These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

What about some opposite event to Hulkageddon? - Would you...

Author
SB Rico
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-04-20 04:03:15 UTC
Ikonia wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Ikonia wrote:

In truth, it would be honestly REALLY easy to 'organize' against terrorist attacks.



Their strategy is RANDOM ATTACKS. You CANNOT organize against unplanned, random, suicide attacks.

Period and final.

The only thing guaranteed to work is to dock up.

Period and final.

You obviously have never been through H'geddon before.


You cant randomize attacks. As you have to choose an easy target to be at least able to get it down before CONCORD comes, the potential target numbers is not very big. Further the number decreases, because a lot of those which would be an easy target are docked. In fact, my lil ganker, the chance that you will hit a target that is especially waiting for you, is very much bigger than during usual play times.

And i am not bound ot have success. If it happens that some noob like you steps into my trap, great. If not, idk. Else i do my normal business like everytime i am online. Whatever you consider as period and final, is just for you period and final. For 1000s of players it is not.

The only issue which is period and final: You will never be a threat to a prepared player, only to a unprepared. And that is what we are going to minimize :)

Looking forward to have you in front of my guns, hopefully.

Cheers


It is indeed very hard to find a solo hulk in a high sec belt... wait a minute

Scammers are currently selling killrights on this toon for up to 5mil, if you have paid for this service demand your money back at once.

Killing me should be for free.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#22 - 2012-04-20 06:26:02 UTC
SB Rico wrote:
It is indeed very hard to find a solo hulk in a high sec belt... wait a minute

Do your best to reduce the exploitation of our natural resources, ie: space rocks.

Thanks for doing so with extreme prejudice.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Kreeia Dgore
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2012-04-20 06:41:30 UTC
Right now there is no game mechanics to allow you to oppose the hulkageddon. There is only the concord, the only and ultimate punisher of all evil.
It may be fun if they introduce some game mechanics to oppose those events, but when i think about it, there is no way of making a system doing exactly that which wouldn't be used as the ultimate griefing tool. That means a system like that would be relying on CCP turning some magical button on and off for each and every of those events, which doesn't seem like efficient way of dealing with things when they can simply ban the first thousand of folks participating the event.
So, as allways, the ultimate answer for settling all grudges in highsec is concord. And it will probably stay that way.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#24 - 2012-04-20 06:52:08 UTC
Eryn Velasquez wrote:
Ikonia wrote:

Lets make the gankers life to hell and ruin their fun a bit, it is fun for us :)

Cheers



To do this, the best would really be to not log on on 28th. Then they can rub their little e-peens in Jita all on their own ...

Your signature leads me to believe two things about you:

1. You're very agitated by some peoples' videogame play styles.
2. You're not even competent enough to walk outside without stepping into dog ****.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Eryn Velasquez
#25 - 2012-04-20 07:29:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Eryn Velasquez
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Your signature leads me to believe two things about you:

1. You're very agitated by some peoples' videogame play styles.
2. You're not even competent enough to walk outside without stepping into dog ****.


Don't care for some overweening goonies, i can play another game this day, even don't care about hulkageddon, but there surely are some game mechanics, that don't fit. It only amuses me how especially the criminals cry and whine when they have to face the consequences of "criminal behaviour" in highsec - these are in fact not harsh enough today.

That's why i'm kicking dogs asses when they **** on my lawn ...

_“A man's freedom consists in his being able to do whatever he wills, but that he should not, by any human power, be forced to do what is against his will.” ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau _

Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#26 - 2012-04-20 07:43:40 UTC
Folks.

Stop posting with profane name-calling and insulting in this thread, pls. This is Eve, not WOW or SW:TOR, so a certain level of quality should be kept alive.

About the counter event: I have gotten a lot of convos yesterday about this idea and most were asking about the name for it. I think, this isnt a thing i should do alone. So, bring up some short fine names for it.

My idea: Gank'a'Gank

Would love to hear some of your ideas.

Further if you want to be in the event, simply send an ingame mail to me. If enough of us attend, we might get this organized. Goal is to simply disturb the gankers as much as possible or - as of an idea from yesterdays convos - keep certain regions complete clear of gankers, in which those who dont want to become a potential target, can do their business. I love this idea very much, hehe.

Cheers

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#27 - 2012-04-20 07:52:59 UTC
Eryn Velasquez wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Your signature leads me to believe two things about you:

1. You're very agitated by some peoples' videogame play styles.
2. You're not even competent enough to walk outside without stepping into dog ****.


Don't care for some overweening goonies, i can play another game this day, even don't care about hulkageddon, but there surely are some game mechanics, that don't fit. It only amuses me how especially the criminals cry and whine when they have to face the consequences of "criminal behaviour" in highsec - these are in fact not harsh enough today.

That's why i'm kicking dogs asses when they **** on my lawn ...

You care enough to post; post a lot.

Reality check: most crimes in the real world go completely uncaught and unpunished. Multiple psychological profile studies have scientifically confirmed that assholes who profit at the expense of others live rich and fulfilling lives.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Prince Kobol
#28 - 2012-04-20 08:03:27 UTC
No.

I like to compare Hulkageddon to Natural Selection.

If you are stupid enough to mine in a densely populated system with zero tank you get what you deserve.
Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#29 - 2012-04-20 08:34:30 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

You care enough to post; post a lot.

Reality check: most crimes in the real world go completely uncaught and unpunished. Multiple psychological profile studies have scientifically confirmed that assholes who profit at the expense of others live rich and fulfilling lives.


What has profit to do with psychology? If you mean, that egomaniacs have a better profit than those who care for others in form of monetary rewards, than i have to agree. But rewards cant always be measured only on monetary profit. There are many forms of rewards which depend on what an individuum considers as one.

Sounds like one of these famous studies, that needs 25 scientists with titles from elitary universities to appear believeable. In fact, these studies show a really perverse grade of stupidity, or addiction to wealth in form of money.

Cheers
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#30 - 2012-04-20 09:05:01 UTC
Ikonia wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

You care enough to post; post a lot.

Reality check: most crimes in the real world go completely uncaught and unpunished. Multiple psychological profile studies have scientifically confirmed that assholes who profit at the expense of others live rich and fulfilling lives.


What has profit to do with psychology? If you mean, that egomaniacs have a better profit than those who care for others in form of monetary rewards, than i have to agree. But rewards cant always be measured only on monetary profit. There are many forms of rewards which depend on what an individuum considers as one.

Sounds like one of these famous studies, that needs 25 scientists with titles from elitary universities to appear believeable. In fact, these studies show a really perverse grade of stupidity, or addiction to wealth in form of money.

Cheers

Exactly. We live in a ****** up world as it is, and expecting a PvP-focused video game to be held to a higher moral standard than real life is just folly.

By the way, I have nothing against your plan or anything; I was just picking bones with the other guy. Do be aware, however, that similar stuff has been tried in the past, and failed miserably. I can provide a link if necessary (it was a threadnaught in C&P). The reasons for such failure usually have to do with lack of cohesiveness and understanding of game mechanics by a significant portion of the people who would participate in it (the carebears).

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

MisterNick
The Sagan Clan
#31 - 2012-04-20 09:25:35 UTC
Pretty sure there's never been a thread about this before

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom."

Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#32 - 2012-04-20 09:45:54 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Exactly. We live in a ****** up world as it is, and expecting a PvP-focused video game to be held to a higher moral standard than real life is just folly.

By the way, I have nothing against your plan or anything; I was just picking bones with the other guy. Do be aware, however, that similar stuff has been tried in the past, and failed miserably. I can provide a link if necessary (it was a threadnaught in C&P). The reasons for such failure usually have to do with lack of cohesiveness and understanding of game mechanics by a significant portion of the people who would participate in it (the carebears).


Disagree. It is not the moral standard we talk about.

The first topic, which counts overall more than anything else, is the fiction, the fantasy, the freedom to create a part of this virtual world. If you consider this as a moral standard, then it is your decision to view at my idea from this angle. I personally consider this not at all with an however measured moral standard, but much more with a fun possibility for those, who dont like suicide gankers - for whatever reason. Indeed, i hope it will not change the mind of gankers; not in belong to hulkageddon, not in belong in suicide ganking at all, not in belong to their very own kind of playstyle. That never was, nor is, nor will ever be my intention. I was more than often in other virtual worlds, and i was sitting on the bad side. I loved it, i enjoyed to be a PK and ther might be times, when i do this in Eve also. But not now. Right atm my only intention is to take the challenge of doing something that hasnt been working before, is believed to be possible and has a certain amount of competition in it, since opponents will do everything in their possibilities to make my plan not working.

The second topic is the issue about game mechanics and such from the so called carebears. There are several false opinions on your side.

Just because someone doesnt like to PVP, it doesnt mean he doesnt do it. Further it doesnt mean that he dont has any experience with it. Neither does it mean, that PVP means in all matters only pewpew, but means to know extremely well about how to avoid tapping into a trap by having deep knowledge about agression mechanics, criminal and agression flagging system and PVP tactics used. I do not call the carebears to arms. I call those to an event who are interested in participating. If those are carebears or pirates that wont to get some killshots with alts or merc corps, bounty hunters or whatever they claim to be, is their point of view, their intention and i dont care honestly. I consider this fun. Thats all. A discussion about who might win or lose, why and where under what circumstances is at this point as useful as a corset size 32 for a bull elephant at the pairing season of the mayflies - equals zero.

I can tell you that there wont be a winner or loser and that there will 100s of winners and losers at the same point of time, depending on the very personal point of every participator.

Cheers
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#33 - 2012-04-20 10:01:30 UTC
Ikonia wrote:
Just because someone doesnt like to PVP, it doesnt mean he doesnt do it. Further it doesnt mean that he dont has any experience with it. Neither does it mean, that PVP means in all matters only pewpew, but means to know extremely well about how to avoid tapping into a trap by having deep knowledge about agression mechanics, criminal and agression flagging system and PVP tactics used.

Years upon years of personal experience with ganking carebears, infiltrating their corporations, and about a thousand different wars (many thousands if I include my experience with blanket war entities such as the Privateers) make me disagree with you. Granted, there are exceptions, and I've run into quite a few people who knew what they were doing, but simply didn't do a whole lot of player-shooting. These people are a minority, however.

As far as this idea being tried in the past goes...

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=43697

It simply can't work if you're trying to achieve some kind of meaningful impact with it. If you're just in it to get on flashy killmails, help yourself. Just know that the people you're shooting couldn't give less of a crap about it. They're losing their ships regardless of what you do, and are prepared for it. Meanwhile, they people they're shooting are completely oblivious and unaware until the deed is done, and are usually very disturbed by the losses they incur. It's the one-sided nature of the predator-prey interaction as its best.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#34 - 2012-04-20 10:34:28 UTC
Destiny Corrupted
Years upon years of personal experience with ganking carebears, infiltrating their corporations, and about a thousand different wars (many thousands if I include my experience with blanket war entities such as the Privateers) make me disagree with you. Granted, there [i wrote:
are[/i] exceptions, and I've run into quite a few people who knew what they were doing, but simply didn't do a whole lot of player-shooting. These people are a minority, however

As far as this idea being tried in the past goes..

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4369

It simply can't work if you're trying to achieve some kind of meaningful impact with it. If you're just in it to get on flashy killmails, help yourself. Just know that the people you're shooting couldn't give less of a crap about it. They're losing their ships regardless of what you do, and are prepared for it. Meanwhile, they people they're shooting are completely oblivious and unaware until the deed is done, and are usually very disturbed by the losses they incur. It's the one-sided nature of the predator-prey interaction as its best.


You arent very open minded, are you?

Millions of things have been considered absolutely impossible, until someone proved the opposite. Examples:

"What makes you believe that a ship could sail against the direction of the wind and streams, just because you are lightning a fire under deck? Please, excuse me. I dont have time to waste for such nonsense." Napoleon Bonaparte

"There is no possibility that mankind will ever be able to use the energy of atoms." Albert Einstein, 1932

"It will take more than 50 years until a metall plane will lift of the ground" Wilbur Wright, 1901

"Generations will have passed until humans make their first step on the moon." Sir Harold Spencer, 1957

"There is no need for more than 4 or 5 computers on earth". Scientist, around 1950

I personally dont like to hear, what and why it is impossible. I like to hear, how it could be done, regardless what happened before. Else we still would swing from tree to tree...
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#35 - 2012-04-20 10:39:51 UTC
I fail to see how the thing you said is relevant in any way to the thing I said.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#36 - 2012-04-20 10:46:17 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
I fail to see how the thing you said is relevant in any way to the thing I said.


Believe me, i can understand that.

Cheers
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#37 - 2012-04-20 10:54:16 UTC
Right, well, enjoy your "ha-ha, got you!" moments while the guy in the thread next door to yours undoes hundreds of man hours of work in the amount of time it takes you to call someone an idiot on the internet.

"Lets make the gankers life to hell" indeed. Be careful though, if you shoot our expendable gank boats too much, we might post tear-filled threads on these forums.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#38 - 2012-04-20 11:08:33 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Right, well, enjoy your "ha-ha, got you!" moments while the guy in the thread next door to yours undoes hundreds of man hours of work in the amount of time it takes you to call someone an idiot on the internet.

"Lets make the gankers life to hell" indeed. Be careful though, if you shoot our expendable gank boats too much, we might post tear-filled threads on these forums.


Indeed, me and guys here in our office laughed about it, but less that i gotcha, more about the sense of humor that lies underneath. And you are absolutely right about the guy next door. That are the guys we are after in our job here, that's our profession.

But you are wrong, if you think i called you an idiot, because you are definitely not. I enjoy your postings here and i respect your opinion. As a matter of fact the chances that you are right and i am wrong are much greater than me and some idelaistic thinking carebears could prove that your were false. But hey, that at least is the challenge. Without the challenge nobody would care about.

So, dont take it personal, it wasnt meant personal.

Cheers
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#39 - 2012-04-20 11:09:07 UTC
Just about the WORST thread EVER.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#40 - 2012-04-20 11:15:08 UTC
Ikonia wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Ikonia wrote:

In truth, it would be honestly REALLY easy to 'organize' against terrorist attacks.



Their strategy is RANDOM ATTACKS. You CANNOT organize against unplanned, random, suicide attacks.

Period and final.

The only thing guaranteed to work is to dock up.

Period and final.

You obviously have never been through H'geddon before.


You cant randomize attacks. As you have to choose an easy target to be at least able to get it down before CONCORD comes, the potential target numbers is not very big. Further the number decreases, because a lot of those which would be an easy target are docked. In fact, my lil ganker, the chance that you will hit a target that is especially waiting for you, is very much bigger than during usual play times.

And i am not bound ot have success. If it happens that some noob like you steps into my trap, great. If not, idk. Else i do my normal business like everytime i am online. Whatever you consider as period and final, is just for you period and final. For 1000s of players it is not.

The only issue which is period and final: You will never be a threat to a prepared player, only to a unprepared. And that is what we are going to minimize :)

Looking forward to have you in front of my guns, hopefully.

Cheers


This is just such an utterly wrong Troll, I can't even begin.

Unsubscribed.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Previous page123Next page