These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP... Devs... UI Video... Hope it happens soon...

First post
Author
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#21 - 2012-04-11 00:35:59 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
wow what a cool video :3

nudge nudge wink wink

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#22 - 2012-04-11 00:52:41 UTC
so arum is being replaced with black market credits? see 1:50 monocle only 250 BMC?

at that price they better be destructible...

hell cant they just make all WIS goods from the arum store bpc only and use PI to make the stuff? i hate **** appearing out of nowhere...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Malkev
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#23 - 2012-04-11 00:59:46 UTC
End of video links:

3 Eve Related
2 WOD Related
7 Fashion Shows

What?
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-04-11 04:48:44 UTC
Everything about that video is why new players don't GET eve online. It's why I stopped playing in a lot of ways. I got sick of having to hold peoples hand to learn the game, the game should teach you how to play. Eve won't be less complicated, but anything that requires another player to be with you to tell you things like "oh if you stay still they can hit you better" or "oh you have to find the station your mission started at by click on on this window, then going into this window, then final, right click and show destination, then right click and set"

Like how does that make the game harder? Or more complex? Eve could get even more complex once that tactical overlay is in the game. Players would finally see the transversal go down when they get webbed, they wold see the shots were missing, but now they are hitting. And honestly even my wife was confused by understanding when she was dying because there is no way to tell 6 years ago other than your hp bar which is never explained.

So having the shields, and then the armor, and then little escape pods escaping, that is so awesome.

Please CCP, give us that new overview, give us those new station UIs, please please please ccp.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-04-11 11:24:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
I really hope we see a total UI redesign soon as it is just not good enough at the moment, and all CCP seem to be doing is just making little polishes here and there which will probably turn out to be a big waste of time, if/when they finally give the UI the attention it needs.

There were a could of interesting UI related things at fanfest. The picture and picture thing looked cool but it doesn't do much to improve the functionality of the game, which is what UI is all about. However, what really interested me was the new dynamic camera options and i would like to hear more about that and when we could expect to see it in game.
Lijhal
Innoruuks Wrath
#26 - 2012-04-11 11:42:51 UTC
Myrkala
Royal Robot Ponies
Happy Cartel
#27 - 2012-04-11 11:43:51 UTC
I really liked the status icons above the shield/armor/structure showing if you are being warp scrambled ect. that should definitely be looked into further.

Knowing what is happening to your ship and who is doing it to your ship is very important !

I really liked being able to see the ammo pile on the module icon too.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-04-11 11:48:22 UTC
Lijhal wrote:

To be fair, that has nothing to do with UI. It's just art.
Phoehnix
neXer AB
#29 - 2012-04-11 13:29:01 UTC
yes
Mini Mini
White Line Industries
#30 - 2012-04-11 13:35:37 UTC
In development or not I can't support changes like these enough! Looks great and would bring some much needed clarity to the UI.
DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2012-04-11 13:37:22 UTC  |  Edited by: DeBingJos
Make the stuff in this vid the winter expansion!

Ungi maðurinn þekkir reglurnar, en gamli maðurinn þekkir undantekningarnar. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

Patient 2428190
DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
#32 - 2012-04-11 13:41:17 UTC
Looks like they might finish this by 2020.

Probably not. There were frames mentioning multiplayer WiS
Jack Paladin
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2012-04-11 13:41:36 UTC
+1

I have had dreams of such an overview. But make it an option, do not force onto players. Let them decide when to move over to it. Adopt the same upgrade priniciple as when you did away with the 'low quality' client for slower computers.

Lord FunkyMunky
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-04-11 16:13:10 UTC
lol i know it says its not actually WIP... which is technically false because its all work in progress and CarbonUI is already deployed which is part of the early work to let us have new UI's like this that we were promised thats what all the hubbub over "CarbonUI framework" was way back when... we got a new neocom, which is nice but honestly i dont understand.....

If the art team has already mocked up some extremely impressive designs, CarbonUI is integrated into the client... why can't we start seeing some of these graphical upgrade bleed in, i mean even revising the station services panel thats the smallest change and its just cosmetic to bring the panel up to modern day....

Yes i understand local, the PiP, overview require a lot of programming as well, but this is one case where its pretty clear development isnt waiting on art for designs, the designs are here... and normally what we here is that development is waiting on art to get through their backlog...

Please, Pretty Please, can we Haz new UI?

I wish we'd get more of an idea where the UI is headed in say the next 1-2 expansions or if the UI / HUD is even on the drawing board for these releases :(
Oberine Noriepa
#35 - 2012-04-11 16:28:16 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Lijhal wrote:

To be fair, that has nothing to do with UI. It's just art.

It would be cool if the character selection menu was like that, though.

Selinate
#36 - 2012-04-11 16:54:24 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:

You put your dev tag on this thread just to troll the players, didn't you?

I support this post.
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#37 - 2012-04-11 17:42:48 UTC
Selinate wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:

I support this post.

Exactly, saw blue, "ooo, gonna get some knowledge all up in here" See Punkturis and immediately "OH, you."
Stellar Vix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-04-11 18:13:34 UTC
If you go to the inferno escalation feature page you'll see that they're adding the timers shown at the end of the video.

Also there are several WIPs in the video as well which means they're slated and being worked on.

-Vix

SWA Instructor, Commander Select Currently being blamed as SWA's CEO SWA PVP Program

Kurai Okala
Okala Corp
#39 - 2012-04-11 18:14:12 UTC
Myrkala wrote:
I really liked the status icons above the shield/armor/structure showing if you are being warp scrambled ect. that should definitely be looked into further.

Knowing what is happening to your ship and who is doing it to your ship is very important !

Good news for you! (from here)

Quote:
Status Effects Notification Panel
Status effects - commonly known as buffs and debuffs - currently active on your ship will now display in a more visible and intuitive Notification Panel on your screen, similar to other mainstream MMOs.
Kurai Okala
Okala Corp
#40 - 2012-04-11 18:15:32 UTC
Selinate wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:

I support this post.

It sure drummed up a lot more interest in this thread didn't it ;)