These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Best Anti-Burn Jita Strategy

Author
Little Brat
Provincia Septim Reborn
#101 - 2012-04-16 18:52:04 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Vince Snetterton wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
Vince Snetterton wrote:
...This attack on Jita in-game is meaningless
The null sec zealots, outside and inside CCP, working with the CSM to destroy high sec, that is the REAL crisis.

I couldn't agree with you more. We need to get more focus here. This Burn Jita / Hulkageddon is the sideshow.

The problem Serene has been stated many times, unfortunately.
It was reflected in the latest CSM results.

The following is a generalization, and of course common knowledge to many, but I feel the need to express it anyway.

We all know how passive and non-vocal the silent majority in Eve is.
One any given day, just look at the quantity of posts from high sec players that post up comments on the forum.

High sec players are more of the mindset of live and let live, just like the majority of humans are in real life society.
They go about their daily business and ignore the politics of the minority, even if said politics impacts them hugely.

That allows the zealots free reign to impose their values on the majority.

In the real world, this happens on a daily basis. The masses put up indignity after indignity until life becomes intolerable, and they revolt. Blood flows, and a new regime is installed, that is supposed to create a new order, one tasked to making life for the average human a more equitable place. Naturally, that new regime is slowly co-opted by zealots once again, and the process repeats.

It is called a revolution, and has happened in France, U.S., China, Russia, Iran, Cuba, Ireland, and now several Arab countries.

In Eve, we don't seem able to coalesce about a leader in-game or out of game. I think that the masses in high sec are not hurting enough yet to to revolt. The big question will be when the majority in high sec finally do revolt, do they fight back in game, do they finally put a voice to the the inequities and vote enough people onto the CSM to form a majority voting bloc (as it should be), or do they simply unsubscribe.

I am betting on the unsubscribe method. When high sec life becomes intolerable, people won't move to low or null. They will simply stop playing.

So what is wrong in highsec that isn't in the process of being fixed already? What are the injustices that high-sec people need to rally around? Ganking? It's part of the game. Scamming? Also part of the game.

The simple matter is that if the majority of high-sec had all their wishes granted, EVE Online as we know it, as we all like it, would cease to exist.

The simple matter is that if the minority of nullsec had all their wishes granted, EVE Online as we know it, as we like it, would cease to exist.

Our corporate symbol is a blue Egyptian Ankh representing pure eternal life, surrounded by 8 gold stars representing The Eightfold Path on a red background representing sacrifice and committment to the everliving, beloved of Ptah...

Marduk Nibiru
Chaos Delivery Systems
#102 - 2012-04-16 18:58:29 UTC
Just speed tank your freighter
Velicitia
XS Tech
#103 - 2012-04-16 19:01:32 UTC
BURN YULAI!

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#104 - 2012-04-16 19:11:14 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
On the 27th pull out any ship you have there, unless you want to try to follow in local for grins. At any rate, don't undock anything on the 28th. If the only thing flying are Goon ships, they're gonna have a helluva time staring at each other, wondering why Mitt said this was such a great idea. Mitt, the mighty leader....burn Jita. Yeah, right.

The funny part will be with no targets, the Goons complaining in local...while their complaints are scrolled out of chat by Jita spam bots. They won't even be able to smack talk.

Goons need no bots to spam local harder and with pørn, post xenophobia or racist insults (well just the stupid ones witch means a lot of goons).

Set a long skill and play something interesting instead.
Rune Star
Trauma Ward
#105 - 2012-04-16 20:56:00 UTC
I'm bringing a 1400mm Howie Nado (complete with lolsebo's) and seeing how many killmails I can get :D

Goons beware.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#106 - 2012-04-16 21:10:27 UTC
1) Bring marshmallows.

2) ...and a salvager

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Kalli Brixzat
#107 - 2012-04-16 21:13:16 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
On the 27th pull out any ship you have there, unless you want to try to follow in local for grins. At any rate, don't undock anything on the 28th. If the only thing flying are Goon ships, they're gonna have a helluva time staring at each other, wondering why Mitt said this was such a great idea. Mitt, the mighty leader....burn Jita. Yeah, right.

The funny part will be with no targets, the Goons complaining in local...while their complaints are scrolled out of chat by Jita spam bots. They won't even be able to smack talk.

...or, put together some cheap T1 gangs and wait for the fireworks. Red = dead.
Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#108 - 2012-04-16 22:07:22 UTC
Welsige wrote:
I wonder where the role play aspects of the game ended being.

When you role play, you're still acting IRL.

I just get tired of idiots who confuse what happens in Eve as being completely independent of their larger existence in the universe. It's stupid, but worse, it breeds a sort of social dualism which prevents this game from ever being more than an opportunity for assholes to act out their fantasies on others.

And a virtual sandbox has so much more potential than that.

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#109 - 2012-04-16 22:54:49 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
cute; you believe them
funniest rumor Ive heard is that CCP will ban anyone that attacks Jita lol

I've said numerous times only fools believe a Goon. What I DO believe is, true to the definition of a sociopath, they're easily frustrated by no immediate reward, and get bored quickly. Our time honored response to these sorts of people is to wait them out. They wander off soon enough.

Wow, just kind of throwing out the hard diagnoses there, huh? I'm fairly certain (though not 100%) that I am not a sociopath. I just play one on the internet.

Denial isn't a river in Africa.

No kidding. But the Nile is definitely a river in Africa.

May i ask for clarification though. Do you think that Goons are sociopaths in real life, or that they are just so in game?

A possible answer to that questions is the recent acts of Goonswarm leadership. Of course you can't put everyone in the same basket but it's hard to think differently about so many big mouths grieffing/insulting attitude players under the same banner.
I mean, when you smoke don't be surprised if you get a cancer.
Serene Repose
#110 - 2012-04-17 05:11:48 UTC
Chokichi Ozuwara wrote:
Welsige wrote:
I wonder where the role play aspects of the game ended being.

When you role play, you're still acting IRL.
I just get tired of idiots who confuse what happens in Eve as being completely independent of their larger existence in the universe. It's stupid, but worse, it breeds a sort of social dualism which prevents this game from ever being more than an opportunity for assholes to act out their fantasies on others.
And a virtual sandbox has so much more potential than that.

Well said. What's illusory is some imagined divide between ingame and IRL behavior. There are some things people wouldn't dream of doing that afflicted people think of automatically. It happens here. It happens there. We are closer by identifying it as a psychological disorder. Eventually, and hopefully not in the too distant future, we'll learn to institutionalize these people. Maybe even buy a therapeutical EVE for them to play in their state-provided quarters. They can spend their years of institutionalized life screwing each other in T-EVE. Society advances. They get to pretend they're really special in a nice, safe environment.

Comforting thought.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Hamshoe
Doomheim
#111 - 2012-04-17 13:48:20 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:

May i ask for clarification though. Do you think that Goons are sociopaths in real life, or that they are just so in game?

A possible answer to that questions is the recent acts of Goonswarm leadership....

Eh, based on the "State of the Goonion" address I heard, it's much more an S&M Grease than Richard III. The Mittani got dumped by his girlfriend (CCP) in front of the whole world. Well, not so much dumped as "thrown under the bus", "kicked off a cliff", and "nailed to a cross", and all that after he'd done so much for her.

Now, he knows his bros are angry about this, and he's angry too, So they're going to knock the b**** around a little bit and see if she comes to her senses, "stab the beating heart of EVE" as it were. And it's not enough that CCP just tolerate this, it should be "celebrated as another great game event" to prove they're worthy of his love.

I mean, if we're going to play random pop psych I think that's the pathology to pursue. ;)
Serene Repose
#112 - 2012-04-17 14:25:20 UTC
Hamshoe wrote:
Eh, based on the "State of the Goonion" address I heard, it's much more an S&M Grease than Richard III. The Mittani got dumped by his girlfriend (CCP) in front of the whole world. Well, not so much dumped as "thrown under the bus", "kicked off a cliff", and "nailed to a cross", and all that after he'd done so much for her.

Now, he knows his bros are angry about this, and he's angry too, So they're going to knock the b**** around a little bit and see if she comes to her senses, "stab the beating heart of EVE" as it were. And it's not enough that CCP just tolerate this, it should be "celebrated as another great game event" to prove they're worthy of his love.

I mean, if we're going to play random pop psych I think that's the pathology to pursue. ;)

You did that so well. Admirable.

Serene Repose
#113 - 2012-04-18 15:18:09 UTC
For the Masternerds among us: Bang Our Heads Against The Wall Pretending We're Doing Something Horrible Day is the 28th.

(Shameless bump.)

Retar Aveymone
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#114 - 2012-04-18 15:22:25 UTC
could some of you be a dear and build me more thrashers im not sure the 12k i will have will be enough
Retar Aveymone
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#115 - 2012-04-18 15:23:22 UTC
and tornados of course just make sure they're on the market so we can easily restock
Serene Repose
#116 - 2012-04-18 15:34:30 UTC
Retar Aveymone wrote:
and tornados of course just make sure they're on the market so we can easily restock

Yeah, right away. Just after lunch at Donald Trump's.

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#117 - 2012-04-18 16:39:51 UTC
Best anti-Burn Jita strategy?

If you feel you absolutely can't live without Jita then dock up and do something else for a few days otherwise the last time I checked there were thousands of systems completely unaffected by the planned event.

Honestly, people like you just feed the fire that is the Goons ego with threads like this.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#118 - 2012-04-18 18:00:17 UTC
Best strategy make an alt and leave him in the station to watch the fireworks

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#119 - 2012-04-18 18:18:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakaru Ishiwara
Battle badgers and super-tanked Itty 5s. Swarm the Jita gates with them using low-SP alts and watch the chaos erupt!

I wonder if there is a cap on the number of Concord ships that can exist on a grid at any given time.

Also, I wonder if the Goons will be working their grid-foo to seriously **** up the various Jita gate grids.

There are so many interesting things that might happen with this nonsense!

Hmmm, I wonder if double-wrapped courier contracts still defy cargo scanners. If so, fill up those dummy haulers with the double-wrapped packages (filled with junk commodities) and throw even more confusion into the mix.

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

Devron Taal
Perkone
Caldari State
#120 - 2012-04-25 12:30:40 UTC
I don't follow that logic. If white knights are using ships cheaper than tornadoes then I laugh at the logic of that statement.