These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About Incarna's updates and return of Ship Spinning ?

First post
Author
BugraT WarheaD
#121 - 2011-09-19 10:15:51 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
I still don't quite know what to make of this.... 0.0 is suffering economically, alliance activity is stagnating in areas, supercaps are killing fun pretty much everywhere, age old POS updates and basic ship balance updates that are long overdue...

....but it appears that in the end, the *alleged* return of ship spinning is already having people declare that " EvE iz saved!! " :-P

I'm still struggling a bit ....months of protest, and THIS is what the pitchfork mobs are finally satiated by??

I must have been mistaken....I was informed that the theme of the Eve Online Tea Party Express was....."MAWR FiS"...and yet here it is that "Spinning in Stations" finally brings the first wave of tears of joy and relief.

*SIGH*

Man there's a big difference between being happy for a return of something helpfull in the Eve Online general Gameply and saying Yeah Eve will be achivied with this.

0.0 improvement will come, for now just be proud that CCP is listenning AND responding. Inspace gameplay will continue to be update ... I think Blink
Nataliya Barre
Men of Mayhem Inc.
Stockholm Syndrome.
#122 - 2011-09-19 10:42:32 UTC
Please ohh PLEASE dont forget to add Orca corp hangar functionality to the UI Evil
Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#123 - 2011-09-19 14:28:44 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

In retrospect, it shouldn't have been a surprise, we were simply too stubborn I guess. We wanted to up the bar on fidelity, as we have always done over the years, but it came at a cost.

Fidelity to what exactly?

I think the CQ Fidelity to Realism is bar none the best you can find in gaming at the moment.

However, the Fidelity to the EVE Universe comes short by forcing the "Pod Capsuleer" to leave his Capsule every time he docks up. I think it would be obviously time inefficient to have to shower up and get dressed everytime you dock to only repeat to get into another/same ship you were just in to make a quick stop in station.

Thanks for your answers Torfi. :)

Where I am.

Shasz
Jupiter Roughriders
No Forks Given
#124 - 2011-09-19 15:31:50 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

Sure. Losing the UI functionality was pretty bad, but it's being resolved.

Understatement is understated.

Loss of UI functionality has been pretty rampant lately and gets too easily brushed aside.

To name a few:
CTRL key still doesn't work properly as a hotkey combo in specific situations. (Reproduceable)
Sentry drones forget commands often and do their own thing.
Some PI windows do not pop to the front when given focus (Command center contents)
The loss of hangar mode / drag and drop ship activation.
The gun icons.

I'm very glad to hear these last two are being addressed finally!

Thanks very much for the updates!
Chichiing Meniyenn
DEEP-13
#125 - 2011-09-19 16:04:03 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
ship spinning is being implemented, as discussed with the csm in june. there was some code-fu involved in reviving the original code due to architectural changes that we did with CQ, which has to do with where you are physically. well physically in the eve universe.

anyway, the old hangar is up and running on a dev machine, awaiting some further UI coding. but it´s being done. can't comment on exact release date, that depends on a number of technical things. you will be able to toggle between it and captain's quartersq as you desire.

Put back what you took away, and I might just re-subscribe one of my accounts. You'll get more if you quit the greed games.
(written using a 5-day freebie)