These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Discussion thread about WiS

First post First post
Author
RAP ACTION HERO
#101 - 2012-04-25 15:44:20 UTC
Also if the hanger gets the V3 treatment, would it be team avatar's jurisdiction?

vitoc erryday

Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#102 - 2012-04-25 17:14:21 UTC
Any chance we could walk around in our own ships, at least while they are docked?

I want to visit my cargo hold, see what some of this stuff would actually look like.

(The exotic dancers are probably in stasis tubes... or reeeeally ticked about being stuck there for so many years....)
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#103 - 2012-04-25 23:48:40 UTC
1.you guys are doing an entirely new physics system and character movement engine?
2. what part of the current wis graphics are the huge resource draw? why ?
3. How many avatars have you had on screen at the same time without issues?
4. Is it also going to be point and click in space movement type? or is it going to be key directions?
5. Can you publish a timeline for various features?>
5.1 -> corp areas that will handle a few avatars at a time, (fire code rules to keep numbers down) second solo rooms?
6. What is the baseline machine hardware that you need to run more then one avatar onscreen active at the same time?
7. What kinds of interactions are you actually working on? or i guess in the interests of internet quotability, What Sorts of social areas are certain to desired at this moment by ccp dev?

8. Updates to character customization?
8.1 body modifications? on a scale of cybernetics/"The Burning Life"
8.2 Clothing options.
8.3 Player driven designs? Whatever arthous you worked with for the origin offering, was terrible on a scale of awful that makes Walmart marketing directors shudder. Are we in the future? or was it a 1990 over 50's catalog? (seriously, my shirt screams "granola yoga young 55 who is still hip, right? " and it was the best of the lot,

-Thoughts
Actual ambulation mechanics should copy the utility of other walking games, running, jumping (to a degree), crouching, key driven interaction. shrink the ramp environments and cut things like walkways that only are there to display vistas. remember that we are capsuleers and the view of space, is always going to be better when from a spaceship. it simply wont be that impressive to them, that doesn't mean don't have them, it just means we don't need them to be on every walk anywhere.

Drop detail on things that arent important, or at least give an option to, liek the floor and the ceiling, walls, etc. concentrate on character models and expansion of environment,

What exactly are stairs doing in a space station?

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Kais Klip
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#104 - 2012-04-26 16:57:16 UTC
Throwing this to you guys;

"from innocuous actions such as changing one’s character fitting before a deployment, all the way up to decisions made light years away in a player owned corporate board room."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/26/how-dynamic-battlefields-take-shape-in-dust-514/
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#105 - 2012-04-28 09:16:32 UTC
Kais Klip wrote:

"from innocuous actions such as changing one’s character fitting before a deployment, all the way up to decisions made light years away in a player owned corporate board room."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/26/how-dynamic-battlefields-take-shape-in-dust-514/

so a meaningless Dust post in a WIS thread

But this thread is meaningless as well , by locking the original thread the wis discussion is gone
Sure it was overrun by trolls at the end ,bc CCP let them in instead of removing them
Now we have to wait for some blog with possible no new and vague content

R.S.I2014

RAP ACTION HERO
#106 - 2012-04-28 09:22:42 UTC
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
Kais Klip wrote:

But this thread is meaningless as well , by locking the original thread the wis discussion is gone
Sure it was overrun by trolls at the end ,bc CCP let them in instead of removing them

i sense butthurt

vitoc erryday

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#107 - 2012-04-28 09:26:50 UTC
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:
Kais Klip wrote:

i sense butthurt

just a little ,there were some great ideas in that wis thread,even some early trolls gave some nice input after the usual ranting.
So yes ,its a shame they locked the thread

R.S.I2014

RAP ACTION HERO
#108 - 2012-04-28 09:30:17 UTC
actually, it was a shame it was locked, the worst of the trolls were "dissapeared" already, the trolling at the end wasn't even that bad. but somebody had to get all hot and bothered about somebody suggesting that wis be a different module with a different login.

vitoc erryday

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#109 - 2012-04-28 09:36:56 UTC
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:
actually, it was a shame it was locked, the worst of the trolls were "dissapeared" already, the trolling at the end wasn't even that bad. but somebody had to get all hot and bothered about somebody suggesting that wis be a different module with a different login.

have to go and read the WIS thread again to see if that is the case.
then again i was also reacting on some of those anti WIS people

ooh well , No more WIS discussion then.

i could do a cheap shot at Karkur ,she always replies when that happens.
but i think i better let her do the work on the UI , it also needs the attention

R.S.I2014

Kais Klip
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#110 - 2012-04-28 10:01:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Kais Klip
I'm pointing out that the highlighted material suggests that there will be some face-to-face player interaction (not necessarily Dust-Eve), which in turn asserts that the WiS dream will be granted to some degree. If we get confirmation that there will be face-to-face interaction between Dust and Eve players then the said text reveals to us the fact that we will also get "rooms" solely for Eve-to-Eve interaction.
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#111 - 2012-04-28 10:06:45 UTC  |  Edited by: oldbutfeelingyoung
Kais Klip wrote:
I'm pointing out that the highlighted material suggests that there will be some face-to-face player interaction (not necessarily Dust-Eve), which in turn asserts that the WiS dream will be granted to some degree. If we get confirmation that there will be face-to-face interaction between Dust and Eve players then the said text reveals to us the fact that we will also get "rooms" solely for Eve-to-Eve interaction.

ok didn,t know your intention ,with that post . sorry for that

Face to face interaction doesn,t mean extra rooms for WIS ,they could do that in the 1 room jail ,we are in right now
by using the big no use screens for that.
That said i want a outside view of the station ,get me some camera drones for that big screen

R.S.I2014

RAP ACTION HERO
#112 - 2012-04-28 10:57:08 UTC
Kais Klip wrote:

Face to face interaction doesn,t mean extra rooms for WIS ,they could do that in the 1 room jail ,we are in right now
That said i want a outside view of the station ,get me some camera drones for that big screen

The addition of camera drones wouldn't be fair to jita undock gankers.

vitoc erryday

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#113 - 2012-04-28 11:13:21 UTC
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:
Kais Klip wrote:

Since when EvE is called a fair game ?

R.S.I2014

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#114 - 2012-04-28 11:46:07 UTC
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:
Kais Klip wrote:

Since when EvE is called a fair game ?

Jita burn was announced a month ago and still industrials are undocking or flying into Jita,would an outside view of the station matter much?

R.S.I2014

RAP ACTION HERO
#115 - 2012-04-28 12:13:11 UTC
Many people gank on the undock, not just in jita, not just the goons. This is unfair advantage for undock ganking gameplay.

vitoc erryday

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#116 - 2012-04-28 12:39:30 UTC
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:
Many people gank on the undock, not just in jita, not just the goons. This is unfair advantage for undock ganking gameplay.

Nah ,for gankers it still is the same ,maybe for wardecs ,but then you have to have an overview on that screen
i am talking about an outside view without overview capabilities

R.S.I2014

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#117 - 2012-04-28 13:45:55 UTC
Huh... so, is this a glitch, or something WIP...? Blink

This doesn't looks like the poolside solarium...

Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#118 - 2012-04-28 14:58:58 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:
1.you guys are doing an entirely new physics system and character movement engine?
2. what part of the current wis graphics are the huge resource draw? why ?

5. Can you publish a timeline for various features?>

In regards to these two points:

Point 2: Every 3D-modeled area takes time to put together. Not only that, but the textures and lighting have to be right, or the entire thing looks 'off'.

Point 5: For several reasons, the answer is probably 'no'. Primarily, they simply don't know -- other things get bumped up the list, or removed from it, and CCP would much rather not promise a timeframe that they'll later have to retract as an 'oops'.

I can't get rid of my darn signature!  Oh, wait....

Jessy Berbers
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#119 - 2012-04-28 16:21:17 UTC
just adding a very vague idea to this thread.

The EVE Civilisations are clearly very advanced, yet, i am suprised they havent even thought of being anything on a mega scale.

Such as a dysons sphere, a ring world, or anything else out the Kardashev scale Type 3 or 4 civilisations.

For those wonder what the kardashev scale is here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

Anyhow my idea would be why only have stations?

Why cant we have ring worlds or anything like such in WHs or our own galaxy to explore?

And for the trolls, NO NOT HALO! bad bad bad bad trolls!

More like from the book Ringworld, so no halo!
but Niven as a writer instead.

Greet

Jessy.
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#120 - 2012-04-28 16:40:10 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
A couple questions for team avatar (or anyone in the know)...

Do we have anything avatar related to look forward to in the next year?
We are adding new skintypes in Inferno (allowing you, for example, to be a black Amarr or white Brutor). I'm pretty excited about that, and I think it will add a lot of diversity to New Eden. We also have sleeve tattoos almost ready to go, and I hope we can add them sometime later this year.

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur