Pasocon Otaku wrote:
Addiction
Play a Blink every day for 30 days.

Thank you!