These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP where's the Wormhole NERFS WHY ARE THEY GETTING OFF SCOT FREE?? BURN EVE RYONE equally

First post
Author
Apolyon I
Shadow of ISW
#241 - 2012-04-20 18:31:19 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Ishaki wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:
more stats concerning of the numbers of ribbons that were salvaged on a given day & were used or sold over a month

What does nanoribbons have to do with inflation? They are materials that are sold on the market and move money from your wallet to mine.. they do not add isk to the economy.

Hmmm I guess in the REAL world oil has nothing to do with Inflation either?

Do you even know what inflation means?
Apolyon I
Shadow of ISW
#242 - 2012-04-20 18:32:53 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Just Alter wrote:

[quote=Just Alter](oh and btw between whs and incursions i'll always prefer incursions)

Really? I got bored of them pretty quickly Sad I find that at least doing exploration or wormholes I have a little variety between sites, and scanning breaks up the monotony of site grinding a little bit.

Still, incursions are more fun than level fours, by christ. I had to run a few level fours to grind my trading alts standings up the other day. Closest I've ever come to biomassing my toons.

Incursions are more fun because for some ( not all of course ) because they are a group effort sort of like a 24 hour CTA now: you can throw together a pick up fleet ALOT easier then in a WH ( WH's ya sorta do need peeps you all know together in the same place at the same time (lo sec incursion fleets have to be secretive about it of course and know each other well) ) WH's do sound fun& there is alot of work to get the POS's set up... they are solo-able unlike Incursions ( there is 1-3 players that used to be able to solo 7-8 box a non OTA site think one of then was CHUNKER ( he can't anymore due to competition really) there now is another guy but he doesn't really solo them I'm told he needs someone else in his Tengu fleet to logi for him ) So yes for those that like to be (occasional?) solo hermits WH's are a route not afforded by Incursions.
I only did a few level 4's before I was swept into my fun in Incursions... if/when I tire of them after some more lo sec Incursion fun dunno if I'll check out NULL or WH games I keep tottering between the 2... but if CCP keeps nerfing everything PvE EXCEPT W-Space I'll move there & increase its ranks like Dr E says is happening from the 2011 to 2012 Q1 pie chart graph ( here's another stat: QEN 2010 had the WH population pegged at 2.8% BTW )

But backto my original point: IF CCP IS 10% ISK NERFING BOUNTIES/DRONES/INCURSIONS faucets due to the market INFERNO sleeper components ( I refer to as blue loot ) should be also because if they have injected 1/3+ of the ISK into the Eve sandbox since thier inception

you really have no idea how wh corps operate
Gonzo TheGreat
Donuttown
#243 - 2012-04-20 20:51:34 UTC
Ah, congratulations, seems like you found out we are not a 0.0 corp at last ! It's a miracle !
Jalabaster
Aether Ventures
#244 - 2012-04-22 23:29:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Jalabaster
If anyone thinks that wormhole revenue is too high, I would invite you to give wormhole life a try. You will find that the classic 'risk versus reward' system is firmly in place, and working pretty much as intended. Yes, you can make more money. No, it isn't as easy, and you will need to buy backup ships, because you're going to lose a few if you plan to stay.

Wormholes are basically the endgame for a great many small groups. These small groups move in, they invest. They take the deliberate risk that all the belongings they have in the hole could be destroyed. Most of them are not risking just a ship or two. They are risking a fully functional POS full of ships, gear, production and research lines, and what all else they would see fit to risk. Some of them invest nearly all of their assets into their wormhole endeavors. Not only are they performing more risky endeavors, but they are putting far, far more on the line than an incursion runner.

Beyond that, everything you do relies on scanning down cosmic signatures. Logistics is not always easy, and you have constant supplies that need to be run in. Even the most self- sufficient of WH groups need ice for fuel blocks, faction ammo, skillbooks, and constantly topping off inventories of modds and ends. And then there's the issue of tritanium. If you think groups are doing any kind of large scale production by mining their own trit, you're dead wrong.

Recent POCO changes are in my opinion well balanced, wormhole groups are forced to either invest in POCO's (which of course can be destroyed), or face the interbus wallet neutralizer.
Oh, and let's not forget the d-scan button. You really should change them out for a new one every 30,000 scans. Which is probably every 5 days.

All that said, I think you over-estimate the site value of any one particular hole. Realize that once a wormhole is inhabited and farmed, it is quite frequently cleared, with nothing more to do. Venturing beyond one's borders can provide more (r)isk, but at a cost of a significant amount of time spent exploring and scanning in unfamiliar systems. It would be fair to say that someone who raids wormhole space spends more time actively scanning than an incursion runner spends on autopilot when flying to his incursion. Even an experienced scout who scans very quickly will have to canvas out a large area in order to find the richest of WH systems his small group can raid. A wormhole inhabitant can expect to spend the vast majority of his time doing maintenance, logistics, and exploratory activities. I would venture to say that about 10% of your time is actually spent making money. The other 90% or so is spent doing necessary tasks, most of which cost isk in some way.
Hell, i'd even go so far as to say that a healthy portion of the people who do scannable sites in lowsec actually reside in wormhole space. They are doing lowsec sites because there is no more money to be made in their wormhole.

[Sure, there are a select few groups who have their feces together, and they collapse/farm the living bejesus out of their static connection. They are able to lower risk and raise reward drastically by operating very smartly, which has likely come from years of wormhole experience, using defensive mechanics that would baffle most known space players. But that is a different issue. One logical way to curb this sort of group's isk income is to give them less "prime/empty" holes to raid, in the form of competition. More people living in wormholes means fewer uninhabited "jackpot" holes. ]

With the exception of those who collapse-farm, wormhole risk vs reward is very well balanced already, and if anything, wormholes need to be made more appealing and desirable. This need not be in the form of a reward of any kind. Something along the lines of the new corp bookmark changes. Things like that are what wormholes need more of.

Do the blue bits contribute significantly to inflation? Yes, absolutely.
Should the blue bits be tinkered with? Yes.
Should WH inhabitants make more money than incursion runners? Yes.
Should you bring your incursion ship into the next wormhole you find? Depends, do you have a backup? If so and the local is clear, bring your shinies on in and farm away.

Jalabaster

"when a ship is blown up, the pilot usually winds up replacing it. This drives the economy, steadies inflation, and gives industrialists a reason to manufacture. In contrast, creating isk while never losing any items has the unfortunate reverse effect on the market, plus it isn't really any fun." Jala

Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#245 - 2012-04-22 23:46:18 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
my point about what should be nerfed so here: BOUNTIES. INCURSION PAYOUTS, & SLEEPER COMPONENTS

Because WH's and their rewards are balanced, unlike hi-sec incursions.

Reading your posts is like watching a two year old throw a tantrum.

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#246 - 2012-04-22 23:57:25 UTC
Asuri Kinnes wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:
my point about what should be nerfed so here: BOUNTIES. INCURSION PAYOUTS, & SLEEPER COMPONENTS

Hey, most two year olds are considerably more literate. No need to go dragging their names through the mud just thanks to darth's bad poasting.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#247 - 2012-04-23 00:41:37 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
DarthNefarius wrote:
Incursions are more fun because for some ( not all of course ) because they are a group effort sort of like a 24 hour CTA now: you can throw together a pick up fleet ALOT easier then in a WH ( WH's ya sorta do need peeps you all know together in the same place at the same time

Wat?
So incursions are more fun because you dont need to know the people you're playing with?

So they're more fun because they're easier.

So they're more fun because they pay more isk/effort*risk.

And still you bash whs.

Edit: Off topic part removed, CCP Phantom
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#248 - 2012-04-23 00:45:39 UTC
Asuri Kinnes wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:

All ISK faucets in Eve are outta balance according to CCP Soundwave in his TenTonHammer interview & sleeper blue loot NPC buy orders are second biggest ISK faucet in Eve (~10 trillion a month )
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#249 - 2012-04-23 00:48:37 UTC
13 pages of people disagreeing with him and he's still going, got to be some kind of record.

Anyone want to take bets on how many pages this reaches before it gets locked?

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#250 - 2012-04-23 01:02:40 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Asuri Kinnes wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:

All ISK faucets in Eve are outta balance according to CCP Soundwave in his TenTonHammer interview & sleeper blue loot NPC buy orders are second biggest ISK faucet in Eve (~10 trillion a month )

But, as many tried to tell you before, those blue loot isk have a different value than the same amount of money made in an high sex incursion.

You have to detract from those 10trilion the logistics cost of wormholes, and the huge risk involved in living in a place with no local and no concord.

And then there's this point(i'll try to explain for the last time then **** it) : the risk of wormholes is SO much higher than incursion that it SHOULD pay more.

You want to reduce inflation? nerf incursions and high sec lvl 4 more, leave everything else the same.
DarthNefarius
#251 - 2012-04-23 01:09:50 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Just Alter wrote:
[
But, as many tried to tell you before, those blue loot isk have a different value than the same amount of money made in an high sex incursion.

??? ISK is ISK
I wonder what amounts of ISK is brought in the lo&NULL sex Incursions too I haven't seen that stat yet either
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#252 - 2012-04-23 01:21:10 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Just Alter wrote:
[

??? ISK is ISK
I wonder what amounts of ISK is brought in the lo&NULL sex Incursions too I haven't seen that stat yet either

People should really stop feeding the troll.

If you can't explain something to someone within 13 pages, then you cannot explain something to somebody.

Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#253 - 2012-04-23 01:24:35 UTC
Absolutely confirmed as a troll.

He didnt even dare to quote the second part of my post.

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#254 - 2012-04-23 01:29:29 UTC
Just Alter wrote:
Absolutely confirmed as a troll.

He didnt even dare to quote the second part of my post.

I think he is genuine, but he is an incursion runner and he sees the game from only that perspective. He also lacks the subtlety or eloquence to attempt to defend incursions, or attack other aspects of the game, effectively. Resulting in repetitive troll-like bad poasting.

Although I will admit, he is admirably persistant.

DarthNefarius
#255 - 2012-04-23 01:31:22 UTC
Just Alter wrote:

You want to reduce inflation? nerf incursions and high sec lvl 4 more, leave everything else the same.

Incursions will be NERFed on the 24th we'll see how much Inflation is decreased the next month Roll
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#256 - 2012-04-23 01:31:50 UTC
Look on the bright side though, we now have a 13 page thread that will serve as a monument to popular opinion on the idea of nerfing whs. Thereby ensuring whs won't be nerfed for a very, very long time.

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#257 - 2012-04-23 01:49:34 UTC
<----- Currently accepting ISK donations to help buy Darth Nefarious a market crash course from the MD sub forum.

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#258 - 2012-04-23 01:58:26 UTC
where's that PLANET_FACEPALM.JPG when you needed it, and when does CCP brings back images ffs.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

DarthNefarius
#259 - 2012-04-25 07:27:41 UTC
IMHO CPP should really cause an Inferno in WH space by Introducing wormhole stabilizers or increasing mass limits to really Escalate EVERYTHING in Eve
LETS BURN EVERYTHING TwistedEvil
DarthNefarius
#260 - 2012-04-26 10:05:25 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
13 pages of people disagreeing with him and he's still going, got to be some kind of record.

Anyone want to take bets on how many pages this reaches before it gets locked?

Bet it won't any time soon... why do you want it locked anyways? Honestly seems to me WH's have become stagnant what was the last real change to WH'sQuestion