These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New isk sink, Simple idea, absolutely no drawbacks.

Author
Nedes Betternaem
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-04-06 03:13:43 UTC
There definitely needs to be more ISK sinks, and this one seems completely reasonable.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#22 - 2012-04-06 03:16:38 UTC
Nedes Betternaem wrote:
There definitely needs to be more ISK sinks, and this one seems completely reasonable.

This. I'd add this to my list of mechanics changes if that thread gave me an option for number four, if not for any other reason than this.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Digital Messiah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-04-06 03:33:11 UTC
This is definitely something I could see as being useful. Putting a life span on clones would also be a good way to improve its effectiveness as an isk sink. Insurance has a lifespan why not your clone?

Something clever

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#24 - 2012-04-06 03:41:17 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
Selinate wrote:
Isk for full character recustomization.

To what point? Bloodline, Gender, Race and so forth as well?

Amoeba

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Darth Gustav
#25 - 2012-04-06 03:45:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Gustav
Virgil Travis wrote:
Ai Shun wrote:
Selinate wrote:
Isk for full character recustomization.

To what point? Bloodline, Gender, Race and so forth as well?

Amoeba

Phantom Phreak wrote:
Her mom writes self-help books for women. **** like "Women Who Love Men Who Are Emotional Amoeba."

Hackers

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Arc Typ
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-04-06 03:59:12 UTC
Definitely gets a like from me. While I kill very few rats, (trading!) as a new player I do not like the idea of having my potential income from bounties cut down.

Support!
Amity Lane
Lane Family Shell Corp
#27 - 2012-04-06 04:17:07 UTC
I think it's an excellent idea to have some kind of service to pay ISK to recustomize your character.

However, I have my doubts that it would be an effective ISK sink. A large subset of players barely acknowledge that they even have an avatar. I also can't see people recustomizing their characters all that often.
Selinate
#28 - 2012-04-06 04:19:14 UTC
Amity Lane wrote:
I think it's an excellent idea to have some kind of service to pay ISK to recustomize your character.

However, I have my doubts that it would be an effective ISK sink. A large subset of players barely acknowledge that they even have an avatar. I also can't see people recustomizing their characters all that often.

Then make it a more expensive isk sink. 10 mil a pop?
Darth Gustav
#29 - 2012-04-06 04:21:17 UTC
Selinate wrote:
Amity Lane wrote:

Scalar. Based on degree of change.

For example, a total sex change would tack on around 200M (they actually modify your chromosomes so your clones grow the new gender, too)

Changing your bloodline would maybe be 100M.

I mean you said you'd pay Aurum.

These prices are therefore not that unreasonable.

Selinate
#30 - 2012-04-06 04:32:12 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
Selinate wrote:
Amity Lane wrote:

Scalar. Based on degree of change.

For example, a total sex change would tack on around 200M (they actually modify your chromosomes so your clones grow the new gender, too)

Changing your bloodline would maybe be 100M.

I mean you said you'd pay Aurum.

These prices are therefore not that unreasonable.

No, they're not at all, and I totally agree.

I just want the option there, and I see absolutely no problem with this idea of different levels of recustomization expenses.
Kolya Medz
Kolya Inc.
#31 - 2012-04-06 04:33:48 UTC
+1 to OP's idea. I should be able to be any race, bloodline, gender i choose since it doesn't effect the game in any way. (Other than being an isk sink.)

-1 to lifespans on clones. That's to harsh on the casual player. Especially beginning casual players. Also, I have 3 characters on my account with skills. I would have to manage all their clones, and make sure all those characters have isk too?? It would be worse with multiple accounts.
SlayerOfArgus
Hermes Enterprises
#32 - 2012-04-06 04:42:40 UTC
This seems like a simple enough idea and would be a good isk sink. The ability to pay for it with aurum would be embraced by ccp I'm sure. This is a win for both sides. Players get to revamp themselves and ccp gets a new isk sink Smile
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#33 - 2012-04-06 04:46:04 UTC
I'd support it provided names are kept the same.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-04-06 04:50:54 UTC
Selinate wrote:
Sinooko wrote:
I support this.

Thank you.

I'm still not sure why this hasn't even been implemented yet.

They're waiting to delicately introduce it with pay by Aurum, not ISK.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Darth Gustav
#35 - 2012-04-06 04:52:36 UTC
Ila Dace wrote:
Selinate wrote:
Sinooko wrote:
I support this.

Thank you.

I'm still not sure why this hasn't even been implemented yet.

They're waiting to delicately introduce it with pay by Aurum, not ISK.

Silly bobblepubbie, Aurum is ISK. Just in very large concentrations.

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#36 - 2012-04-06 04:54:13 UTC
It kind of reminds you how dumb the idea of Aurum is for a game that is in desperate need of Isk sinks.
MushroomMushroom
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#37 - 2012-04-06 04:59:53 UTC
As much as I've tried, I cannot come up with anything wrong with this idea... I figured given the title that the idea would inevitably have a drawback, but I don't see it.
Darth Gustav
#38 - 2012-04-06 05:01:02 UTC
MushroomMushroom wrote:
As much as I've tried, I cannot come up with anything wrong with this idea... I figured given the title that the idea would inevitably have a drawback, but I don't see it.

Healthy skepticism!

X

Black Dranzer
#39 - 2012-04-06 05:02:29 UTC
But that would eliminate a perfectly good potential microtransaction option!

Frankly I don't give a **** about that, but you can bet your ass CCP does.
Darth Gustav
#40 - 2012-04-06 05:04:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Gustav
Black Dranzer wrote:
But that would eliminate a perfectly good potential microtransaction option!

Frankly I don't give a **** about that, but you can bet your ass CCP does.

Silly bobblepubbie, Aurum is real money. Just in fairly high concentrations.