These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Discussion thread about WiS

First post First post
Author
Lost True
Perkone
Caldari State
#461 - 2012-07-20 10:43:19 UTC
Gevlin wrote:
i am so hopping that ccp places items in the Nex store that does not have to deal with WIS, Like Ship skins

when (If) WIS does go for the Spy Vs Spy Dungeon Crawl. I hope the social room mechanic will also be released at the same time.
you tube of the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu2e866bEcM&feature=related

Agreed. A good place to use those new shaders.

in 2007 i've thought it's a sci-fi simulator, not an "e-sports" game. I'm not a teenager, how would i like it much?

Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#462 - 2012-07-20 11:16:00 UTC
Will Team Avatar take ship crews in considaration with WiS (Ambulation) ?

Maybe a nice feature can be an interaction not with the whole crew, but only with your First officer.

It will involve some kind of minigame, like a math puzzle, and gives the ship a higher state of readiness.
That will improve aligning the ship's course with a jump destination by a few percentage, which helps against gatecamps

This will entice pilots who keep away from Ambulation, to try it because it will help them a little more to survive in eve Bear

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Annexe
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#463 - 2012-07-21 11:58:14 UTC
This thread has gotten really long, i didn't bother reading previous pages :P

A few ideas i had:

1. I'd assume that as a 'person' walking around in a station you have very little protection, especially if you have implants. So maybe some kind of 'body mods' (armour, threat detectors, even weapons)

2. When walking in the station, have a 'vicinity interaction' interface. So when another player is within say 10ft, an overlay appears allowing you to view profile, give isk, trade, chat, even attack. (skills could increase vicinity range?)

3. Fleet walk! Cuz we all want to walk in formation like a gang! haha

4. Having a bar with drinks is an odd idea, unless it had an effect.. such as screen going blurry and character stumbling after a few shots. But what if you could spike a drink, or even drug it (sit down with a player, pretend to be nice, drug him, and your gang jumps him around the corner behind the toilets! :P)

5. Individual employment, such as a mechanic... what if ship repair actually took a while, and you had to pay someone to do it?

6. Ninjas! well, more like thieves, burglars, undercover agents, that can break into someone else CQ, corp office, steal BP's, ISK, ships.

7. Corp office with computer that can only be accessed by CEO, appointed members that contain all corp ISK, assets and battle plans (gives more oportunity for #6 ^^)

Pirate

Annexe

ITAI - VIP

"i will pop your wreck with faction loot"

Gevlin
Planned Obsolescence.
No Visual.
#464 - 2012-07-26 21:34:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Gevlin
Watching the Pre Shows for the alliance tournament seems that some of the "experts" were showing acceptance to WIS since the Incarna and Inferno have really worked in fixing bugs and making the game more playable.

One said that after POS fixes, the biggest dead horse of them all are fixed that some implementation of WIS would be an enjoyable new content to enjoy.

So after we see the POS fix complete, we may finally see that Dev blog that is still in the pipe line!!

Though the CSM minutes will be coming out soon all 5,000 pages. And that should show off some Incarna information. It should be interesting to see what the Vocal minority say about this information.

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

Lost True
Perkone
Caldari State
#465 - 2012-07-27 09:03:06 UTC
Gevlin wrote:
Watching the Pre Shows for the alliance tournament seems that some of the "experts" were showing acceptance to WIS since the Incarna and Inferno have really worked in fixing bugs and making the game more playable.

One said that after POS fixes, the biggest dead horse of them all are fixed that some implementation of WIS would be an enjoyable new content to enjoy.

So after we see the POS fix complete, we may finally see that Dev blog that is still in the pipe line!!

Though the CSM minutes will be coming out soon all 5,000 pages. And that should show off some Incarna information. It should be interesting to see what the Vocal minority say about this information.

Well, that's a good news.
Althrough i didn't heard anything about the POS fixes yet...

in 2007 i've thought it's a sci-fi simulator, not an "e-sports" game. I'm not a teenager, how would i like it much?

Gevlin
Planned Obsolescence.
No Visual.
#466 - 2012-07-28 01:22:23 UTC
from what I hear the Winter expansion is POS and followed by Ring Mining in the following spring as the same art team will be doing both projects

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

Beta Miner
COBRA Logistics
#467 - 2012-07-28 10:24:51 UTC
All I want is a door that opens.

Is that too much to ask?

AFK Cloaking? An afk cloaker has never ganked me. In fact a cloaker at his keybourd has never ganked me either.

Gevlin
Planned Obsolescence.
No Visual.
#468 - 2012-07-28 19:11:42 UTC
Currently behind the door is the fire burning from Summer of Rage and 1 over cooked CCP developer who for has been able to keep living. (possibly Polaris Implants). The flames are slowly dieing but are still inhospitable for the average capsular. My guess it will be about 24 months before the door opens. Sorry!

Xantos Semah
#469 - 2012-07-29 06:38:33 UTC
Guys you dont understand. The WIS is no more. Forget about it.

- CCP DELIVER -

REMOVE LOCAL !!!

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#470 - 2012-07-29 08:26:34 UTC
Xantos Semah wrote:
Guys you dont understand. The WIS is no more. Forget about it.

- CCP DELIVER -

Oh, but we may get the dungeon raiding devblog anytime... any time since May 29th.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#471 - 2012-07-29 12:40:55 UTC
CCP RedDawn wrote:
CCP Bayesian wrote:
Salpun wrote:
We getting that blog to day?

I've been held up trying to get a moment with CCP Unifex. We're a lot further on than we were when the blog was written so I'm going to rewrite it on Wednesday to update it, change up the pictures and if we can get approval put together an edit of an internal release demo Team Avatar did of the prototype to the whole of CCP. Sorry for all the delays in getting information to you guys but we will show you what we've been doing in more detail soon.

Here is an update on the upcoming devblog in regards to Team Avatar's prototyping efforts.

In these days of vacations and partying in the sun, what would cheer us all up is a Devblog on your efforts! Lol

Where I am.

Gevlin
Planned Obsolescence.
No Visual.
#472 - 2012-07-29 21:39:29 UTC
I am still hoping for a new dev blog.. A new CSM minutes should be out any day now to the sound of it and there should be some stuff on WIS in it.

Lost True
Perkone
Caldari State
#473 - 2012-07-30 01:07:05 UTC
It's actually cool for the new players: not only as a feature, but because you can be low sp but look like a serious business :)
And it's strange that it was suspended. CCP don't give a damn about the old players then there is something for the noobs...

Gevlin
Planned Obsolescence.
No Visual.
#474 - 2012-07-30 03:46:23 UTC
I do agree that the WIS would help the retention of new players as many have a tough time associating themselves as being a pod.

Though from what I have heard the majority of CCP employees were being beaten in to submission in a direction many didn't feel was right. Over the last year it sounds that the grunts of the company have enjoy the ability to produce areas that they enjoy. To the sounds of it many of them have put in a lot of personal time "unpaid" in filling out their interests in the game.

We may have seem more production but there are other elements of eve they have been working on. Updating code for the dust link, Reworking of WIS to something that follows the ideals of FIS, so it can be accepted more readily by the masses. The complete reworking of coding so they can make better entries in the future, Also coding tools to allow people like content creators to produce faster and with a wider variety of missions.

Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#475 - 2012-07-30 05:15:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Soulpirate
Time to wake up to the fact they are never going to do anything with WiS EVER.

Just Vapoware.

Edit; They should just remove the CQ's as they are just a painfull reminder of a
project that was just a half baked idea to begin with.
Gevlin
Planned Obsolescence.
No Visual.
#476 - 2012-07-30 05:31:23 UTC
Soulpirate wrote:

Just Vapoware.

I sense there be a troll here.

Would love to see your poof!

Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#477 - 2012-07-30 05:43:28 UTC
Gevlin wrote:
Soulpirate wrote:

Just Vapoware.

I sense there be a troll here.

Would love to see your poof!

Proof of vapoware?

Is that an oxymoron?
Lost True
Perkone
Caldari State
#478 - 2012-07-31 03:52:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Lost True
He's just lost his hope, like the many others. Hard to blame for that...

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#479 - 2012-07-31 07:00:26 UTC
Lost True wrote:
He's just lost his hope, like the many others. Hard to blame for that...

There is a subtle difference between losing hope and losing patience...

Those who can do something about their worries, they lose their patience and do something.

Those who can't do anything about their worries, they lose their hope and quit.

Unfortunately WiS appreciators are only in the position of losing hope.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Gevlin
Planned Obsolescence.
No Visual.
#480 - 2012-08-01 18:04:41 UTC
Oh come on CCP I want some WIS News either. The CSM minutes or a WIS blog

I am refusing to call WIS Incarna because that is brand identification that has the summer of rage attached to including of ideals of NEX store and micro transaction, the lack of re-iteration on simple and common issues, according to players, the lagg was becoming a stronger issue inspite of gridlocks ongoing attempts. 3rd party liecencing costing 99$ fearless letter,etc

Please isolate branding of Wis from Incarna and the nex store

Stop referring avatars as Incarna and add ship skins, logos and FIS offer vanity items to the NEX store

Almost any name will be better, even" Operation Back Stabbibg blow up doll. " would work