These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SKILL POINTS AS REWARD FROM MISSIONING

First post
Author
Drew Solaert
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2012-02-11 15:21:02 UTC
Simply terrible.

Don't post again.

Seriously everyone would just bot the hell out of courier missions as they slept.

I lied :o

SpaceSquirrels
#102 - 2012-02-12 01:20:16 UTC
Do it for taking some objectives or space in pvp (0.0 and FW) to be distributed amongst contributing parties before even think of SP from missions lol.

You can afk missions for Christ sake.
Fedimart
Doomheim
#103 - 2012-02-12 04:07:55 UTC
Let me think... Umm No and No... Did I say No?
Yahrr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#104 - 2012-02-12 15:26:26 UTC
Go back to w... wait, don't we still need a fix for low sec? Have them earn tiny amounts of skillpoints by killing rats in low sec belts, awarded by Concord and we soon have more targets than we have scramming points! Lol
Fedimart
Doomheim
#105 - 2012-02-12 16:27:38 UTC
I sure hope CCP doesn't do anything stupid to break the basic concepts of the game. Things like training skills over time and a market that doesn't require spending real money need to stay! I agree about lowsec needing something to bring it more life. I don't think even skill points would lure hard core Carebears to PVP. I've seen incursion runners refuse to make one jump thought lowsec in cheap T2 fitted battleships even with friendly scouts on the gates and no other incursions going on.
Nechradile
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2012-02-12 22:55:33 UTC
Please tell me your trolling.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#107 - 2012-02-13 16:11:14 UTC
terrible

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Vixorz
Cabronazos
#108 - 2012-02-13 19:10:18 UTC
Yahrr wrote:
Go back to w... wait, don't we still need a fix for low sec? Have them earn tiny amounts of skillpoints by killing rats in low sec belts, awarded by Concord and we soon have more targets than we have scramming points! Lol

I like that idea :)
McRoll
Extraction and Exploration Ltd.
#109 - 2012-02-13 21:13:49 UTC
Guys, you know how best to react to **** proposals like these?

Simply don't post, let the thread die. Has been discussed millions of times already. Won't happen and it is good that way.

(I know, I know, I posted as well but somebody has to tell)
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#110 - 2012-02-13 22:07:03 UTC
Yahrr wrote:

Closely followed by endless complaints that players are "punished" for wanting to get the SP/hr they "need" in lo-sec.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

stup idity
#111 - 2012-02-14 11:27:15 UTC
Kira Deschain wrote:
.. beating a dead horse ...

is still better than beating a living one, because that would be cruel. Rather beat your slaves, they probably deserve it.

Also I demand SP for forum posting, so all us forum alts can get our skills up. You know... grammar, orthography, trolling...

I am the Herald of all beings that are me.

Amee Lee
Doomheim
#112 - 2012-05-04 21:20:37 UTC
To the Original Poster:

I couldn't agree with you more. I tried eve once. Quit because I felt like I was at too much of a disadvantage.

I am trying eve again, and the disadvantage still hurts and the whole making & losing ISK seems quite pointless.

Right now, I intend to give eve one last chance. I'm training for Logistics. I won't be playing for the next 40 days while I'm training for it. If being a logistics pilot doesn't get me into some profitable fleets doing L5s, Incursions, or WHs, then I'm done with eve forever. I'll either try to sell my account for real world money, or just suicide the character.

The thing is, I don't think I'd feel that way if PVE rewarded SP as the OP suggests. Right now, "playing" feels quite pointless, but it wouldn't if there were a SP reward.

Oh well. It'll probably be healthier for me in the long run not to waste my time on this game.
Orlacc
#113 - 2012-05-04 22:15:35 UTC
Amee Lee wrote:
To the Original Poster:

I couldn't agree with you more. I tried eve once. Quit because I felt like I was at too much of a disadvantage.

I am trying eve again, and the disadvantage still hurts and the whole making & losing ISK seems quite pointless.

Right now, I intend to give eve one last chance. I'm training for Logistics. I won't be playing for the next 40 days while I'm training for it. If being a logistics pilot doesn't get me into some profitable fleets doing L5s, Incursions, or WHs, then I'm done with eve forever. I'll either try to sell my account for real world money, or just suicide the character.

The thing is, I don't think I'd feel that way if PVE rewarded SP as the OP suggests. Right now, "playing" feels quite pointless, but it wouldn't if there were a SP reward.

Oh well. It'll probably be healthier for me in the long run not to waste my time on this game.

So you are going to train up while not playing and expect to get fleets even though you have no idea what you are doing? Good luck with that snowflake.

The journey is the reward. If you can't see that perhaps it's time to return to the elves.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

XXSketchxx
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#114 - 2012-05-04 22:23:39 UTC
Amee Lee wrote:
To the Original Poster:

sweet necro full of tears
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#115 - 2012-05-04 22:51:15 UTC
Amee Lee wrote:
To the Original Poster:

why would you necro such a stupid thread!? i'm almost crying right now....

I should buy an Ishtar.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#116 - 2012-05-04 23:59:18 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Amee Lee wrote:
To the Original Poster:

To let us drink the sour nectar of necrotic grapes.

@Amee Lee: I don't think you understand what this game is about. (HINT: Newbie players don't need a large income, cause the ships they tend to fly are cheap [if they're moderately intelligent])

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Coolsmoke
State War Academy
Caldari State
#117 - 2012-05-05 01:13:05 UTC
Orlacc wrote:
Amee Lee wrote:
To the Original Poster:

So you are going to train up while not playing and expect to get fleets even though you have no idea what you are doing? ..

The journey is the reward. If you can't see that perhaps it's time to return to the elves.

QFT.

Eve is not, and never has been, for the faint-hearted.

There is no shortcut. There is no "easy way". You learn this game, almost as you do real life (ooh!)

Eve is, quite simply, the most challenging, frustrating, complex and downright NASTY MMORPG there is.

Love it or hate it, that is Eve.
Katy Ling
Crimnson Concept Flame
#118 - 2012-05-05 02:21:12 UTC
Riddick37 wrote:
One can only try. CCP doesnt have to do it like that but with in reason of something like that.. CCP needs to give something other then just ISK and LP To work for... its starting become abit boring now...

i feel it's a long shot and certainly will not pass / approved / will be trolled / what ever ... but i congratulate you for trying and hopping!

totally support any idea of extra skillpoints, because ccp keeps adding new skills with the years pass, and new players have more and more things to train.

some of them end up being useless with with time, and people waste some time training for things that will be nerfed and obsolete ...

Sid Hudgens
Doomheim
#119 - 2012-05-05 02:26:25 UTC
The market has taken care of this already:

missions -> isk -> character bazaar

"....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced."

Sid Hudgens
Doomheim
#120 - 2012-05-05 02:28:50 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:

Dammit I didn't notice the the dates on the OP before replying... oh well...

"....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced."