These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Dev Blog: UI and I – Our Little Improvements Together V2

First post First post
Author
Killajoules
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#221 - 2012-05-23 03:57:46 UTC
Two feature requests please!

1. Ability to Drag n' Drop tutorials from the help menu into chat (to better help newbros)

2. Ability to Shift + Drag multiple/ groups [set quantity] of items (this would make importing to planets much less click intensive)
Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#222 - 2012-05-28 19:59:27 UTC
minuseb wrote:
DrCrowley wrote:
copy paste from V1

My suggestion:
Combat log save locally or be persistent.

Yesterday I got killed by another cruiser on my Caracal. I had 3 different missiles equipped so i wondered which did the most damage. I docked so I am not a sitting duck in space but the log was cleared and there is no way for me to see what happened to learn from it.

maybe i'm missing something but logs are saved in txt files, check your c:\users\xxxname\documents\eve\logs\gamelogs (where xxxname is the name of your user)

logs are named using date/time info and shouldnt be a problem to locate a particular log

also you can upload the logs to sites like this to interpret that info in a nicer way :)
http://eveboard.com/combat/

The only problem with this is it generates a new log file for every session change. I cleared this folder about a month ago and it had 447,000 log files, by no means easy to sort through.
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#223 - 2012-05-28 20:09:24 UTC
Killajoules wrote:

1. Ability to Drag n' Drop tutorials from the help menu into chat (to better help newbros)

I love this idea... let's do it! Smile

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#224 - 2012-05-28 20:53:10 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Killajoules wrote:

and skills from the skill list to chat if you are at it

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Dex Tera
XER'S LONE SOLOS CLUB
#225 - 2012-05-28 21:36:14 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
DrHeinz Doofenshmirtz wrote:
Could the Modules Variations be ordered by meta level and not by alphabetical order, for each 'Tech' level.

The alphabetical order is useless
-Modules don't follow strict naming conventions. some have apostrophes some don't and it makes the current sort break anyways.
ie: E500 Prototype Energy Vampire (why u no heavy)
Heavy 'Ghoul' Energy Siphon
Heavy 'Knave' ...
Heavy Diminishing ...
-There's not that many items for each subsection ("Tech") so really alphabetical order isn't needed.
Not really true for the officer section, still it would be more useful to know the meta level

If i have to find a Meta4 Variation i have to click show info on every single variation to find out which one is m4. If you think the alphabetical order is important then just add a meta level column, displaying the meta level right there for each module. I realize i could use compare, but it shouldn't be needed just to find out which version is the meta 4 one, compare is awesome but it's also slow.
good point, I'll add it to my list to check out P

Uh i have said this b4 as well as other ppl and i still dont know why it hasnt been done yet but why not just put a meta tag on the icon of the item it hase 4 corners and at present olny one corner is being used i thnk it wold be pretty simple to do and wold stop ppl from always pissing about not know what meta lvl an item is and showing info all the time then having to scroll doyn the info window just to read a singel digit is ridiculous also while your at it can u put a option to "sot by meta lvl" in the right click menu of the icon view i know this would make not just me but everone in new eden less likely to want to stab the new UI to death thanks for considering this in advance Blink
Dex Tera
XER'S LONE SOLOS CLUB
#226 - 2012-05-28 22:27:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Dex Tera
CCP karkur wrote:
Killajoules wrote:

great idea the drag and drop function is totally under used just some ideas of the top of my head

1 dnd from overview this would auto link ship type as well as pilot (great lintel tool)

2 dnd skills form skills tab in character sheet

3 dnd notes from note pad would create an item version of the note that could be trade/put in a can also you could change the note pad to a data pad and maybe give it a cool new ui make it look like a scifi data pad and notes could be data chips WOOT!

also combine log with new scifi data pad it wold be cool to walk around in staion with my data pad in hand WOOT!

4 dnd from say any windows top tab too so i could help my new space bros find that sub sub window example say i could right click on my epic journals tab and drag it to chat so n00bie mcspacebro could click it and it would open their epic journals tab
(i chose epic journal tab because i thought this was an epic idea )

5 dnd book marks to chat so i could quickly share a bm with a non corp member probably my greatest idea yet also dnd bms to mails woot!

6 not really a dnd but what if i could right click on a system on my star map and copy then past an auto link in chat?

7 in the agent finder u can dnd an agents name but not his pic.....why?

8 FW window dnd system names from war zone control tab !!!

9 soooooooooo many things that could be dnd able in corp window such as

members from member list
crop icon from corp tab
crop recrutment advert
factions from liked by/haters
corps from our wars/all wars
aliances from ranking window
crops icon from members in aliances window

and also

certificates from certification planer

events from calender

i know there are some things that i have missed that other players would want dnd able but this list goes to prove how under utilized the dnd function is and i would be great if you would implemnt at least some of these ideas if not all
Jagoff Haverford
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#227 - 2012-06-13 07:55:11 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Well, we liked the idea, so when Escalation comes out, you can use the standard "copy" key combination, CTRL+C, to copy stuff from tables. If the scroll has focus, and you have an entry in it selected, only that entry will be copied. However, if the scroll has focus, but no entry is selected, CTRL+C will copy all the content of the scroll.]
I realize how old this thread is, but I've tried pointing this out in other devblog comments, and it's gotten no traction there. The ability to copy and paste data from tables into Excel is fantastic. I use it for my wallet, for market histories, and countless other places.

But one of the most important places that I used it -- note the past tense here -- was in managing my inventory. I would copy all of the detail-list data of my minerals container, for example, and paste it into Excel so that I could see how close I was to having everything I needed to build something. Those numbers could then be translated into how much ore I needed to mine in order to meet these needs. It was great. Again, note the past tense here.

This ability lasted all of a month. The new unified inventory does not allow the copying and pasting of data. This was such a great feature, and it's still so very useful in other tables within the game.

Can we please have this functionality restored to the inventory?
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#228 - 2012-06-13 08:49:47 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP karkur
Jagoff Haverford wrote:
Can we please have this functionality restored to the inventory?
Yes, we'll fix itSmile... and it was fixed today Smile

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Tarchus
#229 - 2012-07-01 21:56:14 UTC
Hello,
I was thinking about some new buttons for Strip Fitting.
A button which takes off all of your modules from the high slots, a button only for medium slots and another one for low slots.
These 3 buttons are in addition to the already Strip Fitting button from bottom right hand corner.
There are a lot of unused areas on the fitting screen.
Here's an example where they could be placed ( red areas ): http://i.imgur.com/U4KDR.jpg

That way I'm not forced to take off all the modules on the ship.

Thank You,
Tarchus

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1561140#post1561140