These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Best Anti-Burn Jita Strategy

Author
groentenman
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2012-04-25 12:59:42 UTC
I'll be enjoying the fireworks from Jita while laughing at the goons for trying to light a turd on fire.
OmniBeton
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#122 - 2012-04-25 13:06:40 UTC
I almost regret that during next weekend I'll be on holiday far away from computer ....

... no I dont.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#123 - 2012-04-25 13:14:38 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
At any rate, don't undock anything on the 28th.

Oh, hell noes. I've got a small stack of disposable PvP Kessies and a blank clone already pre-positioned.
I'm going out to play!
Twisted

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Jessica Sweetwater
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#124 - 2012-04-25 13:22:28 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
On the 27th pull out any ship you have there, unless you want to try to follow in local for grins. At any rate, don't undock anything on the 28th. If the only thing flying are Goon ships, they're gonna have a helluva time staring at each other, wondering why Mitt said this was such a great idea. Mitt, the mighty leader....burn Jita. Yeah, right.

The funny part will be with no targets, the Goons complaining in local...while their complaints are scrolled out of chat by Jita spam bots. They won't even be able to smack talk.

here si what will happen

goons will ganka bout 40 ships n get bored n **** of home

and as for this i kileld 1000 hulks in a week, bullshit

nuff said
Sycho Pathic
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#125 - 2012-04-25 14:37:55 UTC
Vince Snetterton wrote:

The majority of CCP may not, but there is clearly a group within CCP that either want to revert the game back to a much more savage place or do not understand the consequences of the changes they are implementing on high sec.

Then they suffer a painful revenue loss as casuals walk away.
They will then be forced to reveal that the Jovians are a lovable race of alcoholic, pokemon-playing pandas in spacesuits.
And I will laugh my *** off.
highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#126 - 2012-04-25 14:42:17 UTC
Forcing everyone to stay docked is just as great of a success as killing everything in Jita.

There is nothing you can do to stop it.

Jita will burn.

FC, what do?

highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#127 - 2012-04-25 14:43:23 UTC  |  Edited by: highonpop
Jessica Sweetwater wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
On the 27th pull out any ship you have there, unless you want to try to follow in local for grins. At any rate, don't undock anything on the 28th. If the only thing flying are Goon ships, they're gonna have a helluva time staring at each other, wondering why Mitt said this was such a great idea. Mitt, the mighty leader....burn Jita. Yeah, right.

The funny part will be with no targets, the Goons complaining in local...while their complaints are scrolled out of chat by Jita spam bots. They won't even be able to smack talk.

here si what will happen

goons will ganka bout 40 ships n get bored n **** of home

and as for this i kileld 1000 hulks in a week, bullshit

nuff said

If you relaly think all the goons are killing are 40 ships, I hope you go to Jita and take a look around.

The goons have over 8,000 members, the CFC together has around 20,000 members. And WE ALL want to burn Jita.

Highsec ganking is a favored pass time. They wont get bored easily

FC, what do?

Miss Whippy
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#128 - 2012-04-25 14:57:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Miss Whippy
"Strange game. The only winning move is not to play"

[URL="https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=82348"]UI Iteration isn't enough, we need to start from scratch[/URL]

Zan Naga
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#129 - 2012-04-26 07:07:18 UTC
If i was all powerful, (read: The Mittani) then I would already be secretly planning simultaneous "burn" campaigns for all the hubs.

Its just a thought; if you were to heavily advertise the occupation of one system, then encourage some percentage of the traders/consumers to venture elsewhere, you'd be able to inflict a lot more damage in a shorter time period.

It seems to me that time is the GSF's biggest enemy. How can you expect several thousand (or more) people to diligently blockade a system long enough to deal lasting damage? How long would that take?

My point is that there may be some surprises in store for us on the 28th.

I'm really excited about this, and regardless of the outcome/tactics used, I think this will be good for EVE.
Francisco Bizzaro
#130 - 2012-04-26 07:32:41 UTC
I suppose we should get in our Burn Jita predictions before the fun starts. Here are mine:

• Lots of goons in Jita
  • Lots of dead tourists and sightseers
  • Local chat which is occasionally more entertaining than the usual spam bots
  • Many speculators eager to make big profits on gank supplies
  • Many disappointed speculators
  • Very little actual burning
  • As significant as the Ice Interdiction in two weeks time

But events like these make the game what it is. Thanks goons, for playing the game as it was meant to be played.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#131 - 2012-04-26 07:33:34 UTC
How a bunch of players will deal with Jita burn:

Quote:
Greetings!

We're writing to let you know that your spot in the upcoming Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event has been reserved—and the beta client is now ready for preloading! We recommend that you begin your download as soon as possible so you’re ready to start playing when the festivities begin on Friday, April 27, at noon PDT (GMT -7). The Beta Weekend Event will end Sunday, April 29, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT -7).

Wukulo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#132 - 2012-04-26 07:58:37 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:

Yes shutting down the largest market hub in the game would surely be a loose for the goons

Posted on main because I'm not a coward like the rest of you.

Collin Dow
Glorious Revolution
#133 - 2012-04-26 08:40:30 UTC
This thread, and every other thread wherein some npc corp forum alt explains how to mitigate the goons latest hilarity never fails to make me laugh, heartily.
So thank God, for the highsec dunces who think they're doing the world a favor, for they are almost as entertaining as the sacking of Jita will prove to be.

The Glorious Revolution is a great (awful) corp, and you should (not) join today, comrade!

Landrae
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2012-04-26 11:37:49 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Serene, what is with your strange obsession with the Goons?

Goonswarm is a lot like spinach, if you are forced to have it as a child you won't enjoy it as much as an adult.
Wolf Kruol
1st Tikiona Lancers
Citizen's Star Republic
#135 - 2012-04-26 11:41:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Wolf Kruol
There will be targets because alot of players don't read eve news or care about politics or forums. They get on and have fun.. sadly they won't be ready when goons waiting for them outside station..

I'll be ready with my popcorn and beer. few exotic dancers and a reserved seat. Twisted

“If you're very very stupid? How can you possibly realize you're very very stupid?

You have to be relatively intelligent to realize how stupid you really are!”

Savion Chastis
Golden Sail Enterprises
#136 - 2012-04-26 11:47:32 UTC
Multiple **** threads about this now...

I'd say they have already won, you bunch of clownshoes...
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#137 - 2012-04-26 11:59:02 UTC
I have a much better idea.

While Jita burns (or doesn't, or does but doesn't, or doesn't but technically does or whatever) and everyone runs around like a bunch of headless chickens claiming to have won, I'm going to be away from my keyboard, getting wasted with EVE devs here.

And I think y'all should do the same.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#138 - 2012-04-26 12:18:40 UTC
I have salvaging ships ready, I have ninja loot ships ready, I Have KM whoring ships ready and I have much more so this is going to be great.

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#139 - 2012-04-26 12:23:45 UTC
we're only targeting freighters

so, haul in a jump freighter

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

clixor
Celluloid Gurus
#140 - 2012-04-26 13:33:40 UTC
One weekend won't do ****. Goonz should have the balls to do Burn Jita for a whole month for it to have a significant effect. Will be there to watch though :)