These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Dev Blog: Carebearing 2.0

First post First post
Author
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#41 - 2012-04-10 15:05:37 UTC
ChromeStriker wrote:

So what loot will the drones drop?? Straight

Good question.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Boltorano
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2012-04-10 15:05:43 UTC
Without any interesting and shiny loot I'll still be ignoring all those Drone 3/10s and 5/10s I find, I don't run complexes for bounties alone.

And no, parts for those stupid Augmented/Integrated drones don't count.
Freezalot
Doomheim
#43 - 2012-04-10 15:06:10 UTC
What about drone plex's? (Hint: they currently suck balls)
Securitas Protector
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde
#44 - 2012-04-10 15:07:49 UTC
As part of this change, we‘re also adjusting the security status of drone region systems. As you can see from the image above, the change is an upward adjustment in truesec across most regions, with the ones closer to empire ending up with a higher truesec than the ones further away. The overall goal of all these changes is to make the drone regions more economically balanced, and to reduce the downward pressure on mineral prices from the drone regions so mining becomes more profitable.

Am I the only one who saw the opposite on the image? All of them had either the same average truesec or lower, but in the dev blog it says the change is an UPWARD adjustment.
Meissa Anunthiel
Redshift Industrial
Rooks and Kings
#45 - 2012-04-10 15:08:13 UTC
I, for one, welcome our new 0.0 Hulk overlords.

Member of CSM 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7

Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#46 - 2012-04-10 15:08:51 UTC
Good, you made mining profitable again. I always thought it was wrong that the main source of minerals was not mining, but shooting things.

But now you need to change the actual process of mining into something that can be enjoyable to someone who isn't yet brain-dead. Even I may start mining when it yields 200 m/hour, but I'm still going to hate it.

Korerin Mayul
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2012-04-10 15:09:20 UTC
hooot digity, this is going to cause some major wonk on the mineral markets.

great changes, i love a bit of a shake-up every once in a while, the drone regions will never look the same again.
Iosue
Black Sky Hipsters
#48 - 2012-04-10 15:09:47 UTC
awesome sauce! thanks for removing drone poo and meta 0 drops. finally all those sp will be worth something!!
J'Rela
Black Lotus Heavy Industries
#49 - 2012-04-10 15:12:10 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Read this dev blog by CCP Affinity from Team Five 0 and learn everything you always wanted to know about 'carebearing 2.0' (but were afraid to ask)!

tl;dr: CCP swings the nerfbat around like a blind drunk in a fog, removing everything unique and interesting about the Drone Regions in the process.

Please, CCP, stop trying to alter player behavior. You can't change what you don't understand.

I know we've never actually done the "Sandbox" and "Big and Uneven" things you always talk about. Could we maybe try those, instead of making everything more prescriptive and more like everything else with every new patch?
Jean Li
Underaged Miners Inc.
Goonswarm Federation
#50 - 2012-04-10 15:13:00 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Good, you made mining profitable again. I always thought it was wrong that the main source of minerals was not mining, but shooting things.

But now you need to change the actual process of mining into something that can be enjoyable to someone who isn't yet brain-dead. Even I may start mining when it yields 200 m/hour, but I'm still going to hate it.

You know that mining is shooting rocks, right?
Alec Freeman
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2012-04-10 15:13:40 UTC
Hm. Wonder how long it is too 500m battleships and we all start fighting in T1 cruisers / frigs like the good old days.
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#52 - 2012-04-10 15:19:46 UTC
Largo Coronet wrote:
Though we can probably make rough guesses, can you please provide us with a chart showing the bounties to be paid for each drone type?

Not sure if the Incursion changes will have much effect on how they're run, but we'll just have to see.

Any change that gives more player targets to shoot is a welcome one.

These changes will be on SISI tomorrow (hopefully - definitely this week!) They are exactly the same progression as the existing pirate NPCs

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Kelduum Revaan
The Ebon Hawk
#53 - 2012-04-10 15:20:39 UTC
Alx Warlord wrote:
Also, some sort of X-Large corporate hangar for minners to store stuff on POS is realy needed.... it makes no sense storing things on a X-Large ship assembly array... Also it would be realy interesting to fave a tab for each player store its stuff...( remove the tabs and add folders or something like it...)... this could also be applied to assembly arrays!

The problem is that POS hangars and so on are all extensions of the corporation hangar stuff, and as such are tied into the horrible mess which is corp mechanics as they are at the moment.

All the UI stuff is getting some love, which will help a little, but without effectively scrapping and rewriting all of the corp mechanics (and the new an interesting ways that could break things) means its probably not going to be possible for quite some time.
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#54 - 2012-04-10 15:21:35 UTC
Jean Li wrote:
Terrorfrodo wrote:

You know that mining is shooting rocks, right?

Yes, it's the same, only the rocks don't even shoot back, so it's even more boring than PvE combat.

Which is why it must be changed. Into a mini-game that is completely different from shooting stuff. It has to involve some measure of player skill requirement. Deep knowledge about game mechanics as well as practice should give you an advantage. Scanning is an ideal example for such a mini-game.

And of course it should not be as completely repetitive as it is now. That would also discourage botting. Right now all miners are bots, whether they run botting software or not.

Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2012-04-10 15:26:39 UTC
I want to see viable scout sites, they sould be less profitable then vanguards ofc but their current state is silly.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#56 - 2012-04-10 15:28:01 UTC
Inferno, the ebil Pirate combat expansion, is going to be remembered as one of the greatest *miners* patches ever. Bear
Securitas Protector
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde
#57 - 2012-04-10 15:28:14 UTC
To be clear; I think the sec status of the drone regions DOES need a nerf but I think CCP was much too heavy-handed. Maybe a 10% nerf across the board or something.
Visreae
Iskitution Philanderies Associated
#58 - 2012-04-10 15:28:26 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Largo Coronet wrote:
Though we can probably make rough guesses, can you please provide us with a chart showing the bounties to be paid for each drone type?

Not sure if the Incursion changes will have much effect on how they're run, but we'll just have to see.

Any change that gives more player targets to shoot is a welcome one.

These changes will be on SISI tomorrow (hopefully - definitely this week!) They are exactly the same progression as the existing pirate NPCs

You do not have my permission to do this. Please consult with me in the future before you make more mistakes. Thank you.

To be clear drones will be worth even less than any other pirate, which they already were, in order to make mining look more attractive. Are you kidding me? No loot, and worst salvage, and you think "Hey drones are OP, lets nerf them for the miners!" Please stop huffing the dry erase markers.
Ripard Teg
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#59 - 2012-04-10 15:29:03 UTC
Every system even approaching being a decent mining system will be horribly surprise-sex-caged in 3... 2... 1...

Still, overall, some good changes here!

aka Jester, who apparently was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer to good effect.

TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#60 - 2012-04-10 15:31:13 UTC  |  Edited by: TheButcherPete
First you remove my alloys, risking the possibility of destroying our economy for a long period of time. Then you keep Mining so ******* boring that most people can only bear doing it by Botting. But then you crack down on bots. THEN, you **** up my trusec.

I've been very understanding of you, CCP, but this is a step too far. Thanks for destroying the value of my home.

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]