These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Best Anti-Burn Jita Strategy

Author
EFF ONEF1
Caldari Grand Prix Engineering
#141 - 2012-04-26 13:35:29 UTC
the best anti-burn strategy is to just go about your normal business.

all the goons want is attention like the kardashians.
Vyl Vit
#142 - 2012-04-26 13:37:00 UTC
The "do nothing" strategy applies in all cases. You don't mind if we discuss alternatives?

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Lyric Lahnder
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#143 - 2012-04-26 13:56:29 UTC
Zan Naga wrote:
If i was all powerful, (read: The Mittani) then I would already be secretly planning simultaneous "burn" campaigns for all the hubs.

Its just a thought; if you were to heavily advertise the occupation of one system, then encourage some percentage of the traders/consumers to venture elsewhere, you'd be able to inflict a lot more damage in a shorter time period.

It seems to me that time is the GSF's biggest enemy. How can you expect several thousand (or more) people to diligently blockade a system long enough to deal lasting damage? How long would that take?

My point is that there may be some surprises in store for us on the 28th.

^this^

"Its not about money..."
"Its about sending a message..."
"Everything burns."

Noir. and Noir Academy are recruiting apply at www.noirmercs.com I Noir Academy: 60 days old must be able to fly at least one tech II frigate. I Noir. Recruits: 4:1 k/d ratio and can fly tech II cruisers.

EFF ONEF1
Caldari Grand Prix Engineering
#144 - 2012-04-26 14:01:18 UTC
Vyl Vit wrote:
The "do nothing" strategy applies in all cases. You don't mind if we discuss alternatives?

when most of those "alternatives" are whining and just want CCP to ban them all? Yes, I do mind.

Most of the front page of the forums for more than a month has been whining about goons and what they want someone else to do about this burn. all alternatives have been discussed.

Natassia Krasnoo
R3D SHIFT
#145 - 2012-04-26 14:12:07 UTC
highonpop wrote:
If you relaly think all the goons are killing are 40 ships, I hope you go to Jita and take a look around.

The goons have over 8,000 members, the CFC together has around 20,000 members. And WE ALL want to burn Jita.

If you think the Jita node will last pas the 6-8 thousand mark in local you have more faith in the node than I do.

Even with only half of the proposed CFC+all the onlookers+the regular Jita dwellers+The save Jita crowd= SEVERELY VIOLENCED HAMSTERS!!

Jita will not burn....but the Jita node just might and possibly more. Think of the hamsters.....and the blame Tuxford is going to get.P
supr3m3justic3
Perkone
Caldari State
#146 - 2012-04-26 14:59:19 UTC
I dont understand why this is even a topic, i mean really...all they are doing is fear mongering. And all you sheep are playing right into thier hands. The best plan is to not show up to jita when this "supposed" planned attack will happen, and every corp in eve should wardec them and drive them back to VFK.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#147 - 2012-04-26 15:06:45 UTC
posting in a "goons ruined my eve" thread
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#148 - 2012-04-26 15:13:27 UTC
Natassia Krasnoo wrote:
If you think the Jita node will last pas the 6-8 thousand mark in local you have more faith in the node than I do.

Even with only half of the proposed CFC+all the onlookers+the regular Jita dwellers+The save Jita crowd= SEVERELY VIOLENCED HAMSTERS!!

Jita will not burn....but the Jita node just might and possibly more. Think of the hamsters.....and the blame Tuxford is going to get.P

The hamsters can take it easy and run in 10% speed, thanks to TiDi. But I doubt it will come to that, since people can be prevented from entering Jita or logging on to characters in Jita if tthere are to many ...

Have a little faith in CCP.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#149 - 2012-04-26 15:15:40 UTC
I would guess that the goons would start a day early just for people like OP....

In fact, I'd bet on it.
Collin Dow
Glorious Revolution
#150 - 2012-04-27 07:27:25 UTC
supr3m3justic3 wrote:
I dont understand why this is even a topic, i mean really...all they are doing is fear mongering. And all you sheep are playing right into thier hands. The best plan is to not show up to jita when this "supposed" planned attack will happen, and every corp in eve should wardec them and drive them back to VFK.

Join The 99 Percent.

ALL THE WAY TO VFK.

Oh wait, all the people who are mad about this are even worse than we are. And we're really bad at internet spaceships.

The Glorious Revolution is a great (awful) corp, and you should (not) join today, comrade!