These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

so the hulk WTF CCP?!!?!?

First post
Author
Viira Khali'un
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#861 - 2012-04-13 20:42:33 UTC
JC Anderson wrote:
This was ages ago, but still makes me laugh.

I think it was in 2006 if I remember correctly. My corp at the time was part of the ASCN and we had a mining op going on in null. HULKS were still pretty rare at that time (and a lot more expensive than now), and our CEO had just purchased one and swore up and down that they had a great tank.

He asked us to open fire on him to test it.

We deactivated our launchers after he started screaming on VENT for us to stop shooting him. We stopped shooting him but quite a few missiles were still in flight and heading his way.

BOOM.

He owned it for all of 15 minutes or so between purchase and it getting blown to shreds.

Afterwards, a Mercenary Coalition interceptor grabbed his pod in the same system at the gate and blew up his multi billion isk implant set.

And he forgot to update his clone before that. ;)



Ow....just....ow.....talk about having a bad day >_<
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#862 - 2012-04-13 20:42:44 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Because empire space is simply swarming with 30 man gank squads looking to blow up ships for no profit.


That's why they do it for fun.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#863 - 2012-04-13 20:42:57 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:


And as I have stated several times and other intelligent memebers of EVE.
Hulk are bad.


In what way?
Ildryn
Idle Guns.
#864 - 2012-04-13 20:43:21 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:
Ildryn wrote:


Was replying to someone who quoted me.
And as i have stated several times and other intelligent members of EVE.
Hulks are fine.

It's the pilots who decide Yield > Tank.


And as I have stated several times and other intelligent memebers of EVE.
Hulk are bad.


Meh...then go for yield. Good luck in the belts.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#865 - 2012-04-13 20:43:36 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:


That's why they do it for fun.


So where are they?
Whitehound
#866 - 2012-04-13 20:43:43 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
There is nothing extream about fitting a T2 tank.

Fit your T2s the way you like. If this is how you fit them then I know a desperate man.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#867 - 2012-04-13 20:46:52 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
There is nothing extream about fitting a T2 tank.

Fit your T2s the way you like. If this is how you fit them then I know a desperate man.


No, its called being smart. Desperate is crying to CCP to change a perfectly fine ship because you want the tank without making any sacrifices to your isk flow.
Whitehound
#868 - 2012-04-13 20:49:10 UTC
Ildryn wrote:
A lot of shield/armor tanks on combat ships utilize both mids and lows.
Armor tank with cap booster.
Shield tank with shield power relays.
So why should a hulk be any different for tank?

Firstly, because the Hulk does not have a decent tank and secondly do you fit webs and scrams and damage mods on combat ships.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Whitehound
#869 - 2012-04-13 20:51:10 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
No, its called being smart. Desperate is crying to CCP to change a perfectly fine ship because you want the tank without making any sacrifices to your isk flow.

No, desperate is when you do not know what the other one is saying and your brain runs off into dreamland where all people cry and do not talk.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

malcovas Henderson
THoF
#870 - 2012-04-13 20:53:36 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
malcovas Henderson wrote:


And as I have stated several times and other intelligent memebers of EVE.
Hulk are bad.


In what way?


As I have already stated. And with legitimate arguements.
My opinion will remain that hulk's are in a bad place. You disagree, thats your perogative.

All you come up with is tank tank tank. What you are totally forgetting is a combat ship, can also attack attack attack when ganked. This is also a form of defence. Combat ships have Tank and guns to protect themselves. That puts the Hulk in a pretty damned disadvantage i would say.


o7


baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#871 - 2012-04-13 20:54:37 UTC
Whitehound wrote:

No, desperate is when you do not know what the other one is saying and your brain runs off into dreamland where all people cry and do not talk.


So wake up and stop crying about the hulk not having a tank when it clearly does.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#872 - 2012-04-13 20:56:28 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:


As I have already stated. And with legitimate arguements.
My opinion will remain that hulk's are in a bad place. You disagree, thats your perogative.

All you come up with is tank tank tank. What you are totally forgetting is a combat ship, can also attack attack attack when ganked. This is also a form of defence. Combat ships have Tank and guns to protect themselves. That puts the Hulk in a pretty damned disadvantage i would say.


The hulk has the best guns of all. Concord.
Whitehound
#873 - 2012-04-13 20:58:01 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
So wake up and stop crying about the hulk not having a tank when it clearly does.

Again, you are just desperate. No one said the mining ships have no tank. Your head is still far away in dreamland ... maybe you should take a break from posting.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Ildryn
Idle Guns.
#874 - 2012-04-13 21:00:13 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Ildryn wrote:
A lot of shield/armor tanks on combat ships utilize both mids and lows.
Armor tank with cap booster.
Shield tank with shield power relays.
So why should a hulk be any different for tank?

Firstly, because the Hulk does not have a decent tank and secondly do you fit webs and scrams and damage mods on combat ships.


Depends on the ship.
My carrier is armor tanked with cap mods for tank in the mids..low/mid slot tank.
Ishtar for running level 4 missions semi/afk has a shield tank with shield power relays in it.

Not all combat ships fit your perfect scenario of tank only low or mid slots.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#875 - 2012-04-13 21:01:20 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
So wake up and stop crying about the hulk not having a tank when it clearly does.

Again, you are just desperate. No one said the mining ships have no tank. Your head is still far away in dreamland ... maybe you should take a break from posting.


No matter how many times you say something vague about being desperate, the fact still is the hulk does just fine.
Whitehound
#876 - 2012-04-13 21:03:51 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
No matter how many times you say something vague about being desperate, the fact still is the hulk does just fine.

No, and you have been given many arguments.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

malcovas Henderson
THoF
#877 - 2012-04-13 21:04:23 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
malcovas Henderson wrote:


As I have already stated. And with legitimate arguements.
My opinion will remain that hulk's are in a bad place. You disagree, thats your perogative.

All you come up with is tank tank tank. What you are totally forgetting is a combat ship, can also attack attack attack when ganked. This is also a form of defence. Combat ships have Tank and guns to protect themselves. That puts the Hulk in a pretty damned disadvantage i would say.


The hulk has the best guns of all. Concord.


OFC they do, and so does every other ship in Hi sec. Should you reduce the tank of all ships, for this reason?
Ildryn
Idle Guns.
#878 - 2012-04-13 21:07:16 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
malcovas Henderson wrote:


As I have already stated. And with legitimate arguements.
My opinion will remain that hulk's are in a bad place. You disagree, thats your perogative.

All you come up with is tank tank tank. What you are totally forgetting is a combat ship, can also attack attack attack when ganked. This is also a form of defence. Combat ships have Tank and guns to protect themselves. That puts the Hulk in a pretty damned disadvantage i would say.


The hulk has the best guns of all. Concord.


OFC they do, and so does every other ship in Hi sec. Should you reduce the tank of all ships, for this reason?


Why would you reduce the ehp of all ships?
We are talking about exhumers here. Ships known to favor mining yield over tank in lore and common sense,
Get on topic muppet.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#879 - 2012-04-13 21:08:30 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:


OFC they do, and so does every other ship in Hi sec. Should you reduce the tank of all ships, for this reason?


No, and we shouldn't increase the tank of ships that don't need it.
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#880 - 2012-04-13 21:08:50 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
So wake up and stop crying about the hulk not having a tank when it clearly does.


Can you give a fit for Hulk that can tank 1500 dps therm/kin?