These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Announcing the Officers of CSM 7

First post
Author
Minister of Death
Colossus Enterprises
#41 - 2012-04-05 02:47:13 UTC
Grats to the new CSM and officers. Well done.

Here's to a great year!

Seamus MacMartin
VNM Biological Survey Corps
#42 - 2012-04-05 02:57:49 UTC
Gratz to the entirety of CSM7!

Hans gets to be Secretary of Vice.

How cool is that?Cool

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." - Eric Hoffer

"A warrior may choose pacifism. Others are condemned to it." - Unknown

Powers Sa
#43 - 2012-04-05 04:50:07 UTC
I hope this means that titanhavers will start logging in now.

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#44 - 2012-04-05 05:12:51 UTC
Asuri Kinnes wrote:
Two step wrote:
CSM 7 Chairman - Seleene

C/D Seleene was overheard at fanfest discussing/advocating some "unnamed" mechanic to put more mass/time on wormholes?

GL Two-Step.

Yeah, that was the T3 Super Titans. Since they are modular, you can configure them specifically to do different things (combat, industry, exploration, etc...). Each configuration is very versitile seeing as how there are seven sub-systems. One of the exploration configurations allows you to place a 'Mass Generator' at each end of a Super Titan. You then fly the Super Titan into a wormhole and use the mid-ship sub-system to 'anchor' the ship in transit. Once this is done, you essentially have half of the Super Titan in the wormhole and outside of it in normal space. You then activate the mass generators on each end of the titan, thus creating a stabilization effect that keeps the wormhole from collapsing.

It's a very expensive solution but quite involved and awesome. Smile

There, now you have a name for it. Enjoy!

2004-2008: Mercenary Coalition Boss

2007-2010: CCP Game Designer | 2011-2013: CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman

2011-2015: Pandemic Legionnaire

2015- : Mercenary Coalition Boss

Follow Seleene on Twitter!

Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2012-04-05 05:33:47 UTC
Congrats to all (again). Hopefully now that things for CSM7 are official we might get some more visible activity as to the future?

Given the fiasco since fanfest it would be nice to see some potence from the CSM.

Otherwise: "Where do they keep the Nuklea Wessels?" Blink
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#46 - 2012-04-05 05:38:17 UTC
Hey nice!

Congratulations and good luck guys Cool

Harrigan VonStudly
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#47 - 2012-04-05 05:41:49 UTC
Congrats to all CSM officers. Like the year that brought about Crucible and next, Inferno, we expect much from you.
I suspect you shall deliver. Pirate
FrFrmPukin
Multiplex Gaming
Tactical Narcotics Team
#48 - 2012-04-05 06:08:36 UTC
Super Titans???? This is what the CSM panel has to offer already .. I miss OVEGlove already.. :sadface:
Dorn Val
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2012-04-05 06:20:42 UTC
Seleene wrote:

Yeah, that was the T3 Super Titans. Since they are modular, you can configure them specifically to do different things (combat, industry, exploration, etc...). Each configuration is very versitile seeing as how there are seven sub-systems. One of the exploration configurations allows you to place a 'Mass Generator' at each end of a Super Titan. You then fly the Super Titan into a wormhole and use the mid-ship sub-system to 'anchor' the ship in transit. Once this is done, you essentially have half of the Super Titan in the wormhole and outside of it in normal space. You then activate the mass generators on each end of the titan, thus creating a stabilization effect that keeps the wormhole from collapsing.

There are two things that make W space special: No one shows up in local unless they are stupid enough to talk in it, and mass limits on worm holes. As someone who lives in W space I don't want to see either of those two things changed. Thank God Two Step is still on the CSM!

Now if you want a really good idea then check this out -a change that would make the game look a little less like spread sheets in space...

Sandbox: An enclosed area filled with sand for children engaged in open-ended, unstructured, imaginative play. Also a place for cats to urinate and defecate...

Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#50 - 2012-04-05 06:54:31 UTC
Dorn Val wrote:
There are two things that make W space special: No one shows up in local unless they are stupid enough to talk in it, and mass limits on worm holes. As someone who lives in W space I don't want to see either of those two things changed. Thank God Two Step is still on the CSM!

A few fun WH facts:

* No local was almost not a feature; a last stand of sorts took by CCP Greyscale and myself place to make sure it stayed in place.
* Same thing with CONCORD being in C1-C2 class WH's. Can you imagine?
* The 'mass' mechanics came about because I was right in the middle of re-reading the Honor Harrington books.

As an aside, if you've never seen my presentation at FanFest in 2009, the first few minutes of it show the actual Powerpoint slides that our team used to 'sell' the WH feature to the executive board:

EVE Online Fanfest 2009 - Game Design Retrospective

Empathic Psychopath
Cult of the Crayon
#51 - 2012-04-05 07:03:26 UTC
Zxmagus wrote:
Welp time for more super caps online, since keeping them intact is all seleene seems to care about.

Awwwwww, feeling a wee bit butthurt? Or just sour grapes? both?

Eggs -> single basket...oops!

Maybe instead of spreading the hate you guys should have actually participated in the election process and opened your ears and eyes a bit wider than your single collective mouth.

10058 kisses to make all the hurt go away Oops
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#52 - 2012-04-05 08:07:58 UTC
To summarize:
1. The candidate who got almost as many votes as the three next best candidates is not on the CSM
2. The second-placed candidate was spurned by all of the CSM except its most annoying member for the position of chairman in favor of the seventh-placed candidate

The reasons for No. 1 are known. No. 2 truly baffles me. I was under the impression that Two Step has been a widely respected member of CSM 6. Is it because he was too close to The Mittani (who seemed to assume that Two Step would be chairman), and the rest of the gang feel that it's finally their moment in the light, now that the Emperor has been pulled down?

I guess there won't be any honest information about any of this in this thread. Maybe someone can direct me to other sources.

Anyway, this CSM is a farce. Those who lost the election are now in complete control of the CSM. And they're guys from proven RMT alliances, no less.

Tahnil
Gunboat Commando
#53 - 2012-04-05 08:55:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tahnil
Quote:
10058 kisses to make all the hurt go away

How can anybody rejoice about 10k of votes devalued and not counted at all? That's nearly 20% of all cast votes. A large portion of the voters will has been flushed down the toilet.

This CSM is no representation of the voters will. It has no legitimation at all.

Especially the election of the chairman smells like a coup d'état. The CSM members grossly ignored the voters will.

I hope that CCP will treat the counsel of CSM 7 with some reservation. To be honest, the whole election should have been re-run.

PS: I'm not a goon Lol
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#54 - 2012-04-05 08:59:57 UTC
Seleene wrote:
Asuri Kinnes wrote:
Two step wrote:
CSM 7 Chairman - Seleene

C/D Seleene was overheard at fanfest discussing/advocating some "unnamed" mechanic to put more mass/time on wormholes?

GL Two-Step.

No more supercaps or titans please. Not everyone has the bots or rmt resources available like pl to get them.
Lisatrommi
Henchman Ltd
#55 - 2012-04-05 09:22:10 UTC
Tahnil wrote:
Quote:
10058 kisses to make all the hurt go away

How can anybody rejoice about 10k of votes devalued and not counted at all? That's nearly 20% of all cast votes. A large portion of the voters will has been flushed down the toilet.

This CSM is no representation of the voters will. It has no legitimation at all.

Especially the election of the chairman smells like a coup d'état. The CSM members grossly ignored the voters will.

I hope that CCP will treat the counsel of CSM 7 with some reservation. To be honest, the whole election should have been re-run.

PS: I'm not a goon Lol

AKA 2k goons + their alts.

You say they ignored "voter's will;" I say things turned out pretty much exactly how I hoped they would from the start...
Oxandrolone
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2012-04-05 10:56:53 UTC
Why did the person with the 2nd most votes not inherit chairman when mittani was booted off?

Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#57 - 2012-04-05 11:52:05 UTC
Oxandrolone wrote:
Why did the person with the 2nd most votes not inherit chairman when mittani was booted off?

Click me and have questions answered.

Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#58 - 2012-04-05 12:00:07 UTC
Just because the rules technically allow you to ignore the popular vote does not mean you had to.

Not even the second spot for the guy who got by far the most votes of all remaining delegates. If you guys had any integrity you'd be ashamed. You slapped him and the voters squarely in the face.

Not my chairman.

Vile rat
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#59 - 2012-04-05 12:07:28 UTC
While they are hiding behind the white paper to make a fairly blatant power grab away from Two Step, I have a dirty little secret for all y'all.

The chairman position is meaningless and is a holdover from the old days when voting happened in formal meetings in some dumb irc channel. There is no real power in the Chair that any member of the CSM can't claim for themselves by posting, chatting, doing interviews. The Chair has no power over individual CSM members and can no more form a consensus based on their role as Chair as any other member can. Maybe they are the go-to guy for CCP meet&greet interviews or something but if anybody thinks this is anything but window dressing they are fooling themselves.

I HOPE THIS HELPS!

Tahnil
Gunboat Commando
#60 - 2012-04-05 12:54:40 UTC
From a political and psychological perspective it was a great error to NOT elect Two Step as a chairman. The CSM had already lost a great deal of its legitimation by the dismissal of The Mittani right at the beginning of the new election period. By choosing one of the weaker runner-ups and not the second in vote, legitimation has not been restored in the least, but further eroded.

The community shall have a very close look at all steps that are being taken by CSM 7. To my mind CSM 7 elections were very much about the »nerf supercaps issue«, and The Mittani was the impressive winner of the elections. You can only interpret this result as (1) a tribute to how he managed affairs in the past year and (2) a clear mandate to CSM 7 to proceed in the footsteps of The Mittanis political agenda. If CSM 7 should try to reverse the accomplishments of CSM 6 with regards to supercaps and other issues, then the election of Seleene will be regarded as a real coup d'état, and a true mockery of the voter's will.

Good luck, Seleene. You took a heavy burden by running for chairman, and your chairmanship is already overshadowed.

And @Two Step: don't let yourself be fobbed off by »one of the most demanding posts on the CSM«. You got a clear mandate to take a leadership position in CSM 7. Don't let that be overshadowed by a technicality like this unfortunate chairman election.