These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Best Anti-Burn Jita Strategy

Author
Danel Tosh
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2012-04-16 14:12:16 UTC
ive got another character in jita in a newb ship. I think im just gona bump the goons or somthing just for fun.
actually why dont we just fly around in newb ships and bump goons all day? i mean if they kill you then u just dock up and the insurance company gives you another newb ship so you can just rince and repeat.

hell it would be very funny if everyone was in noob ship and the goons are forced to shoot only them :)
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#82 - 2012-04-16 14:23:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Wow, this thread reminds me of a managers meeting at my company. By the time everybody has said their thing and countered each other, nobody can remember what we were talking about to begin with. EvE is Real. Straight
Josef Djugashvilis
#83 - 2012-04-16 14:33:33 UTC
Denial isn't a river in Africa.

What?

So this means the one bit of geography I knew is wrong....

This is not a signature.

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#84 - 2012-04-16 14:33:41 UTC
Danel Tosh wrote:
ive got another character in jita in a newb ship. I think im just gona bump the goons or somthing just for fun.
actually why dont we just fly around in newb ships and bump goons all day? i mean if they kill you then u just dock up and the insurance company gives you another newb ship so you can just rince and repeat.

hell it would be very funny if everyone was in noob ship and the goons are forced to shoot only them :)

Hmm, so the population of Jita are reduced to flying nothing but noob ships for the entire duration of the goons visit?

Sounds like this burn Jita op is going to be easier than I originally believed.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Altair Raja
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2012-04-16 15:19:05 UTC
namron 7 wrote:
It will happen as

1. 95% of people who play this game would never dream of reading these forums
2. The 5% who do will be in Jita just to watch.

Ill be rolling an Alt in my 3rd slot and will go to Jita for the first time ever just to watch!
Dodixie is way cooler that Jita anyway!

AFK cloaking doesn't earn anything, so it needs a buff!

saltrock0000
State War Academy
Caldari State
#86 - 2012-04-16 15:21:18 UTC
.TwistedEvilTwistedEvilTwistedEvil best anti burn jita is to let it happen, embrase the logic... DOWN WITH EVE .TwistedEvilTwistedEvilTwistedEvil

\'''\<(o_O)>/'''/

Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#87 - 2012-04-16 15:46:07 UTC
Diablo Ex wrote:
namron 7 wrote:
It will happen as

1. 95% of people who play this game would never dream of reading these forums
2. The 5% who do will be in Jita just to watch.

I know that I plan on being there, screen capture running, in a cloaky scout with a fresh bag of popcorn and a six pack of beer.
AFK Cloaking and enjoying the show.

I think you'd better look up the meaning of "AFK".. I don't think it means what you think it means. lol

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#88 - 2012-04-16 16:04:08 UTC
Danel Tosh wrote:

Don't forget to move your clone in case you get disco'd.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2012-04-16 16:07:36 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Serene, what is with your strange obsession with the Goons?

SERENE IS PRENCLEEVE GROTHSMORE

Dodixie > Hek

Alexandra Delarge
The Korova
#90 - 2012-04-16 16:24:06 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
We've got people stationed in adjacent systems to spam a warning to all incoming traffic.

Lol

Alotta Cleavage
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2012-04-16 16:25:44 UTC
Made a quick 20+million isk in Salvage on just one Tech2 Frigate the other day in Jita. My fleet of salvaging Frigates and Destroyers standing by to circle the wrecks and have lots of fun.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#92 - 2012-04-16 16:40:14 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
On the 27th pull out any ship you have there, unless you want to try to follow in local for grins. At any rate, don't undock anything on the 28th. If the only thing flying are Goon ships, they're gonna have a helluva time staring at each other, wondering why Mitt said this was such a great idea. Mitt, the mighty leader....burn Jita. Yeah, right.

The funny part will be with no targets, the Goons complaining in local...while their complaints are scrolled out of chat by Jita spam bots. They won't even be able to smack talk.

You failed to explain in your post as to why I want to stop it?

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

qDoctor Strangelove
Doomheim
#93 - 2012-04-16 16:41:42 UTC
isn't there a hard-coded max number of people that can be in Jita?
Welsige
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2012-04-16 16:51:27 UTC
Chokichi Ozuwara wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
Do you think that Goons are sociopaths in real life, or that they are just so in game?

Eve doesn't exist outside of "real life". Real people playing in a simulated universe is still "real life".

I wonder where the role play aspects of the game ended being.

[b]~ 10.058 ~

Free The Mittani[/b]

Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#95 - 2012-04-16 17:01:19 UTC
The best Jita anti-burn strategy is obviously to flood the system.

Probably in tears.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

Abraxas666
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#96 - 2012-04-16 17:04:36 UTC
I haven't been in Jita in a long time but if we have a route to high-sec on that day I may invest in 100 of the cheapest haulers to entertain myself for the evening. Then again, I'll probably just stay in W-space.
SiLenTkNlghT
Nullsec Pimps Associated
#97 - 2012-04-16 17:09:16 UTC
You guys do realize the fact that goons are already manipulating the market just by saying they are going to attack jita right? Just look at the recent inflation of the market wether its modules or ships, and pled, the priceS are already sky high. Just by doing do they have already made back the isk they will loose through suicide ganking. Lol they are using ur money to fund ur death.
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#98 - 2012-04-16 17:42:45 UTC
More forum posting npc alts thinking they have a right to voice their opinions itt
Kairos Antilles
Doomheim
#99 - 2012-04-16 18:32:41 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:

And there's your stroke of brilliance, Kengutsi. He's going to claim success regardless.

You know, that sounds frightenly like the current occupant at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC. X
THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#100 - 2012-04-16 18:41:52 UTC
Hype levels for this event have far exceeded government standards. The event will be diverted to the total crap path now.

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?