These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

POS Tracker - FGV - 5.2.1

Author
Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#21 - 2011-09-15 21:42:52 UTC
We are also having the problem of it not remembering what sorting you want to do. However, we have over come this with a bookmark: https://URL/track.php?sd=100&sb=1

This sets it to 100 and sorts on status. I'm a little disappointed the 'update' column went away, but over all, pretty happy.

Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2011-09-15 21:51:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Frozen Guardian
Kismeteer wrote:
We are also having the problem of it not remembering what sorting you want to do. However, we have over come this with a bookmark: https://URL/track.php?sd=100&sb=1

This sets it to 100 and sorts on status. I'm a little disappointed the 'update' column went away, but over all, pretty happy.



What sort selection do you select?

I can't duplicate this issue at all lol. What version are you both on also?

Does it save tower amounts or is that defaulting also?

All I can think is maybe a file was missing into the update.

Edit: Checked the files and they were in the 5.1.4 update like they should have been.

-FG
Brynden Blackfish
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2011-09-16 01:25:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Brynden Blackfish
Does this use a database abstraction layer that supports sqlite?

I'd rather load this locally, but I'm conscientious of my system resources. A full MySQL database for POS tracking seems a bit heavy.

Edit: By the way, this seems very useful. Thanks!
Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#24 - 2011-09-16 13:17:21 UTC
Frozen Guardian wrote:

What sort selection do you select?

I can't duplicate this issue at all lol. What version are you both on also?

Does it save tower amounts or is that defaulting also?


Hrm, I think it only picks it up at login time. Now, it seems to be working fine. If you set it, and then go back to pos track, it doesn't use the 'set' amount, I think. Not particularly stressed about it then.
Mjollnir Arcote
The Praxis Initiative
Gentlemen's Agreement
#25 - 2011-09-16 15:09:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Mjollnir Arcote
Yeah the updating the user settings doesnt update the values stored in the current session. I've been telling my guys to just logout and back in when changing a user setting then the new value is used.

I've only had a quick look at it so far but it looks like an easy fix, I plan to fix it on the PRAX instance this weekend, when I do I'll send you the patch FG.

Well actually just had another look, fix is in http://code.google.com/p/pos-tracker-eve/issues/detail?id=40
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2011-09-16 15:53:56 UTC
Mjollnir Arcote wrote:
Yeah the updating the user settings doesnt update the values stored in the current session. I've been telling my guys to just logout and back in when changing a user setting then the new value is used.

I've only had a quick look at it so far but it looks like an easy fix, I plan to fix it on the PRAX instance this weekend, when I do I'll send you the patch FG.

Well actually just had another look, fix is in http://code.google.com/p/pos-tracker-eve/issues/detail?id=40


Thx, added to 5.1.7. Quite interesting though and I wouldn't have really noticed this because I didn't have to log out and back in to notice the changes. But I can see the typo.

-FG
Descention
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2011-09-26 18:49:14 UTC
Added 3 patches. One expanding on Mjollnir Arcote's patch for the other settings. Two are for the mailer, fixing the required fuel column and refraining from emailing directors, who are also fuel techs, more than once.
Descention
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2011-09-30 14:49:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Descention
Brynden Blackfish wrote:
Does this use a database abstraction layer that supports sqlite?

I'd rather load this locally, but I'm conscientious of my system resources. A full MySQL database for POS tracking seems a bit heavy.

Edit: By the way, this seems very useful. Thanks!


The project does use ADODB for PHP which does support sqlite. I haven't tried it out myself but here's a link that says it is supported: http://phplens.com/adodb/supported.databases.html

The project does not currently support the abstraction. I'm looking into what's required.
Schweine Schwarte
Deliverers of Pain
#29 - 2011-10-03 13:47:19 UTC
some Pictures would be nice ;)
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2011-10-03 18:06:43 UTC
Schweine Schwarte wrote:
some Pictures would be nice ;)


Ask and you shall receive. (note the navigation shown in this isn't exactly out yet)

These are test towers so none of the information shown is real and I select random regions for testing. So no spies you won't find any useful information in here. Sorries :(

Admin Panel

Fuel Bill

Fuel Calculator

POS Track

Production

View POS

-FG
Mikokoel
New Order Outreach Division
CODE.
#31 - 2011-10-04 17:41:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Mikokoel
Hi Frozen Guardian,

i have some questions about installing your POS-Tracker.
While uploading the package with my crappy internet, i noticed the many images and sql files.

We are already running another EvE-Tool, a production manager written by me, and so we already have some Static DataDump tables on our webserver.

How can I change the POS-Tracker, so i uses the other Tables as well, or do I have to use duplicate tables?

Mikokoel

Edit:
another thing, is the whole "Template" thing still working? Can i change the template files so that i can match the design to our forum and production tool?

Mikokoel | Head FC League of Unaligned Master Pilots

Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2011-10-04 21:12:04 UTC
Mikokoel wrote:
Hi Frozen Guardian,

i have some questions about installing your POS-Tracker.
While uploading the package with my crappy internet, i noticed the many images and sql files.

We are already running another EvE-Tool, a production manager written by me, and so we already have some Static DataDump tables on our webserver.

How can I change the POS-Tracker, so i uses the other Tables as well, or do I have to use duplicate tables?

Mikokoel

Edit:
another thing, is the whole "Template" thing still working? Can i change the template files so that i can match the design to our forum and production tool?


Will probably need to use duplicate tables because unless those tables have the same name as the rest with pos3_ (or w/e variation you have during install) something is bound to break. I guess you could technically change the SQL commands(within class.pos.php) to directly point to your tables if they for the most part matched however if a new version is released you would have to redo this each time. I don't know your tool either so I'm not sure what data it has and doesn't have. I'd say it would be far easier just to have duplicate tables.

As for the template thing, yes it is still working. You can change the files to what ever design you like but note that soon to be future updates have some images in the navigation and would throw off your designs unless you didn't care or changed the images of course. You can also just use the old navigation too if you so desired and just not replace the header/css files when the update arrives.


If you want to add your own design its fairly easy:

1. Navigate to: pos-tracker-install-root\themes\posmanager\style
2. Duplicate one of the sets of files to theme6.css and theme6.php
3. Navigate back to the root of your installation
4. Open/Edit user.php
5. Change the line(106) $eveRender->Assign('themeset', array( 1 => 'FGV - Default', 2 => 'Original POS-Tracker', 3 => 'Majesta Empire', 4 => 'Razor Alliance', 5 => 'Morsus Mihi')); and add , 6=>'Your design name'


If however you just want to replace the main theme you can just change the theme1.css and theme1.php files with your versions and you're done.

-FG
LoneEcho
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2011-10-05 01:07:33 UTC
Hey, when running the pos_cron. I get the following error.


Fatal error: Call to undefined function: date_default_timezone_set() in
/home/blablabla/public_html/postracker/includes/class.pos.php on line 5082

I'm using php5. It's PHP 5.2.17 (cgi) - System Default

I've also tried changing the php for that folder to PHP 5.3.6 (cgi-fcgi) but it still didn't work.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dragonaire
Here there be Dragons
#34 - 2011-10-05 04:23:28 UTC
Sounds like maybe Date extension isn't active which is unusual since its in the PHP core.

Finds camping stations from the inside much easier. Designer of Yapeal for the Eve API. Check out the Yapeal PHP API Library thread.

LoneEcho
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2011-10-05 20:38:48 UTC
Dragonaire wrote:
Sounds like maybe Date extension isn't active which is unusual since its in the PHP core.


Is that something I must enable? or do I have to ask my webhost to do that? Thanks!!
Dragonaire
Here there be Dragons
#36 - 2011-10-05 21:43:13 UTC
Depends on you web host but usually it'll require them making change. I'd contact tech support and report the problem it probably was an oversight on their part since it's a extension almost everyone would use which is why it was made part of the core for PHP.

Finds camping stations from the inside much easier. Designer of Yapeal for the Eve API. Check out the Yapeal PHP API Library thread.

LoneEcho
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2011-10-05 23:02:44 UTC
Dragonaire wrote:
Depends on you web host but usually it'll require them making change. I'd contact tech support and report the problem it probably was an oversight on their part since it's a extension almost everyone would use which is why it was made part of the core for PHP.


Thanks for the quick replies. This is what they said. They also created a phpinfo script on my site.

You can set a specific date.timezone value in PHP using the following option which should be added to your local php.ini file:

And this is what shows under date for phpinfo


date/time support enabled
"Olson" Timezone Database Version 2010.9
Timezone Database internal
Default timezone America/Chicago
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2011-10-06 04:39:05 UTC
LoneEcho wrote:
Dragonaire wrote:
Depends on you web host but usually it'll require them making change. I'd contact tech support and report the problem it probably was an oversight on their part since it's a extension almost everyone would use which is why it was made part of the core for PHP.


Thanks for the quick replies. This is what they said. They also created a phpinfo script on my site.

You can set a specific date.timezone value in PHP using the following option which should be added to your local php.ini file:

And this is what shows under date for phpinfo


date/time support enabled
"Olson" Timezone Database Version 2010.9
Timezone Database internal
Default timezone America/Chicago


Hi again. All three of us talked about this issue a year ago but no solution was found because it sounded like it was your host. Still to this date I haven't heard anyone with this error nor can I seem to find a reason to why it would happen. But I am quite curious as to why so can you tell me who your hosting provider is?

Wait a second. Are your crons using PHP5? The function was introduced in PHP version 5.1 and so it really sounds like you're running PHP4 with your cron jobs or a really old PHP 5 version.

-FG
LoneEcho
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2011-10-06 14:42:34 UTC
Frozen Guardian wrote:
LoneEcho wrote:
Dragonaire wrote:
Depends on you web host but usually it'll require them making change. I'd contact tech support and report the problem it probably was an oversight on their part since it's a extension almost everyone would use which is why it was made part of the core for PHP.


Thanks for the quick replies. This is what they said. They also created a phpinfo script on my site.

You can set a specific date.timezone value in PHP using the following option which should be added to your local php.ini file:

And this is what shows under date for phpinfo


date/time support enabled
"Olson" Timezone Database Version 2010.9
Timezone Database internal
Default timezone America/Chicago


Hi again. All three of us talked about this issue a year ago but no solution was found because it sounded like it was your host. Still to this date I haven't heard anyone with this error nor can I seem to find a reason to why it would happen. But I am quite curious as to why so can you tell me who your hosting provider is?

Wait a second. Are your crons using PHP5? The function was introduced in PHP version 5.1 and so it really sounds like you're running PHP4 with your cron jobs or a really old PHP 5 version.

-FG


Hi FG =) I'm with siteground.


I would think it would be cron php5.. I inserted php5 before the cron script to see if that'll help. I can PM you the link to my phpinfo if you'll like.

Thanks so much for all the help!! =)
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2011-10-06 17:22:01 UTC
LoneEcho wrote:


Hi FG =) I'm with siteground.


I would think it would be cron php5.. I inserted php5 before the cron script to see if that'll help. I can PM you the link to my phpinfo if you'll like.

Thanks so much for all the help!! =)



Trying #2. Stupid forums bitched about invalid HTML. Seriously CCP thanks for destroying my post. Now to remember what I typed.

It looks like there are other siteground users who come across this same error.

Things to try(note if #2 doesn't work, remove it before trying #3):

1. Make sure your cron job has this in front: /usr/local/bin/php5

2. Put the following right after ?php in class.pos.php

function date_default_timezone_set($dummy) {
// do nothing
}

if you get an error, tryin putting in further down and see what happens.

3. Replace date_default_timezone_set('UTC'); with putenv("TZ=UTC"); in class.pos.php and see what happens.

My main concern is that the php versions are running in different versions and so what may work in cron may not work in the normal POS tracker. This is mainly specific to #2.

Best of luck to you, please let me know what happens because 95% of the time no one does. So maybe by adding this line the chance is increased.

-FG