These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Annoying things that people say..

Author
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#21 - 2012-04-20 08:11:43 UTC
Sardon Darkstar
Omnivores of Mediocrity
Omnivores
#22 - 2012-04-20 11:48:02 UTC
An American comedian by the name of Bill Engvall (blue collar comedy tour) has an expression for such remarks/questions:

... here's your sign.

Like, I'm tying up the laces on my ice skates and someone asks me "Oh are you gonna go skating?"
""Nope, I'm going to tapdance and chop onions at the same time"
... here's your sign.
XIRUSPHERE
In Bacon We Trust
#23 - 2012-04-21 06:37:05 UTC
"You should smile more" "Why aren't you smiling?" To which I merrily reply either "Smiling for no reason is for suckers" or my personal favorite "People who smile for no reason openly show they are full of crap"

The advantage of a bad memory is that one can enjoy the same good things for the first time several times.

One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.

Tsadkiel
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-04-23 03:42:36 UTC
"It's just a theory"

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2012-04-23 03:58:42 UTC
Anyone that brings up a crazy German dictator that started a war (between 1939 & 1945) when describing someone they don't agree with.

I think his name was Hans

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#26 - 2012-04-23 14:11:49 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Be a biach to strangers but be nice to your family!

I despise this sentiment. My wife's family is like this: it doesn't matter what they do or say, they're family and you have to be nice and put up with it.

No. In my family, when my uncle screwed my father out of a fair bit of money they went several years with almost no contact. When that uncle continued to be a screw-up, I grew up with almost no contact with him and his family. Given the fact that his kids turned out to be utter trash, I'm comfortable with barely knowing a few of my cousins. Being family only gets you so far; if you're going to act like an idiot, I'm going to call you out on it or simply disown you.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#27 - 2012-04-23 14:13:35 UTC
Tsadkiel wrote:
"It's just a theory"

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ha! Well you've read my take on that. Of course, when I hear that I want to explain it all to them AFTER I remove their teeth so that next time they say "if juff a feory."

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#28 - 2012-04-23 14:15:12 UTC
XIRUSPHERE wrote:
"You should smile more" "Why aren't you smiling?" To which I merrily reply either "Smiling for no reason is for suckers" or my personal favorite "People who smile for no reason openly show they are full of crap"

"Because I haven't thought of how I'm going to kill you yet." Pause for a second, then "Ah ha!" and grin as you walk away.

Previous page12