These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Post if you are unsubing over the new inventory, as thats the only way CCP listens

First post
Author
Rutherford Rainman
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#341 - 2012-05-24 03:55:21 UTC
I actually like the new inventory, sure its different and takes a bit of getting used to, but thats no reason to unsubscribe.
AkaiDruiD II
The Ghost of Creuss
#342 - 2012-05-24 04:10:03 UTC  |  Edited by: AkaiDruiD II
Rutherford Rainman wrote:
I actually like the new inventory, sure its different and takes a bit of getting used to, but thats no reason to unsubscribe.

Try Looting/salving AND doing a L4 at the same time with it...

And what do u like about it? I've seen a few post from trolls posting they like it, but, of course, they don't point out what they like.

Do u like how tedious things r with it? Do u like the surprise of ur win popping up here or there? Do u like a tree taking up, already precious space, on ur HUD? Do u like the difficulty of mining/looting/POS with it now?
Ivan En'Vec
Nevermore.
#343 - 2012-05-24 04:14:36 UTC
Not unsubbing, but pretty close to it. Not because of the new UI, even though it does suck. The lag is the worst part - something like opening my ship's drone bay while in my POS used to be instant, now it's a 10 second wait while every POS module loads in a window. But my point:

This was the expansion that CCP set aside all their old goals to create, instead doing what the players wanted. WiS be damned, they wanted to focus on spaceships and give the players the kind of expansion they've been waiting (over 18 months) for!

As a flashy red WH resident, all I get out of this expansion are new SB models and a shittier interface. I don't know that the amarr reskins are an upgrade. Rebalancing ships I don't fly much anymore was nice, but it's not new exciting content that keeps old players like me excited and interested in the game, nor is it something I can show to friends and say "Check out this cool new expansion EVE put out! You should check out the game again!"

I wish I had the enthusiasm to be up in arms about it all, but it's more of a "meh".

I don't want to quit the game CCP, but you're not helping out here.

(posting with my main)
General Freight
GIRLFRIEND SURF TEAM
#344 - 2012-05-24 04:17:45 UTC
Ivan En'Vec wrote:
Not unsubbing, but pretty close to it. Not because of the new UI, even though it does suck. The lag is the worst part - something like opening my ship's drone bay while in my POS used to be instant, now it's a 10 second wait while every POS module loads in a window.

This. It takes 8-10 seconds to open my cargo hold. It's like being downgraded to 2400 baud modems. This is not what my people call improvement.
c4 t
Cosmic Psychedelics
#345 - 2012-05-24 04:18:27 UTC
This is certainly not worth unsubbing for. Even if it stayed like this forever I probably wouldn't unsub.

It is clear though that this wasn't play tested very well. The UI people should really try salvaging/looting a **** load of wrecks with the old system vs the new system.

Right now theres a **** load of latency when opening wrecks and stuff. If that was eliminated it would be better, but still, the current system is less convenient for noctis use, no doubt about it. Even with latency fix looting wont be as fast as it was previously unless they make changes.
Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
#346 - 2012-05-24 04:22:10 UTC
the new inventory window is great!
Dark Motoko
Tactical Grace.
Vanguard.
#347 - 2012-05-24 04:25:47 UTC
While it doesn't bother me as much, I can at least say one corp in my alliance has several people unsubbing over it.
AkaiDruiD II
The Ghost of Creuss
#348 - 2012-05-24 04:30:38 UTC
Red Teufel wrote:
the new inventory window is great!

╭∩╮(◣_◢)╭∩╮
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#349 - 2012-05-24 04:33:50 UTC
May this inventory window succeed at weeding out that which eugenics failed to.
Malice Redeemer
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#350 - 2012-05-24 04:36:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Malice Redeemer
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

yup, every other or so eve play just much be unworthy of living, I see that now, thanks

You have really added something to this thread, keep up the good fight
AkaiDruiD II
The Ghost of Creuss
#351 - 2012-05-24 04:40:44 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

The only thing this inv window is going to succeed at... is while eVe is burning down, u trolls will run around holding ur pretty little textured ankles

╭∩╮(◣_◢)╭∩╮
AkaiDruiD II
The Ghost of Creuss
#352 - 2012-05-24 04:41:53 UTC  |  Edited by: AkaiDruiD II
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

yup, every other or so eve play just much be unworthy of living, I see that now, thanks

Said one troll to another...
Malice Redeemer
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#353 - 2012-05-24 04:55:09 UTC
AkaiDruiD II wrote:
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

Said one troll to another...
╭∩╮(◣_◢)╭∩╮

You are pathetic, I was being sarcastic.

please don't support my thread, ragekid
BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#354 - 2012-05-24 05:17:43 UTC
Seriously - not unsubbing.. BUT players MUST have instant acces to their ships under certain circumstances and NEED a permanent separate window for their ship hangar that stays open after undock/redock. I, for one, DO NOT like having to click on the item hangar tab everytime I want to change ships, especially during a battle! Please CCP - separate the ships from the items window permanently!!!!!!!

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?

Pertuabo Enkidgan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#355 - 2012-05-24 06:15:36 UTC
Why can't we just have both
0R2 Vasquez
Utopian Research I.E.L.
#356 - 2012-05-24 06:29:03 UTC
+3 accounts

May I suggest to add an unsubscribe shortcut on the new inventory to save some precious clicks?

You can not have my stuff, it s too boring to sort it now through multiple accounts, thanks to the "Awesome" "New Feature"
Uther Aharalel
Doomheim
#357 - 2012-05-24 06:31:32 UTC
I tried using the UI, I was really trying, but it is just so utterly annoying. Moving stuff around takes too much time, and most of the old shortcuts I have learned to use in 8+ years of playing Eve have changed... Sad

1 account unsubbed & this one will be put on hold too, once the GTC runs out.

Nobody cares about what Goon's care about, they are the cheapest possible cask whine.

Espen Egak
x13
Pandemic Horde
#358 - 2012-05-24 07:12:30 UTC
Hey guys check out this forum post .. especially OP! We <3 CCP
4IN1
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#359 - 2012-05-24 08:43:03 UTC
Just remember to biomass your character when you head out ,oh and remember to send me all your ISK before you leave Blink

CCP: Ambition but rubbish

Beledia Ilphukiir
Proffessional Experts Group
#360 - 2012-05-24 09:05:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Beledia Ilphukiir
Not going to unscribe, because there isn't any fundamental disagreement in what CCP wants to do and what the players want. Everyone involved wants a better UI, that is snappier and functions better compared to the old one in every aspect. This is just a case of narrow minded programming monkeys not having good UI and QA people in their team or simply ignoring their feedback like they did with the initial community feedback. This is your standard issue fuckup and since they've already moved to the fixing things part, protesting in an effort to try to get them to acknowledgee the issues has become totally pointless.

That said, there is warm weather forecasted for the next couple of weeks and I think a couple of weeks away from EVE sounds awfully attractive at this point. Maybe after a little vacation like that they've upgraded the system enough, so that managing the inventory will be a little less of a chore. Cool