These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP where's the Wormhole NERFS WHY ARE THEY GETTING OFF SCOT FREE?? BURN EVE RYONE equally

First post
Author
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#201 - 2012-04-19 01:04:26 UTC
Lol so his data shows the percentage of characters situated in whs, rather the number of players who run wh sites. And it also fails to display the percentage of characters that run incursions, rendering the entire dataset useless for making such a comparison.

Bravo Darth, bravo.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Moneta Curran
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#202 - 2012-04-19 01:15:35 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
derp

If this isn't a troll, you would appear to be massively stupid.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#203 - 2012-04-19 01:59:40 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Lol so his data shows the percentage of characters situated in whs, rather the number of players who run wh sites. And it also fails to display the percentage of characters that run incursions, rendering the entire dataset useless for making such a comparison.

Bravo Darth, bravo.

And once again I reiterate:

http://d35dgn2pdc8wsn.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/04.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MZD6-vGQms

http://twostep4csm.blogspot.com/2012/03/its-econmony-stupid.html

http://d35dgn2pdc8wsn.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/06.jpg

Listen to Dr E you obviously haven't... he states in the writing of a graph the percentage of Eve doing incursion he also states the number of peeps living in WH's ( ergo the the number of people doing sites is less unless 100% of them are) . If you cannot connect the dots & do the math I suggest remedial algebra. So where are your numbers comming from ( oh wait there are no numbers so yours are straight outta your bum ) It would be nice if there was a published number of peeps doing WH sites but the numbers he provides just shows the people doing Incursion sites ( HI/LO/NULL ) vs the number living in WH space.

I'd really be interested in seeing the ISK equivent of Moon goo & nano ribbons that are produced each month to see how much wealth faucets create for NULL & W-Space
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#204 - 2012-04-19 02:15:38 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:

Bravo Darth, bravo.

And once again I reiterate:

http://d35dgn2pdc8wsn.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/04.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MZD6-vGQms

http://twostep4csm.blogspot.com/2012/03/its-econmony-stupid.html

http://d35dgn2pdc8wsn.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/06.jpg

Listen to Dr E you obviously haven't... he states in the writing of a graph the percentage of Eve doing incursion he also states the number of peeps living in WH's ( ergo the the number of people doing sites is less unless 100% of them are) . If you cannot connect the dots & do the math I suggest remedial algebra. So where are your numbers comming from ( oh wait there are no numbers so yours are straight outta your bum ) It would be nice if there was a published number of peeps doing WH sites but the numbers he provides just shows the people doing Incursion sites ( HI/LO/NULL ) vs the number living in WH space.

I'd really be interested in seeing the ISK equivent of Moon goo & nano ribbons that are produced each month to see how much wealth faucets create for NULL & W-Space

Yes, nerf WH income and see YET ANOTHER entire region fo the game become uninhabited, lets nerf everything untilt he only way to get isk is to join russians or gons.

you sir are a moron, you sir don't know the WORK it takes to organize, prepare, and run those sites, adn the subsequent need to transport the prizes, we can soemtimes be stuck in WH's for over a month with no k-space besides deep nulls... theres also the whole fact that if we DIE we can't get back, meaning 1 screw up and their goes your income for the next few weeks.

Wormholes are BALANCED because while inside them you ahve effectively cut yourself off from al the rest fo eve, rendering supply lines non-existent, and hostiles abundant, in many cases.
Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#205 - 2012-04-19 02:18:49 UTC
Lanasak wrote:
death to incursions

And death to worm holes.

P
Apolyon I
Shadow of ISW
#206 - 2012-04-19 02:31:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Apolyon I
DarthNefarius wrote:

nanoribbons and moongoo both are material faucets, you bear certainly dont have brain
Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#207 - 2012-04-19 02:36:00 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
whining...

Wormholes aren't getting nerfed, because the rewards are in line with the risks...

Deal with it.

Or cry more, your actually pretty entertaining in a "special" kind of way...

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#208 - 2012-04-19 02:38:14 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:

lol oh lord
DarthNefarius
#209 - 2012-04-19 02:44:37 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:

lol oh lord

I know... my lord the ISK equivalent of these materials produced monthly must be STAGGERING!Attention Pretty much every T2 module needs techtanium ( which is HUGE ) and every T3 ship needs nano ribbons ( pretty large )
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Apolyon I
Shadow of ISW
#210 - 2012-04-19 02:54:11 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:

lol oh lord

I know... my lord the ISK equivalent of these materials produced monthly must be STAGGERING!Attention Pretty much every T2 module needs techtanium ( which is HUGE ) and every T3 ship needs nano ribbons ( pretty large )

you jelly??

how about the huge pile of LP that incursion runners get??
DarthNefarius
#211 - 2012-04-19 04:23:15 UTC
I'm still asking CCP: In the sanbox o Eve: What is Escalating in J-space (according to the features webpage & DEV blogs absolutely nuthin' ) & how are the peeps in Wormholes going to be swept up into the Inferno a month later? Only thing I hear WH'ers participating in Inferno is thowing gas onto the inflation fire with blue loot while bounties elsewhere get a 10% nerf.
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#212 - 2012-04-19 04:34:07 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
I'm still asking CCP: In the sanbox o Eve: What is Escalating in J-space (according to the features webpage & DEV blogs absolutely nuthin' ) & how are the peeps in Wormholes going to be swept up into the Inferno a month later? Only thing I hear WH'ers participating in Inferno is thowing gas onto the inflation fire with blue loot while bounties elsewhere get a 10% nerf.

You are either the most dense person in game, or you are trolling.

No trolling please

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#213 - 2012-04-19 09:42:28 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Listen to Dr E you obviously haven't... he states in the writing of a graph the percentage of Eve doing incursion he also states the number of peeps living in WH's ( ergo the the number of people doing sites is less unless 100% of them are).

This is kind of the point, you've clearly never run wormholes, yet have chosen to comment on them. The number of people running wormhole sites is not <= the number of people living in them.

People scan down sites in high sec, jump in and run c1/c2 wormholes in their drakes or overpriced tengus. Similarly, people scan down C3s in low sec and do the same, a lot of major null sec alliances scan down c5/c6 whs and have entire capital ops where they jump in and clear capital escalation sites. In fact recently I think -A- took over a few WH systems for this very purpose.

None of these people live in wormholes, they live in high sec, low sec and null sec, yet they likely contribute just as much to the total amount of blue loot farmed as any WH dweller. And this is why your stats are completely useless, because the number of people living in wormholes, which is hard to calculate accurately anyway, is not even remotely related to the number of people raiding wormholes for PvE content.

DarthNefarius wrote:
If you cannot connect the dots & do the math I suggest remedial algebra. So where are your numbers comming from ( oh wait there are no numbers so yours are straight outta your bum ) It would be nice if there was a published number of peeps doing WH sites but the numbers he provides just shows the people doing Incursion sites ( HI/LO/NULL ) vs the number living in WH space.

If you're talking about the graph showing the number of incursions runners that is fairly useless for your purposes for the reason stated above. But, assuming it was useful, that looks like ~17,000 people running incursions, right?

How many active subscribers does Eve online have? >400,000 as of last month? And 5.4% of them are in wormholes?

400,000 x 0.054 = 21,600

So there are 4,000 more people "living" in wormholes, than there are running incursions? Oh wow, and people raid WHs on top of that?

Now GTFO Darth and never try and use statistics to support your terrible ideas again.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#214 - 2012-04-19 10:34:35 UTC
You go on a lot about Incursions being nerfed and wormholes being left alone. You also wheel out a lot of dodgy statistics to try and prove your point but I don't see you doing a comparison of the relative risks and logistical difficulties between HiSec Incursions and wormhole dwelling.

I don't think you will ever do such a comparison, partly because it is obvious that you have never lived for any time in wormhole space but mainly I suspect because it would blow your argument out of the water.

Everyone gets nerfed sooner or later, live with it.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#215 - 2012-04-19 14:36:20 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:
Listen to Dr E you obviously haven't... he states in the writing of a graph the percentage of Eve doing incursion he also states the number of peeps living in WH's ( ergo the the number of people doing sites is less unless 100% of them are).

This is kind of the point, you've clearly never run wormholes, yet have chosen to comment on them. The number of people running wormhole sites is not <= the number of people living in them.

People scan down sites in high sec, jump in and run c1/c2 wormholes in their drakes or overpriced tengus. Similarly, people scan down C3s in low sec and do the same, a lot of major null sec alliances scan down c5/c6 whs and have entire capital ops where they jump in and clear capital escalation sites. In fact recently I think -A- took over a few WH systems for this very purpose.

None of these people live in wormholes, they live in high sec, low sec and null sec, yet they likely contribute just as much to the total amount of blue loot farmed as any WH dweller. And this is why your stats are completely useless, because the number of people living in wormholes, which is hard to calculate accurately anyway, is not even remotely related to the number of people raiding wormholes for PvE content.

DarthNefarius wrote:
If you cannot connect the dots & do the math I suggest remedial algebra. So where are your numbers comming from ( oh wait there are no numbers so yours are straight outta your bum ) It would be nice if there was a published number of peeps doing WH sites but the numbers he provides just shows the people doing Incursion sites ( HI/LO/NULL ) vs the number living in WH space.

If you're talking about the graph showing the number of incursions runners that is fairly useless for your purposes for the reason stated above. But, assuming it was useful, that looks like ~17,000 people running incursions, right?

How many active subscribers does Eve online have? >400,000 as of last month? And 5.4% of them are in wormholes?

400,000 x 0.054 = 21,600

So there are 4,000 more people "living" in wormholes, than there are running incursions? Oh wow, and people raid WHs on top of that?

Now GTFO Darth and never try and use statistics to support your terrible ideas again.

I wish there were a +10,000 for a post.

Darth, WH's don't need an "escalation" because we are as escalated as it gets (w/o Sov war). If you can't get it through your head, I suggest you stop using a ball-peen hammer to install your implants...

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Joe Skellington
Sarz'na Khumatari
#216 - 2012-04-19 14:49:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Joe Skellington
OP is too dense and hard to read, or is it just me?

Please note that ASCII art is not permitted in the forum signatures. Spitfire

KrakizBad
Section 8.
#217 - 2012-04-19 15:00:28 UTC
I now support buffing WH's by 10%.
IGNATIUS HOOD
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#218 - 2012-04-19 15:54:59 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Incursions getting nerfed & drone alloys getting nerfed why are the blue loot NPC buy orders not getting nerfed to to help with the inflation?!?! The Pax Amarrian nerf was a good precendent of a NPC sell order which was balanced next the sleeper blue loot NPC buy order should be cut in the name of balance. A possible bounty 10% cut is being thrown around too by CCP Soundwave. Only one currenntly smelling like a rose is the Wormhole residents with the Escalation to Inferno. Lets have the current inflation mean the end fo Empire NPC's no longer being able to affford to buy sleeper crap (NPC buy orders) which is non ribbons (blue loot) which acually adds something to Eve & empire ( at least with Incursions Capsuleers are providing a service to Empire residents what has blueloot added to Empire's security? ) . LETS HAVE EVERYONE FEEL THE PAIN OF ESCALATING INFERNO[:!: A pox on EVERYONE'S house

W-Space is perfectly fine and working as intended. Its dangerous being there. Nothing is free, nothing is easy, nothing is safe, nothing is guaranteed. Venture there sometime you'll quickly see what I mean. Twisted
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."   --H.L. Mencken
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#219 - 2012-04-19 17:33:08 UTC
WHs are more dangerous and lack many conveniences 0.0 has. If you're looking for something to nerf, check out 0.0.

But nullbears are CCPs sacred cow. They'll never do anything to upset them.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#220 - 2012-04-19 21:30:55 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Kirell wrote:
I will confirm something for all of you that aren't aware of how much money you can make in wormholes.

I've been living ina C4 wormhole up until recently (I removed everything as I am leaving the game and sellign this char off ad I've recently sold several other chars) I was going to biomass but friends implored me not to mostly because they didn't want everything to go to waste. So to help them enjoy EVE more I'm giving everything away to them.

Anyways.

Wormholes are as someone in this thread stated, a fountain of isk.

In a C4 static C3 (C247) wormhole I could re-roll wormholes in a matter of minutes. I could then scan out a C3 quickly with a max skilled scanning char, and close/bubble any Wh's in that C3. I could run the sites with little to no risk. making approx 300 mil an hour with 3 characters.

The only risk - new Wh's opening up into the system I am running. EASY TO NEGATE just scan every sig, eliminate them (or write down the codes) keep a probe up in system that covers the entire system. watch for ne WH's while doing sleepers = EASY.

C4's I was making around 400 mil an hour using 3 chars - 1 in a carrier and 2 maelstroms. EASY.

C5's make EVEN MORE isk. But need at least 2 people flying 2 chars each totalling 4 tengu's. If you can escalate the sites then even better. You can make approx 500-700 mil an hour iN C5's.

And even with all these precautions, you will still get ganked at some point. Just the nature of the beast. We caught 3 tengus who did this same exact thing. Incoming wh's were bubbled and had mass put through them. It didn't save them.

The point being is that incursions dont have any of these risks. You shouldn't be making as much as wormhole space.

Lastly, Earl Gray tea is the best

Tea. Earl Gray. Hot.

Well played. You may now proceed with the Picard maneuver

No trolling please