These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

POS Tracker - FGV - 5.2.1

Author
Gheent
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#41 - 2011-10-06 18:45:43 UTC
Hello,

I'm trying to install 5.1.6 that uses the new API keys, but I can't seem to get any of my keys to import. It keeps saying that it's not a valid XML file to parse.

I've made a non-expiring corp key with the 4 listed necessities. I've turned on debug but it provides no information concerning the API call or XML data received.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Gheent
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#42 - 2011-10-06 18:55:47 UTC
Gheent wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to install 5.1.6 that uses the new API keys, but I can't seem to get any of my keys to import. It keeps saying that it's not a valid XML file to parse.

I've made a non-expiring corp key with the 4 listed necessities. I've turned on debug but it provides no information concerning the API call or XML data received.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!



Nevermind... server API issue on EVE's side ;)
LoneEcho
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2011-10-06 19:14:50 UTC  |  Edited by: LoneEcho
Frozen Guardian wrote:
LoneEcho wrote:


Hi FG =) I'm with siteground.


I would think it would be cron php5.. I inserted php5 before the cron script to see if that'll help. I can PM you the link to my phpinfo if you'll like.

Thanks so much for all the help!! =)



Trying #2. Stupid forums bitched about invalid HTML. Seriously CCP thanks for destroying my post. Now to remember what I typed.

It looks like there are other siteground users who come across this same error.

Things to try(note if #2 doesn't work, remove it before trying #3):

1. Make sure your cron job has this in front: /usr/local/bin/php5

2. Put the following right after ?php in class.pos.php

function date_default_timezone_set($dummy) {
// do nothing
}

if you get an error, tryin putting in further down and see what happens.

3. Replace date_default_timezone_set('UTC'); with putenv("TZ=UTC"); in class.pos.php and see what happens.

My main concern is that the php versions are running in different versions and so what may work in cron may not work in the normal POS tracker. This is mainly specific to #2.

Best of luck to you, please let me know what happens because 95% of the time no one does. So maybe by adding this line the chance is increased.

-FG



For #2

When trying to access the postracker website. I get an error right away

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare date_default_timezone_set() in /home/***/public_html/postracker/includes/class.pos.php on line 5

If I move it downer, the same error appears.

For #3

I replaced the 2 date_default_timezone_set("GMT"); with putenv("TZ=UTC"); in class.pos.php and get the following message when the cron runs

# $Id: poscron.sh 81 2010-08-12 02:49:35Z frozenice2525 $
cd /home/****/public_html/postracker
/usr/local/bin/php5 cron_updatepos.php


It seems the problem is harder then I thought =P. Thanks so much for all your help =) I'll just update manually so I don't take up more of your time xD
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2011-10-06 22:23:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Frozen Guardian
LoneEcho wrote:
Frozen Guardian wrote:
LoneEcho wrote:


Hi FG =) I'm with siteground.


I would think it would be cron php5.. I inserted php5 before the cron script to see if that'll help. I can PM you the link to my phpinfo if you'll like.

Thanks so much for all the help!! =)



Trying #2. Stupid forums bitched about invalid HTML. Seriously CCP thanks for destroying my post. Now to remember what I typed.

It looks like there are other siteground users who come across this same error.

Things to try(note if #2 doesn't work, remove it before trying #3):

1. Make sure your cron job has this in front: /usr/local/bin/php5

2. Put the following right after ?php in class.pos.php

function date_default_timezone_set($dummy) {
// do nothing
}

if you get an error, tryin putting in further down and see what happens.

3. Replace date_default_timezone_set('UTC'); with putenv("TZ=UTC"); in class.pos.php and see what happens.

My main concern is that the php versions are running in different versions and so what may work in cron may not work in the normal POS tracker. This is mainly specific to #2.

Best of luck to you, please let me know what happens because 95% of the time no one does. So maybe by adding this line the chance is increased.

-FG



For #2

When trying to access the postracker website. I get an error right away

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare date_default_timezone_set() in /home/***/public_html/postracker/includes/class.pos.php on line 5

If I move it downer, the same error appears.

For #3

I replaced the 2 date_default_timezone_set("GMT"); with putenv("TZ=UTC"); in class.pos.php and get the following message when the cron runs

# $Id: poscron.sh 81 2010-08-12 02:49:35Z frozenice2525 $
cd /home/****/public_html/postracker
/usr/local/bin/php5 cron_updatepos.php


It seems the problem is harder then I thought =P. Thanks so much for all your help =) I'll just update manually so I don't take up more of your time xD


For #2: That's good in a sense at your install is really running at something past PHP 5.1 lol.

For #3: Try just commenting out the entire date_default.... with two slashes in front // . What do you have in the line for your cron job exactly(its okay to exclude your server address/personal details) and is this in cPanel I'm guessing?

We'll try another thing or two left and then maybe just manual for the rest of the POS tracker's life if we can't figure it out. :P

-FG
LoneEcho
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2011-10-07 00:00:59 UTC  |  Edited by: LoneEcho
Frozen Guardian wrote:
LoneEcho wrote:
Frozen Guardian wrote:
LoneEcho wrote:


Hi FG =) I'm with siteground.


I would think it would be cron php5.. I inserted php5 before the cron script to see if that'll help. I can PM you the link to my phpinfo if you'll like.

Thanks so much for all the help!! =)



Trying #2. Stupid forums bitched about invalid HTML. Seriously CCP thanks for destroying my post. Now to remember what I typed.

It looks like there are other siteground users who come across this same error.

Things to try(note if #2 doesn't work, remove it before trying #3):

1. Make sure your cron job has this in front: /usr/local/bin/php5

2. Put the following right after ?php in class.pos.php

function date_default_timezone_set($dummy) {
// do nothing
}

if you get an error, tryin putting in further down and see what happens.

3. Replace date_default_timezone_set('UTC'); with putenv("TZ=UTC"); in class.pos.php and see what happens.

My main concern is that the php versions are running in different versions and so what may work in cron may not work in the normal POS tracker. This is mainly specific to #2.

Best of luck to you, please let me know what happens because 95% of the time no one does. So maybe by adding this line the chance is increased.

-FG



For #2

When trying to access the postracker website. I get an error right away

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare date_default_timezone_set() in /home/***/public_html/postracker/includes/class.pos.php on line 5

If I move it downer, the same error appears.

For #3

I replaced the 2 date_default_timezone_set("GMT"); with putenv("TZ=UTC"); in class.pos.php and get the following message when the cron runs

# $Id: poscron.sh 81 2010-08-12 02:49:35Z frozenice2525 $
cd /home/****/public_html/postracker
/usr/local/bin/php5 cron_updatepos.php


It seems the problem is harder then I thought =P. Thanks so much for all your help =) I'll just update manually so I don't take up more of your time xD


For #2: That's good in a sense at your install is really running at something past PHP 5.1 lol.

For #3: Try just commenting out the entire date_default.... with two slashes in front // . What do you have in the line for your cron job exactly(its okay to exclude your server address/personal details) and is this in cPanel I'm guessing?

We'll try another thing or two left and then maybe just manual for the rest of the POS tracker's life if we can't figure it out. :P

-FG


Yes I'm using cpanel. This is my cron job.

/usr/local/bin/php5 /home/****/public_html/postracker/poscron.sh

So even commenting the entire date_default, I can that error.


# $Id: poscron.sh 81 2010-08-12 02:49:35Z frozenice2525 $
cd /home/***/public_html/postracker
/usr/local/bin/php5 cron_updatepos.php
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2011-10-07 05:17:58 UTC
LoneEcho wrote:
Frozen Guardian wrote:
LoneEcho wrote:
Frozen Guardian wrote:
LoneEcho wrote:


Hi FG =) I'm with siteground.


I would think it would be cron php5.. I inserted php5 before the cron script to see if that'll help. I can PM you the link to my phpinfo if you'll like.

Thanks so much for all the help!! =)



Trying #2. Stupid forums bitched about invalid HTML. Seriously CCP thanks for destroying my post. Now to remember what I typed.

It looks like there are other siteground users who come across this same error.

Things to try(note if #2 doesn't work, remove it before trying #3):

1. Make sure your cron job has this in front: /usr/local/bin/php5

2. Put the following right after ?php in class.pos.php

function date_default_timezone_set($dummy) {
// do nothing
}

if you get an error, tryin putting in further down and see what happens.

3. Replace date_default_timezone_set('UTC'); with putenv("TZ=UTC"); in class.pos.php and see what happens.

My main concern is that the php versions are running in different versions and so what may work in cron may not work in the normal POS tracker. This is mainly specific to #2.

Best of luck to you, please let me know what happens because 95% of the time no one does. So maybe by adding this line the chance is increased.

-FG



For #2

When trying to access the postracker website. I get an error right away

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare date_default_timezone_set() in /home/***/public_html/postracker/includes/class.pos.php on line 5

If I move it downer, the same error appears.

For #3

I replaced the 2 date_default_timezone_set("GMT"); with putenv("TZ=UTC"); in class.pos.php and get the following message when the cron runs

# $Id: poscron.sh 81 2010-08-12 02:49:35Z frozenice2525 $
cd /home/****/public_html/postracker
/usr/local/bin/php5 cron_updatepos.php


It seems the problem is harder then I thought =P. Thanks so much for all your help =) I'll just update manually so I don't take up more of your time xD


For #2: That's good in a sense at your install is really running at something past PHP 5.1 lol.

For #3: Try just commenting out the entire date_default.... with two slashes in front // . What do you have in the line for your cron job exactly(its okay to exclude your server address/personal details) and is this in cPanel I'm guessing?

We'll try another thing or two left and then maybe just manual for the rest of the POS tracker's life if we can't figure it out. :P

-FG


Yes I'm using cpanel. This is my cron job.

/usr/local/bin/php5 /home/****/public_html/postracker/poscron.sh

So even commenting the entire date_default, I can that error.


# $Id: poscron.sh 81 2010-08-12 02:49:35Z frozenice2525 $
cd /home/***/public_html/postracker
/usr/local/bin/php5 cron_updatepos.php


Edit the .sh file and remove the 2nd and 3rd line. So you're left with
#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/php5 cron_updatepos.php

Also try and replace
#!/bin/sh

with

#!/bin/bash

. It looks like from the googles and from what we've seen with the last error that this maybe a special setup for some unknown reason. .sh should call the default interpreter however not sure exactly what that is on your host. I tried asking them, they wouldn't tell me lol. Its just odd though that the information you get back is just whats in the file. It's like it doesn't understand what it's seeing. However I am no shell expert so I could be completely off on this.

Another suggestion though that may just work the best and what one other person used.

wget -O - -q http://hispostrackerdomain.com/cron_updatepos.php >/dev/null

Have something like that for a cron job just may work out for you.

-FG
LoneEcho
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2011-10-07 14:35:52 UTC  |  Edited by: LoneEcho
Quote:



[quote]Edit the .sh file and remove the 2nd and 3rd line. So you're left with
#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/php5 cron_updatepos.php

Also try and replace
#!/bin/sh

with

#!/bin/bash

. It looks like from the googles and from what we've seen with the last error that this maybe a special setup for some unknown reason. .sh should call the default interpreter however not sure exactly what that is on your host. I tried asking them, they wouldn't tell me lol. Its just odd though that the information you get back is just whats in the file. It's like it doesn't understand what it's seeing. However I am no shell expert so I could be completely off on this.

Another suggestion though that may just work the best and what one other person used.

wget -O - -q http://hispostrackerdomain.com/cron_updatepos.php >/dev/null

Have something like that for a cron job just may work out for you.

-FG


So remove the lines gave me an email that just said "/usr/local/bin/php5 cron_updatepos.php"

but when I did the wget, it WORKED!! =D.. Great skills there ;p

Thanks very much!!

Also can yuo recommended a good host so when this term ends, I can switch.. I was thinking of bluehost but I just went with siteground since Ive used them in the past and never had problems.

Thanks once again.
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2011-10-07 18:34:54 UTC
I'd like to take credit for the wget command but I can't lol. Great to hear it works though!

Bluehost should work fine.

I use 1and1 (not as nice but cheap) and Lunarpages(my love). Otherwise I've seen people host it on various others(dreamhost, rackspace, hostgator) with no issues except Moo Cow hosting or w/e they are called. They got a really funky setup too and their admins are dumb unfortunately as it seems like a decent host.

-FG
LoneEcho
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2011-10-08 03:48:12 UTC
Frozen Guardian wrote:
I'd like to take credit for the wget command but I can't lol. Great to hear it works though!

Bluehost should work fine.

I use 1and1 (not as nice but cheap) and Lunarpages(my love). Otherwise I've seen people host it on various others(dreamhost, rackspace, hostgator) with no issues except Moo Cow hosting or w/e they are called. They got a really funky setup too and their admins are dumb unfortunately as it seems like a decent host.

-FG


Lol, at least your honest.

That's good to hear. I'll probably switch next year when my time is up lol =P
Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#50 - 2011-10-26 17:41:24 UTC
BTW, I noticed a math error, not sure where it was coming from, but I suspect it might be the charters I'm using. As some of you may know, Goonswarm's war on ice has forced me to manage some high sec towers, and I'm getting the wrong figures on towers there. In particular, small towers are showing needing 27,511 m^3 of stuff. I of course did not grab a debug before doing the work at hand.

If anyone else sees this on their instance, please let this thread know.

PS. Sorry Gallente tower owners.
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2011-10-31 04:46:18 UTC
Kismeteer wrote:
BTW, I noticed a math error, not sure where it was coming from, but I suspect it might be the charters I'm using. As some of you may know, Goonswarm's war on ice has forced me to manage some high sec towers, and I'm getting the wrong figures on towers there. In particular, small towers are showing needing 27,511 m^3 of stuff. I of course did not grab a debug before doing the work at hand.

If anyone else sees this on their instance, please let this thread know.

PS. Sorry Gallente tower owners.


By chance do you know how much CPU/PG usage was on the tower at the time? I'll look into running some tests but I thought we got all the charter issues figured out a bit ago. Maybe there's some odd one still there.

As for updates, I hope to get some spare time this week to finish up the next update for release as I really want to get the Outpost update and user settings fixes out the door.

-FG
Angellis Ketatsu
Hamsters Corporation
#52 - 2011-11-04 07:49:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Angellis Ketatsu
in this version 5,1,6 there is a problem with sovereignty. At sovereignty 0 a script considers that sovereignty absents and expense of fuel much more.

sorry for translated google(((
Webhost for skript http://zahostim.com
Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#53 - 2011-11-07 16:38:40 UTC
http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3029

All of this might be moot as everything is going to fuel blocks, so we'd need major changes to the system. It's all being hammered out still as well. I'd recommend everyone go read up on it.

I have no idea how we're going to sort out the 'half and half' thing with the number of towers we have.
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2011-11-07 18:21:17 UTC
Kismeteer wrote:
http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3029

All of this might be moot as everything is going to fuel blocks, so we'd need major changes to the system. It's all being hammered out still as well. I'd recommend everyone go read up on it.

I have no idea how we're going to sort out the 'half and half' thing with the number of towers we have.


Yeah this is going to be one interesting event. I can't believe such a change is happening but I've made note of it and I'm going to make 100% sure the support for fuel blocks will be ready before the change over downtime.
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2011-11-19 08:26:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Frozen Guardian
5.1.7 Released! Note it does have a new navigation so if you had a customized one it will most likely not work after this update. The new navi will be working towards an overhaul of the UI slowly but surely so it may get changed again in the future. Please let me know if you like or don't like something. This new navi gives back a lot more space compared to the links navi. Hopefully you all like the new changes.

Special thanks to Descention and Mjollnir Arcote with their fixes this release!

DB Update needed!

Version 5.1.6 to 5.1.7 Changes:


  • Mailer updated to notice sov for required fuel column.
  • Mailer updated to avoid duplicate mailings for admins and subadmins if they are also a fuel tech of a tower.
  • User settings changes now happen immediately 100 percent of the time.
  • New main navigation.
  • Hyasyoda Mobile Laboratory added to the DB for use in the tracker.
  • POS Track now shows the edit button to people with secret access to the towers like it should have.
  • Some Unknown/Wormhold system DB fixes thanks to Descention.
  • Outpost Track got quite the upgrade thanks to Mjollnir Arcote see the changes below.
  • Specific user permissions for Outpost management added.
  • Outpost Tracker listing UI more consistent with POS Tracker.
  • Fixes permission checks on Outpost pages and actions.
  • A new 'Desired Stock' calculation added to view outpost page. This is currently hard coded to 60 days
  • Fixes POSMGMT->addstructure() so that it correctly adds a silo the same as addstructure.php. This method is used by the fit importer.

Roccus
Volanti Imperium
#56 - 2011-11-30 11:31:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Roccus
Thanks for making this POS Tracker \o/
White Aerosmith
Doomheim
#57 - 2011-12-01 11:24:38 UTC
Roccus wrote:
Thanks for making this POS Tracker \o/


ya tnx



Then are you going to rewrite Tracker for new pos fuel system?
Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#58 - 2011-12-01 21:37:11 UTC
BTW, blocks still won't go in towers. Hooray CCP! So no idea when that is going to get added.
Frozen Guardian
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2011-12-02 06:56:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Frozen Guardian
White Aerosmith wrote:
Roccus wrote:
Thanks for making this POS Tracker \o/


ya tnx



Then are you going to rewrite Tracker for new pos fuel system?


Yes and in fact I already started a bit however I am awaiting CCP on sov question and being able to actually do a API pull from SiSi to see what the data looks like when the blocks are in the tower. I'm pretty sure it'll be pretty much the same as it is now but want to be sure. But progress is being made :)

On another note, if everyone who can please upgrade to 5.1.7 and let me know if you have issues. I got 2 responses of people who had issues but no real replies back on the matter for information/testing and so I want to make sure everything is okay before I go ahead with 5.1.8 and move to 5.2.0 for fuel blocks.

If you do the upgrade to 5.1.7 make sure to completely refresh your browser or clear your cache as the header is quite different now and may look weird the first time you go there. All the headings will be in a straight column if not properly refreshed.
Draxunon
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#60 - 2011-12-02 20:04:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Draxunon
FG,

Not sure if you are continuing to receive messages from users with issues running crontab with poscron.sh and receiving error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function ADONewConnection()"

After endless searching, trying all examples in previous posts and some dumb luck this is what worked for me.

My host only has PHP 5.3.5 installed in /usr/bin/php. Also located in the same directory is /php-cgi.
After updating the poscron.sh to use /usr/bin/php-cgi I no longer receive the error.

I hope this helps.

Drax