These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP... Devs... UI Video... Hope it happens soon...

First post
Author
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#41 - 2012-04-11 19:49:25 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Selinate wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
wow what a cool video :3

You put your dev tag on this thread just to troll the players, didn't you?

I support this post.

Exactly, saw blue, "ooo, gonna get some knowledge all up in here" See Punkturis and immediately "OH, you."

you know me Blink

I can't tell you much, some of this stuff has already been implemented, some of it will never be implemented, some of it is already WiP and the rest will probably be iterated on a bunch of teams before it gets into the game.

That's pretty much how the UI Designers and UI Programmers work together Big smile

(and then we sometimes get a NOPE from the server programmers because they don't like to be mean to TQ)

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2012-04-11 20:11:37 UTC
^wtb negative rep.

I have more space likes than you. 

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#43 - 2012-04-11 20:43:38 UTC
Dbars Grinding wrote:
^wtb negative rep.

take it back! Evil

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-04-11 20:56:49 UTC
I really want that, looks great however I shudder to think of all the bugs and stuff it will break when it will be released onto TQ. Heck, I just got the 'group all your guns and load them with ammo and only one gun will load with ammo' bug again.

And I have no doubt the new UI will delete all my fittings and overview settings and not let me re-import them. Cant' wait!
ivar R'dhak
Deus est Mechanicus
#45 - 2012-04-11 21:02:36 UTC  |  Edited by: ivar R'dhak
Quote:
Quote:
Dbars Grinding wrote:
^wtb negative rep.

take it back!

Ooooh .. catfight!

/popcornCool

Though in all seriousness, even if you only implement enough to stop the UI from looking(&behaving) like "SpaceOS 95" you reinvigorated EVE massively.
Though I love the current NEOcom and it´s ability to be freely configurable, a UI that actually changes and adapts to the current action would be perfect.
Something akin to "RED alert" from Star Trek giving you a "fighting UI" while the normal state leaves you the options we currently have.
Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#46 - 2012-04-11 21:08:07 UTC
I'm looking forward to the day when some of those those things end up in game.
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#47 - 2012-04-11 23:10:17 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
(and then we sometimes get a NOPE from the server programmers because they don't like to be mean to TQ)
Because they don't like YOU to be mean to TQ Twisted

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Lord Helghast
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#48 - 2012-04-12 03:10:35 UTC
Kurai Okala wrote:
Myrkala wrote:
I really liked the status icons above the shield/armor/structure showing if you are being warp scrambled ect. that should definitely be looked into further.

Knowing what is happening to your ship and who is doing it to your ship is very important !

Good news for you! (from here)

Quote:
Status Effects Notification Panel
Status effects - commonly known as buffs and debuffs - currently active on your ship will now display in a more visible and intuitive Notification Panel on your screen, similar to other mainstream MMOs.

lol lets hope thats not the only UI thing coming though,

oh and that character selection screen i totally missed i have always wondered why we have a full body avatar yet our char select screen is so... blah, then again we cant even get a switch or "exit to char select" option lol
Daneirkus Auralex
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2012-04-12 05:14:54 UTC
There's so much awesome in that video. Even the board game looks cool too. One day...
Gantz Tleilax
Divided Unity
The Night Crew Alliance
#50 - 2012-04-12 06:13:02 UTC
Wow, that video makes eves current UI look ancient!
Joran Dravius
Doomheim
#51 - 2012-04-12 06:25:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Joran Dravius
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I can't tell you much, some of this stuff has already been implemented, some of it will never be implemented, some of it is already WiP and the rest will probably be iterated on a bunch of teams before it gets into the game.

Which things fall into which category?
Stellar Vix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#52 - 2012-04-12 07:04:55 UTC
That's to be discussed at a later time.

-Vix

SWA Instructor, Commander Select Currently being blamed as SWA's CEO SWA PVP Program

Oberine Noriepa
#53 - 2012-04-12 07:18:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Oberine Noriepa
Vaal Erit wrote:
I really want that, looks great however I shudder to think of all the bugs and stuff it will break when it will be released onto TQ. Heck, I just got the 'group all your guns and load them with ammo and only one gun will load with ammo' bug again.

And I have no doubt the new UI will delete all my fittings and overview settings and not let me re-import them. Cant' wait!

If you encounter bugs, you should use the in-game bug reporting tool (F12). The more people do this, the faster bugs will be corrected.

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#54 - 2012-04-12 08:54:10 UTC
Oberine Noriepa wrote:
Vaal Erit wrote:

If you encounter bugs, you should use the in-game bug reporting tool (F12). The more people do this, the faster bugs will be corrected.

what an awesome post!Big smile

DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2012-04-12 09:25:27 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
what an awesome post!Big smile

I tried very hard not to like you... I failed.

Ungi maðurinn þekkir reglurnar, en gamli maðurinn þekkir undantekningarnar. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

CCP Arrow
C C P
C C P Alliance
#56 - 2012-04-12 11:29:51 UTC
The Black Market Credits was a working name before 'Aurum' was decided. The mockup was done before the release of the Storefront.

The intel tool was a mockup we did when we explored a scenario where there was no Local. So a way to know how many where in local space (and not local in a station or establishment). Something that had to be considered if players would be interacting with each other in a new venue (establishments). Just a prototype mockup for a concept scenario, again just exploring a hypothetical scenario Blink

CCP Arrow   |   Director of User Experience   |   EVE Online   |   @CCP_Arrow

Khaji'un Noyakin
Doomheim
#57 - 2012-04-12 12:13:20 UTC
That does look promising.

I always wondered (played the game on and off since beta) whether the devs ever played modern aerial combat sims. The average HUD that current day jet fighters use is waaaaaay more andvanced than the EVE UI. But really, those are light years ahead of the info we get in the game.

This game needs a UI that would be a modern version of an aerial combat HUD, nothing less.

I mean, I want to see what I need to see while I am doing whatever it is I am doing. I need to be able to have Situational Awerness (one of those terms combat pilots use). As it is now I need to look at windows..... Ugh Worst of all, they clutter my view and thus my situational awareness gets ruined.

What I miss in the current UI are threat indicators, dynamic information display, targetting indicators with all data I need, without having to click anywhere. It should just be there in front of me, without cluttering my view. It can be done, look at those combat fighters. So for sure in EVE it is possible as well. It is just a matter of developing it.

Why this has not been a high priority over so many years has always been a mystery to me. Let's just hope that now EVE will finally get what it needs: a space combat oriented HUD. But a decent one, not one of those Star Wars game type ones, no professional and sleek, like we saw in the Butterfly Effect and the Dominion trailers. THAT is what this game needs.

Here's me keeping my fingers crossed. Cool

And yes, do check out those aerial combat fighter simulations for inspiration. You'll be surprized as to what they can do today with current technology. Blink
Kilbers
#58 - 2012-04-12 12:19:27 UTC
would be nice to see the UI this summer, much needed!
ivar R'dhak
Deus est Mechanicus
#59 - 2012-04-12 12:57:59 UTC  |  Edited by: ivar R'dhak
Khaji'un Noyakin wrote:
What I miss in the current UI are threat indicators, dynamic information display, targetting indicators with all data I need, without having to click anywhere. It should just be there in front of me, without cluttering my view. It can be done, look at those combat fighters.

Thank you.
This is exactly what I meant with my clumsily worded "Fighting UI".

When we are about to enter a fight, or suddenly somebody is targeting us, the last thing we care for are blinking wallets, the market or whatever frikken mails, journals or skill updates happen to need attention.

It would be great if that UI could morph from the current "SpaceOS" into something like a Battle State that gives us pertinent information at one glance. Instead of yet another unintuitive & hard to read column in the tiny overview window.
Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#60 - 2012-04-12 13:33:18 UTC

@ Punkturis

You said that you weren't aware of the Station Services being looked at for UI revision...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME2815NN-Xc&feature=youtu.be&t=1m1s

Ugh

It's right there!!! Bear

Where I am.