These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Escalation to Inferno Deployment Information

First post
Author
Warrior Xena
Black Wormholes of Apocrypha
TOGETHER WE STAND
#41 - 2012-04-23 18:04:35 UTC
Rivqua wrote:
Dread tracking in siege is not being changed at all. Titan Tracking is being nerfed. So Dreads are in a relative boost. It isn't that hard to read and figure out :)

Tracking and sig resolution are different parameters. That's why i asked how that corumla changes for the siege on dreads.

BTW and are dreads only used in siege mode ?
Ager Agemo
Rainbow Ponies Incorporated
#42 - 2012-04-23 18:10:10 UTC
Warrior Xena wrote:
Rivqua wrote:
Dread tracking in siege is not being changed at all. Titan Tracking is being nerfed. So Dreads are in a relative boost. It isn't that hard to read and figure out :)

Tracking and sig resolution are different parameters. That's why i asked how that corumla changes for the siege on dreads.

BTW and are dreads only used in siege mode ?

with their silly 1000- or so dps when not in siegue mode... uh yes?
Warrior Xena
Black Wormholes of Apocrypha
TOGETHER WE STAND
#43 - 2012-04-23 18:12:12 UTC
Ager Agemo wrote:
with their silly 1000- or so dps when not in siegue mode... uh yes?

now that with the new change will only be like 10- :( so most likely, yes.
Luwc
State War Academy
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-04-23 18:13:19 UTC
so extended downtime for nothing ?!

CCP - Y U NO MAKE PROPER PATCH

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-04-23 18:34:54 UTC
Luwc wrote:
so extended downtime for nothing ?!

CCP - Y U NO MAKE PROPER PATCH

Care to elaborate on why you think this isn't a "proper" patch?
Ebisou
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-04-23 18:37:22 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:
TheButcherPete wrote:
Still no word on if the alloys will disappear or not, from player inventories.

They're still supposed to be dropping from Drone missions. There's no reason to completely remove them.

Please clarify: Are mission drones still going to drop minerals, and only drone region drones will have bounties?

If you're going to change drones, just go ahead and change them all already!
Silly HoBag
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2012-04-23 18:49:58 UTC
so lost why are people whining about the dreads?

Dreads get there siege tracking penalty removed... thats a buff to dread tracking

The sig radius issue for guns is only for XL ... ON TITANS NOT DREADS, it was for all XL on sisi for like a minute while they were working on it, they said in patch notes its TITAN ONLY.
I'm Down
Macabre Votum
Northern Coalition.
#48 - 2012-04-23 18:50:01 UTC

Quote:
The sig/sig ratio is multiplied by the transversal/tracking*range ratio.

If you're not following the other thread, The Capital changes just boosted dreads performance vs sub capitals, and provided virtually no change to titans vs BS/BC platforms. Guess it wasn't "Capital Ships Online" enough already.
Astroniomix
Caldari State
#49 - 2012-04-23 18:53:16 UTC
I'm Down wrote:

Quote:

If you're not following the other thread, The Capital changes just boosted dreads performance vs sub capitals, and provided virtually no change to titans vs BS/BC platforms. Guess it wasn't "Capital Ships Online" enough already.

If you read the patch notes you will see that they also changed the formula for titans so that ships with a lower sig radius than the gun's resolution take less damage. AKA: the perma MWD drakefleets with the sig radius of a fleet of carriers are still ******.Big smile
I'm Down
Macabre Votum
Northern Coalition.
#50 - 2012-04-23 19:03:13 UTC
Astroniomix wrote:
I'm Down wrote:

Quote:

If you read the patch notes you will see that they also changed the formula for titans so that ships with a lower sig radius than the gun's resolution take less damage. AKA: the perma MWD drakefleets with the sig radius of a fleet of carriers are still ******.Big smile

Target painters can get virtually any ship ship cruiser and above higher than 500 sig res. BC and above get near full damage after painters. It takes 1 mothership with faction painters to boost an entire Titan fleet's DPS capabilities. That 1 painting SC will also now make Dreads the new Titans in blap performance, for way less isk, and will boost Fighter bomber DPS up to nearly 3500 DPS. That means that one minor tweak to fleet performance will nullify virtually any change to titans beyond hitting frigs and some cruiser threats, while boosting dreads to the point of titan Blap fit potential.

This is why you don't avoid mechanic flaws and actually fix the problem.
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2012-04-23 19:07:21 UTC
Warrior Xena wrote:
I agree to that, but right now the dreads are hardly effective against battleships ( requiring 3-4 target painters to actually hit them ). With the new change, they will be completely useless. Usually in eve every ship is efficient against ships the same size or one size smaller. What will the dreads be good for ?

Orbital bombardment!
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Iam Widdershins
Project Nemesis
#52 - 2012-04-23 19:09:37 UTC
Quote:
Modules are sorted on the market by decreasing metalevel. So when you scroll down you should see increasingly more awesome modules.

It seems to me that the modules should be sorted by increasing metalevel. This way, more commonly used modules (T2) are more readily available near the top of the list rather than requiring that you scroll past various numbers of officer, deadspace, faction, and storyline modules that may or may not exist for that type.

Lobbying for your right to delete your signature

Phi Doe
BRAZZERS WORLD FAMOUS HEAVY INDUSTRIES
#53 - 2012-04-23 19:11:48 UTC
So I assume the passive income nerf (ie changing datacore system) has been postponed until next major patch/expansion?
Dawne Xi
3D Salvage and Acquisitions
#54 - 2012-04-23 19:14:42 UTC
Quote:
The overview is now sorted correctly directly after undocking.

Would be really nice if this was done when jumping through stargates

Having your overview sorted by distance, furthest things at the top, to closer things at the bottom, combined with the mouse locking the overview sort when you're moving it over the overview, makes stargates and stations jump down your overview as ships are appearing near the gate. New ships appear at the TOP of the overview sort, and this really makes traveling manually very frustrating at times, misclicking or chasing down the gate / station you want to warp to next. I've put feedback in the Crucible thread that this mouse hovering locking your overview needs to be optional, but I guess it was ignored or just hasn't made it into the patch yet.
Droxlyn
Caldari State
#55 - 2012-04-23 19:18:16 UTC
Iam Widdershins wrote:
Quote:
Modules are sorted on the market by decreasing metalevel. So when you scroll down you should see increasingly more awesome modules.

It seems to me that the modules should be sorted by increasing metalevel. This way, more commonly used modules (T2) are more readily available near the top of the list rather than requiring that you scroll past various numbers of officer, deadspace, faction, and storyline modules that may or may not exist for that type.

Uh, I'm confused.

The patch notes say decreasing metalevel, but the words say increasing.
Your counter flips both.
I want the list in increasing order where metalevel 0 is first such that the theoretical cheapest and least powerful is listed first.
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#56 - 2012-04-23 19:33:30 UTC
Droxlyn wrote:
Iam Widdershins wrote:
Quote:

Uh, I'm confused.

The patch notes say decreasing metalevel, but the words say increasing.
Your counter flips both.
I want the list in increasing order where metalevel 0 is first such that the theoretical cheapest and least powerful is listed first.

How long have you been playing this game?

The documentation is always inaccurate and frequently contradicts itself, go by what you see when it's live.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#57 - 2012-04-23 19:42:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Che Biko
I have a question about this:
Quote:
* Hints that only repeated the original text in the scroll entry have been removed.

Does that mean that if I hover over some text that is too long to fit in the field it can no longer be completely seen by hovering over it, and that I will have to make the field larger to read the whole text?
If so, I have to object to this change as it removes a useful thing, and ask why this is done.What?
Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#58 - 2012-04-23 19:42:43 UTC
Warrior Xena wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
The sig/sig ratio is multiplied by the transversal/tracking*range ratio. Halving the tracking doubles the size of the second ratio, and doubling the size of the second ratio is the same as doubling the size of the first ratio. Halving tracking speed is the same as doubling sig resolution. Honestly it's completely redundant mathematically to have both terms as they're both static authored values that have the same mechanical effect, but there are benefits for the "readability" of the balance work to having both.

I agree to that, but right now the dreads are hardly effective against battleships ( requiring 3-4 target painters to actually hit them ). With the new change, they will be completely useless. Usually in eve every ship is efficient against ships the same size or one size smaller. What will the dreads be good for ?

Dreads new function will be null sec mining, once they release the capital mining laser.
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2012-04-23 19:48:53 UTC
Another great patch ahead. Too early to tell if it will be bug free, but with the all the kewl content provided - you shall be forgiven :)

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

O'Sheagada
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2012-04-23 20:13:33 UTC
And here I was waiting for the AWP from Counterstrike...