These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

POS's Flogging the Dead Horse

First post
Author
Chaotic Mind
Wet Corpses
#181 - 2013-01-24 11:34:53 UTC
The horse shall be flogged
Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#182 - 2013-01-24 14:43:28 UTC
Flogged the horse shall be.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#183 - 2013-01-24 15:08:05 UTC
flogging the horse more cause it seems to just be the thing to do thses days.
evilliun
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#184 - 2013-01-24 21:43:55 UTC
Abso-floggin'-lutely. Beat the dead pile of rotten organic matter back to life again. Flog it until someone realizes that the small part of the community isn't as small as they would like to believe.

And, no, it won't be fixed if one complex, awkward pos system is replaced with another. Follow the Eve ship fitting model and make the pos work for the community so that we all want to use it. Make the pos relevant to Eve, useful to the players, and mobile.
joshua mckayne
Bubblewrap.
#185 - 2013-02-03 09:58:32 UTC
+1 flogging the dead horse
Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#186 - 2013-02-03 15:23:06 UTC
The dead horse has long ago rotted and disintegrated into particles. These particles were then absorbed by plants such as grass, which were then eaten by yet another horse. This new horse has also died, and we are flogging this one.

+1....again...maybe...

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Cari Cullejen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#187 - 2013-02-06 06:02:42 UTC
This GOING to happen, we just need to bug CCP to make it happen faster!

What are you looking for here? Read the post!

Thorian Crystal
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#188 - 2013-02-07 18:13:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Thorian Crystal
Yes, please.

Problem is though, that if I need to make my own corp just to have a POS, it wouldn't be that easy after all. The POSes seem to be modular even now, just not interconnected modules. But I need my own corp...

In other words, the POSes are kind of not POSes at the moment but COSes (corporate owned stations), even though players own corps, but still. To have a real POS (player owned station) the station would have to be personal. After that you could still grant accesses to individual players and or corps and or standings etc...
Omendor
Friends Of Harassment
#189 - 2013-02-07 20:27:25 UTC
+1
Inspiration
#190 - 2013-02-07 23:45:29 UTC
I like it a lot and for the role of a POS.....they should offer better quality services and faster then busy stations can offer. It always bothered me that you have instant and perfect refine at stations and that dedicated hard to fit, costly POS structures are slow and inefficient. The same logic should be applied to everything else industrial a POS does really, which make them something worth going for combat wise!

And please do not restrict to 0.0 only, give POS real pervasive role!

I am serious!

Inspiration
#191 - 2013-02-07 23:47:44 UTC
Thorian Crystal wrote:
Yes, please.

Problem is though, that if I need to make my own corp just to have a POS, it wouldn't be that easy after all. The POSes seem to be modular even now, just not interconnected modules. But I need my own corp...

In other words, the POSes are kind of not POSes at the moment but COSes (corporate owned stations), even though players own corps, but still. To have a real POS (player owned station) the station would have to be personal. After that you could still grant accesses to individual players and or corps and or standings etc...

Agreed, and it would also be nice to offer public services...for that however we might need to have the option for shields like stations and ships use...instead of a large bubble!

I am serious!

Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#192 - 2013-02-08 02:56:56 UTC
As long as we get to burn or loot everything on POS destruction...

Indestructible outposts are something like a bad joke from a realism perspective. In EVE, everything player-made must be player-destroyable!

Otherwise, any plans to expand on POSes are most welcome.

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Andy Landen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#193 - 2013-02-23 22:22:27 UTC
Anyone heard any commitment from CCP on fixing this THE WAY WE WANT? I have already let one subscription expire, and I am losing patience with the other two. I am sure many players have either crossed that bridge or are approaching it. We need a solid time/date commitment or it will continue to be put off indefinitely..

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein 

Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#194 - 2013-02-28 16:53:01 UTC
No new news that I've heard of. Basically, back in December CCP said "it's too hard to revamp".

I'm still kind of hopeful that we'll see some low-hanging fruit harvested for the summer expansion, otherwise I'm going to let half a dozen accounts lapse in disgust. It's not like there aren't (probably) simple things that could be done to address the glaring weaknesses and issues in the current system:

- Remove the need of granting the Factory Manager role to people in order for them to make use of the POS labs/arrays. Instead, allow us to grant usage of the labs based on the 14 "titles" in the Corp UI. That would mean that players could no longer cancel other players jobs easily and would make running a "research" division much easier. Which might improve the particulars of null-sec industry.

- Change how job cancellation works. If a job gets cancelled partway through, you should get as much progress as was made on the job within that time. In the case of BPO research, the number of ME/PE points accumulated by that point in time, rounded down. Plus a refund of any unspent per-hour fees. The main reason for this is to open the door for allowing player-owned towers to provide public research. If the customers are assured of at least getting partial credit on their jobs instead of all or nothing, then there's less potential for outright griefing and theft of the fees. Fees should be placed into an escrow and then paid out to the tower owner every N hours (whenever the job gains a new level of ME/PE or output).

- It should be possible to do copy jobs using alliance POS towers, have the copies delivered to the location of the BPO.

- Fix CHAs to allow containers to be fully used (withdrawing of contents, not just deposit boxes). They got the job halfway done last December, since we can now deposit into containers, how about fixing the other half?

- Add audit entries for corporate hangars / SMAs so you can see who took/deposited what.

- Fix CHAs to allow items to be repackaged.

- Add corporate tabs to the SMAs.

- Fix SMAs and T3 ship reconfiguration.

- Re-introduce the faction towers as BPC drops from exploration / loot / pirate faction stores. Make their recipes rely on taking an existing tower and then adding existing resources to it. Those resources needed should be a mix of moon-goo, PI products, gas mining, ores and salvage. Use it as a chance to slightly increase demand for the resources that nobody seems to want.

- Give us an XL and XXL tower size option, which can only be anchored in low/null. Fuel consumption / PG / CPU / etc should be 2x and 4x that of the existing large tower.

- Add smaller SMA, which is about 1/4 the existing SMA size and lighter on PG/CPU usage.

- Add smaller CHA that is competitive with the CAA on size / PG / CPU usage.

- Add larger CHA variants (4M m3 and 10M m3) which are competitive with the LSAA on size vs PG/CPU usage.

- Add a "personal CHA" where players can rent slots like lockers of a size about 25-50k m3/slot. If they don't pay every 30 days, it gets locked and only someone with roles can access the contents. Make it a limited number of slots such as 25 or 50 slots.

- Change towers so that they unanchor if not fueled, but give owners the option to mothball towers where they only consume 10% of the normal fuel blocks per hour (but still consume charters at full rate). If you want to keep a tower at a moon, then you should need to fuel it regularly. At 10% rate, that means mothballed towers could run for 10 months or so, which is not that bad. Increase the warning time on tower fueling to 7-days instead of 1-day, with notifications starting as soon as 7-days prior to "out of fuel", but decrease interval to be only every 6 or 12 hours on the warning mails.

- Do something about gas silo mechanics, not sure what.

- Allow "alliance" CHAs / SMAs to be anchored at the tower, which would let 2 corps in an alliance share tower facilities.

- Allow lab/array fees to be paid out of a personal wallet.
Notorious Fellon
#195 - 2013-02-28 17:13:41 UTC
Do it.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

Deornoth Drake
Vandeo
#196 - 2013-02-28 20:54:00 UTC
Check out some ideas of that thread

How to improve a nomadic lifestyle
Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#197 - 2013-03-01 06:42:14 UTC
How much more flogging can this horse take?
He dares
Tir Capital Management Group
#198 - 2013-03-01 13:19:30 UTC
The only time ill ever +1 for thread necromancy
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#199 - 2013-03-01 19:51:30 UTC
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
How much more flogging can this horse take?

Eight on its side.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Bud Austrene
Secure Haven
#200 - 2013-03-01 21:25:05 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Thread was automatically locked for inactivity and now has been unlocked again.

Surely, this could mean the horse might not be dead.

Yes I am an alt. I see no reason to make it easy for bullies and greifers