These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Dev Blog: Alliance Panel at Fanfest 2012: The Conclusion

First post First post
Author
Nylith Empyreal
Blood Marauders
#121 - 2012-03-28 22:58:09 UTC
Major Spag wrote:
Heath Ornitz wrote:
~ 10,058 ~

Not empty quoting

A pebble in the sand.

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

Raneru
Contemplate
#122 - 2012-03-28 22:58:13 UTC
One minute you're back on form after a successful fanfest, the next, you're back to Jita riots....

Never a dull moment in Eve.
Corelin
Drinkin' Bros Nerd's Space Force
#123 - 2012-03-28 22:58:28 UTC
/me grabs popcorn.

Major Spag
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#124 - 2012-03-28 22:59:00 UTC
Nylith Empyreal wrote:
Major Spag wrote:
Avila Cracko wrote:
Good job CCP.
EULA/ToS violations are serious business.
And one lawyer need to know what a contract is.

Mittani is survived this without serious consequence (It could be worse) so be happy and do not attack CCP for the right right (and light) verdict.

Fun Fact: Real Life comments are not reflective of any EULA/TOS agreement. Sorry, but if I say racial slurs in real life, that does not mean I am banned from all of the online games I play.

Fun fact, the fucks ccp give about your what is and is not on the TOS/EULA just left building.

Fun Fact: You need to stop posting before you seriously injure yourself.
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#125 - 2012-03-28 22:59:22 UTC
The Mittani isn't even gone for a day and CCP's management is already making bad decisions.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Anishoara
Federal Institute Service
#126 - 2012-03-28 22:59:26 UTC
Another statue to burn ? lol.
Infinimo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#127 - 2012-03-28 22:59:26 UTC
Machine Delta wrote:
You guys should ban me because I am sitting in my room saying EULA/TOS breaking things out loud in front of the monitor.

i just told some guy in jabber to kill himself, I think i broke the EULA??

Theta Squad best squad. Monocle crew represent~

Moon Kitten
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#128 - 2012-03-28 22:59:35 UTC
As one of the voters for Mittani I am -extremely- disappointed by the actions of CCP. Apparently my votes are now meaningless. I don't appreciate being punished by CCP for something I had nothing to do with. If another vote is not forthcoming I will be .. displeased.
Blawrf McTaggart
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#129 - 2012-03-28 22:59:39 UTC
Infinimo wrote:
jita will burn

Aryth
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#130 - 2012-03-28 22:59:41 UTC
CCP, let me lay this out for you. I get you cannot go back on this decision without looking bad.

You bring people to Iceland. You encourage them to get roaring drunk, you stream this in HD while profiting off it. Then you punish them for out of game actions at said event.

Did you not forsee something like this happening? Really?

What all players should gain from this. Fanfest is not a safe environment to interact with fellow players. It has in-game consequences. I hope you are clear on future fanfest purchasing pages that any actions at your events have in-game consequences.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Ilarra
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#131 - 2012-03-28 22:59:43 UTC
So griefing now qualifies as breaking the EULA, but you can get off scot free for breaking the CSM NDA.
Rex Augustus
Perkone
Caldari State
#132 - 2012-03-28 22:59:44 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Secondly, this is an overreaction and severe overstep. TOS doesn't apply to OOG activities, and it's CCP's responsibility to filter even commentary in a unscripted Q&A. If that means the broadcast needs to be delayed 30s for editing, alcohol consumption limits imposed on presenters, whatever, then do it.

CCP is disenfranchising 10,058 votes with this move. The ban is unacceptable enough as it is, however removing from the CSM the single largest vote recipient in the history of CSM over OOG statements is just mindboggling stupid.

Jita will Burn. If you thought the Jita Protest were bad, they were nothing, NOTHING compared to what will be done now.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#133 - 2012-03-28 22:59:49 UTC
Yuki 0nna wrote:
Slow in coming, but well done.

A strong firewall against further damage if this story has legs.

More like another chance for CCP to get raped in the media. Literally invalidating ten thousand votes? THAT's going to make them look wonderful, isn't it.
Schwa Nuts
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#134 - 2012-03-28 22:59:49 UTC
I can't say GO **** YOURSELVES loud enough to clearly express my thoughts.
Infinimo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#135 - 2012-03-28 22:59:54 UTC
free the mittani

Theta Squad best squad. Monocle crew represent~

Lenrir Andven
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#136 - 2012-03-28 22:59:59 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
School Nickname Worldmonkey wrote:
CCP, you literally better give me my assfucking vote back. I'm Irish and can legitimately live with the illusion of democracy where my elected representative makes no decisions, but deposing the people's King of Space goes too far.

I propose that you give all those who voted for Mittani their votes back, which will now become STV votes.

why not every player voted... only 15% of the player base voted remember...

and you voted for a person who broke eula/tos... thats not ccps fault... you voted for a idiot... thats your fault... not mine...

two step is now the logical chioce... and the next person inline who did not get voted in should now be the 14th csm... plain and simple...

your brosefs....

deal wit it!

Yet that isn't how a electoral system works.

Cripes, can't believe how many pubbies have little to no brain cells to comprehend how an election works.
Josef Djugashvilis
#137 - 2012-03-28 23:00:05 UTC
I was abroad last year and missed all the Jita riots fun.

Something tells me this may be even more fun.

Mittens to his credit, (having made a t*t of homslf in Iceland) has acted with considerable decency since his return.

He as publicly and privately apologised to the person concerned and has taken 'step two'

Is it now up to the Goons to behave and act as well as their leader has.

This is not a signature.

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#138 - 2012-03-28 23:00:05 UTC
Typical CCP problem solving, bad press? Ban everyone, ask questions later.

How cool that you have big plans for expanding on war and combat, when an (admittedly bad, but still a) joke told out of game gets people banned.
Li Malak
Perkone
Caldari State
#139 - 2012-03-28 23:00:16 UTC
Bull-*******-****.

I am schocked and disgusted by CCP's decision to ban The Mittani from serving on CSM 7. The Mittani received over 10,000 votes; more than the next two highest vote-getters COMBINED. To throw him off of the CSM 7 is a travesty. CCP's actions harken back to the days of teh t20 scandle, and the unjust destruction of those who spoke up on the issue. CCP and all CCP employees should feel a deep personal shame over today's actions.

~10,058~
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#140 - 2012-03-28 23:00:20 UTC
Machine Delta wrote:
You guys should ban me because I am sitting in my room saying EULA/TOS breaking things out loud in front of the monitor.

Not emptyquoting