These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About Incarna's updates and return of Ship Spinning ?

First post
Author
Josie Starshine
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2011-09-15 19:37:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Josie Starshine
Egads. So much complaining when you can just keybind instead. I dock and press 'c' and my cargo opens right up. I press 'i' and my items window opens. I press 'v' and my ships window opens. It's like magic. How you all survived the learning curve is beyond me. Roll
ISquishWorms
#42 - 2011-09-15 19:38:18 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
ship spinning is being implemented, as discussed with the csm in june. there was some code-fu involved in reviving the original code due to architectural changes that we did with CQ, which has to do with where you are physically. well physically in the eve universe.

anyway, the old hangar is up and running on a dev machine, awaiting some further UI coding. but it´s being done. can't comment on exact release date, that depends on a number of technical things. you will be able to toggle between it and captain's quartersq as you desire.

Thank you for listening and acting CCP <3

‘No, this isn't it at all. Make it more... psssshhhh’.

Versuvius Marii
Browncoats of Persephone
#43 - 2011-09-15 19:47:31 UTC
Soi Mala wrote:

Whats going to happen? Winter will come, and we still won't have the other CQ's, then CCP will release the winter expansion, the only content of which will be finishing what should have been done in incarna.

Fix'd your post for you Cool

The Gaming MoD - retro to modern, console to MMO, I blog about it if it's a game and I'm interested in it. Yes, I play games other than Eve and I don't care if you think I'm wrong.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#44 - 2011-09-15 19:54:18 UTC
♥♥♥
CCP t0rfifrans
C C P
C C P Alliance
#45 - 2011-09-15 20:02:23 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
ship spinning is being implemented, as discussed with the csm in june. there was some code-fu involved in reviving the original code due to architectural changes that we did with CQ, which has to do with where you are physically. well physically in the eve universe.

anyway, the old hangar is up and running on a dev machine, awaiting some further UI coding. but it´s being done. can't comment on exact release date, that depends on a number of technical things. you will be able to toggle between it and captain's quartersq as you desire.

NICE BUT WILL WE BE ABLE TO DRAG SHIPS TO THE HANGAR BACKGROUND TO BOARD THEM AND DOUBLE CLICK ANYWHERE TO OPEN CARGO AND ALL THAT COOL STUFF???????????? ShockedShockedShockedLol

due to the amount of all caps and emoticons, I'll check with the UI guys to make sure that's part of the story.

they say it will have that. so yes.
Zoe Arbosa
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2011-09-15 20:05:51 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

NICE BUT WILL WE BE ABLE TO DRAG SHIPS TO THE HANGAR BACKGROUND TO BOARD THEM AND DOUBLE CLICK ANYWHERE TO OPEN CARGO AND ALL THAT COOL STUFF???????????? ShockedShockedShockedLol

due to the amount of all caps and emoticons, I'll check with the UI guys to make sure that's part of the story.

A video blog demoing the above would probably cause much joy.
ISquishWorms
#47 - 2011-09-15 20:06:08 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

Carry on like this CCP I might just have to buy a monocle.

‘No, this isn't it at all. Make it more... psssshhhh’.

Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#48 - 2011-09-15 20:12:41 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

My pants, I need to change them.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#49 - 2011-09-15 20:35:09 UTC  |  Edited by: xxxTRUSTxxx
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

who's they ? the devs ? Blink
Dalmont Delantee
Gecko Corp
#50 - 2011-09-15 20:43:58 UTC
Torfi you get extra sextime with me!
Steph Wing
No Dukks Given
#51 - 2011-09-15 20:47:36 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
you will be able to toggle between it and captain's quartersq as you desire.

Anybody else catch that?
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#52 - 2011-09-15 20:51:43 UTC
Dalmont Delantee wrote:
Torfi you get extra sextime with me!

And my Axe!

Sorry - I meant you wont have to spend sexytime with me...

But let's wait and see (especially the performance) - this sounds too good to be true...
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2011-09-15 20:52:35 UTC
Steph Wing wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
you will be able to toggle between it and captain's quartersq as you desire.

Anybody else catch that?

Yep... and as "q" and "a" are next to each other on keyboard, that is clearly a typing error, not referring to qq as you desperately try to dramatize :D

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

CCP Manifest
CCP Retirement Home
#54 - 2011-09-15 21:03:11 UTC
Zoe Arbosa wrote:

A video blog demoing the above would probably cause much joy.

Yes, or at least a regular devblog Torfi?! Jiminy christmas how non-chalant can you be?

======== o7 _CCP Manifest | Public Relations and Social Media | @ccp_manifest_

BeBoPp
Hull Pen
The Boyz.
#55 - 2011-09-15 21:17:29 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBoPp
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

No idea if you were meant to be funny or not, at least I got a good laugh from your post.

Thanks for being so tranparant btw, it helps me for the least.
  • Om Mani Padme Hum -
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2011-09-15 21:18:01 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

t0rfifrans just saved winter expansion \o\

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Meita Way
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#57 - 2011-09-15 21:38:20 UTC
I hope you guys understand that with the choice to ship-spin, or alternately use the CQ, I'll actually use the CQ more, as I have the choice of when I want to stress my machine out or not.

Nice one.
Sellendis
The Ares project
#58 - 2011-09-15 21:45:11 UTC
So let me get this right.
Old hangar is coming back, lightweight on resources as it was before and with same functionality?
Ship spinning, zooming, drag ship to activate and double click to open cargo?

Not some Carbon hybrid that is gonna eat 100% cpu as CQ does?

This sounds too good to be true.... and we get old icons back. Something is seriously bad gonna happen soon :(
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#59 - 2011-09-15 21:48:02 UTC
Meita Way wrote:
I hope you guys understand that with the choice to ship-spin, or alternately use the CQ, I'll actually use the CQ more, as I have the choice of when I want to stress my machine out or not.

Nice one.
This.

Incarna starts here.
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2011-09-15 21:49:41 UTC
Sellendis wrote:
So let me get this right.
Old hangar is coming back, lightweight on resources as it was before and with same functionality?
Ship spinning, zooming, drag ship to activate and double click to open cargo?

Not some Carbon hybrid that is gonna eat 100% cpu as CQ does?

This sounds too good to be true.... and we get old icons back. Something is seriously bad gonna happen soon :(

I might actually voluntarily enable CQ *fingers crossed*

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest