These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About Incarna's updates and return of Ship Spinning ?

First post
Author
BugraT WarheaD
#21 - 2011-09-14 11:14:43 UTC
Woman it's not the same feeling.

And to be serious 5 seconds, Going out of our pods every single time you dock isn't realistic according to the Eve Background. Ship Spining + a button "Enter Incarna" is, a thousand time more.
BLACK-STAR
#22 - 2011-09-14 11:21:40 UTC
CCP says old hangar is not compatible (insert hundreds of excuses). They're going to deploy a new hangar like the old one, but apparently not like the old one at all...

There isn't any official details about it, and CCP isn't going to say anything concrete, other than "its coming soon" and stall your thought until you forget about it.

I don't think CCP has a priority for the hangar, its taken them months to even make up their minds on what to do. Probably a new hangar wont roll out until after Winter. soon....tm
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#23 - 2011-09-14 19:32:27 UTC
I just sat down last night to watch Clear Skies all the way through - an amazing piece of Machinama, very fun.

But sadly, I realized it would not have been possible post-Incarna - there just simply isn't the mechanics to do that much camera work.

The creator of Clear Skies could not have shot the Avatar dialogues, and could not have shot the starship panoramic views from within the station, after CCP removed the ship spinning feature.

Hopefully the fact that Clear Skies could only exist pre-Incarna should demonstrate how much immersion took a big hit this summer.

Bring back cinematic control and creative freedom for all capsuleers!!! Liberate the avatars!! Mawr clear skies plz!!!

-KK thx.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

CCP t0rfifrans
C C P
C C P Alliance
#24 - 2011-09-15 18:26:50 UTC
ship spinning is being implemented, as discussed with the csm in june. there was some code-fu involved in reviving the original code due to architectural changes that we did with CQ, which has to do with where you are physically. well physically in the eve universe.

anyway, the old hangar is up and running on a dev machine, awaiting some further UI coding. but it´s being done. can't comment on exact release date, that depends on a number of technical things. you will be able to toggle between it and captain's quartersq as you desire.
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#25 - 2011-09-15 18:27:57 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
ship spinning is being implemented, as discussed with the csm in june. there was some code-fu involved in reviving the original code due to architectural changes that we did with CQ, which has to do with where you are physically. well physically in the eve universe.

anyway, the old hangar is up and running on a dev machine, awaiting some further UI coding. but it´s being done. can't comment on exact release date, that depends on a number of technical things. you will be able to toggle between it and captain's quartersq as you desire.

will this hanger view have the old functionality restored with it?

OMG when can i get a pic here

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#26 - 2011-09-15 18:28:58 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

My god, never in my entire life has a man in a black shroud aroused me so!

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

CCP t0rfifrans
C C P
C C P Alliance
#27 - 2011-09-15 18:30:18 UTC
Smoking Blunts wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

you mean drag-dropping stuff on it? i am sure spinning will be there at least...
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#28 - 2011-09-15 18:31:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Smoking Blunts
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

you mean drag-dropping stuff on it? i am sure spinning will be there at least...

i mean drag drop for ship swaps and double click for opening cargo. as ship spinning is cool and all, but its the removel of functionality that was for me at least the issue

Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2011-09-15 18:32:18 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

NICE BUT WILL WE BE ABLE TO DRAG SHIPS TO THE HANGAR BACKGROUND TO BOARD THEM AND DOUBLE CLICK ANYWHERE TO OPEN CARGO AND ALL THAT COOL STUFF???????????? ShockedShockedShockedLol
Reeno Coleman
#30 - 2011-09-15 18:33:54 UTC
noooo....universe....crumbling....CCP.....listeningtoplayers.....uhhhhh
Razin
The Scope
#31 - 2011-09-15 18:33:57 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

Wow.

/пацталом err... I mean /fallsoffachair
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2011-09-15 18:34:54 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

Excellent :) Specially the "you will be able to toggle between it and captain's quartersq as you desire"-part sounds good.

I too hope that the "old hangar" includes also the "drag and drop"-functionality like it did before.

Thanks for the info.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2011-09-15 18:39:10 UTC
Requesting a play-once cinematic when changing from hangar to CQ of the pod disembarking and the character emerging fully clothed w/ monocle into the CQ like a baws Cool
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2011-09-15 18:39:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Florestan Bronstein
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

my first thought when reading this post was that somebody found yet another exploit in the forum's auth mechanism...

but I want to believe Lol
The Mittani
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#35 - 2011-09-15 18:52:11 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

Torfi should goodpost like this more often.

~hi~

Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#36 - 2011-09-15 19:03:25 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

agreed, but what about the actual problem with the loss of functionality, drag and drop and double click for cargo?. that was the issue at the time that is the issue now. where did everyone get the ship spinning thing from?

it is cool to get back though dont get me wrong

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2011-09-15 19:07:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Stormshadow
Smoking Blunts wrote:
The Mittani wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

agreed, but what about the actual problem with the loss of functionality, drag and drop and double click for cargo?. that was the issue at the time that is the issue now. where did everyone get the ship spinning thing from?

it is cool to get back though dont get me wrong

Some people miss the spinning, some want drag and drop ship change & double click to open cargo, some want just the hangar between cq and space... If we get the old hangar back "as it was", everyone will be happy.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Captain Hindsite
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2011-09-15 19:07:51 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

You ain't lyin.
CCP t0rfifrans
C C P
C C P Alliance
#39 - 2011-09-15 19:19:44 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

NICE BUT WILL WE BE ABLE TO DRAG SHIPS TO THE HANGAR BACKGROUND TO BOARD THEM AND DOUBLE CLICK ANYWHERE TO OPEN CARGO AND ALL THAT COOL STUFF???????????? ShockedShockedShockedLol

due to the amount of all caps and emoticons, I'll check with the UI guys to make sure that's part of the story.
adopt
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2011-09-15 19:21:29 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:

Implying goons can rate quality posting